STS first time!

Betty, you sound like me with the camera. That happened to me once but it wasn't the battery. I had forgotten to put the chip back in!!
Mobs of people in a gym with no air circulation sounds horrible!

Maybe you should do one of Leah's w/o's. You won't get super sweaty from those. I did AB. I love that one. I feel totally worked when I am done. Now I am eating my salad w/grilled chicken.

Headed out to the pool shortly.

Colleen, I miss your daily posts.

Ended up doing UY Strength. I sweated more at the graduation! I didn't mind at all! It was a good wringing of your body. My shoulders are still feeling it from last week's BS Ch and UY CT, so I'm not doing the planks/pushups full strength. (I am feeling doms from XT Legs nicely too.)
The program is still so new to me, and I'm jumping in with no previewing, so I'm not getting the whole picture of each workout yet, but I do love it. It's just my level! Imagine if it were more advanced than I can handle?? I could see that collecting dust in a corner. After all that coveting, right?

Eating a spinach salad with some nuts and red onions right now. It occurs to me that I barely get any greens in at lunchtime. Or should I say I get NONE in.

It's nice that you hang out in the pool daily. Do you get sick of it? I'm sure the water is waaaay too cold for me. We used to get free reign of the neighbor's pool but we hardly used it:confused:. Too much sun, too hot, always some excuse. Dumb.

Need to go to the library.

Good afternoon ladies!!!

What a beautiful day. DH ad I took off today. Last night we took the kids to a minor league baseball game. It was a lot of fun. Expect the ride home where the kids were so exhausted they didn't know how to keep it together. They did end up falling asleep. DS is taking a nap now because the late night caught up with him. Dd won't nap, but she's resting while reading a book. I'm sitting outside. The sun feel so nice.

This morning I did my last bb workout for 5 weeks. Monday starts the break. I think I am going to do xTrain and LIS.

Betty, sorry the graduation was so hot and you forgot the battery. I did last last week where I forgot to put the memory card back in. I have not done hardcore. My UB is sore from UY cardio yesterday.

Carolyn, hope you are enjoying the first day of summer.

Jean, Your house sounds wonderful. I'll see if I can send you some instructions on how to list pictures. I always post from the cathe app on either my phone or iPad so not too familiar with using the website. I hope the gluten free and dairy free diet works for your sister. It's helped me tremendously. It's hard at first but it becomes second nature. Especially if it makes her feel better. Too funny in the well guys. Wish they came with the house.

Missy, hope you are getting through all your work today.

Happy Friday Girls. It is the most lovely day today. Maybe I will sit out and read today.
We went to Delaware yesterday. When we got to our community I felt like I was home. We went to the community center and checked out the exercise room. They have gym quality stuff: 2 ellipticals, 1 treadmill, 1 incumbent bike, and 3 weight machine things that do different things. Everything has a t.v. attached to it. I can't wait to use that stuff. We saw one lady walking and 2 ladies riding bikes. So I know I won't be staying inside like I do now. I told my husband I feel like I am merely existing now. So after I move I hope to have lots of activities to report. The house is beautiful. The decorator met us there with a man. He measured all the windows and her and I picked out the material for the shades. The paint colors are magnificent. I wish someone could tell me how to post a picture. I have all my pics loaded on my laptop but I have no clue how to post. I went to reply and then advanced but then I was lost. :confused: I have some great pics. I would even put them in a public folder if someone can tell me how to do it. The driveway and sidewalk is in. They require you have 2 trees in the front yard. I don't like trees in my yard so I told her I would like 2 red crepe myrtals. So that is what we are getting. We had 2 blonde shirtless guys digging the well but they don't come with the house. :( The well is only used for watering the lawn and wahing cars. The house comes with a sprinkler system and they do expect you to use it so we paid extra for a well. The paint colors are gorgeous. My exercise room is swimming pool blue. When I saw it , I just wanted to exercise. I read that blue gives you energy. My chandeliers are up minus the crystals. I will put those on myself. Well if anyway can help me post pictures , I will let you see it all. The builder is pushing for the end of July. I think the hardwood floors go in next week. Everything is hardwood except the bathrooms and laundry room.

Carolyn Do you feel LL is helping your inner thighs? I know that is your trouble spot. Where are you going on vacation?

Betty I forget what you said the plumbers are doing. I hope you got that mess cleaned up. I hate the filth from construction work. I loved your cards. You are very creative. I like how you used the word "congrads". That was cute. They look like they were time consuming. I would have to look on the internet to get card ideas.

Colleen I am glad to hear your stomach is healed. My sister is having some personal rear end problems. I won't give TMI here. Anyway they can't figure out what her problem so the Dr has her on gluten free and lactose free to see if that helps her.

