STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

I am so kicking myself for missing out on the STS deal of the day. I hope it comes up again, I am doing P90X and am missing Cathe's! Good luck on your STS journeys ladies!

Hello everyone :)

It's been quiet here, except for Nancy and I :D. Dawn, Gina & Justina, I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the Summertime heat :cool:.

Yesterday I went to pick up the new workouts from the post office. I hurried home and ripped open the package SO FAST! Why do they make the clear film so hard to take off the DVD cases?? :confused:. Of course I was dying to try To The Max :eek:. LOVED IT!!! Today Crossfire was calling my name, and I just had to give it a go :eek:. Cathe really delivered on those two, holy cannolli!! Buckets of fun & sweat! All my endorphins were flowing and I felt fantastic afterwards. No dread either, which I usually get with CCC and 40/20.

Tomorrow I start M3 :D.

Nancy

I'm glad you found the link to be helpful. I understand completely about the vest. 20lbs is a lot of extra weight to put on your body!! To think I was lugging around an extra 65lbs while I was pregnant just blows my mind!! I'm glad I got rid of all of that :rolleyes: :D.
How are you liking M3 so far? Is M2 still your fav?

Have a great day everyone :)

Hi Guys!!

My plans got derailed since Wed and haven't worked out since then unfortunately. Tmrw I should be back on track though! I went out with a bang though...I did my first pylo legs Wed and WOW! It was non-stop, fast-paced, heart-racing, sweat-pouring, doable yet challenging!! Im not sure I want to do another one...LOL!!! I think I may just like lifting heavier. We'll see, I still have yet to do Squat Rack yet. I gotta a little off schedule and am 2 discs behind. I don't think I'm gonna try and catch up tho, not with these intense workouts!!

Natasha I am sooo happy that you got your new DVDs!! You are daring trying them out back to back. I have yet to try Crossfire. And WHAT?! she is making new strength ones now? I need to go find that post!!
And thank you for sharing the links to your recipes. I also couldn't locate them before when you mentioned them. So, I am going to have to check those out.

Natasha and Nancy, let me see how I do with Squat Rack, but I remember when I did my 1RMs that I put the barbell holder thingies at the highest point on the turbo tower and I was able to squat under it to get my bar and step out in order to stand up straight. I have a pretty heavy number just for my 80%...119#...I have enough plates with the vest to try it. Im up for trying it, so I will let you know how it goes!! I am 5'5.5" so I know what you mean about it being "short".

Gotta run for now, but it's good to be back and catch up with everyone.

Gina

Hello everyone,
Wow, you strong ladies! I cannot imagine being able lift 55 or even 30. I'm definitely not there. Weight lifting is not new to me but I have never done a program where we are encouraged to lift heavy and the goal is to lift as heavy as possible. This is very cool. I bought some wrist weights from Amazon last night. Hope to get them soon so I can be properly challenged for STS.
S far I'm able to stick to the schedule I set for myself. Some days are harder than others though.

Natasha, so glad you are enjoying the new DVDs. How long are these workouts? I watched part of it on the website and it looked like a lot of fun. :D The crew looked fabulous as always.
Thanks for the links!

I didn't know Cathe is working on a new DVD. Already? I have to set up a speical savings account for this new addiction. :D

I'm not handling the heat very well. I try to avoid being outside as much as possible. :) When I'm out there too long I get irritable. I handle the cold much better.

MMIS29, hope you're enjoying P90X. It helped me bounce back after my third child. :D

Crush the workouts ladies!
Talk soon.
Justina

Hello STS gals :)

Just completed my first M3 disc back & chest. Yup, I loved it. I knew I would like heavy weights/low reps. What I found to catch me off guard, is that I was lifting WAY heavier then I did for M2 @ 80% (I struggled my last M2 disc). The way it's sequenced (chest, back, chest, back, alternating) ensures you are not completely fatiguing the one muscle group, so you can lift that 80% each and every set. The rest times were not too long IMO. By the time I prepared my weights for the next set, the break was up. I actually had to up my weight lbs, to make sure I was struggling with my final rep. Only doing 8 reps, you can go pretty heavy, and it feels so darn good!

