Suggestions for the Cathe National Tour?

I would love it if it were a full 2 days (where as the road trips don't start until Fri nite so if it was over Sat nite it would really only be one day. If I am going to travel, I'd like to make a full weekend + out of it. Travelling across then entire US takes an extra 2 days for me due to time differences and cheap rates so a Fri, Sat, Sun would be super in my book.

If it will be a 3 day event then I would love some optional lectures on fitness and nutrition. Something along the lines of different types of training, how to set up rotations, best ways to switch things up, how to fuel yourself for your training goals, etc. I love to learn !

Now, even though you didn't ask . . . and I know many have piped in on the home page notice . . . anywhere on the West Coast would be ideal for me. And, being that I live mid state CA, I can be anywhere in about 2 hours so I am game. Even Las Vegas or Seattle would be super for me !

Lots of great suggestions on places where the event could be held . . . keeping 'em coming so we can give as much input as possible.

OOOHHHHH I am so excited as the Roadtrips just haven't worked out for me yet !

For us western folk, something similar to the road trip would be great .... since it's harder for us to travel your way.

I'm in Colorado Springs, and would love to see Denver on your map. Oh heck, treat yourself .... make it Aspen or Vail!

As you know we have just announced our plans for the Cathe Friedrich National Tour that will be sponsored by Eggland’s Best. We want these events to be geared to you and we would like your input on what you would like to see at these events. Obviously, we will have plenty of workout classes with Cathe, but what else would you like to see or do? … Do you want lectures from experts in the fitness and Nutrition fields? … If so who? Or would prefer more fun -get -to - know – each - other kind of events?

We would also like to know how long the events should be? We’re currently working on planning for 5 or 6 major USA cities. We want these events held at locations where you can also enjoy a mini vacation. Would prefer something like what we do on our roadtrip: Friday check in, all day Saturday, end Sunday Morning? Or would prefer to end late on Saturday? So let us know which works best for you 1,2 or 3 days?

I wouldn't mind some nutrition lectures, especially since that is my sticking point in getting fit. However, as others have said, I would like it if they were brief, to the point, and fun - maybe interactive? Fitness experts would be interesting as well. Maybe someone to sort through all the conflicting news stories about what is better - heavy weights vs. light; interval vs. steady state, etc.

Depending on location, I am ok with 3 days. I would love to fight for a stop in the Northeast Ohio area. Depending on timing, there is a lot to do. People could see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Football Hall of Fame, Science Center, catch an Indians game, dine at any of the wonderfully different ethnic restaurants in the area. They could then end the trip with a drive to Cedar Point and ride on some of the world's best rated roller coasters. There are a lot of hotels with conference facilities in the area that can hold the Road Trip and guests. OR, how about Columbus...great shopping...and plenty of hotels/conference facilities, centrally located...

Carrie

ANOTHER PLACE WHERE A CATHE ROAD TRIP COULD TURN INTO A DOUBLE VACATION!!!!

ANOTHER VOTE FOR VEGAS BABY! and there are so many options here... prime venues, great restaurants, great weather most of the year, easy access from surrounding states and a great deal of airline access with awesome (air/hotel) packages to be had!

even though I am a lucky one to attend the 2009 RT, I would love another chance to take more classes with Cathe, hopefully meet some new faces of those who for whatever reason couldn't make the journey to the RT... to tie in the EB factor with a nutrition segment would be a great help to those of us who do not have problems exercising, but rather the eating/nutrution is the missing link or bump in the road, so to speak, in our fitness journey. Maybe a fun, interactive, way to present nutrition and healthy eating ideas.

I vote for a 2 or 3 day situation, classes and Q and A with Cathe. I don't want guest lecturers. I want a class situation, and some fun.

Cleveland would be a great place for a weekend, as you have alot of NE Ohio fans!

My prime motivation would be to spend the time with Cathe and the other attendees - and not worrying too much about outside influences.

I go to several conferences a year - and in my experience, places like Vegas are not condusive to a group event - people tend to scatter - staying at a variety of places - and you dont get the close group dynamic that I think Cathe brings to her current road trips. I think her current road trips work so well because everyone is staying together, eating together, sweating together. That just isnt going to happen in a venue like Vegas.

I am not saying we have to hole up in some small venue - but I would want to be able to spend as much time with the people I am there to see and meet to be able to form some of the bonds a lot of the past road trippers have.

That being said! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hit the northwest... us poor west coasters just havent had the same opportunities as the east coasters... :) (ok ok.... working the sympathy votes.... lol.. girls gotta try )

I would love to see Cathe somewhere in Michigan! With the economy the way it is here, I'm sure any city in Michigan would welcome Cathe and crew with open arms.:) However, I would make the 8 hour trek to Chicago to attend the event. How cool would it be for Cathe to be on the Oprah show in Chicago, with attendees of the event in the audience? I'm not an Oprah fan, but I would most definitely want to go to that show! That would be excellent exposure for Cathe too. Although, I don't know which days of the week Oprah tapes the show. Also, the CBOE (Chicago Board Options Exchange) is in downtown Chicago too - maybe Cathe or Egglands could ring the opening or closing bell?

I like the Friday afternoon thru Sunday morning format. It seemed to work out well with flight times during the RT, even with all the weather delays. Plus, a 3-day format makes it worth the trip.

I don't mind short lectures as long as they are interesting. I would like to see some added nutritional information though. Maybe egglands could put something together on that front. Also, I agree that fun and games is what memories are made of. Perhaps consider making teams up so that folks 'have' to interact with new people......makes it much more interesting and forces everyone out of their comfort zones, but that's how new friends are made. It takes the intimidation factor out of meeting new people, especially if you are not a naturally outgoing type of person.

I liked the way everything was scheduled during the RT. Actually I really wouldn't have minded an even busier schedule. If I'm going to travel that far for an event, I want it packed full of things to do.:D Although, if there are going to be gaps in the schedule, I would prefer them at the end of the day so that I could visit with new friends yet still be able to get some ZZZZ's to prepare for the next day.

I'm sure Cathe will have some surprises up her sleeve too. She never disappoints.:D

Angie

I don't have the funds to travel and stay in a hotel but I would LOVE to go to a one day or shorter event that I could drive to and get to enjoy the fun.

I would also agree with this. Ft. Lauderdale is like a mini vacation spot.:)

Fort Lauderdale would be perfect, however I am willing to drive to Daytona for a mini road trip. Two days of fun and gertting to know each other will be nice, and of course the workouts.

Suzette

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!!!
fri, sat, sun all day would be great. Some working out, some food, some q & a with Cathe would be perfect.
;):D:cool:

Cathe & only Cathe...

1 all day event with just Cathe (& crew) and fellow Catheites! Classes, Q&A, future product/workout info, photo ops, get to know you events, etc.

MD/DC/VA area please!!!

Another vote for Minneapolis/St. Paul! Education, classes, the whole kit and caboodle, works for me.
Colleen

Columbia, South Carolina-Atlanta 4 hours away, Charlotte 2 hours away, Charleston and Greenville both about an hour and 1/2 away. Saturday would be awesome. This is the closest I can come to see Cathe is in ColaTown.

Just not doing football season. Hard to find hotel/motels.

Everything is bigger in TEXAS...

Houston is a great city :D:D:D

There is a ton of variety in and around the city for people who want to make a mini vacation out of it. I would go for more meet and greet rather than lectures and the timing of 2-3 days sounds perfect!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.