STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Happy Thursday ladies!

My workouts this week were as follows:
Tues- Athletic Step (LOVE, LOVE)
Wed- Plyo Legs (DOMS today yupee!!)
Today- TTM (no compound legs). I upped my step height for the Step Tabata, going from 8inch-10inch :eek:.

I have a new rotation set up to start next week. The one that I'm almost done with has given me some visible results. I have a little more UB definition, especially in my shoulder's. My Lower body looks slightly leaner too, with more muscle, which means I truly need to do legs 2X/week to maintain results for my body-type. I have a baby shower this Sunday and was trying on a pencil skirt I have not worn in some time. It was loose!

Here is my new rotation:

Day 1- Turbo Barre (in it's entirety)
Day 2- cardio (hiit, intervals, tabata)
Day 3- STS Legs M1 W4
Day 4- cardio (steady state)
Day 5- 4DS UB premix
Day 6- Yoga + abs
Day 7- Rest

Justina

YAY you are on Meso 3!!! I wish I could talk to you about it, but as you know I had to unfortunately leave it behind :(. Plyo Legs is INCREDIBLE! You will see, once you get to 2nd week or perhaps 3rd week, it will become a bit easier. I love the leg workouts in STS so much that I always find a way to add them to my rotation :D.
Yes, lifting heavy is key for M3. Nancy and Gina will tell you that from experience. I only did one week, and I could already tell I had to make serious adjustments to my weight selections. You can go pretty heavy with only 6-8 reps.
You want enabling??!! Sure, I can suggest a few for ya! :eek:;). Do you want an entire series, or just a few DVD's? Strength, cardio or both? Tell me what you have and what you want first.

Nancy
I'm bad at inhaling my food :eek:. I feel like a hungry food monster all the time! I wish they had a Cookie Monster smiley thingy :p.
Please post your new rotation please! I love seeing what wonderful workouts you've put together. I think you should start posting your rotation in the Rotation Forum section. I bet so many people would try them!

Have a great day ladies!

Hi there!
Happy Friday to ya.

Hi Natasha,
Yes, I would love recommendations. Saving money for X Train so I would like to buy individual DVDs for now. I love weight lifting more than anything. I enjoy Cathe's kickboxing too. Not crazy about step aerobics though. I also like Hiit. Anything less than one hour will be great! :D The shorter the better. I would incorporate both weight training and cardio into a rotation. No problem giving high intensity. Time is always a challenge for me as you know. :)
Congrats on the pencil skirt! I have two that are kind of snug right now. I have to wear petites because I'm only 5'2. I was able to fit into them after I did P90X. Now it's not so comfortable.:(
I'm looking at your new rotation, what's Turbo Barr and Tabata? I've heard you ladies talk about these often. Are these workouts in different DVDs? So happy that you are seeing visible upperbody results. I want to see the same. Is the way to achieve it by lifting heavier? I agree. I feel like I should lift very heavy since I'm only doing 8 reps.
What do you think about yoga? I tried it but never liked it. I can do for 20 minutes or so but that's about it. Ha!

Nancy, Gina, hope you are having a good day.

Have a good weekend ladies!

Justina

WAHOO!!! It's Friday AND the SUN IS HERE!!!!! :cool:

First, I have to comment on Natasha's, "upped my step height for the Step Tabata, going from 8inch-10inch"....and you think I'm hard core???? WOWZA!!!:eek: How did that work out for those box jumps??? You have my utmost respect ;)! That just fires me up girl!!!! Don't know if I have the guts to try that one :eek:!

Justina, Squat Rack is an additional DVD that goes with STS. It is pretty tough to lift 90% of your 1RM for squats up over your head. If you have a squat rack you can load your barbell up and do squats with a heavier weight...if not, you can use a weighted vest (like Natasha and I do) so that you can have less on the bar. I did both Squat Rack and Plyo Legs in the same week just to make sure I hit my legs hard :p! I looked at Plyo Legs as one of my cardio days.

Gina, where are you? Hope you're not injured :confused:?

