STS first time!

Hello again....

Mary...so glad you are enjoying rowing.....

as for me doing group classes....I enjoyed the bootcamp...but will not be signing up for the 7 week classes....it is just too far from home so early in the morning....I had to drive 30 minutes there, then 30 min home to shower and do animal chores, then 30 min back to town for work, and then 30 minutes home at end of day....just too much driving...and yesterday...my husband was going to work in the early hours and hit a deer....just a reality check...that I live in the woods...and yes its dangerous in the dark or early morning hours....Tim is fine...and it was his work truck, which is being repaired...but hitting a deer in a car...normally is bad...I hear alot about them going through windsheilds and such....not something I want to experience....so...I will run/walk with my few friends that exercise...and stick with Cathe, Zuzka, and Leah for my workouts....;)

The weather outside is getting dark....we have had nasty thunderstorms everyday this week....several days...it was raining so hard you cant see...I hope they come and pass before 5!

Carolyn...your correct on the TGIF....I was struggling getting through this week...and I have been having the nasty brown spotting for several days, and today the floods are arriving...if you know what I mean...LOL...why do us girls have to go through it all....its not fair! :confused:

Colleen....not sre why I thought that...I guess cause I always picuted you very thin and beautiful...so I just assumed blounde....hehehe Hey, I was a bloundish red for over a year...and now back to red....sometimes I miss the light colored hair! LOL

Marie...I just want to say...your little man is getting so big! Hugs from your fellow Catheletes!

Okay..back at work and trying to finish up...but Im on the forum chatting...hehehe...better run...BBL!:p

Hi girls. Very rainy, windy here. Ridiculous.

Jean, I wasn't interested in Mr Selfridge but I may change my mind later.

Colleen, I did not picture you blonde.

Missy, your bikes look so neat and light.

Marie, way to go on your new job!

Mary, congrats on dds' 8th grade grad!

Carolyn, good job on keeping up with workouts with the kids home.

Keep up the posts!

Good morning!

I didn't know what I felt like doing this morning so I pulled out Athletica. That was a sweatfest and awesome ab workout.

Alternating between sun and clouds here, can't tell what the day will be like.

Carolyn, I agree, Cathe was super lean in the GS series and you can really see her muscles. Too funny about DD and shopping til her feet gave out!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Hi girls!!

I had a great day yesterday. I got a new bikini which I'm so excited about. I also got a new purse and a couple new bras. I also got the relay skort and another equator tank from athleta. I also found one dress for the wedding but I'm not 100% on it. I had to order my size so well see how I like it when it come it. The size they had it the store was one size to big. So well see. Didn't have time for a pedicure, but I hope to get one this week.

No workout yet today. Probably will not happen but well see.

Carolyn, I hear you on the sleeping. I've been struggling this week too and I don't like it one but. Totally zaps your energy. Did you get a workout in?

Betty, can't wait to hear about what you are doing.

Mary, good job on the workout. What kind is that. Don't think I've heard of that one.

Missy, hope you got through all your month end stuff.

Hi everyone!
We got back last evening. The drive is sooo long! I waved at you Carolyn and Mary as I passed southern NH and northern MA!
What was amazing was how few cars were on the road heading to the Canadian border and going into NE Vermont. For over a 100 miles, there were hardly any cars! Loved it! And we had THE most intense brief thunderstorms driving through Quebec!:confused:
On our last morning/aft, Saturday, we headed to Quebec's version of Niagara Falls, the Montmorency Falls, twice as high as NF, but much narrower. I, who is terrified of heights and water, walked across a suspension bridge over the falls! Then we drove to see the Basilique of Ste-Anne-de-Beaupre, a gorgeous stone Neo-Romanesque cathedral, where over 1M visit annually.
Friday was a very rainy day. We walked around our hotel area on Rue St Jean, where the shops and eateries are, the Upper Town. Mid-aft it poured, so the kids stayed in the hotel when my friend and I ventured out to get soups. In the evening the rain let up, so we walked the Lower Town of QC, which was gorgeous and charming.
We went to one cafe at least 6x. Croissants, macarons, desserts, soups, sandwiches.
LOVED my hotel! I didn't know but I picked one featured in both the guidebooks I borrowed.

