STS first time!

As for the bootcamp.....I am being very careful...the most high impact was the running....and I was careful.... as for the others...its challenging, but you go to your max within the time....its very motivating, but relaxed....its nice! The reason I went is I am always alone....working out...and its nice to have people around sometimes! :)

I know exactly what you mean! I wish I could have a workout buddy too! Just like with card-making or arts & crafts.

Good morning! Should be no humidity today. It was sooooo gross during the downpours and after yesterday! The sun is out already. Waiting for the air to dry it out.
Omg, this morning should be the last day of the workmen. My house is filthy! And in chaos! They're supposed to come by 9, so can I squeeze in something first? I think I need to do legs. I saw my legs in the mirror yesterday and I was not pleased with what I saw:mad::mad:. Channeling Carolyn!
Must do food shopping, and have chorus concert tonight.

Good morning!

Betty, your schedule sounds just like mine! We are also supposed to have our bedroom painted (stripping wallpaper too), and the painters are waiting for rainy weather. Well we need to know if we have to pack up our bedroom and where we will sleep. I want the work done (we have lived here almost 20 years and never redid our bedroom), but I am not looking forward to the upheaval.

As for DH and country line dancing, he went along with it but spent most of his time in the bar watching the bruins. That was ok though because anyone could go out and dance at any time, didn't have to be with anyone.

Missy, boot camp sounds like a great workout! I always liked attending the group classes when I belonged to the gym, the other people motivated me.

And rowing was great last night. It seems like it rains every Tues&Thurs, but it stopped on time so we went out in the big boat. He had us do drills on the water, and there wasn't as strong a current as last time, so I felt like I could get the right movements. Then we rowed all the way back in a straight shot. I was pretty tired by the end but felt good. He said on Thurs we can go out in a regular crew boat!

Betty, I've seen you mention card making before, is that a hobby? Do you do scap booking as well? I am not very creative with those sorts of things, but admire others who are!

Good morning ladies!!

Sorry I was Mia yesterday. I had my endoscopy yesterday. All went well other than them taking 3 tries before they could get the iv in. I was just tired and hungry afterwards. My appt want until 12 so by the time I got home it was almost 24 hours since i had eaten last.

Today was a recovery workout from BB.

Carolyn, so cute with the graduation. Glad it went well. Frustrating that you all couldn't sit together.

Missy, the boot camp sounded neat. Take it at your own pace.

Mary, glad you are enjoying the rowing. I always have great intentions to be creative and do scrap booking but it never happens.

Betty, how are you feeling with all the yoga? I'm feeling so stiff. I really need to get in some yoga this week. I find the piano relaxing too. DD always complains when she has to practice but she is so talented an its amazing the sounds that come out of those little fingers.

Hope everyone has a great day. BBL.

Quick check-in before I have to give report to the evening nurses.

Went for a walk on my lunch break and planning on going for another one when I get off work. Plan is to get a salad at Subway and then head to the park. B is addicted to playing in the sand lately :)

Colleen, I hope you are all right. Is an endoscopy a big procedure?
That's a very long time to go without eating!
I was feeling a stiff neck column after UY Cardio, and also had some normal shoulder doms, but I do feel great after yoga. Do get some Travis in to stretch yourself out.

Carolyn, where are you?? You've been too silent.

Mary, I know I couldn't live with the upheaval of painting a bedroom; and with such short notice. In particular, the displaced items displace other things around the home. And I hate the work of moving everything!
You should have great weather for Thurs evening's rowing! You're learning quite a bit already.
I suppose you could call card-making a hobby of sorts; I've been doing it for about 6 or 7 yrs. It was more in the forefront when all the kids and their cousins were younger. Now I don't make that many bday cards but for my kids, and youngest nieces and nephews (<10 yrs old). I make special occasion ones though--the last few yrs there have been lots of hs graduations, and a few college ones too. The problem is that it takes me soooo long to make one card. Hours and hours. They come out looking good, but I have no ideas going in how the design will be. I am not creative either, but maybe because I'm anal, my product comes out looking decent.:D
I don't scrap but my sil does, and boy, is her stuff incredible! She made a hs book for dh's nephew who graduated last week, and wow, was it gorgeous! I often wish my CA sis or even my sil were a little closer so we can do these things together.

