STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Well, here we go!!! Tonight I start M3 W3 90% 1RM!!!:eek:
I'm not as freaked out as I was with 85% last week; I think it's because it will only be 6 reps!
Gina: Thank you so much for the advice on the squat rack! I will definitely give it try on Friday! I'll make sure to have DH standing by just in case :eek:! (Did you happen to catch my post about my dad being stationed in Foggia during WWII? You had mentioned that your family was from there....)
Justina: I'm so happy that you are getting motivated by the ladies here! It really makes a difference to be able to share thoughts and generate new ideas! I thank Cathe everyday for this forum (and a fantastic website all around!).
Dawn: You give me the giggles with some of the stuff that you write! I noticed my arm jiggle yesterday afternoon when I was using my martini shaker to make a protein drink! I am surprised I still have some jiggle considering how sore my triceps have been! I just keep repeating "brick by brick".;)
Natasha: I can't wait to hear what you think of Squat Rack Legs! I think you'll like the simplicity of it. Are you going to reduce the rest periods in between sets? I'm interested to hear how Gina's Turbo Bar/Squat Rack works for you, too!
As far as Marlo goes, I bet it's tough to be the newbie in a Cathe video! The regular crew knows each other so well and move in unison really well. I can't imagine trying to keep up with the whole world watching you! I think Cathe likes to include a fresh face evey now and then and there was discussion back when she found Nancy and AB-manda :)D) that some ladies wanted more "regular-type" women to be in a Cathe video. Maybe Marlo is a hybrid; an advanced Cathlete, but a beginner to being "on" a video?

Other thoughts: I really love to hike in the woods with a light pack! It is so cleansing! Especially if there is water involved like a stream or waterfall. I am so lucky to live close beautiful parks that offer challenging hikes and gorgeous views!
Okay, it's taken me 2 hours to try to get this out (I'm at work and get interrupted a lot!) so I'd better send what I've got!

Ok, I had to come back and give my thoughts on Squat Rack. I hate to back out of a workout, and I rarely do, but that's what I did 20min in :(. Firstly, my lower back has been feeling a bit of strain these past few days. As soon as I put on my weighted vest, I could feel my lower back starting to ache. I tried your suggestion Gina, and placed the barbell on the highest hooks while sitting on the pull-up bar. I was just too scared I was going to lose my form and trip and fall :(. I always have this fear of not being secure with my barbell (it's an Olympic size, not Troy Lite). Ok so there was that dilemma. I lowered my barbell weight and proceeded to do the first set of squats. I could not go down to my furthest range of motion because of the pain in my back. Secondly, the weight is far too light for me to get the full benefit of the program :(. Even with my back feeling ok, I would need at least 90lbs reach my 80%1RM, and I'm stuck at 70lbs. I don't even think my back could handle that weight load, come to think of it :confused:. No worries though, I have decided to go with plyo-legs and a 2nd leg workout (DOMS permitting :D), Gym Style or LIS Tri-Sets.

Have you guys tried making Dr.Oz protein cookies? They are super tasty and a great alternative to protein bars :D:
Dr. Oz's Protein Cookies | The Dr. Oz Show

I made them for the 2nd time yesterday, but tweaked the recipe a bit. I used liquid egg whites instead of whole eggs, raw sugar instead of brown (you can probably use Splenda or Stevia), and steel cut oats instead of rolled. The recipe makes TONS, so I say cut the recipe in half. I still have batter in the fridge and I made 10 big cookies.

I will BBL! Have a rockin' day!

Oh, Natasha! I'm so sorry about your Squat Rack experience! I had finally posted my post when I saw your post, so disregard my questions about your squat rack w/o! Anyway, I LOVE Gym Styles Legs! I had GREAT definition after about 3 months of it! In fact, I think that I might do a Gym Styles type rotation after I do M2 while I wait for Cathe's new series!
PS I want to try those cookies! What time should I be over? :p

Oh my gosh Nancy, I can't believe I didn't comment about Foggia with you! Probably b/c I had been telling everyone in my family about it :) Unbelievable that we have a connection like that. What are the odds?! Incredible so much so that I was awestruck!! Your father was right, the town and people are wonderful. It is unfortunate he wasn't able to take you guys there. But if you ever get the chance...it is an experience you will never forget! My father was just as shocked as I was. He tells people where his father is from and people do not recognize Foggia when he tells them so yeah, you threw us for quite a loop ;) Thank you for reminding me about that.