So last night I did the upper body stuff as scheduled except I didn't use my door bands. Instead I used my green band and did T's, Y's, and bow & arrows between the High Reps bicep/shoulder exercises. I was really feeling the failure (in a good way! :p) with the bi's and shoulders...struggled to get through the the last reps and I wasn't using very heavy weight! The chest and tricep work was just as challenging. For some reason, my chest and triceps spasm and shake like crazy with Gym Styles (hint-hint Natasha!!!). Maybe it's the pre-exhaustion with all those push-ups at the beginning (which I still end up doing on my knees after the first set of 16 :(:eek:)....? I'm going to go on a mission with those push-ups! And then I'll tackle pull-ups!!!:D
Tonight is Afterburn! I really want to give it my all! This past week I've been feeling pudgy and think it may be due to my discovery of Lara Bars! I've been eating one everyday in the afternoon with a cup of tea. I just noticed that they're about 220 calories!!!!:eek: And I've been eating raisins at night on my yogurt (another extra 130 calories!!!)...time to rein that in! Those can really derail my efforts! I guess it's good I decided to read the labels, ey? (Natasha, can you tell I've got some Canadian influences in me? My Mom was born in Winsdor, Ontario; her family lived in Hamilton ;)).
Tomorrow I'll be breaking out Butts & Guts and going for a long walk in the sunshine! Hope everyone stays active and happy this weekend!

Hello Ladies!!!

How are you all? I am back! Wow, I have REALLY gotten off track with STS since vacation. Those 2 weeks were a GREAT break from real life but with the school year starting up the week after and trying to do catch up at work - it has been crazy I tell ya!

I kept moving while on vacation and have been doing random workouts since I got back but BOY I miss the structure. I was SO happy to see you ladies still chatting in this thread. I haven't gotten the chance to read everything though - but I will (and I can't wait).

So, I think what I may do is start STS all over again (from M1). It seems silly to pickup with M3 -:p. I have no plans for any extended trips so there should be no interruptions this time. It's unbelievable how much I miss it (but that's a good thing!).

I hope everybody is doing well!!! So good to be back. :D

Happy Saturday :)

Yesterday I went shopping for a new dress for my cousin's wedding next Saturday (Bella will be the flower girl ). This Sunday is a baby shower sans child :D. I had the option to bring her, and I was like NO WAY! Let me have my food and alcoholic beverages in peace please ;). I have some pretty busy weekends ahead.

Yesterday's w/o was The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga 50min. I cannot describe how much I love that workout! Last year I did it religiously 1-2x/week. It's amazingly well put together AND extremely challenging to boot. I still can't get past the last 10min segment without coming out of my plank pose and taking a break! It's a very humbling experience, even more so because some of the contestants/exercisers are on the bigger side but extremely fit! It's like they are not even breaking a sweat. I love it :).

Dawn
Glad to have you back!! If you skim through the previous posts, we were all wondering about ya :).
I hope the first week of school went went with the kids. I can imagine how difficult that must be. You super moms with 3 kids (you and Justina) amaze me!
Did you preorder Xtrain?

Nancy
Thank you for the compliment :eek:. To be fair though, I've been doing hiit 40/20 and other crazy w/o's that requires me to utilize the step at 10-12inch, for 1yr+ now. It's not like I just magically became conditioned for it. It took loads of practice! I can do box jumps easy on a 12inch :D. I don't find myself that remarkable. YOU CAN DO IT TOO! Of course, if that's a goal of yours. Some people are ok with the lower step heights, and that's ok too. I just see Cathe, 15yrs older than me, the same height at 5'1 or 5'2, and she can do it. SO of course I'm gonna strive to do it too!
Pudgy?? Oh please, I'm sure you look wonderful! I don't think a 220cal snack in the afternoon is too much :confused:. Mine is around 300 to hold me over until dinner.
That's so cool about your Canadian mom and her family being from here! We do say "ey" a lot actually :eek:. Some of the stereotypes about us are true. Have you ever been to those cities?

Justina
Turbo Barre is part of the Low Impact Series. Check it out on the video clips! Tabata is a type of cardio on To The Max and Crossfire; 20 sec work, 10 sec rest, for 4min total.