Jean, I watched Playing for Keeps already. It was ok. I couldn't figure out why they made Jessica Biel so drab and spinsterish-looking during the movie. If you like Gerard Butler, Mavericks was a good movie.
I have the last Twilight one and Guilt Trip to watch this week. Last night was Stand Up Guys. The actors were so old and the movie slow!

Omg, the plumbers just left after 2:30! My house is filthy! It's too late to wash the floors since I have to get on here to post;) and then cook before heading to concert! I need to do laundry that's been piling up, sheets, towels! Oh well, starting tomorrow! Never made it to the market either.

Today I pulled out Legs. After the warmup I had a *why am I not doing BB LB* moment and was just about to eject when I thought, heck, I'll continue with Cathe.
The carpeting was so grossly humid when I did it, but now the house is nicely dried out with the gorgeous breezes blowing through.
I did a couple of short walks yesterday, but no spin.

hola
I have been busy with teacher gifts and last minute school parties. Ds is having an icecream making party. Wow is the stuff expensive! It all adds up!
I got in my walk and chest back and shoulders from xtrain. That is my fave!

Missy, how sweet of dh to get you flowers. He must know how stressed you are at work. That is loads of paperwork. good luck with that.

Mary, the rowing sounds so darn fun!! I wanna do it!(said in my whiney voice!) I think it is wonderful that you are making time for an activity for just YOU!!!

Betty, what leg tape did you do? I am obsessed with Leaner Legs. Do you have it? It is killer! I can still feel my inner thighs from yesterday. I love that!

Jean, I am sure you haven't put on 10 lbs! and even if you did, you will melt that off in no time once you are moved into your new w/o space. YOu are going to want to be in there all the time!

Marei, good for you for getting your walks in!

k. gotta get making supper.
ttyl
school ends tomorrow. We have a talent show and the icecream party. after that I will be back on the forum like a psycho!

Carolyn, I suddenly realized during the concert that I never said that I did XT Legs. I love this style of working my legs, not the plyo type.:confused: I didn't have time for barre.
I don't have Lean Legs. Is that from CrossTrain? I don't want anything old! The clothing and hairstyles kill me!
School ends tomorrow?? How come so soon? DId you start before Labor Day?
Hope you sleep well.

Jean, I'm sure you didn't put on 10 lbs. You haven't formally exercised but you have been a cleaning and painting maniac.:eek: Your muscle memory will return in no time.

The concert was the most fun I've seen all 3 yrs. The kids did their usual 6th & 7th/8th grade singing, but what was new to me were all these solos and small group performances at the end! The kids were great (not in the American Idol sense). Their voices weren't perfectly tuned but they all had so much confidence. I'm just amazed at how self-aware some of these kids are. Ds walks around with so much angst and awkwardness.:confused:

Good night, friends.

How on earth do I post a pic with my tablet?? Was trying to figure it out this afternoon, and can't for the life of me! Tried on the computer too.:confused:

Out for my morning walk. I got to work a little early so I'm just walking and sipping my coffee.

It's my last shift on a geriatric psych unit today and then I switch to float pool. I'm kind of sad cuz I'm going to miss all my coworkers but I'm super excited to get more experience!

Have a good day everyone :)

How on earth do I post a pic with my tablet?? Was trying to figure it out this afternoon, and can't for the life of me! Tried on the computer too.:confused:

I have an iPad so I'm not sure if it's the same thing. I go to post reply, then advanced, and then pick the picture from my camera roll. Hope you get it figured out. What are you going to post a picture of?

Hi Marie! Good luck on your last day, and in the float pool! Congrats!
I'm trying to post a pic or two of my handmade cards. Here goes....

Attachments

• image-29798818.jpg
    image-29798818.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 9
  • image-1462062327.jpg
    image-1462062327.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 9
Good morning ladies!!

Marie, good luck today.