Did you guys see the details on the new workouts? I'm on the fence about pre-ordering to be honest. The one thing that is enticing me, is the option for shorter strength workouts.

Gina

How did you use the Turbo Tower for a squat rack? I put the holder's on the highest setting too, but I was too scared to squat down and place the barbell on my back. It just did not seem high enough, and I'm 5ft nothing :confused:. Hmmm, now you have me thinking if I should test it out again. I would love to be able to squat 100lbs :eek:.
Plyo Legs is an experience isn't it? Probably without a doubt my favorite Cathe leg workout.
Don't feel bad about falling behind. That's life, and life is full of unexpected twists and turns :).

Justina
It's good you purchased the wrist weights. You are definitely going to feel a challenge with the added weight. Don't let the 5% increases fool you! They add up boy!
I had no idea you did P90X! How cool is that! I'm probably the only person that has never experienced a Beach Body program.

Keep rockin' those STS workouts ladies!

Natasha, I had the same experience with Chest for disc 25. I started out at 53# which I did in Meso 2, but ended up at 60# by the third set b/c it was feeling too light! I didn't fatigue my chest, b/c I was tweaking the weight so hopefully the next one for chest I nail the numbers! Isn't that weird how we needed to increase? But I read the STS thread "STS Check In Master File" where they discuss STS disc by disc, and it seemed to happen for many others as well.

I was dreading the rest breaks thinking they were going to drag out the routine, but like you, I stayed busy with changing my weights and the breaks were over in no time. Although, I finally found my barbell collars for my curl bar that I have had so now I am able to preload 2 barbells so that might make a difference.

I am loving lifting heavy!! I need to get back on track. Im hoping to restart a disc tonight, but it's my parent's anniversary, so more than likely tmrw I'll resume with Disc 27. I did take a 4.5 mile walk in the park this morning which was great for me mentally and emotionally and it has reignited my passion to get my workouts in :)

As for the new workouts, Im in. I don't have a bike tho so maybe there will be an option not to order it like she did before. I've learned just to pre-order b/c I always end up with them anyways!! I love variety and this will just be added to the mix for me.

Justina Im sure you won't regret your wrist weight purchase! As Natasha stated, it really does make a difference to add them on! Tony Horton drives me crazy, there is no way I could do P90X!! I have BeachBody programs, but love Cathe more. I've been enjoying TurboJam and TurboFire lately for some cardio sessions mixed in. I have never done one of their programs in a rotation though, b/c I just can't go without Cathe for too long ;)

Have a great day ladies and keep up the great work!!

Gina

Hi there!

Just met up with a girlfriend of mine for lunch and I had bad food. :D
I tried crepes for the first time. Now I have to go look up how many calories I just consumed. LOL. I had banana crepes at The Original Pancake House. It was pretty good but it was a bit too sweet for me. I'll have to work extra hard tonight for my cardio workout.

Natasha, I'm a Beachbody fan as well as Cathe. I've done Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs and P90X. Currently I use Turbo Fire for cardio with STS. P90X is a great program too. It helped me lose the baby weight and got back in shape. I don't find Tony as annoying as many other people do. :D He is pretty competitive though. Overall, I enjoyed P90X. The only thing that I did not do was the Yoga DVD. It's 90 minutes long! I'm not a yoga fan so doing 90 minutes of it was torture to me. Challene Johnson is another great trainer (besides Cathe, of course). I find her very motivational. Her Turbo Fire workouts are very tough. Guarantee you'll sweat buckets. Her thing is kickboxing which I love.

I'm intersted in learning more about Cathe's new strength videos. She's definitely top notch. I don't want to get ahead of myself since I'm still working on STS. I want to finish this before I make another purchase.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!