You know, I think of things to share with you guys during the day and then when it comes time to typing it out....I forget!! And of course, I remember after I post ;) I love sharing this experience with each and every one of you!! I learn and laugh at the same time!

OH NO Natasha!! Im so sorry to read about your experience!! I understand about the low back pain. I have to watch my L5 compression and it hurt with the heavier load. Maybe when you feel up to it you can practice again with the Turbo Tower. That is why I recommended you guys practice it a few times with hardly any weight on your bar. It does take a few attempts to get the feel for it and to feel safe. So, so disappointing! I wish I could come over and help you!! I am probably a little disappointed with squat rack too. I really thought I would prefer it over pylo, but it has its limitations with not being able to lift heavy enough. So, I was a little bummed about that and I can't say that I really have DOMS today, maybe a tad in the quads, but like Nancy, I had more DOMS with Pylo Legs. I am going to give both another go next week and see if I improve after all my tweaking I did this week.

Dawn I keep Luna bars on hand. I don't eat them everyday, they are my emergency food when Im stuck out and can't get my hands on food. I have found them to be the most tolerable bar over the other ones out there. I have tasted quite a few nasty ones! I keep wanting to try to make my own protein bars... I wish we all lived near one another and we could cook/bake together or just run over to Natasha's house after she does ;) You make me hungry with your recipes! I'll have to check out those protein cookies for sure.

Im not sure if Im up to working out today. Woke up real tired today and I just got back from gardening with Dad for two hours. We picked our first tomato!! The last two days I hiked for a few hrs in the am and then did an STS w/o at night, so that might be why I'm tired?! I had planned on doing chest and back this evening so let me see how I feel...

Enjoy your day!!

Gina

Hi ladies!

Is it crazy how often I check the post? I have a desk job and always on the computer. I find myself checking it more often during the week. I should be working! :D It's just not as fun.

Nancy, I'm glad you enjoy hiking in the woods. For some reason I don't do much outdoorsy stuff. What you're describing sounds great. I agree. Cathe's website is awesome. You can do pretty much anything here; track workouts, food, find support etc.

Natasha, I'm sorry about your experience with Squat Rack. I'm not there yet so I can't comment. I'm sure you'll make a comeback quickly! :) I think you did a very smart thing to not force it. You don't want injury to your lower back. It still amazes me how heavy you ladies are lifting. Thanks for the protein cookie recipe from Dr. Oz. I visit his website sometimes. I will definitely give it a try.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Justina

Question for you all, on a scale of 1-10, how good is B&G? Should I get it? Everyone speaks so highly of it, but what's so special?

Nancy
I can't believe you are almost done M3 :eek:. How quickly STS time flies hun? Are you going to pyramid back down as planned? Are you pre-ordering XTrain? What a silly question I know :eek:
My dream is to go back-packing around various parts of the world. On my bucket list for sure :). My most vivid memory of walking and exploring was my trip to Cuba 4 years ago. I took a day trip to an island called Iguana Island. It was the most incredible experience ever. Very surreal to immerse yourself with nature AND huge iguana's on the island.

Gina

Don't feel bad about Squat Rack. It's just not meant to be at this point, that's all. Maybe I can find a 100lbs weighted vest for cheap ;).
Walking and hiking IS working out! Oh, and gardening too! You deserve to take a break. How cute of you and your dad to do those things together :)

Justina
LOL, this website can get pretty addictive! At least it's a healthy addiction ;).
Which disc are you on now? It's amazing how fast M1 goes :)

Have a great day ladies :)

Good morning ladies!

Hope you all had a good night.

I'm on week 3 and I did disc 8 last night. It was fun. I update my workout sheet on Workout Manager after every disc. I also take notes during the workout. Do you utilize workout manager as well? I find it very helpful. Also, I noticed that I could lift heavier on certain excercies. I discovered the "calculate 1RM" option in Workout Manager last night too. I did some updating and now I have new 1RM figures based on what I'm able to lift. I didn't do a good job with the 1RM test before I started STS, so now I have to do updates to make sure I'm lifting the right weight. Does this make sense? Not sure if it's the correct way to do it but I thought I should be lifting as heavy as I can and struggle with the last few reps with every excercise.

I'm not seeing big changes right now. Maybe because I'm only on week3? Did you all see noticable changes before M2? Wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I do feel stronger and tighter but not seeing it in my upper body like I had hoped.