Betty, love the cards!! They turned out great. When is the last day of school for DS? The endoscopy is a short procedure. It's when they go down your throat to look into your stomach. Similar to a colonoscopy expect don't have to do any prep and The scope goes down the throat. It's just routine with celiac. My stomach is heeled. So that's good news.

Carolyn, good luck today. Where is the ice cream social? Is that at school?

Jean, don't worry. It's probably muscle from all that painting!!!

Today I did UY cardio. Been craving yoga and I wanted some cardio as well. It sure did hit the spot. My body feels good this morning.

Going to be a beautiful day here. Bbl.

Thanks, Colleen and Carolyn!

Colleen, that's great news that your stomach is healed! Keep up your diet; it seems to be working well for you.
Ds goes until the 26th, even though graduation is tomorrow. It's going to be hot next week when they go to Canobie Lake (amusement park in NH) and a Boston courthouse!

Carolyn, once Marie said what to do, it was so easy to post the pics. Try it.
I teared up many times during the recital and chorus concert too. Wait till tomorrow, graduation from middle school. Sniff, sniff, waaaaah!
I agree about being restricted to a small window of time; I operate better that way. I've done 2 loads of laundry, food-shopped at 3 places, am eating my lunch, and will wash the floors shortly. Need to watch the vampire movie too;).
Dd can do the hula hoop? So awesome!
Congrats to ds for finishing elementary school!

What grade does you middle school go to? Ours is 8th grade.

Canobie! That is a half hr from here! Dh and I used to go all the time as teens. My kids havebeen once! We arent big into rides.

Wow yo can get a lot done in a small amount of time! I don't think I will have time for the food store. I got wrapped up in cleaning! Now I am eating my salad with a can of tuna. Craving sweets! Cakey sweets!:eek:

OUrs goes to 8th grade. I am not into rides either. In fact, we rarely take our kids to such places. Roller coasters scare the life out of me. I hope it's a bit cooler in NH for the poor kids baking in the sun.
I didn't buy too much at those markets, that's probably why.
I just had a moussey-like dessert. And I bought a berry pie from Whole Foods.:confused: If I didn't have it at home.....

You're so funny. I think the same exact thought process about a celebration and having people over!:p
Omg, I loooove Oreos! I have to stop myself from eating one, because once I get the taste, forget it!:eek:
I will probably dress ds in water-friendly clothes that'll dry easily. I just hate that they'll be in the open sun all day!:confused: This week would have been great to go.
I don't think I've been to Canobie Lake as an adult!

Last edited:
Betty, I love the cards!

Colleen, I'm glad all went well with the endoscopy, it sounds uncomfortable.

We have school til the 28th! 8th grade graduation is the last day. Betty, my girls are going to Canobie Lake one day next week too, I think it's Wed. or Thurs. The other day they go to Wingaersheek Beach. Do you Moms get graduation gifts for your kids? I think I have in the past but it feels kind of silly. Some parents go all out, but I was just thinking of bracelets.

I don't go on rides any more either, makes me feel sick and woozy. Must be age!

I'm looking forward to rowing tonight, and it isn't raining for a change!

I know what you girls mean about grad gifts. We don't do anything special since, as dh puts it, everyday is Christmas here--whatever they want/need, we get.
Having said that, ds's iPod Touch is super old; I was wondering if he wants a new electronic device to occupy his face this summer beside the computer screen. Anyone have the iPad Mini?
We finally gave ds a cellphone when he started 6th grade cross country.

Mary, I've never heard of that beach, but I looked it up. Seems gorgeous.
I hope you had a nice evening row.

Carolyn, our schools stopped giving out next year's class/teacher assignments at the end of school many, many yrs ago, due to those parents who had all summer to complain why his/her kid isn't with this/that teacher/friend.:mad: Now we have to wait till mid- to late-August:mad:. Despicable.

Jean, wassup?

Missy, how's the mountain of paperwork? Hang in there. One printout at a time. It's so sad the paperwork that sick or elderly people have to go through. You are an indispensable facilitator.

Won't be able to exercise in am before graduation. I will shower and get all dolled up, only to come home and work out and get all sweaty. Shall I continue with UY, Strength? I hope this one doesn't mean pushups and balancing on your armpits or such impossible poses.:confused:

G'night, friends.