Justina

Natasha:
QUOTE: "Just completed my first M3 disc back & chest. Yup, I loved it. I knew I would like heavy weights/low reps. What I found to catch me off guard, is that I was lifting WAY heavier then I did for M2 @ 80% (I struggled my last M2 disc). The way it's sequenced (chest, back, chest, back, alternating) ensures you are not completely fatiguing the one muscle group, so you can lift that 80% each and every set. The rest times were not too long IMO. By the time I prepared my weights for the next set, the break was up. I actually had to up my weight lbs, to make sure I was struggling with my final rep. Only doing 8 reps, you can go pretty heavy, and it feels so darn good!" I know EXACTLY what you mean! That push pull technique is so effective! I felt like I had really increased my strength! It seemed like the first workout for each body area in M3 was a lot of adjusting the weight for me. W2 went much smoother. Let us know how the rest of this week goes for you! ;)

Tonight I finish off W2 with Plyo Legs and then I get to "rest" tomorrow. My biceps felt very strong with last night's w/o. I was shocked that it was my triceps that were a bit shaky. On the Overhead Tricep Extension; I hit failure quickly with my dominant (left) arm. I still don't have a lot of definition back there, but I know it will come eventually!

I am very intrigued with Cathe's upcoming series too! Her 3 Month Transformation Rotation was undulating (doing STS discs out of sequence) and I had really good results from it. In fact, my core seemed to get more defined with that rotation than with STS. I think that her placement of specific LIS workouts made the difference! I think I may focus more on Afterburn, Athletic Training, Crossfire, and To The Max for my cardio for the rest of my STS rotation (along with Plyo Legs). Those 4 really get me huffing and puffing :eek:. Do any of you do cardio on an STS day in addition to the weights?

What is everyone's take on cardio during the recovery week? I was advised to only do steady state so that your heart can have a break too. But I wonder if that is really necessary??? Would love feedback on this topic ;)! What I'm mainly interested in is if it's okay to do Tabata and/or HIIT. These are very demanding on the heart, where steady state doesn't have those "blasts". I've been doing okay with just KPC, Step Blast, and Slide 'n Glide Express premix; but I wonder if I'm dealing myself short by not doing Tabata/HIIT during recovery? Is it necessary to give the heart a break too?

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Gina, I have heard that about Tony Horton from many others. LOL. I think I just tune him out most of the time when I do the workouts. :D
I was doing Turbo Jam exclusively years back. I had good results. I did not start feeling strong until I started doing Jari Love. Her workouts are low weight high rep.

Wow, XTrain sounds exciting. I just read the newsletter. Is it a step up from STS or just different? If I understand correctly, it takes less time. I just bought STS and I'm on week 3. Budget-wise I'll have to wait awhile before I can get this series. I should finish STS first. :D

Nancy, I haven't had a recovery week yet but I think I will continue to do Turbo Fire (low impact) that week. I can't just stop working out for an entire week. For me, it would be more difficult to get started back up after a week's rest. I don't do cardio on STS days. I can't find the time. I work out in the evenings around 8 or 8:30 pm. I already get up too early to work out in the morning. It's just hard to find the time. Sleep is important in muscle growth. When I'm tired and sleepy I'm not productive in all areas of my life. I'm trying to get at least 7 hours in. I should probably aim or 8 though. :eek:

I didn't get enough sleep last night so I'm going to nap on the bus on the way home. Need to have enough energy for my cardio workout tonight! Turbo Fire kicks my behind every time, but afterwards I always feel great.