-if you like hiit, all Cathe's 3pk Shock Cardio Hiit's are excellent.
-High Reps gets 2 very big thumbs up from me!!
-Intensity is one of my fav's! The premixes are fabulous! The step routine is not that complex, and you get 2 great little hiit workouts + 15min bootcamp. I love it!
-STS Total Body is good, I just feel it is lacking in the tricep and bicep department. Also SO MANY deadlifts! I sub w/squats instead.
-Low Impact Series Total Body Tri-Sets is excellent! You get a lower and upper body split. Minimal equipment too.
-Shock Cardio MMA Boxing or Fusion (if you like kickboxing).

All the ones I suggested are time-friendly with lots of premixes too!

Gotta get a groove on ladies! Have a good one!

-

Last edited:
Thanks Natasha for the recommendations. I will definitely look into these. :D
The MMA Boxing or Fusion sounds pretty cool. By the way, the other night I did some pushups while I watched my favorite show; I can actually do them on my toes without struggling much. :) I do 8 at a time but still, I was not able to do them on my toes months ago!

Welcome back Dawn! Glad you enjoyed your vacation. I will be going on my vacation in a few weeks. I'm about to check my STS calendar to see what workouts I will miss. Hopefull it's recovery week while I'm gone. :D

Hi Nancy,
Don't have a squat rack at home; no room in the work out space for it. Will look into a weighted vest. I'm a bit scared to start plyo leg again. LOL. It was a butt-kicking good time though. Just to have to be mentally prepared for it.

Hi Gina,
Hope you are doing well.

Have a good day everyone!

Justina

Hello gals!

This weekend was a busy one for me! On Saturday I did the entire Step, Jump & Pump workout (70min) for some impending damage-control for Sunday's Baby Shower Food Feast :p:p. It was great, lots of yummy food :D.

Yesterday's w/o was STS M1 Legs W4 disc :eek:. Those leg conditioning drills on the stability have my crying like a little baby :eek:.

Today's w/o will be 4DS Upper Body premix. This week I will try and be very focused on my workouts and eating so I can look extra good for the upcoming wedding I have on Saturday ;).

Justina
Congrats on the push-ups off your toes!!! 8 is an incredible number!!
I really like Boxing & Fusion. I was thinking of trying the Heavy Bag bonus w/o on the MMA Boxing, but using my stability ball as a punching object and my weighted gloves. I'm not sure how I will do that, but it never hurts to try :D.
Don't be scared of Plyo Legs! You WILL improve, trust me!

Have a great day ladies!

Hi ladies,
How's everyone? So I'm back on FitnessPal logging my food intake. I have been slacking for weeks. It helps me keep track of what I eat. I do some mindless eating when I'm bored. :eek:
I'm noticing more definition on my arms. :) I read on bodybuilding.com that working on your triceps is just as important as biceps. It's a concept that never occured to me. My triceps are defintiely weaker than biceps, so I plan to train harder; lift heavier on the triceps.

Hi Natasha, I know all about damage control. My will power to good food is not great. I try to only have small portion though. I don't want to completely cut out my favorite things. One thing that I don't miss much is soda. I hardly have it anymore. The company that I work for offers free soda; unlimited. It's crazy how much people drink that stuff. It's the coca cola. I read that Coke can dissolve battery corrosion in your car. Did you know that? I can't imagine puting that stuff in my body all the time! :) I stick to water, green tea and my protein shake.

Hi Nancy, Gina, Dawn,
Hope you are having a good day.

