STS first time!

Good morning ladies!!

It was quite here this weekend. I guess everyone was busy. Time always gets away from me in the weekends.we enjoyed the long weekend. Saturday we went to the beach and yesterday just relaxed. I did walk on both day.

It was a beautiful weekend. This week will be more muggy and hot.

So last night I had no idea what I wanted to do for a workout today. I ended up downloading Leah's new MRT workouts. I did MRT 3 and 1/2 of MRT 1 this morning. I ran out if time to do the whole one. I really enjoyed then. Very similar to afterburn. So uses compound exercises with weights followed by a cardio segments (ei lunge with front raise) Repeats each 3 times followed by a one minute rest. My heart rate was racing. Good stuff.

Good morning! It's warm, and the humidity is dragging me down. Idk what I'll exercise to. The wooly mammoth rug won't be helping any.

Carolyn, I totally sympathize with your wide-eyedness. I seem to be going through some form of menopausal upheaval with warm flashes, failing eyesight, and weird sleeplessness. I am a wreck. As much as I loathed humidity before, I think I will be able to tolerate it even less now. I overheat just standing or sitting!
Oh, the idea of ds being home on summer vacation is totally not appealing. Three more days.
I just realized that around the same time you are going to Storyland, I'm going with ds and a friend and her kids to Quebec City. Leaving Thu coming back Sat night.

bbl to catch up on all the posts.

Last edited:
Omg, just shoot me already. Why do I pick the most intense or difficult workouts for the grossest days?? I just finished Tabatacise, all of it. I even added 2 100 RCs, triceps and biceps. Think I went a little light on the biceps. Oh well, the neural pathways were forged regardless.
I turned on the a/c at the beginning, so I didn't get the carpeting dried up in time. My wall unit a/c is in the dining room, so it has to make a number of turns to get blown into the living room where I exercise.:mad: I had two fans blowing toward the room.

I had a thought yesterday as I was wallowing in my worsening farsightedness: do you think that it's possible since I've slowed doing Cathe regularly, I am not getting as much oxygen up into my brain and hence eyes as I would with Cathe workouts? What is everyone's take on this? I must ask our optician friend ColleenK too.

Speaking of Cathe, I rushed to read the newsletter, only to realize the updates on the new workouts start tomorrow.:confused:

bbl.

It is SO gross out. Not a lick of air! Shoot me now.

Carolyn, go to bed earlier and get some sleep. You poor thing! Try not to look at computers or such things a couple of hours before bed. They supposedly keep you up. Hopefully the fresh air will help you sleep better.
My knees don't feel that bad because I don't have cumulative Cathe workout pain. You can certainly modify all the jumps by going lower, etc.

Jean, yes, steaming the corn is far better, so you don't boil away all the nutrients.
Your house is incredible! I looooove the style and your inside decor. You have fab taste! Which coincides with mine!;) Love the wall colors, esp the blue! Funny, when I saw the picture of the master tub, I seriously thought that was one of your sinks! I absolutely love the stone in your shower! My sis has travertine. What is yours? I want a bathroom that has a central drain on the floor and that I can use the shower head and in one fell swoop, hose it all down!!! Can yours do that?:D
Is your house built to accomodate future mobility issues? I've been seeing that on This Old House. Wide doorways, sinks, etc that can accomodate wheelchairs.
Just reading the words 'solarium' and 'library' makes me want them soooo bad! I love the color of your cabinets. Just what I'd pick!!!

Hello....so after dinner....we hit the road on our bikes....it was so much fun....Tim really enjoyed it....which is awesome. I mapped our street...its 2.7 miles with massive hills....there is one hill I struggled getting up....but Tim did too.....but we made it!!!!

Just prepared lunches for tomorrow!

Now off to shower!

Be back.....

Good morning and happy tuesday!!!

Great news....Tim said to me this morning.....where we biking to tonight???? Thats so awesome....he really enjoyed last nights trip!!! So I will get on google and she which way is a good way to go....we live in one of the best "biking" areas....even all the serious bikers....come out to our area....hehehe

Up and on the treadmill....

Carolyn....we went out last night around 7 ish.... it was in the high 80's....so it could have been worse.....during the week....it will be late evening, weekends...prob early mornings. This saturday I am going to my friends house around 6:30 am...and we will walk/run 5.5 miles. Then saturday evening I will bike with Tim... and try to squeeze a zuzka workout inbetween. Sunday Tim and I are going biking early in the morning....:D As for during the week....I will go when Tim wants too....I dont want to push him at first since he is enjoying it!