Have a good night strong ladies!
Justina

Nancy
Cathe says on her youtube STS tutorials that we should enjoy any cardio we like. She does not say hold off on hiit/tabata/intervals, ect. I'm not sure who claimed it was better to do steady-state, because it was definitely not Cathe. Last week, I did Imax2, Afterburn, TTM, and Crossfire during my active recovery. This week I'm laying off on the hiit & tabata just to give my knee's a rest, but I say go with any cardio of choice you want ;)
I don't double-up and do weights/cardio on the same days. Personally, I don't have the time, and I'm super cautious about overtraining and injuries. I know a lot of people do this, and if it suits them then by all means go for it. The body knows what it can/cannot handle.

Justina
You don't have to stop working out during active recovery -- cardio is encouraged. Cathe says absolutely no weights. Trust me, you'll feel refreshed and roaring to go once M2 comes!
It's good you make sleep a priority. I remember when I used to work full-time and would doze off on the subway :eek:.
Crepes are probably one of my favorite desserts :p. I think there is a recipe for protein pancakes in this website. If you make the batter thinner/more liquid, you could make a crepe with it. Add greek yogurt, ricotta and stevia for the filling (it tastes kinda like whipped cream) and add strawberries :p. Now I'm gonna have to try that out!

Gina
I LOVE walking more than anything. I could hike and walk for hours :D. It's wonderful for the body and the mind. A very underestimated form of exercise. When I was working full-time a few years back, I never really worked out, but I did tons of walking and biking. I ate whatever I wanted and never gained a pound. That 10,000 steps/day is a great tip to keep off weight :)

Have a wonderful day ladies :)

Natasha:Thanks for your response!!! Intuitively, I knew it would be okay to do the tough cardios, but I got swayed by some of the older posts about giving the heart a rest. I lose my cardiovascular conditioning easily if I don't keep it up; and I really need a sweatfest to burn off the fat! I guess I just needed to hear it from someone I trust ;)! As for cardio along with an STS workout, I just don't have the time either! The only way I could pull it off would be on the weekend or a holiday/day off...and even then it would one of the short cardio-only premixes or Tabata if it was an upper body weight workout.
I read some of the old bios from 2006 for Lorraine, Cedie, Jai, and Brenda. It was interesting to read how they get ready for the videos vs how they normally train. Lorraine increases weights & lowers reps; lifting 4x/week and cardio 6x/week for 60 minutes! It shows!:p

Hi Ladies,

Ahhh - things have calmed down around here so I have time to post! Yay. We had company all weekend - and as fun as it was - boy it changes your workout schedule and encourages some bad eating habits doesn't it!

I'm dying to get back to business with STS! Gina, I was secretly happy to see you were a little behind on your workouts too! Sometimes life just gets in the way, huh?

Thank you Natasha :) - actually my 11 year old is my youngest. My others are 13 and 16! Thanks for the heads up about the push ups. It seems like I haven't done one in so long - that will be very interesting. I wonder if I should "move them" to the end of the workout though (going by your experience)?

That's great to know about To the Max and Crossfire. Would you say they were easier than CCC?

Justina, Get Ripped and Chiseled is definitely my favorite Jari Love. So, how are you doing with M1? Have you gotten the weight changes down in those short rest times?

Nancy - I am laughing at your adding ankle weights to your vest - that's genius - did it work? :D

I am SO excited about Cathe's new DVD's - looking forward to watching her progress with them.

Nancy and Natasha - I love your discussions of M3 - I feel like I did back when you were discussing M2. There is always something to look forward to.

I'm sure I didn't catch up on everything here but I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm off to M2 Disc 19 now. I have to move all my weights back to my workout space as that area was used for guests to sleep. That will be a workout in itself. I can't wait to get back into it!

Today, I took another long walk/hike in the park with my friend. We encountered some challenging hills to climb. We covered about 6.5 miles in 2 hrs burning a lil over 700 calories!! I wish I had time for this all of the time! There is something about working out in nature that soothes my soul and lifts my spirit.

Last night, I did Disc 27 of STS and tonight I hope to do the 1st Squat Rack disc. Im trying to catch up on my rotation. But hey, if being off track helped Dawn feel better, than at least my time off wasn't wasted ;)

Guys, I am searching for a job right now and have a little more free time so that's why Im able to do both cardio and weights in one day; otherwise, getting in one workout is all I usually have time for too.