What's B&G? Butt and Glute?

Have a good day everyone!:D

Justina

Natasha - thanks for the kind words! Good to know about CF and TTM - I may treat myself to those at some point! Funny about your "of course I had a problem!" So true - I was really struggling with the last set in the DWL.

And bummer about your lower back! I get that pain periodically and it's not fun. Did you have an injury at one time or disc problems? Does plyo work bother it at all?

Thanks for the protein cookies recipe - I'm going to try those.

Justina - DEFINITELY get a mirror or two in your workout area. Not sure if you will be installing a permanent one but I just use an inexpensive "full length/door" size from IKEA and I also have one over the sofa (I workout in our finished basement). I originally priced out putting mirrors on an entire wall. But the price was CRAZY to do that. The full length works fine and it is SO helpful - especially for arm raises (when you shouldn't be going past your shoulders) or dead lifts to make sure your back is straight. I find myself looking in the mirror ALL the time.

Loving all of our jiggle tests!

Okay, so here is my frittata "recipe" - so not an actual recipe - more of a how-to. :)

-----------------
Pre-heat oven to 375.

In a 12" non-stick frying pan saute any vegetables you have on hand in a tablespoon or two of olive oil. You can make the veggies any size you want (from diced to strips). I personally like the veggies kept on the bigger side - but either way is fine.

In the mean time mix 8 egg whites with 2 whole eggs. I separate my own egg whites from the eggs as it's more cost effective and I think the texture is better than egg whites in a carton - but you can use either. I use Eggland's Best eggs.

I stir some cheese into the eggs as well. My favorites are cheddar, gorgonzola, or parmesan (something flavorful).

If I am using tomatoes or any kind of herbs (like basil or cilantro) - I'll stir those into the eggs too (as I don't want to sauté those).

Now spread out the veggies in the pan evenly and slowly poor the egg mixture on top. Let sit on low-med heat for about a minute.

I now sprinkle a little more cheese on top (cheese is completely optional - but I love cheese).

Put the whole pan in the oven and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes or until set.

You can really do anything you want with this. If you like a thicker frittata - you can use more eggs. Or all egg whites is fine too.

It's really fun to experiment. I've even added hot sauce to the eggs to give it a kick. And I've used frozen veggies in a bag (though defrost those in microwave first and drain before using - otherwise they are quite watery).

You can also put it on broil for the last minute or so to brown the cheese on top.

To re-heat the next day - throw in the microwave and it's as good as when it first came out of the oven.

Wow - I replied before reading all the posts - I missed an entire page - you guys are chatty! Too funny!

Nancy….sooo how was 90%???? And ooohh a "martini jiggle"! Don't feel too bad though as I have seen even the those in BEST shape with a little jiggle still going on.

I love Gym Style legs too! I may have to check out that rotation - as I love all the GS workouts. I'm so interested to see how much weight I'll be using during those after I'm done with STS. I wish I had written the weights down that I was using back then.

Gina, did you end up working out yesterday? It sure sounds like your body needed the rest. And that IS so cute about gardening with Dad. :) I't's been a while since I had a Luna bar. I'll have to try those again - thanks for the recommendation.

Natasha - I'd have to say B&G is pretty close to a 10! There are SO many exercises/chapters - it's awesome. For example, the abs section alone is great workout in itself. Or you can choose standing work vs floor work. There is something about the vibe in the DVD too from Cathe and the crew. Hard to explain it but it's definitely a "feel good" DVD. Maybe it's the silly name "Butts" that makes people happy! :D

Justina, "stronger and tighter" is how I would describe M1 as well. Being it is more of an endurance workout you may not "see" any big changes - you'll feel them first. In M2 is when you'll start building visible muscle. Cathe talks about that during the workouts and she's right. You'll be lifting heavier with longer breaks in between (a whole minute - can you imagine!?!). So, hang in there - all your work in M1 is preparing you very nicely for M2 (and the visible muscles that will follow).

Off to do M2 W3 legs - Disc 20!

Justina, Meso 1 is the prep phase. You will be amazed how your strength will increase and what you can do in the next 2! Just keep at it.

Dawn, nope no official workout yesterday, but gardening is an activity!

I am just loving gardening with my Dad. I have always wanted to, and now that I am without a job, it has allowed me to do so. Even though Im stressed out over the no job thing, this is precious time I have to do more things with my family and I am taking advantage of it! It is so nice to be spending time with him and he is enjoying teaching me. I made a comment yest about his garden and he corrected me and said our garden. Like I said, precious.