Jean

Jean, it is so fantastic to do new construction, to get everything the way you want! All that you have described is of utmost importance to me. Except I would sub Japanese red maples for crepe myrtles (I don't even know what they look like; they're probably regional.)

I had my water heater and furnace replaced with a one-pc, high-efficiency combo. So exciting! Don't tell anyone I said this but I can't wait to see what the heating will be like in the fall.;) The process we have ingrained in our brains of setting the heat to go on/off at certain times is going out the window!

Here's the CAJUN BOIL recipe (keep in mind it is a work-in-process for me):

Ingredients:
• 1 lb each of a combination of mussels, shrimp, clams, cleaned (try crab, crawfish too)
• 4 tbsp butter
• 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil (add more later if you deem it not moist enough)
• 1 tbsp McCormick Cajun Seasoning
• 1 tbsp paprika
• 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
• 1½ tsp freshly ground pepper
• 1½ tsp kosher salt
• 1/8 tsp (or to taste) cayenne pepper
• 1 whole small head of garlic, minced very finely
• the juice of 1 lemon
• 4 ears corn, in halves or thirds
• Freshly-cooked white rice to sop up the sauce
Directions:
1. In an 8” stockpot, steam the corn for 10-12 mins until tender. Set aside and add (bring more water to a boil, if necessary) the mussels and clams to the steaming liquid, steaming until the shells open, about 5-7 minutes. Drain the liquid. Put the corn back in and cover.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and olive oil over med-low heat. Add garlic and saute until translucent and flavor comes out, about 2 minutes. Add the Cajun seasoning, paprika, Old Bay, black pepper, salt, and cayenne, and mix thoroughly until warmed through. Add the shrimp and cook until tender and pink, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Pour the shrimp and butter/oil seasoning over the shellfish and corn and toss to coat. Squeeze and drizzle lemon juice over the mixture.
4. Serve immediately over steaming white rice.
Serves: 4-6

Let me know if you ever try it.

I need to figure out what to serve for dinner tonight:confused:. I am hungry right now!

Good afternoon ladies!!!

What a beautiful day. DH ad I took off today. Last night we took the kids to a minor league baseball game. It was a lot of fun. Expect the ride home where the kids were so exhausted they didn't know how to keep it together. They did end up falling asleep. DS is taking a nap now because the late night caught up with him. Dd won't nap, but she's resting while reading a book. I'm sitting outside. The sun feel so nice.

This morning I did my last bb workout for 5 weeks. Monday starts the break. I think I am going to do xTrain and LIS.

Betty, sorry the graduation was so hot and you forgot the battery. I did last last week where I forgot to put the memory card back in. I have not done hardcore. My UB is sore from UY cardio yesterday.

Carolyn, hope you are enjoying the first day of summer.

Jean, Your house sounds wonderful. I'll see if I can send you some instructions on how to list pictures. I always post from the cathe app on either my phone or iPad so not too familiar with using the website. I hope the gluten free and dairy free diet works for your sister. It's helped me tremendously. It's hard at first but it becomes second nature. Especially if it makes her feel better. Too funny in the well guys. Wish they came with the house.

Missy, hope you are getting through all your work today.

Colleen, you deserve a day off! Sounds like we all have great weather for the moment.
Congrats on completing the BB periodization system! You must be excited to do some Cathe;).
Your kids sound so cute; so young.

Thanks Betty. It's hard to believe that six months is over. I really enjoyed the periodization program. I am looking forward to a change, but I am excited for the next program. My body has responded so well to her workouts.

Today was been a relaxing day. I painted my toe nails and went for a walk.

Guess who did low-impact challenge today? This girl! So excited that I got official Cathe workout in. B took a nap for a full hour which is actually really long for him.

We're off today so we just doing some garage saling. I found some really good deals on clothes and toys for B.

Missy I thought of you yesterday when I was at the dentist had a couple cavities filled. The novacaine took forever to wear off. When it did I was in some serious pain. I just felt ill. I had a headache and just felt terrible. I'll also be thinking of you tomorrow morning when I do a 5k. My friend and I are going to do them with the babies. Super excited!

Hi to everyone else. Hope you're all having a good day.

Betty You are the BOMB. I was able to load some pics. So far I have 3 in there. You guys should be able to see them.
Thanks for the recipe. It's looks easy. Am I supposed to be steaming the corn and seaford instead of boiling it?

o.k. I put a bunch of pics in an album. Yal should be able to see them.

Carolyn I remember you speaking of Storyland last year.

Betty For your sake I will wish for cold weather in Boston .:eek: Our development is mostly 50 ish and older. I think there are maybe 2 families with small children. One lady who just moved in permanently was living part time in Tuscany Italy. I think it may have been Arezzo. I know nothing about Italy.