Let me just say, after last night of lifting heavy I finally understand what she means to struggle. I know I have been working hard, but maybe not quite as hard as I should have. I have been a little hesitant of my upper body with my rotator cuff injury. For the last 2 rounds of exercises for my shoulders, biceps and triceps I was struggling for the last few and it felt great when I knocked them out! My mind was thinking there was no way I could pull off another set, but I would! I even fried my biceps and had to assist the last 2 concentration curls. Nancy, you are going to build those muscles. I never have had tricep strength like I do now lifting as heavy as 12#. My limit was always 5#!

I've been rethinking my future plans after I complete Meso 3 and I may not pyramid down. I really want to target my lower body and continue to lose body fat then come back and do STS again. Ive read so many posts from others including Natasha's experience (isn't she a wonderful source of information!) and I believe I need to focus more on lower body workouts. I'm not sure of my rotation yet, but I want to include 2-3 lower body w/os per week one of which might be a circuit and/or full body DVD so I can incorporate upper body too. And cardio 5-6x/week. I'll let you know what I decide.

Have a great night!

Gina

Gina, isn't it great how we help each other! :cool:

So, whoa - these double wave loads - where did THEY come from??? I was not prepared for those. I think I started off way too heavy so I was all discombobulated (I love that word). :p Justina, make a note to scan through Disc 19 from M2 before you do it. Make sure you get your weights right for the double wave loads. Did the rest of you have a problem with those? I almost want to do that entire DVD over to get it right.

Or maybe I just don't have my mojo back yet! :p

And Gina - your hike sounds awesome!

Gina - forgot to mention about your post-STS plan. I think that plan sounds perfect for you. Sometimes its hard to plan these things too far in advance. And that's the beauty of STS - it will always be there.

Also, great news on lifting heavy. I've noticed that too that I've really increased my tricep strength. My triceps are definitely "most improved." I actually like working them - it feels to good to me. My test is how much jiggle there is when I brush my teeth. I'm proud to say there is very little these days! :cool:

Hi guys!! I just had to write this post before I forget what I want to say after completing my first ever Squat Rack routine tonight.

Squat rack vs Pylo legs: Im not sure which one I prefer. They both have their challenges: the intense cardio pumping "Im gonna die" bursts with pylo vs the ability to lift heavy enough without breaking your back for squat rack! I had quad doms from pylo so I'll see tmrw if I have any after the squat rack w/o. I will do them both again next week. Hey, Nancy, we survived!! ;)

I seem to be using the first week of DVDs for Meso 3 to tweak my weights. I had to make quite a few adjustments. With getting a better weight load and learning how to balance the heavier load AND use proper form, I didn't really felt like I got a good set in until the 3rd or 4th time we did it! I hope that goes smoother next week which I think Nancy mentioned her 2nd week went better for her. Happy to hear!

Natasha, now I remember what I did with the Turbo Tower. You were asking me how I used it for a squat rack. Of course, the weight bar brackets go at the highest hole, and I put the pull-up bar at the 3rd hole from the bottom. When you squat under your bar, to be able to get into proper position to lift it, the key here is to kinda sit on that pull-up bar. It works!! If that pull-up bar can hold our weight lifting ourselves up, it can hold some weight from above too!! Test it out with a lighter bar as it does take a time or two to get the right feel for it. You may also need the bar in a different hole for your height. But I back up where I feel the bar touching the back of my knees and I sit down, grab my bar and proceed to stand up. Sometimes I don't step out far enough when I squat, so when I come down I feel the bar tap my butt which is kinda nice reinforcing I am squating low enough. Its really cool and enabled me to put 70# on the bar with my 20# vest. I started out at 119# total, but that was a complete back breaker. I did the 8 reps, but I don't think it was safe for my back so 90# did the trick for now...I could probably make it 100 but will be increasing as we go anyhow!!