Justina

FINISHED THE "NUT JOB" ROTATION!!!!​

I can't believe how fast those 6 weeks flew by! I can tell I'm ready for a break, though! What I notice most is that I seem smaller than when I finished STS, but more firm and leaner (not as "swollen" looking). I didn't drop any pounds, and I don't seem to have shed any inches, but somehow I look firmer and leaner. But the BIGGEST change I've noticed after doing STS and "The Nut Job" is my blood pressure and resting heart rate. I used to be your classic 120/70 to 125/80 with a heart rate of 78. Today I was 105/56 with a heart rate of 52!!!!!:eek: I attribute this to CF, TTM, AB, and AT. I was so pleased to see this concrete proof of my improved fitness. Sometimes we have to look on the inside for our results ;)! Tomorrow I'll weigh and measure, but there doesn't seem to be much change (not that I'm disappointed!). I haven't designed my next rotation yet, but it will have The Pyramids, and DEFINITELY my fave 4 cardios!
Today I had to go to our employee health facility for terrible ear pain (that's how I knew what my BP was!:p). I've been having bad headaches for about 2weeks and the ear thing flared up about a week ago. Turns out both inner ears are infected :(! Whenever I get exposed to bad colds/flu it seems to attack my ears. My sinuses are clear, chest is clear, but I have felt a little tired (thought it was the workouts kicking my butt!). So I got Z-packed! Anyway, I hope this clears up in a few days! My vacation starts tomorrow! I'll be visiting family for the first few days and then it's HIKING in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia!!!
Justina, I have to log my food intake too! I use Cathe's nutrition program. I am amazed at how those "little extras" can add up and derail my efforts! I noticed a major change in my metabolism in my 40s. I just can't eat the goodies anymore! I have a pretty clean diet and stay away from packaged stuff if possible (I love my Nature's Path Blueberry Cinnamon Cereal, though!). I drink water, tea, and Vintage seltzer water. I can't handle sodas at all...they taste terrible to me now! My weakness is popcorn. My DH makes a mean batch on the stove in healthy oil and we lightly salt it. Mmmmmmm! I'm trying to limit it to once a week, but sometimes I cave!:rolleyes:
Natasha, your comment about the leg drills made me laugh! I actually wimpered through the last half of Gym Styles Legs each time I did it! Do you have that one? OWIE!!!!! In answer to your question about whether I'd been to the cities in Canada: when I lived in Detroit my DH and I used to drive over the river to Windsor and take the train to Toronto every Thanksgiving (to avoid the whole family thing!). LOVE LOVE LOVE Toronto! I've visited Quebec and Montreal way back when I was 9; but other than that, I haven't spent enough time up there! My dream is to hike through the Canadian Rockies, and visit Vancouver, British Columbia, and Nova Scotia! My Mom & Dad did extensive traveling through those area and loved it!
Gina, where oh where are you????
Dawn, have you started STS again? I think it is wise to start back with M1...just think how prepared you'll be for it this time! Did you work out on your vacation at all? It is so hard to get back into it after a layoff! I'm taking a few DVDs and my sliders & bands with me on vacation. Between that and the hiking I hope to keep active!

Well, that's all for now ladies! I'll be checking in while on vay-cay! :cool:

Good morning!
Hope you are having a good day so far.

Gina, hope everything is fine with you. You haven't been checking in. :)

Hi Nancy,
Congrats on seeing the results (inside and out)! When I was lifiting high rep, low weight I got smaller and firmer. I was using Jari Love's DVDs. I'm going to look into Natasha's recommendations on expanding my collection for Cathe.
I'm finding it difficult to control my craving for certain things. I love twizzlers. It's just one of my many weaknesses when it comes to food. I noticed that as I get older (I'm 39), it's harder to maintain my shape. I'm sure it's beacuse I lack will power to control my eating habits. :) Once you stopped eating certain things for a while you will lose taste for it. It's just getting to that point is challenging. How is Cathe's nutrition program different than FitnessPal? I use it because it's free. By the way, I also noticed that my matabolism slowed down as I got older.

I still can't quite keep up with the crew on Plyo Legs. Wow, last night I thought I was going to die! :D I took it easy toward the end of the program. I did not use weight at all when I had to do the 180 degree turn thing on the other side.

My son is so cute. Every set I finish he comes to give me a five and a fist bump!

Have a good day everyone!

Justina

Hi ladies !

Gina
I hope you are doing ok. We've all been wondering about ya :).

Nancy
Ok, where do I start??? CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!! On both the internal (blood pressure) and external (hot, toned bod) changes! Also on finishing such a darn hard rotation and giving it your all :). You are a super star! Feel darn proud woman, you have accomplished a lot and some!

