STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Hi everyone!
Hope you are doing well. Last night was M3-DVD33. I forget what I worked! :D Tri and bicep I think. I wanted to lift heavy so I picked STS.
Nancy, how do I view your albums? I'm glad you had fun with the village! It's awesome to hear you love your job. :) I can't recall the last time I heard someone say that. I can see why you would find your job rewarding; you're in medical research. On my end, I work for a corporation and always have. I have tried to see a rewarding side of the job but I haven't been able to. Maybe when I'm less busy with work and raising kids, I can find something to do on th side that I would find fulfilling. Right now it's just about having income to pay bills etc.
Natasha, how are you doing?
I can't wait to start XTrain. I look forward to getting it in the mail!

Have a good day!

Justina

Hello fit ladies :)

This week for weight work, I've decided to go with M3. DH is off, so I figured I give the heavy, longer w/o's a go. I will be extra cautious w/my back, so I may have to lighten up with the rows and dead-lifts. Yesterday's w/o was STS M3 Shoulder's, Bi's & Tri's. Despite doing any 1RM, I struggled with my last reps during most of the exercises, which means I nailed my #'s :D. Love when that happens :D.

Yesterday I ventured out into the madness and did some Xmas shopping. The mall was very busy, but everyone was polite and patient (or so it seemed). This particular mall is in a city called Newmarket -- I think I told you guys about it a few times. Anyway, I've never seen so many fit people in one place! All the moms pushing the stroller's don't even look like they had a baby! I'm envious and impressed at the same time. I'm super stoked that Target will be opening at that mall soon!

Oh ya, Sunday's w/o was SJP hi/lo premix (20min) + LBB Floor & Barre workout (30min).

Justina

I was was with my company for 14yrs until I had Bella. Some days I loved it and found it rewarding, other times I did not. What made my job pleasurable were the people I worked with. Such a hardworking and motivating bunch. BUT pharmacy retail is hard and frustrating to say the least. Most drug stores are now open until 12am, some of them 24hrs! The bad part was that they expected us manager's to pull off all these ridiculous shift and hours, and not even get extra compensation! Even when you are a manager, if one person calls in sick and you can't replace them, you are required to get your hands "dirty" and play stock clerk and cashier. I spent numerous times unloading heaving skids from the docks. That's why my back is in such a bad state :(. I hope you end up finding a job or career that is truly fulfilling (besides motherhood of course ;)).

Nancy
I left some comments on your page, but I'm sure you've figured that out already :D.
It's funny how some people are "cardio junkies" while other's are "weight junkies" (lol, is that even the correct term?). I try to find balance for both, but at the end of the day, I favor weight training.
Have you been on that bodybuilding.com website lately? I found these awesome protein recipes I am going to try! Looks very tasty.

Have a good day ladies!

Last edited:
Hope everyone is kicking butt these days...with workouts or otherwise :D.

My w/o's this past week have come with the price of severe DOMS :eek::D.

Wed- Afterburn premix (30min) + GSL premix standing work (30min). What on earth was I thinking??? That is one heck of a LB workout :eek:.

Thurs- I'm very picky with kickbox workouts. I never thought I'd find one that I liked besides KPC (I almost wrote KFC lol :eek:). Well I came across this one:
10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme - Cardio Kickbox - YouTube
OMG, I was impressed let me tell ya! What a great little workout! I will def be doing this one again for a lighter day :cool:.

Today- Yoga Relax! I need it :D.

Have a great day ladies!

Hi ladies!
How are you? I haven't work out in the past few days. Family had a funeral for my husband's grandfather. Yesterday was the funeral, Wednesday the viewing. Today I'm back at work.
Natasha, thanks for the youtube video! She's pretty awesome. I can feel the power just watching her. I'm definitely going to do the workout this weekend or next week. I LOVE kickboxing. :) As far as Christmas shopping goes; I'm an online shopper. I'm almost done with it. I definitely try to avoid the mall if I can. :D I don't see many fit people where I live. Of course we are talking about fit not skinny; peope who look healthy and with some muscle definition. So glad you can shop at Target soon. It's one of my favorite places to shop! As a matter of fact, we are going tomorrow to shop for my son. I find the clothes stylish and inexpensive.

Nancy, what's new with you?

This Saturday will be a busy one. Taking the girls to a Christmas baking party at a friend's place; then going to my sister in law for another Christmas party. There will be a lot of running around.

Have a good day!