Nancy, I just did easier but longer steadier state cardio workouts for my two rest weeks. It was kinda nice takin a break from the Hiit giving my body a chance to recover and I felt so much better able to attack those w/os the next week like I experienced with the weights. But if you are up to it and can handle it then do it! I am just getting reintroduced to cathe's hiit and interval workouts so for me, the rest is welcomed ;)

Oh, and you know what. that Cathe is pretty smart even when it comes to her hairdos! After my first round of squats and getting my hair tugged with the barbell on it, I made a side ponytail just like hers in the video and waalaa...no hair getting pulled!

Cathe helped me with a good pointer to determine if you are are in proper position when doing a static lunge. You are supposed to be able to lift your toes when you go down, if not you are too far forward. Well, of course I thought I was in good alignment b/c I check my form in a mirror, but lo and behold I had to readjust and what a difference it made! The weight even seemed heavier!

Dawn I feel for ya. I remember those double wave loads....wowser!! They'll get a little easier, but honestly I was happy when we were through with those! lol

Ok, ok, Im starting to live on this site...lol. I'll catch up tmrw if I missed anything. Work hard!!

Gina

Gina, in my last post I forgot to mention you as one of my M3 motivators! You're right up there with the other ladies - I promise! ;) I definitely need to check in more often so my posts don't turn into research projects - i.e. digging through old posts to address everything properly. :D

Also, I forgot to mention. You guys were talking about protein. One of my favorite things to make are frittatas! I used about a 4:1 ratio of egg whites to whole eggs and whatever veggies I have on hand (my favorite is peppers and onions). It's great because it will last me two or three meals - and they are so easy to re-heat - and a good amount of protein. If you want my "recipe" - let me know.

And I'm sorry to say - I haven't met a protein bar yet that I've liked. I'm totally thrown off by the density of them! They are so weird. HA HA! But I guess that's the whole point - the protein makes them heavy. If you guys know of any light and airy ones, let me know. :rolleyes:

Good morning STS gals :)

Today's workout will be my first disc of Squat Rack :eek:. I'll be back tomorrow to report my afterthoughts.

Gina
Thanks so much for the tip on the Turbo Tower. I will def try it today :).
Your 6.5 mile hike sounded lovely. I would also do that every day if I could :). Very therapeutic to walk amongst nature's beauty.
Working legs 2X-3X/week is the sweet number to really kick that booty into shape :D. Have you done the Feb 2012 Great Booty Rotation? That one's a keeper :eek:. I did it and noticed amazing results, but you have to follow that sucker to a T. It's a hard knock life for us pear-shaped folk :(. To be honest, until I started appreciating my body and stopped hating it, that's when I was able to change it. Mental aspect? Yes. Does it work? Sure does.
Thank you for complimenting me saying that I was a good source of info. I talk from experience, and since I have found so much support here, I like to pay it forward and help others too :).
Dawn
OMG, you have a 16 year old too?? You look incredible, honestly.
I take my hat off to all the mom's out there with 2 or more kids. I honestly don't know how you guys do it. Very inspiring and motivating.
As far as the push-ups and moving them to the end of the workout, that's up to you. I was kinda shocked when I saw Cathe put them at the beginning...and so many too!! Perhaps that contributed to my muscle fatigue and not being able to perform my 80% 1RM...the verdict is still out on that one.
Yup, to me Crossfire and To The Max are both easier than CCC...well maybe a little easier ;). The thing is that they're actually FUN, which might make the workouts seem like less excruciating ;)
DWL caught me off guard too :eek:. Of course I had a problem! I think you have to really struggle (without compromising form), or else you've gone far too light IMO.
Congrats on the "less jiggle" in the triceps area. I do the test where I wave "hello" :D.
Nancy
I'm the same when it comes to intense cardio. It was not until I found Cathe that I incorporated hiit/intervals/plyo, that I really started seeing my body dropping lbs easily.
I read the bio on Cathe and her crew too. Their schedule when filming is incredible!...and INSANE! Yup, they look amazing. All that hard work def shows. How do you like Marlo in the new vids? I find her not as fluid as the other girls. Her arms don't go up as high, she does not squat as low, ect. She is still beautifully fit, don't get me wrong. I won't ever knock down a crew member of Cathe. She has THE BEST girls (and guys ;)) working alongside with her.

