Suggestions for the Cathe National Tour?

I would love either a 2 or a 3 day road trip-type event--the road trips always sound like such a blast! Memphis, Nashville, or somewhere else in Tennessee would be a great addition to Cathe's tour schedule!! :) We Southern fans would be ecstatic!

One more vote for San Francisco

I vote for San Francisco. Now that is a double vacation.:cool: San Francisco is beautifull, with many great places. We live in Sacramento but going there almost every weekend. Just walking up and down on those hills is a real workout. ;) The air, the wiews and the weather are perfect.
Or maybe two days in SF and two days in Sacramento :p
I am sure if Cathe is comming here she will have more fans because these cities are very active.
The fitness and nutrition lectures sound great. :)

Timea

Chicago, Chicago, Chicago. Milwaukee isn't that far from here, either. I think a Fri eve dinner/speaker, then classes on Sat with maybe a speaker at lunch time, and then perhaps a Sunday breakfast. I guess as far a lecture/speaker, it would depend on who it was and how entertaining they are.

Nan

Oh, and Chicago is a nice spot!

My vote is for a one day event similar to the format that just took place for the partnership launch in NYC. A workout session, meet and greet, autograph/picture session, breakfast/brunch/lunch, Q&A. As a new/working mom, I don’t have the time/means to do more than a one day event. I have never been able to attend the roadtrips for this reason so I am looking forward to something on a smaller scale and the opportunity to meet and work out with Cathe live and in person.

Another vote for CHICAGO as well.

Thoughts from an ATL Road Trip Veteran

Chris, this is really exciting news! :D

WRITER and I think alike. I just KNOW there's a groundswell of support for coming to Atlanta and I'm all in for THAT. You didn't ask, but we're volunteering ATL as a super duper destination suggestion.

Our Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int'l Airport is the transportation hub for, um, I believe 2/3 of the planet. ;) So we'd be a logical choice. We have great event venues, beautiful hotels and fabulous health clubs. And we're wicked friendly down here, too!

Having done a lot of RT's as one of your Coordinators, I'd like to see Cathe do a very Road Trip-similar format, as has been suggested. It's a tried and true format that always works and provides great value on many levels to the attendees.

I would vote for allocating Fri-Sat-Sun morning to a National Tour event, instead of just a few hours or a Fri-Sat because I think a weekend-long event maximizes the chance that Cathe, all of you at SNM, all the folks at EB who will work on this tour, and all of your attendees will have the best possible experience. Planning a quick event of just a few hours or an afternoon is still going to be a lot of work and travel for Cathe and all of you -- much more than people might realize, and really not a whole lot less work than you'd have to put in to planning an overnight or weekend-long event. I think you'd get the best bang for the buck out of your planning and your traveling by planning a longer event. I also say do the WHOLE weekend instead of Fri-Sat because Friday afternoons and early evenings are impossible to predict, logistically. Our RT experience in Glassboro has always shown us that getting our attendees to the Friday events is the toughest goal to achieve -- folks are often coming from work, or are arriving at a terrible time for traffic. Friday afternoon is just a bear of a time to travel by car, plane or train. It's difficult in most major cities to get from Point A to Point B. And if some of your attendees missed all or part of the Friday events involuntarily, I'd hate to think that all they'd have left is Saturday.

I would also vote for putting the big emphasis upon Cathe classes, with a few in-between activities periods that are designed for resting, socializing, getting photos with Cathe, shopping for Cathe stuff, snacking and hydrating. Icebreaker games at the early part of the weekend would be a nice touch. Adding guest speakers would be an attractive add-on, too, if doing so would allow for the attendees to multi-task ---- say, there's a speaker but he/she speaks over lunch. If having the speaker interferes with or compresses the schedule of Cathe classes and shopping-snacking-photo op time, I'd ditch the speaker.

Best of luck to you all at SNM with the planning. This really is such a cool and awesome thing for you all!!! :D

Last edited:
... Adding guest speakers would be an attractive add-on, too, if doing so would allow for the attendees to multi-task ---- say, there's a speaker but he/she speaks over lunch. If having the speaker interferes with or compresses the schedule of Cathe classes and shopping-snacking-photo op time, I'd ditch the speaker.

Best of luck to you all at SNM with the planning. This really is such a cool and awesome thing for you all!!! :D

That is a great idea to multi-task the speaker sessions. Having a nutrition speaker over a nutritious lunch would be great!

Carrie

I am going to disagree that it should be in the same format as her road trips. Granted, I have never been on one, and I am sure they are great but I think the tours should be smaller scale. If the purpose is to reach more fans that aren’t able to make the road trips (raising hand here) which always sell out too quickly because there is a limited amount of space, then I think the format should be such that more are able to attend. I think the more elaborate it is the higher the cost the less likely some may be able to attend. Plus, two to three days is a big time commitment for an attendee with other obligations, I think an all day event would be best. Or maybe set it up so an attendee has the option to participate in one, two or three days - but I'm sure that would be more work.