Carolyn, DO get an eyemask. It makes a huge difference. The early summer light bothers me too. Makes me all anxious for some reason, thinking it's time to get up already.
I did see parts of that show you mentioned when it was aired the first time. I'm not crazy about their music, sorry.:eek: Disco is more my type.:D
What is an old home day celebration??

Colleen, you look amazing! Sooo fit! You rock, girl! I had not pictured you with long hair though, but you did say you like to tie it up in a ponytail.

Missy, that's scary that Tim hit a deer!:confused: Glad he's ok.

Jean, I hope dh's retirement started with a bang!

Mary, nice job with the rowing class! One day you will have time to join the Master's one. The kids will not need you as much.

Y'all rock those Athleta outfits! You deserve it!

Omg, I am DYING from this humidity. Have I ever mentioned that I hate summer??:eek:
I can't wait to get back to working out. I ate lots of white-floured waffles/crepes/pastries/croissants:confused:.

Omg Colleen! I love it! What a cute top!
Are you guys actually "going" on vacation?

Betty, it sounds like you were still able to enjoy your vacation! You amaze me with battling your fear of heights! Way to go!
My oldest brother lives in the northern part of VT. All farm land up there! He lives right off 89.

We spent the day out at the pool. We had fun making up obstacle courses of things you had to do in the pool. Then we played crochet. Fun family time.

No workout:eek:. I did good eating so far though.

I am thinking maybe HC tomorrow. My abs need some tightening.

Nice job on your eating :) Aww a day at the pool sounds great!

Work for me today. I can actually say I love my job, just love it. I never really minded it before but now it's even better :)

You need to definitely get an eye mask. It will work so well. When I worked nights right after I graduated from nursing it was a necessity.

Betty- Sounds like you had a great trip :)

Mary- Way to go on your workouts. Got to love when your work your abs!

Athletic Step for me today. Yesterday my mom and I did Pyramid HiiT!

Missy-

Glad Tim is ok. That is so scary hitting a deer :/

Love the bikes. What a fun activity for you two do to together.

Off to bed for me. Goal is to get up and do Circuit Blast before work at 7. It's my Friday :) Well for a one day weekend. Work Wed and then off for the 4th.

Keep up the great job on the workouts everyone!

Good morning....it has rained on and off all weekend....amd ita raining again....tims bday is today....he is 32!

We rode our bikes saturday and sunday....yesterday we dis 5 miles of massive hills...so much fun! I just love it!

I was so busy this wrekend...i never got to check in.....i diy morning cardio along with the bike rides....a zuzka wprkout saturday evening and cathe ab circuits last night.

Excited as thursday is a holiday....which means...we have the day off!!! Yeah!!!

Be back later....gotta go shower!!!?
Btw....coleen...cute bikini!

Good morning, girls! So tired! It is just like a school day since ds left at the same time as usual. This morning he starts a 2-week half-day camp. I'll get him at 12 and dh is dropping him off now, for which I'm so grateful.

Carolyn, have you and anyone else not on Facebook tried this to see Cathe's fan page? Looks like you don't need to be a member. It works for me. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cathe-Friedrich/49839277161

I am wilting from the muggies. Still have the a/c on in one part of the house but I still feel warm. Constantly overheating. Jean, can you tell me what to expect from these menopause symptoms? I'm not fully there yet but the warm flashes are ON.

Marie, way to go selecting a job you love!

Not sure what workout to do today.

How do y'all stand the mosquitoes??:confused:

Missy, that's so awesome you guys rode your bikes this weekend! I could picture the two of you. It's way too hot for me to ride.;)

Jean, did you ever read any Sophie Kinsella books? I've the latest, Wedding Night. Just started it, so I don't know how good it is.

Carolyn, is your VT brother the one who went to Cornell? (Maybe you only have one bro?) What does he do for a living in VT? Is he a farmer? I kind of like the idea of being far away from the city crowds but would miss all the urban conveniences, and would die from all that snow and cold.

All right, I'm all changed to exercise. Better go do one!

I just finished TTM. Definitely bad for the ole knees. Drenched and sticky now. So gross.

Mary, what workout is Athletica?

Missy, happy birthday to Tim!

Carolyn, you poor sleepless soul! Do you have some eye masks from airlines you can use? Remember when they used to give them out? Omg, I just remembered that you never used to fly! Go to TJM/M to get one.
Do you have a notebook bedside to take notes of all the to-do things that pop up in the middle of the night? That would ease your mind. Try a calcium supplement before bed.
Nap when you can. It is rejuvenating.