Good morning....sorry I didnt check in yesterday....I was on a misson....bootcamp at 5:30 am....which was awesome.....that was last class....now there is a 2 week break...and then it starts again for 7 weeks....then...work...well the paperwork continues for these chart reviews....I have used an entire case of paper....yes...case....its aweful! And Im not done yet.....today....i have bo time to mess with it...gotta get some money/insurance payments posted....I am so far behind....eek!

Last noght...Tim and I went to mexican for dinner...oh so yummy....that was my cheat meal....i am trying to be good...ad i have not lost any of my gain...damn it!!! But not giving up....gonna try to have nutrition spot on this week and see what happens...

Will catch up on posts tonight....looking forward to the weekend
..ad i am sleepy!!!

Bbl...have nice friday!

Happy Friday Girls. It is the most lovely day today. Maybe I will sit out and read today.
We went to Delaware yesterday. When we got to our community I felt like I was home. We went to the community center and checked out the exercise room. They have gym quality stuff: 2 ellipticals, 1 treadmill, 1 incumbent bike, and 3 weight machine things that do different things. Everything has a t.v. attached to it. I can't wait to use that stuff. We saw one lady walking and 2 ladies riding bikes. So I know I won't be staying inside like I do now. I told my husband I feel like I am merely existing now. So after I move I hope to have lots of activities to report. The house is beautiful. The decorator met us there with a man. He measured all the windows and her and I picked out the material for the shades. The paint colors are magnificent. I wish someone could tell me how to post a picture. I have all my pics loaded on my laptop but I have no clue how to post. I went to reply and then advanced but then I was lost. :confused: I have some great pics. I would even put them in a public folder if someone can tell me how to do it. The driveway and sidewalk is in. They require you have 2 trees in the front yard. I don't like trees in my yard so I told her I would like 2 red crepe myrtals. So that is what we are getting. We had 2 blonde shirtless guys digging the well but they don't come with the house. :( The well is only used for watering the lawn and wahing cars. The house comes with a sprinkler system and they do expect you to use it so we paid extra for a well. The paint colors are gorgeous. My exercise room is swimming pool blue. When I saw it , I just wanted to exercise. I read that blue gives you energy. My chandeliers are up minus the crystals. I will put those on myself. Well if anyway can help me post pictures , I will let you see it all. The builder is pushing for the end of July. I think the hardwood floors go in next week. Everything is hardwood except the bathrooms and laundry room.

Carolyn Do you feel LL is helping your inner thighs? I know that is your trouble spot. Where are you going on vacation?

Betty I forget what you said the plumbers are doing. I hope you got that mess cleaned up. I hate the filth from construction work. I loved your cards. You are very creative. I like how you used the word "congrads". That was cute. They look like they were time consuming. I would have to look on the internet to get card ideas.

Colleen I am glad to hear your stomach is healed. My sister is having some personal rear end problems. I won't give TMI here. Anyway they can't figure out what her problem so the Dr has her on gluten free and lactose free to see if that helps her.

Jean

I just got back from graduation. It was sooo hot in the gymnasium because it was filled to the brim with people. Just think of all that hot air!
I'm such a moron! I went to turn on my camera to take a pic of ds, and as it is not powering up, suddenly realized I didn't put the battery back in after charging!:confused: Good thing I was able to fumble and use dh's phone. I've been such a basket case these last couple of wks. I'm having warm flashes, my eyes are going even more, my brain is fried and forgetful, etc, etc:confused:.

Idk what workout to do. I don't feel like getting all sweaty! But I must, I guess.

Jean, your house sounds so unspeakably gorgeous! Just reading your descriptions get me all excited. I have been a sucker for homes, new construction, renovations, home decor, you name it, for decades. Unfortunately, dh doesn't see it the same way.
It will be an adjustment to live in a 'community'. Is it for 55 and older, or are there all ages?

Carolyn, the first 3 days of next week are expected to be 90 here. Major dread. I hope it's cooler up at Canobie. That sounds like a big shift in weather then.

Bbl.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.