Natasha, B&G is another challenging routine. I have not done it but once or twice, but man did it work me, as Cathe usually does! I'm eager to get started on my next lower body rotation and I have decided this will be in it!

Oh my gosh girls, you and the "jiggle" talk. Too funny but, yep, Ive so got it too!! I'm not sure it will ever go away. I think my problem is more of loose skin. My problem is there was a time frame I put on a huge amt of weight in a short period of time stretching my skin so surgical removal probably would be my option to get rid of it in my arms and especially my lower abdomen. I've been to normal weight a few times and it's just there loose and hanging never bouncing back... My dream was to have it removed once I was done having kids, but no kids as of yet..

Ok, I have to run for now. I'll check back later to see what I missed addressing, but Dawn, I know what you mean...if you don't check in, you fall behind in response to everyone!! We are chatty, but it's great!!

Have a great day everyone!!
Gina

Thanks Dawn for the recipe! I can't wait to try it. :D

Good to hear abouy the prep phase (M1). I thought I was doing something wrong. I'm looking forward to starting M2. I will find a full size mirror for the workout space. Not the entire wall. It's definitely not in my budget to do that. Thanks for the tip!

Speaking of jiggles, I was talking to a girlfriend earlier and I noticed some jiggling of my arm when I made a gesture. ;) I use my hands a lot when I talk. Yup, I'm going to use that observation as a motivator for STS workouts. LOL Have to work the triceps harder.

Gina, sorry about the job thing. It's a tough market out there. I hope you find something soon. Like you said, in the meantime enjoy life and family. I don't feel like I do enough of that.

Have a good day!

Justina

90% 1RM and "only" 6 reps ROCKS!!!
I loved loved loved last night's w/o! I actually had to up the weights (!) on the flat and incline bench presses and on the barbell rows. Not a ton, but a few pounds made all the difference! I know I could have lifted heavier on the dumbell rows, too. I was shocked! Maybe I was just having a strong night? The dumbell flys were very challenging for me: 25# on the flat ones, and 26# on the inclines. The last 2 reps of the last set were tough! Those little Pace Weights really came in handy for the microloads. I had to stick 8 of them on my 25# dumbell (and wear my 1# wrist weights) to get to the 30# for my one arm row and get them off quickly for the flat bench chest flys and it worked out great (except I forgot to take my wrist weights off for the last set of flys and they were tough!) I highly recommend them; the 1/2 pound increments make it very easy to get to those weird in-between weights! All-in-all, I really liked Disc 31! We'll see if I continue this love affair with the next 2!:D
I'm still planning on pyramiding down at least through M2. Then, I really want to mix things up a bit with Gym Styles, some total body DVDs, and the "crazy 4": Afterburn, Athletic Training, Crossfire, and To The Max. I thought it was such a big deal when I got up to 17# for the flys in Gym Styles (especially after all those dang push-ups!). I wonder what I'll lift now? Depending on when I get Cathe's new series, I will probably visit STS again! How about you guys?;)

Sorry for being so chatty :eek:. I really like talking to you guys about STS and other health/fitness related stuff :). I'll try to make my posts shorter so everyone can catch up on reading :)

Nancy
You are one STRONG woman!! Holy 25lbs chest flies!! :eek:. Congrats on lifting such impressive weights! You are awesome :D.
Lifting heavy gives a different element to strength training. I have to admit, I'm not the most delicate "girly, girl" and so pounding back those heavy weights brings out...what's the right description here...my inner masculine side? ;).

Gina
I'm so sorry to hear about your unemployment. Did you previously mention it? I'm sorry if I missed it :(. I'm sending you lots of positive vibes and thoughts.
Time with family is very precious. I never knew my father, but I can appreciate how a strong bond between father and daughter is like no other.

Dawn
Thank you so much for the frittata recipe! My grandmother used to make it for me when I was a child, and I sort of forgot until you mentioned it. It looks very tasty :p. I will try it this w/e for sure :p.
My back has been ongoing since my early 20's. I had a very labor intensive job, unloading heavy skids and lifting heavy items/totes when I worked full time at a pharmacy. There is a lot of manual labor involved managing a big pharmacy retail store. It's not just boxes of Tylenol (I wish). We sometimes got skids of water which weighed A TON, and would have to display it on the sales floor. Tough stuff :eek:. Ya, my back has never been the same.