Oh, and again, my vote is for CHICAGO to be one of the tour stops. J

Chris, this is really exciting news! :D

WRITER and I think alike. I just KNOW there's a groundswell of support for coming to Atlanta and I'm all in for THAT. You didn't ask, but we're volunteering ATL as a super duper destination suggestion.

Our Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int'l Airport is the transportation hub for, um, I believe 2/3 of the planet. ;) So we'd be a logical choice. We have great event venues, beautiful hotels and fabulous health clubs. And we're wicked friendly down here, too!

Having done a lot of RT's as one of your Coordinators, I'd like to see Cathe do a very Road Trip-similar format, as has been suggested. It's a tried and true format that always works and provides great value on many levels to the attendees.

I would vote for allocating Fri-Sat-Sun morning to a National Tour event, instead of just a few hours or a Fri-Sat because I think a weekend-long event maximizes the chance that Cathe, all of you at SNM, all the folks at EB who will work on this tour, and all of your attendees will have the best possible experience. Planning a quick event of just a few hours or an afternoon is still going to be a lot of work and travel for Cathe and all of you -- much more than people might realize, and really not a whole lot less work than you'd have to put in to planning an overnight or weekend-long event. I think you'd get the best bang for the buck out of your planning and your traveling by planning a longer event. I also say do the WHOLE weekend instead of Fri-Sat because Friday afternoons and early evenings are impossible to predict, logistically. Our RT experience in Glassboro has always shown us that getting our attendees to the Friday events is the toughest goal to achieve -- folks are often coming from work, or are arriving at a terrible time for traffic. Friday afternoon is just a bear of a time to travel by car, plane or train. It's difficult in most major cities to get from Point A to Point B. And if some of your attendees missed all or part of the Friday events involuntarily, I'd hate to think that all they'd have left is Saturday.

I would also vote for putting the big emphasis upon Cathe classes, with a few in-between activities periods that are designed for resting, socializing, getting photos with Cathe, shopping for Cathe stuff, snacking and hydrating. Icebreaker games at the early part of the weekend would be a nice touch. Adding guest speakers would be an attractive add-on, too, if doing so would allow for the attendees to multi-task ---- say, there's a speaker but he/she speaks over lunch. If having the speaker interferes with or compresses the schedule of Cathe classes and shopping-snacking-photo op time, I'd ditch the speaker.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALL OF THIS!!! Especially the ATLANTA part!

I would sit through a boring guest speaker as I'm gulping for air from a kick rumpass (notice the extra "s"?) class...As long as it's in Minneapolis or Chicago! Yes, I'd be willing to drive 8 hours through Wisconsin to get to Chicago (oh, and my brother's on base there, so I've got a place to stay!)...Either works...

Like many others, I think fitness over nutrition should be discussed. We know what "healthy" eating entails, though some of us don't always adhere to the standard we should...We will need to expect some EB (don't flame me for that!) media since they are sponsering the trips...

MJ

I also vote for Atlanta but just for a full day, preferably Saturday of classes and maybe a lecture on nutrition along with maybe an hour of rest/meet & greet/autograph/pictures with Cathe, etc.

I've never been on a road trip although I would love to and can't really afford a full weekend. I agree if there's not enough time for a speaker, I'd rather just have the classes or have him/her speak over lunch.

Maybe a schedule of two classes in the morning, lunch break with speaker, 2 classes in the afternoon and an hour of rest/meet & greet/autograph/pictures with Cathe, etc.

Marcy

Here's another vote for MN. There's more of us around than I thought. I'd take a 2 or 3 day event. Whatever we can get :) I guess I'd pick a three day event - how often is this going to come around?

How about Atlanta! There are many Cathe fans that live in the Atlanta area and plenty of things to do as well. Atlanta is also a central large city for Catheites to visit from near by states.

A vote for NE Ohio here! I'll eat a whole carton of EB eggs at one sitting if Cathe comes to Ohio.... :D

As far as format goes, I've never been on a road trip (going to try next year!), but that kind of format sounds great, but I honestly don't care what the format is, because if Cathe's involved, I'm sure it's going to be fun and first-rate!

Possibly it could be several days, but maybe flexible so if some people can't afford to stay overnight several nights, there could be a day that people can just show up, exercise, go to seminars, etc, and then go home that same day if they prefer.

I'm sure all Cathe fans would appreciate anything that was offered! It's just great that Cathe's going to expand her fan base and expose lots more people to her fabulous workouts!

Please tell me Cathe's coming to Baltimore/DC? I agree with those that have said a weekend type thing (along the lines of a roadtrip) would be awesome! I'll sit through lectures, but there'd better be some photo ops and workouts in there! :)

MC

Casting a vote for Indianapolis - The Crossroads of America! Chicago would be a wonderful spot, too.:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.