Tonight I plan on doing a Zuzka ZShred workout....Tomorrow I am thinking Afterburn....I miss Cathe...so i'm going to start squeezing them back in too! I just love the dixie cups, there really get those glutes like nothing else!!!! So I have been trying to be good....I have been doing 45 min cardio in am....and sometimes squeezing workouts in the evenings....so I am now going to get strick again...and do dvd every night...

At work....gotta run...bbl!

Good morning! Having my superfoods oatmeal right now:D. Going to have me some Dunkin Donuts coffee too since dh made a fresh pot. Yum.
I woke up to go to the bathroom at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep for so long:confused. I was exhausted when I got up at 7. A little achy from Cathe, but nothing earth-shattering.

That was a painful way to lose the Bruins game last night. I heard dh just about to turn off the tv thinking we won the game. Ugh, so unbelievable.
Carolyn, thank heavens for some sleep. Do you ever take a nap if you have a bad night? 20 mins would do you a world of good.

Missy, awesome on the biking! So great that T is enjoying it. You're lucky to have great paths/trails. I hate riding with cars. I haven't biked in ages. I like the leisurely--wait for it--non-sweaty kind. Those temps would just slay me though.
You are such an Energizer bunny!

Mary, where are you?

Uggg. I had a nice post and it didn't go through.

Missy, what bike did you get? I love to bike ride. I'm glad Tim is enjoying it too.

Today I did 40 min and 12 miles on the spin bike.

My inner thighs and glutes are so sore today. Oh so are my shoulders.

Bbl to post more.

That's funny, I must have heard my name called! This heat is keeping me from getting anything done, and then I stress because I have so much to do!

The weekend was busy, we went to a friend's lake house on Sat. but the water was too cold to go in. It was relaxing though. Then Sunday I took oldest DD shopping for an outfit to wear on college interviews. That was trying to say the least. Hard to find appropriate clothing for a 17 year old that doesn't make her look dowdy.

This week I've done the 2 upper body Xtrain workouts that are not Burn Sets - they are quite good!

Missy, how fun to be biking with Tim. I'm glad he enjoys it too!

Carolyn, glad you got more rest last night. Believe it or not we still do not have our AC in! The fans are just not enough to cool down the house.

Betty, I am stressing out about all the stuff we have to do for colleges. I feel like we have not looked at enough, and we don't have much time this summer either. I wanted DD to look at some, at least look at websites because the colleges she is picking are mostly far away, like DC and now she wants Cornell. Can you give me a sanity check??

Carolyn, I looked at the weather for N. Conway, looks pretty certain it will thunderstorm. I think I would reschedule. When you get back from the lake you will have time to get your house in order and catch up on laundry, while looking forward to another getaway before school starts. As long as your friends don't mind, that is.

Funny, I think I'd just go ahead and keep the trip plans:D. It might just be passing t-storms.
Carolyn, my bro just told me he's going to Storyland Fri-Sun.
It was 100 RC tris that gave me the doms. XTrain is so awesome! Love that series and the ability to pick and choose.

Mary, how do you survive without a/c?? I heat up just thinking about it.
Ok, we were the most laid back about visiting colleges. Dh said not to visit until accepted! If dd can get into Cornell, awesome! Ds didn't. It is located in a remote place:confused:. If you feel comfortable and she has the time and you don't, you might have dd find her way there for a tour with friends or sisters. That way, she can see what that entails if she actually goes there. The long-suffering parents have to arrange all the car trips or flights home during all the breaks.
We also encouraged local schools, since it finally dawned on us, geez, we are in the college capital of the world;). Take it from me, she can go local and still be metaphorically miles from home.
We took Amtrak to DC for vaca once. It was fun, but nearly 10 hrs. Their metro makes it very easy to get around. Georgetown and GWU were right on the metro, if I recall correctly.
Don't worry about seeing each college; it does somehow sort itself out.
That must have been hard to choose a college interview outfit. I'm not sure what's right for a girl.

Where is everyone?? We are a slow thread.:(

Carolyn, imagine us going to Storyland at the same time?? I'd be nervous to meet up, though! Being an introvert and all!;) Alas, my kids are many yrs past it. Too bad. Loved the place.
Shopping in NConway I'd loooove! Haven't been there in 15+ yrs!