Justina
I saw big changes in M2. Dawn is absolutely correct about M1. Don't get discouraged, you'll see those muscles in no time ;). Don't forget about the protein at every meal tip. It really does help!
It's so great you are utilizing the workout manager. I would...and I should...but I get kinda lazy :eek:.

Ok, I hope I responded to everyone! Thanks for the tips on B&G ladies!! I'm downloading that sucker!

Sorry for being so chatty :eek:. I really like talking to you guys about STS and other health/fitness related stuff :). I'll try to make my posts shorter so everyone can catch up on reading :)

Oh, no, please don't limit your thoughts!! We love to hear what you have to say Natasha!! If you haven't noticed, I can be quite chatty with long posts myself! It's great to check in with like-minded others as my friends do not work out!

Gina
I'm so sorry to hear about your unemployment. Did you previously mention it? I'm sorry if I missed it :(. I'm sending you lots of positive vibes and thoughts.
Time with family is very precious. I never knew my father, but I can appreciate how a strong bond between father and daughter is like no other.

I haven't mentioned it, so no worries. I have been out on worker's comp and looking for a job, but with my lifting restrictions from my rotator cuff injury I can't find one and my benefits will be running out soon.... That is why I had that crazy overeating, no working out 4 day depressive stretch last week. I've bounced back with my faith in check and I know things will go the way they should for me...whatever that may be including possibly moving in with my parents! Thank you though :)

And I know I have been blessed to have and still have both of my parents. I am sorry that you never knew your father. My father and I have just recently begun to have a close relationship. He always worked 2 jobs when I was growing up and I never had much time with him so I am treasuring that time now.

Ok, I hope I responded to everyone! Thanks for the tips on B&G ladies!! I'm downloading that sucker!
Oh, I forgot to mention that B&G has some firewalkers in there...I know you love those!

Gotta run, dinner at my parents. Catch you all later and look forward to reading everyone's posts!!

Gina

Hi ladies,
Sorry, it's my fault. :) It's crazy how often I check in here. I also talk about things not entirely related to STS.

Thanks Natasha! Yup, I try to have protein with every meal. I really like the protein shake 2x a day. I also have boiled eggs every day. I tend to eat the same things for breakfast and lunch. I should start buying tofu again. I'm Asian so we have many dishes with tofu.

Gotta run!

Justina

Gina, sorry to hear about your job situation but how great it is to be spending that time with Dad. And his comment about "our" garden is so sweet!!! Hopefully some day you'll get to address the loose skin - but you're certainly doing everything you can now about the rest of your body - so that's great!

Justina, I can just picture you talking with your hands and then getting distracted as you're looking at your jiggle (or should I say lack thereof). :D

Nancy, awesome about 90% and only 6 reps! That's great! 25-26 pounds for chest flys is awesome. I'm only around 17-18 for them. But I remember about 9 months ago I could only do like 10 - so progress is being made. Wow, and it sounds like the pace weights are really helping you! I realized those really would have come in handy during the double wave loads as well!

I'd like to pyramid down as well - like you said at least back through M2. Do you think it would be beneficial to go through M1 again? One thing about M1 that I really liked was the leg toning segments. I may drag those out create an extra leg day.

Natasha - don't apologize at all for being so chatty!!! That's why were here. :) And like Gina said - don't cut your posts short!! :) And you too Justina - no apologizing! ;)

"My inner masculine side" = so funny! Here is a related thought I had the other day. Friends and I were talking about our favorite body parts on guys (yes, we still talk like that at 44!) Anyway, mine has always been arms. I just love nice arms on guys - not huge, just nice… I digress. Anyway…so, it got me wondering - is that why I am so obsessed with my own arms? Hmm….. :rolleyes:

Wow, too bad about your job that messed up your back! If you only knew then, huh? It's great you are keeping the surrounding muscles and core strong though! Can you image what it would feel like if you didn't work out?:eek:

I forget to mention in my last post - I live by my Workout Manager. I love it! Though I'm a geek at heart so anything technology-related I love. Though - I still think it has a few glitches. I find the workout sheets are only ever about 75% accurate. Sometimes there are numbers on there - where I have no idea where they came from. Still great though!

Natasha, did you check out B&G yet?