I missed my Superfoods Oatmeal while away so I'm eating it now.

July already!

Last edited:
Good God....I just read my post from earlier...and OMG...the typos....I am so sorry...I was on my phone...and on the treadmill at the same time....hehehe :)

As for the heat.....you deal with it...I tend to get angry....but...what am I going to do? I cant change it...but I can say I hate the cold worse....I know, Im crazy! LOL :confused:

When we got back from the bike rides, it was so hot, we were drenched, we both had to come directly inside and shower....gross! I like getting sweating from my workouts in the ac...but sweaty from outside...yuck!

Mosquittos....they come and go....I dont like them either...

Today has been absolutely crazy....the phones will not stop....everyone thinking we will be closed the 4th...so they need to get in before! People are just too much!

be back!:p;):D:rolleyes::cool::eek:

Eeek, we just had a tornado warning here! I called home and told the girls to go into the basement. Luckily the storm has weakened. We're not prepared for tornados here!

Now it is just pouring, I hope to make it home without hitting floods in the streets.

Also, Atletica is a circuit workout by Ilaria, it always makes me sweat. It is a nice change from Cathe. She is crazy muscular, I could never build muscles like that.

Betty, glad you enjoyed your vacation in spite of the weather. I usually love summer, but I hate the humidity, I don't remember it being this bad so early in the summer and for such a long stretch.

Marie, we can tell how much you love your job by the way you write about it. That's great.

Missy, glad you and Tim are enjoying the bikes.

Carolyn, what is going on with your sleep? It seems worse than usual for you. Are you stressing about anything? How about trying some yoga before bed?

Colleen, love your new bathing suit. I am chicken to order one online, they seem so unforgiving.

Mary....I hope the bad weather passes.....and drive safe in the rain. We have had rain everyday for a week....we have had enough. This weather is for sure strange! We also have rain forcasted everyday this week. :mad:

I hope it drys out some....I washed and hand wazed my car 2 weekends ago...It is dirty again, but with all this nasty weather...I am waiting to wash it again till it passes....;)

I would never buy a bathing suit online either....they all fit different, and its not a piece of clothing that hids anything....it shows it ALL....LOL :cool:

Be back later....

Oh....I have been wearing my knee brace while running and doing floor work, basically with all exercise except biking. It seems to help me. My chiro recommended I try it....so I ordered a new sleeve for my knee...it should be here today or tomorrow....it is one that pulls on vs wraps.....that way its more comfy while bending the knee. He did say if it prevents me from being in pain after...why not...he also said as hard as I exercise, I need to "definately" wear it when doing 5k's!

Oh...I registered for a 5k walk in October, and a 6K run in September!!! Yeah....race season is coming!!!! And we all know how much I love them!!!!:p (better take care of my knee so I can participate) LOL

Hi Girls. Happy July. Not much happening here. Just last minute things. I had signed on with a company to refinish my hardwood floors and I have been waiting to hear from them. I called, emailed , and left phone msgs all last week and never heard from them. Today my husband and I drove to the place and it was all dark and closed. I suspect they have gone out of business even though the store was full of stuff . Luckily they haven't cashed my deposit check so I stopped payment on it today and found another company. What a pain in the butt. Tomorrow we are going to the lawyer's office so he can look over our Trust and make sure it conforms to Delaware plus I want to change some beneficiaries. The realtor is coming on Wednesday to look at the house and get the paperwork ready to list. So I have just been busy with my move.

Betty I read one book by Sophie and really liked it . Let me know how you like the one you are reading. I have had no menopause symptoms so I can't help you with that. I don't think I have had a period in 10 years and no menopause symptoms. Lucky me. I really enjoyed season 1 of Mr Selfridge. The clothes weren't as exciting as in Downton but I enjoyed the story. Season 2 is in 2014. It sounds like you had a nice trip to Canada. I can't believe you walked over the water. I would have never done that.

Carolyn I have The Call on my Netflix list. I just discontinued my acct with them so hopefully I can see it when we get Fios. Sorry you are not sleeping well. Dr. Oz says to drink Cherry juice before bed. I think if you did all these suggestions we all gave you , you might get some sleep. :rolleyes: Hopefully you will be so busy with the kids this summer that you will get some sleep.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.