Have a great day ladies :)

Hello ladies,

Hope all is well.

I agree with Natasha. Dawn, you look too young to have two teenagers! :D
I will definitely look through M2 Disc 19 before I do it. Not sure what double wave loads mean. I'm on week 3 now and I just received my wrist weights in the mail. I'm excited to try them out tonight! Last night was cardio and I did Turbo Fire. It was a good workout.

Where can I find the bio of Cathe and her crew? I'm interested in reading about them.

Dawn, if you could share your recipe it would be great! I'd love to try it. For protein I have a protein shake 2x a day. I use Beverly International Ultimate Muscle, chocolate flavor. It tasts great. It has no sugar and 20 g of protein per serving. If you're interested you can find it on amazon.com. As far as protein bars, I'm with ya. I have not been able to find one that I like. All the ones I've seen have too much sugar.

I test the jiggle when I dry my hair. :D These days like you ladies I see little. It's encourging. It means I'm doing something right. I also feel a bit stronger these days. okay. Don't laugh, I flex in front of the mirror sometimes. :cool:
I want to see if I'm making progress. Right now I'm seeing a bit more definition. I guess this is what lifting heavy does.

Gina, now that you mentioned checking your form, I should put a mirror in my work out area. It would help me see if I'm in good form too. I don't always pay attention when it comes to that. :eek:

Natasha, I agree with Gina. You are a trusted source of information. It's always a pleasure reading your posts. I'm so glad that I joined this forum. I met many wonderful, supportive and strong ladies who share the same goals in fitness. I never thought I would be an active participant in a fitnss forum. It feels natural for me to check in and I feel comfortable posting my thoughts.

Again, thanks ladies for being such an inspiration. Hope you have a great day! :)

Justina

Ok, I had to come back and give my thoughts on Squat Rack. I hate to back out of a workout, and I rarely do, but that's what I did 20min in :(. Firstly, my lower back has been feeling a bit of strain these past few days. As soon as I put on my weighted vest, I could feel my lower back starting to ache. I tried your suggestion Gina, and placed the barbell on the highest hooks while sitting on the pull-up bar. I was just too scared I was going to lose my form and trip and fall :(. I always have this fear of not being secure with my barbell (it's an Olympic size, not Troy Lite). Ok so there was that dilemma. I lowered my barbell weight and proceeded to do the first set of squats. I could not go down to my furthest range of motion because of the pain in my back. Secondly, the weight is far too light for me to get the full benefit of the program :(. Even with my back feeling ok, I would need at least 90lbs reach my 80%1RM, and I'm stuck at 70lbs. I don't even think my back could handle that weight load, come to think of it :confused:. No worries though, I have decided to go with plyo-legs and a 2nd leg workout (DOMS permitting :D), Gym Style or LIS Tri-Sets.

Have you guys tried making Dr.Oz protein cookies? They are super tasty and a great alternative to protein bars :D:
Dr. Oz's Protein Cookies | The Dr. Oz Show

I made them for the 2nd time yesterday, but tweaked the recipe a bit. I used liquid egg whites instead of whole eggs, raw sugar instead of brown (you can probably use Splenda or Stevia), and steel cut oats instead of rolled. The recipe makes TONS, so I say cut the recipe in half. I still have batter in the fridge and I made 10 big cookies.

I will BBL! Have a rockin' day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.