I'm sorry to hear about your ear infections :(. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Your Canadian connection is pretty cool. Glad you like Toronto. I was born and raised there. It is a wonderful city, but I'm kinda happy I don't live there anymore. It is just too busy for my liking at 3+ million people and growing. The housing is super expensive too! A 1,000 sq ft home in a nice area can set you back $500,000 or more!!! That's ok for a family of ONE :rolleyes:.
The East Coast looks very beautiful. I hope to travel there some day. I've been to Cuba 7 times and I have yet to travel my own country. It's very sad :(. In reality, it's very expensive to travel Canada by plane/train.

Justina
OK, first off, that 180 degree squat turn is just evil! I want to puke every time I do it :confused:. Why not just turn half way like Cathe does during hiit Pyramid? That one is more doable with a 3 or 5lbs weight.

I heard about the Coke corrosion thing. I've never been a pop or juice drinker. I actually have a hard time drinking anything! I force myself to drink water. It's a bad habit, I know :eek:.

Congrats on more arm definition! I have a hard time with tri's too. Thanks for the little tip :).

I feel the same way about food. Everything in moderation works best for me. TBH, I love food way too much to give up anything! That's like asking me to stop breathing -- I just can't, WON'T, do it! Good luck with tracking your eating though! That's a wonderful thing to do :).

Ok guys, have a great one!

Hi everyone!
Happy Thursday...we're almost there. :)

Hi Natasha,
Ha, I know. I was feeling a bit nauseous doing the 180 degree turn. Acutally, the entire Plyo Leg workout made me feel sick. LOL It's definitely a tough one for me.
I know I can have better results if my diet is cleaner. Yes, I agree. Moderation is key.

Speaking of Canada, my only experience is in Montreal. Where I went to college is very close (on the boarder) of Montreal. We used to drive there to hit the clubs and bars (those were my partying days). :D
I heard my boss (he's Canadian too) talking yesterday that people from Montreal are different compare to Tornoto or other cities in Canada. Do you agree with that statement? It's the same in the US too, each state has its own culture. I don't do much traveling here either. I hope to do more of that some day. It's difficult to do it with a full time job and a family of five. Maybe when the kids are grown. :D

Have a good day!

Justina

Hello everyone!

My workouts this past week were:

Monday- STS Legs W4 (HOLY DOMS!!!!!!)
Tues- MMA Boxing
Wed- 5 mile walk with Bella. No workouts. (I was SO sore from Boxing!)
Thurs- Imax2 :eek: (did that whole sucker without skipping a beat! Even the evil plie jacks :eek:)
Today- Turbo Barre later on
Tomorrow- Wedding :D DAY OFF

Justina
Montreal is very beautiful. I truly love visiting and have gone probably 5 or 6 times. I find the culture, people, landscape, food, to be more European. The downtown/waterfront area has very old buildings, cobblestone streets, violin players outside the restaurants at night. I feel as though I'm in France, not Canada. The people there cannot be compared to the ones in Toronto. You know that Toronto is mostly immigrants from all around the world right? Some of them are Canadian citizens, some of them not. I would say 80-90% of the people living in Toronto are not born in Canada, whereas in Quebec, most of them are French-Canadian born in Canada. Torontonians feel like they are the most important people in Canada :D. I can make this harsh judgement because I know first hand :D. The rest of the Canadian's from the other Provinces (comparable to "States" in the USA) have a love/hate relationship with Toronto. Ask anyone from the East Coast of Canada what they think of Toronto. They will laugh and probably say a few choice words :D.

Have a good one ladies!

Hello Ladies!
I've been VERY busy the past 4 days with traveling and Family Time! I've managed to get in some good workouts: Friday was DWP (super tough for some reason :confused:!); Saturday was Travel Fit (used the blue band as much as possible!); and today was Slide n Glide (really loved the conditioning part with the band!)...so I've had good variety and am having fun with workouts I haven't done in eons!:p
Today we got together with my family to celebrate my Aunt's 80th birthday (she's my 83 year old mother's baby sister). She's a very energetic vibrant lady that I really admire! It's been abut 23 years since I last saw her and she hasn't slowed down at all! Their 2 brothers joined the fun and it was a riot listening to the brother/sister banter between them! My brothers and sister and their spouses were there along with several of my nieces and nephews...a very special and rare gathering....LOTS of photos!
Tomorrow my DH and I will head back toward home and we plan on stopping at Shenandoah NP for a few days of hiking! I'll try to check in again!
PS I skipped the birthday cake....very proud of that!