Woke up with beautiful leg DOMS today! Wow - Disc 20 was awesome! Seriously - my heart rate was up as high as it is when I run (I always wear my HR monitor)! Major strength and cardio workout in one! I may make note of this one and drag that out in the future just as a great workout!

Have an awesome Friday friends!

Hi everyone!

I look forward to reading the posts and share my thoughts. So I've been doing STS for three weeks now and I do Turbo fire on the cardio days. Last night was cardio day. I noticed that I did much better; I was able to catch up with the Turbo fire crew and jump higher. It's a great motivator to see improvement in my fitness level. I feel positive about reaching my goals. Just have to keep going.

Dawn, it's funny you said that. I was distracted when I saw the jiggling. I lost my train of thought for a second. It was a bit disappointing since my jiggle test isn't working. I usually test when I dry my hair. It proves that it's not a good test afterall. :D you mentioned you use HR monitor. Do you have recommendations? I was looking at FitBit two weeks ago, but I was told by someone in the forum that it's not waterproof. I'd like to see calories burned with all the workouts that I do.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Justina

Nancy great job on the poundage!! I just finished Disc 28: chest and back and isn't it amazing what we are lifting now?! My goal for deadlifts was 60# if I could ever get my forearms to cooperate, well, today, I did 64# and what a noticeable difference not just in my forearms but my back too. Also my shoulders are stronger helping me to keep good alignment as well. Awesome feeling! And 64# for flat bench presses...come on?! Never in my life would I have thought or even attempted that, but I know I could do more and look forward to my 90%! Nancy, you get me excited since I am so close behind you in workouts!

I've also noticed that when Im setting up my weights for the next move, I am lifting, carrying, and moving the heavier weights around a lot easier! I used to struggle just in preparation! Fantastic as that will carry over in day to day life.

I forgot to share something I noticed after my hikes earlier this week. Last year when I would do the trails, when I was driving home afterwards, my legs/butt burned and man, did they twitch like crazy! This year, not one twitch even after the 2 hr, 6.5 miler!! No doubt I have improved my leg strength!

I may not be losing weight as I had hoped, I keep going up and down the same 5#, but I have increased my strength. That is awesome! Usually when my healthy eating goes off track, I also quit my workouts, but not this time. I need consistency to see results. So, I will continue working out, which will help keep my from ballooning back up and when my eating gets reeled in better at least I won't be starting over from scratch! It's a process...for life.

Girls, you are an incredible source of motivation for me...you are all awesome, strong females that I greatly admire :)

Natasha I hope your back is on the mend. It stinks when your hurtin and can't do planned workouts as I know all too well. Hang in there, you'll be back up and going strong soon. Does it help to ice down?

Dawn thank you for you kind words. Impressive that you're 44...you have such a young attitude and pic to go along with it! I am 41 myself.

Justina you're too cute! ;) Feel free to share whatever you want with us! I use my BodyMedia Fit to track my workout calories and I love it! I think we had talked about this on another thread you posted maybe? If not, I can tell you more about it. Although, it is not a heart rate monitor if that is what you are really interested in. I have heard feedback that the heart rate monitors overestimate calories burned; whereas, my lil device seems to be right on.

Ok, I think I got everybody...I wonder how CathyV and Pam are doing? Anybody hear from them? Cathy was on another thread with Natasha and I & encouraged her to stop by here.

I gotta go!! Just like the rest of you I love checking in and writing to you all :)

Gina

Happy Healthy and Safe Friday the 13th!!!!
I hope everyone gets through today unscathed by superstition!
Last night I did Crossfire+Bonus Abs and was a puddle by the end! I have a hard time with the core move where you're in a plank on 8# weights and you kind of do a side plank lifting the weight up and overhead. The thing that's hard for me is my hands get really sore and I can only do 3-4 before I bail and do the move without weights. Maybe this is an instance where wrapping my ankle weights with 8# in them around my wrists would be a good idea???!!!
Dawn: You are going to be shocked at how much weight you'll be able to lift in M3! I am a scrawny looking person with no real visable muscle to speak of, yet I've increased my strength tremendously! This program has really delivered; I am very pleased with my progress so far. I'm glad that you're enjoying M2; the leg trisets are wonderful, aren't they? I really like those add ons, too!
Gina: I am wowed by your progress! 64# is intimidating, isn't it? Is this more than what was printed out on your workout card? Are you still having to increase weights or did you get it set last week?
Justina: I've noticed improvement with my cardio since I've started STS too! I only do Cathe's workouts; her cardio is brutal! Did you get Crossfire and To The Max? I LOVE them! I am definitely getting the new series, too!
Natasha: I see you all over the forum and get huge smiles when I read your posts! Please don't take that away! About those 25# chest flys: it is't pretty getting into position!:p I get a huge workout just trying to pick them up and lean back without having my arms snap off! Secretly, I'm kind of glad I won't see that weight again for a while!;)

Tonight is Squat Rack Legs at 90%. On Friday the 13th!!!:eek: I'm going to try Gina's technique with the Turbo Bar...