I think I'll do BB LB tomorrow. I'm so disgusted by my legs. It's like I haven't made any progress at all!:confused: It must be all that sitting:mad:.
I have a new weekly plan to do a metabolic Cathe, a UY, and a BB. We'll see how it goes.

Jean, need to hear from you.

Colleen, great doms!

Missy, how was biking tonight? Hope no saddle sores.;)

Omg, I just remembered about the new workout postings! Good night!

She posted on facebook first.
Why am I not surprised? Ticks me off. This is what the world has come to. Facebook stinks. It is where everyone hears things first. Even death. People even go so far as to post the passing of a loved one, before telling someone in person. Dumb analogy, but you get my drift. I hate facebook and everything it represents.
Gone are the days of telephones, hand written notes, and simple board games.
Ugh.

Good morning! I am sooo tired!

Carolyn, I totally agree with you that the new workout updates should be posted in cathe.com first and foremost! That's her website after all! Makes no sense to me.:confused:

There isn't a lick of breeze presently to stir this gross tropical humidity! Saaaaaave me!

Our local and national news never showed coverage of this but last Thursday/Friday, the city of Calgary was inundated with 6" of rain. The whole area is flooded, 75k homes had to be evacuated, billions of dollars in cleanup coming, surely. Our relatives were miraculously spared. Considering they are all over the city, that's pretty incredible. All over the world Mother Nature is responding to man's heavy, sometimes thoughtless and careless presence.

Last day of school! Half day at that. Then off on our mini-trip tomorrow, till Saturday night. Sounds like we are away at the same time, Carolyn. Have a great time, and good weather. We are expected to get showery weather the whole time there.:confused:

Good Morning!! Last night, I drove home in the flooding rain....I was driving 30mph in a 60....it was raining so hard you could nt see...... and it didnt stop for hours....so we did not get to go out....typical....get the hubby ready for exercise and the weather says no! I looked at out weather for the next 5 days...and rain is forcasted every day..... I just hope it rains before we get home....rain all morning, I dont care....just be dry after 6 pm....

As for the bike.... we bought the mens/ womens schwinn bikes at academy sports.... Tim wants to see if he really enjoys it and then once we wear these out, we will go and invest in the expensive ones! But, the little we have rode them, they appear to be really nice. Tims dad has a Marin....and I use to ride it a few times a week when we lived in Florida....and I see no difference in them....so thats a good thing! We spend around $600 for the set....so I think they are quality...just not tri bikes....but Im not doing a tri!!!!:p

I do have a facebook page....but I agree the info should be posted here first.....the thing about fb is....its a status symbol for most....look at me!!!:eek::mad:

Okay at work and lots to do as this is the last week of the month!!! Reports, reports, reports!!!

Be back later!:eek:

Hi girls. I am here. Just been super busy and feeling blah.

Today I did another of Leah's MRT segments. I enjoyed it but I was still sore from Monday. I then did a lot of stretching. I also went on a 2 mile walk today.

Carolyn, hopefully they will call you back soon. Good job on cycle max.

Yeah. So glad you got in for July. Yeah. I'm just mentally and physically spent. I'm off next week for vacation and I cannot wait. I need the break. I hate it when I get this way. Oh well. I think it's just my body telling me its ready for vacation.

Hi girls! It's 5:00 and I haven't done a thing! My mom came over so I took her to lunch and we walked a couple of nearby supermkts.
I did manage BB LB before she came over. My legs were a-quivering, shaking like crazy!
I just looked again at the weather for Quebec City. It looks bad, esp Friday, where rain, wind, thunder is expected.:confused: What the heck??? It's too late to cancel. We had until 48 hrs before to cancel. We need to just bring raingear!:-/

Colleen, you poor thing. Get lots of rest. A vacation would do you a world of good. It's so hard to work full-time, have young kids, manage a household, etc. Hang in there. A few more days before vacation. When do you go to the shore? That would be soooo relaxing and peaceful.
Way to go on MRT and doms!

Carolyn, you have rain?? I want rain so badly. At home, that is.
Way to go on CM!

Missy, sorry that rain kept you guys from biking. You'll have plenty of time though. Your summer season is way longer than ours.

Marie, how is the float pool going? Maybe today was your first day?

Jean, where are you??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.