Good morning everyone!
The weekend is always too short. I never feel well-rested on Monday morning.
Hi Natasha,
Ha, interesting about Torontonians. I love to learn about other countries. I think Atlanta has the same characteristic. Many people who live here are from other parts of US. My husband is an exception. He was born and raised in Georgia. When I first moved from New York to the south, it was truly a culture shock. It felt like when I moved from Taiwan to the U.S.
How do you like MMA boxing DVD? Is that the one with the sandbag? When I first learned about Cathe, this was the video that I thought was really cool. I just don't know where to get the standing sandbag. I would love to get a pair of pink boxing gloves and go at it! :D

Hi Nancy,
You have better well-power than I do. I went to my neice's birthday party on Saturday. I ate everything that was on the table! I also made cup cakes for my kids on Sunday and I had some of that too. :D This is why my middle can never stay slim. Last night I did DVD 30 (Biceps and Triceps). I lifted heavy and I'm pretty proud of myself. I had some assistance on the concentration curls though. I'd rather lift heavy than not feeling the weight.

Have a good day ladies!

Justina

Good morning ladies :)

This weekend was a very busy one. I attended my cousin's wedding on Saturday, and Bella was the flower girl. She was such a good girl :). I was super proud of her :). I'm not like Nancy though, of course I had a small piece of cake :D. I also had a few drinks including 2 glasses of wine, 1 martini, and champagne :eek:. I don't drink often, so you can imagine what that did to me ;).

Sunday I did Low Max first time :eek::eek:. Love it! My legs were absolutely burning by the end. Tough stuff :eek:. You know what, I was so dumb not to just buy the entire Hardcore Series bundle and save money :mad:. I love those workouts! Gym Style UB is next on my list :D.

Yesterday I did 4DS UB premix (60min). As far as heavy weight training goes, 4DS is THE BOMB! I think that workout may be absolutely perfect, and that's hard for me to say. My lats and chest are talking to me today :D.

Nancy
OMG brain freeze, what is DWP?
Great job on your workouts while away! You are awesome :cool:.
The get together sounded lovely. I love it when I see people in their 70's, 80's, and beyond, still enjoying and living their life. It makes me :).
I don't know how you skipped the cake, but kuddos! I follow the 80/20 rule, and Saturday was all my 20% bad :eek:.

Justina
How cool that you were born in Taiwan! Have you been back to visit?
I'm fascinated by other countries too. I could talk for hours about different worldly cultures, cuisine, religion, people, everything! For some reason, I am fascinated by Okinawa, Japan. Have you ever been there?
Yes, MMA Boxing has an added 20 minute Heavy Bag bonus. I would LOVE a bag and gloves! That will be my next huge fitness equipment purchase :D. Get the workout! I think it will be right up your alley.
Congrats on the M3 and lifting some heavy weights! Concentration curls are tough for me too :eek:.

Gina
I hope you are doing ok. Even of you're not working out, we would love to hear from you still!! Don't leave :(.

Dawn
Hope things have settled for you back home.

Good morning everyone!
Last night I worked out with a mirror in the room. I was kind of disappointed that I didn't notice the results that I wanted. I'm still only in M3. I do have to change my eating habits I think. I don't eat fast food but I sure love junk! I mean chips, sweets...you name it. I know in order to get the results that I want I have to eat clean. :( I'm already working hard. With M3 I'm lifting heavier. The only reason I can think of is my diet. Well, maybe sleep and stress play a big part too. I guess after the disney vacation I will feel refreshed. :D

Hi Natasha,
Your little girl is so precious. That dress looks familar to me. My girls were flower girls for my sister's wedding years ago. I think they had a similar white dress with brown sash. I have never been to Japan. I would love to travel to different countries when I get older. :D I have to make a list of things I want to do once the kids are grown. I have only been back to Taiwan once after I moved to US. I hear it has changed some. I still have family there; my mother and brother. It's definitely a very different culture as you can imagine. I went to school there until 5th grade. I can tell you just the education system alone is very, very different than US. Oh the stories I can tell of my experience there......pretty interesting.
I'm looking forward to starting a new Cathe DVD. Of course XTrain. The MMA is a must for me too. Looks like a lot of fun. Funny about the alcohol consumption.:D I can't remember the last time I had alcohol. If I do have it it would be a shot of tequila. I'm short on time, so I can't really sip on anything. LOL Plus, I have this Asian thing where my face turns beet red when I drink. I don't want the kids asking "what's wrong with mommy"? :D

Gina,
Hope you are doing okay. We've been asking about you here. Please return so we at least know you're fine.