Now for fun stuff:
Have you heard of the C2/C4 ratio? It has to do with the length ratio of your index (pointer) finger and your ring finger and the amount of testostrone you were exposed to in the womb. With your hand on a flat surface, compare the lengths of the 2 fingers. The longer your ring finger is in relation to your pointer finger, the more testosterone while in the womb! I've been noticing that very competative ladies have very long ring fingers. I wonder how this relates to the ability to build muscle? I have a VERY short ring finger (it only goes up to the middle of my index finger's nail!). I have never been athletic or competative physically and I have a VERY hard time building muscle. What does your ratio look like? Don't forget to look at BOTH hands! My left hand is more pronounced with the difference (I'm a lefty).
(Some people mistakenly think this has something to do with "masculine women" or "feminine men"...it doesn't....it's just an indicator of the amount of testosterone you were exposed to during development.)

Hello fit gals :D

My back is still very tight and achy. I was going to do my first disc of M3 shoulder's, bi's and tri's (which I'm SO very excited to do) but decided to pass and wait until tomorrow :(. Hopefully a nice Epsom salts bath will relieve some of the discomfort.
Today I did a short easy cardio with 4DS Low Intensity Step.

Have any of you tried Amy's frozen pizza? Holy delish :p

Justina
Your Avatar is so cute!
I have to tell you this, Asian cuisine is my absolute #1 favorite!! Japanese, Thai, Indian, Korean, Chinese, oh heck you name it, I LOVE IT!!! Back when I lived in Toronto, Canada, the Asian community is very big, and so there are several top notch authentic Asian restaurants there. My husband and I still jump at the chance to visit our favorite Thai restaurant called The Green Papaya. Let's not get me started about my love affair with Sushi :eek:
Great job on your improvements with Turbo Fire! Isn't it great to see your body doing things you were not able to do weeks prior? The body is truly a miraculous thing :).
Nancy
OMG, the finger test is so interesting! I never knew that! Ok, well my ring finger is longer than my index finger on both hands, but slightly more on the right hand (I'm a righty). Maybe that's why sometimes I feel as though I should have been born a man ;).
No superstition here. My daughter was born on a Friday the 13th. Mind you, her birth was hell on earth with an emergency c-section so hmmm...;)
Dawn
I love defined arms too (on men and women ;)). I can't tell you what topics my conversations include, as I need to keep this post fairly PG ;).
Yes, I remember D20 legs :eek:. I call it ICSOTT (I Can't Sit On The Toilet) DOMS :D.
Gina
Wow, you are also sporting some impressive weights there my friend! Congrats strong woman :D.
I can sympathize with you regarding the highs/lows of losing weight and trying to keep it off. Within the course of 4 years, I experienced 7 miscarriages. With every pregnancy I gained weight. After each miscarriage, I had the challenge of not only having to lose weight, but the emotional instability and depression that came with it. We are stronger in the places that we're broken. Just stay strong and don't ever give up in this crazy world and you'll get through anything ;)

Ok gotta run! Have a rockin' weekend ladies :cool:

Hubby to the rescue!:eek:
Oh boy, 90% 1RM on my squats was interesting! I just couldn't get the feel for Gina's Turbo Bar technique so I tried the hunker under and lift technique that I did last time. I was able to get the bar onto my shoulders (BARELY), but not OFF! DH came to my rescue and lifted it off me! I had him on standby for the next 3 sets! Today my neck and traps are a little sore! Next time I really wiil try to get my ankle weights involved! I can add 20# with them...just have to figure out how to attach them to my torso! Do you think a "belt" would be okay?
Today I have a TON of housework and then cardio. I'm slated for Slide n Glide, but To The Max is calling!:p
I'll check in again later, just wanted to relay my squat story.
Natasha, I hope your back is well enough for a workout today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.