Last edited:
Jean- Baby 2 :) Oh how I do miss being pregnant. Tony and I were even talking about cute girls name. We each thought of one on different days. I mentioned mine one day and he said oh funny cuz I just thought if one too. Great minds! But no we will be waiting til B is 2. O know what you mean about gaining weight. I tried on a shirt today and it's way tighter than last time I wore it. Ugh just in time for summer :( I'm sure you look great though. You'll lose it in no time.

Carolyn- Graduation sounded great. I would have surely cried tears of happiness! How exciting about his award. So proud!

Missy- Your husband is so great. Lucky girl :)

Betty- We love our coffee press! We can do boiling or cold water. Just put the grounds in and add boiling water. Press and you have coffee. For the cold press you add grounds and cold water, stir and let sit overnight. Press in the morning and pour over ice. So tasty! I can't think of the brand offhand and I'm too lazy to get up right but but I'll get back to you on that one. You should get one though :)

Last edited:
Colleen- Glad to hear the procedure went well minus the multiple pokes of course!

Betty- Love the cards! You are so creative!

Mary- I think it's so cool that you're taking rowing. How fun! I love working out in different and fun ways :)

Jean, you house is so gorgeous!!!!! How exciting. Congratulations. I would to build our house some day. DH and I love to go look at open houses and admire high end interiors home.

Just ate breakfast and sipping some coffee. I think I might go or a bike ride and a walk today. Not sure yet. My shoulders and arms are still sore from UY cardio on Thursday!!

Betty, I always second guess yoga and tend to shy away from it, but once I do one I realize how good it is for me and the DOMS I usually get. I guess it's just using muscles you are not used to using.

Marie, congrats on getting a cathe done! In sure it felt good.

Carolyn, I'm thinking of doing AB on Monday. That was always one of my fav or CSS.

Hi girls! A gorgeous day!
Jean, I haven't had time to look at your pics yet since I'm not on my computer, but judging from the comments, omg, I can't wait!!!
Oh, that lucky lady, living p-t in Tuscany! That's where I went last year. Sniff, sniff. Waaaah, I want to go baaaack! (said in a whiny voice;))
Enjoy the rest of your weekends!

I came to cathe forum to see what catheletes are saying about BODY BEAST... Would take hours to go through these posts:/ can anyone tell me how it compares to STS??

Hi everyone. We had a nice steady rain this morning and then the sun came out around noon. Now it is hot and humid.

Today's movie was "Warm Bodies". It was horrible. I made it thru half and then shut her down.

Everyone must be busy this weekend.

Good evening my friends.....I have been swamped this weekend!!!! Sometimes going to work is a break for me....lol

Tim wants to start biking outside....so we have been bike shopping sat and sun.....I just got home and got our lunches made for tommorow..... so tired....

I am very excited that Tim is wanting to start exercising....he said to me....I do not like the hard stuff you do....nor do I like walking on the treadmill....what do you think of road biking???? So...we went shopping....tonight we found some nice bikes....but we were in my car....so Tim will go pick them up tomorrow when he gets off work......then after dinner....we will go out for our first ride!!! Will let you know how it goes!!!!!

Good night....will catch up tomorrow!

First of all....Jean---your house is beautiful, I am so happy for you!!! :eek:

Carolyn....I will let you know how it goes....we are going out tonight after dinner. As for the cars....we live in the woods...so not many cars travel our roads....so we will b e safe! As for the crazy nuts that ride on busy roads....thats scarey fo sure!!!!

On our tv....we have the youtube app....I have mostly exercise/nutrition stuff that I subscribe to, and Tim has racing stuff....so when you launch the app on the tv...it gives you all kinds of suggestions (realted to subjects you subscrive too) Tim clicks on all kinds of stuff...but he starting watching all these health and nutrition movies last night....he was glued to the tv....he now thinks we need to change our eating habits....which is okay with me....he thinks we need to cut way back on meat....like hardly any...the occasional burger is okay...says Tim....I was wanting to do this a while ago...when I started watching all the nutritional documentaries on netflix.....so we will see where this goes.....he is wanting to be all healthy like me now....excited! I will support whatever he is interested in trying..."trying" is the key word! LOL

At work...and lots to do....

Oh....we went to Sams saturday to stock up on some stuff....I got this huge container of blueberries....yummy! I also got a gallon container of honey mustard dressing....its 140 calories for 2 tablespoons....I love this dressing for my fresh veggies...just like to use it for a dip! Yum Yum!!! I prob dont even use 1 tablesoon..... Its the little things that get us all excited!!!!

I will post pics of us on our first ride tonight!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.