Hi Dawn, Nancy,
Hope you are having a good week so far.

Talk to you soon!

Justina

Hello ladies :)

Yesterday I was at the hospital because I suspected Bella had a UTI. I knew from my own personal experiences with UTI's, the smell and look of her urine, the pain while urinating, that it most definitely was a UTI. She was super good at the hospital, which I was very happy about. She is getting better now and on antibiotics. Poor kid :(. No workout for me yesterday. I was pooped :(.

Tuesday my right knee was feeling a bit achy, so I opted for the joint friendly lower body workout TBT. I friggin' love it! I don't know about those of you with DVD's, but for downloads I have this add-on with back lunges as a separate file. I did that after the normal workout, along with static lunges. OMG my legs and butt were SCREAMING yesterday :eek:.

Justina
I'm so sorry you are disappointed with your results :(. Man, I wish I could give you more helpful advice. Yes, eating clean is a big equation, you're right. But really, who can eat that super clean 99% of the time? Especially with small children. That, coupled with a job, stress, and lack of sleep, could definitely stall your results. Don't be so hard on yourself though! I really don't know of many people who even exercise (with/without children). Think of it this way, you are setting a wonderful example for your children, and conditioning your heart and body. I might even go further and say everyone responds differently to certain exercise routines. STS is a trial right? Maybe your body will respond better to 2X upper body days (not split muscle groups). There is never a one-size-fits-all approach with health/fitness. When you have completed STS, try something else and see how it goes. No harm done right? Also, I heard people doing their 2nd, 3rd rotation of STS get better results. Don't get discouraged! The exercise world is your oyster :). I'm sure you look awesome ;).

Keep rockin' on ladies :cool:

Last edited:
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your little one Natasha. It's tough any time your child is not well. I can't remember how many times we hit the ER when my girls were young.
I know. Thanks for making me feel better. :)
When I loook in the mirror I just don't see the results I wanted. It's disappointing but I'll get over it. :D Tomorrow is another day.
Stress hormones play a big part of over-eating and eating mindlessly. Yes, I definitly see STS as a program to test what I can do. After this, I look forward to some of the DVDs you recommended. I plan to also step up on the cardio piece. I've been slacking for the last week or so. Also I am working out 5 days a week, so that's already an accomplishment, right? :D

Talk again soon!
Justina

Hi everyone!

I hope all you ladies are doing well. Gina, we are starting to worry about you! Please stop by here and tell us you are ok, even if by chance you stopped exercising (not that you did! But if that's the case, it's OK!!!!).

My workouts last week that I did not report were:

Wed - off
Thurs - Supreme 90-Day Cardio Challenge (like hiit 30/30 but using weights to get the HR up. Afterburn-ish feel. I really like it! No repetition, simple, minimal dread).
Fri - 4 mile walk
Sat - Turbo Barre (advanced from 5lbs to 6lbs for everything except tri's which I went from 3lbs to 4lbs)
Sun - Crossfire later on!!!

I was thinking of getting 1 or 2 workouts of the following for a planned rotation next month. Please let me know your thoughts on:

Maximum Intensity Strength
Push/Pull
SuperSets
Power Hour

Justina
I have been under so much stress too with Bella these past few months. I took my BP after the hospital incident, which I should not have, and got a reading of 129/76. I've never been that high in my life. My readings are usually 105-120ish.
I used to HATE cardio, but now I've accepted it :D. The key I think is to find the ones you actually like and do them. Walking is wonderful too. If I could only walk & bike and do no other form of cardio, I would :D.
5X/week working out is awesome!!! How you do that with a full-time job and 3 children is utterly amazing in my eyes!!!

Nancy, Dawn
Have a great day :)

Bye bye for now!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.