Justina

Natasha, you are putting me to shame with those intense workouts! Yesterday was our Holly Day party at work, and also my last day there until Jan 2nd!!! WAHOO!!! Needless to say, I was exhausted when I got home and skipped my workout :(. I was asleep by 9 pm! I slept until 8 am today :confused:! Guess I need the rest. I was on my feet a lot yesterday and my foot is talkin' to me this morning. I plan on doing GSL today (it's so weird how often our w/o coincide). We have a party to go to tonight so I want to be energized and ready for it! Justina, it amazes me how much you pack into a day! I don't think I could keep up! I'm worn out already and I'm still in my jammies :p!
I'd like to try to get some Tabatas in before the weight work today. I'm doing my best to keep the cardio up because for some reason I can't stop eating for the workouts I used to do :eek:. I will have to really watch out for my foot, though, it is pretty dicey today. I hope this thing gets better soon :(!
Well, I hope that you both enjoy your Saturday...I'll post again later (hopefully with more energy!):D

Hi Nancy, Natasha,
Hope you and your families are well. I have a heavy heart. I'm thinking about the women and children who were slaughtered on Friday. When I came home Friday night I had to explain to my girls about this tragedy. We are grieving with the families. This weekend I hugged my kids a little tighter. As we get ready to celebrate Christmas, I think of those families that are forever changed by this tragic event. I don't believe I can forget those little faces and their names for a long time. I don't know what can be done to protect our children. I know we're supposed to tell our kids that schools are mostly safe, but is that really the case? I don't know. Jaden's school is having a locked-down drill one day this week, and we will be letting the kids know this is happening. An unannounced drill will be too traumatic for them.

No workouts for me this weekend. I definitely haven't been dilligent about it. Hopefully that will change soon. I'm startng to notice my energy level going down hill, and I've been sick with a cold on and off for few days now.

Hope you ladies are doing better!

Justina

Hello fit ladies :)

I hope everyone is well :).

I too was deeply saddened and disgusted by the school shooting. I have refrained from looking the news and reading on-line articles. It's not that I don't want to be faced with reality, it's that I just can't handle it when children die.

My workouts last week were:

Fri- Off

Sat- S&H Chest & Back :eek::eek:. Oh.My.Word. I loved, loved, loved this workout! It was a single download, and I was so impressed by my pec muscles quivering that I have decided I need to get the entire series! I've been in a serious state of DOMS for 2 days! Nothing fires up the muscle quite like heavy weight at a slow, controlled speed. ENABLE! ENABLE!
I also did a Leslie 3 mile walk when Bella went to bed.

Sun- Imax2 (I only had time for 30min). After Bella went to sleep I did a Leslie 2 mile walk + STS extended stretch. Boy oh boy did I need that extra stretching after S&H.

Nancy
Sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, as much as you can. It's so terrific :).
I hope your foot continues to get better. Now that's it's cold out, I'm enjoying my evening Leslie walks. I'm telling you, it makes a huge difference in your appetite not doing strenuous cardio, all the while still getting steps in throughout the day. I'm not nearly as ravished.

Justina
I'm sorry to hear about your DH's grandfather. My condolences.
I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. I think everyone was disturbed by that tragic event. I would try to stay optimistic about school and your children being safe there. We can't put ourselves or our kids in little bubbles and be constantly petrified that something bad will happen.
I'm sorry you've been feeling sick too :(. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Have a great day ladies!

Hi ladies,
Hope you are doing well today. Last night was Gym Style Chest and Triceps. I did the entire program. Ouch! :) It shows how behind I am with workouts. I'm really feeling it today. It feels great to get back into it. I'm looking forward to cardio tonight, but don't know what I want to do yet.

Natasha, so you like Slow and Heavy. I have to look into that again. I considered getting them before but I bought X Train instead. Maybe next year. :)

How are things going Nancy? How's your foot?

Have a good day everyone!

Justina

Hi everyone!

I hope all you ladies are doing well despite the holiday stress & rush. Just breathe and relax. 2013 will be here before you know it :).

Monday's w/o was STS TB (lower body premix 20min) + STS M1 Bonus Leg Segments (15min x 2). Have I told you guys how much I love those STS bonus leg conditioning drills? For Disc 3, it's barre work w/firewalker and for Disc 9 it's ankle weights + firewalker (I think :confused:. Brain freeze.) I see Cathe has included some of the same exercises in Xtrain :eek:.

College Video has a lot of Xtrain clips up! Head on over and check it out asap! Man, I'm so excited for that series :eek:. I really want those boxing gloves :(.

Yesterday was a rest day. I actually spent the whole afternoon putting a dent in my Xmas shopping. There are a few last minute things I need to get, but I'm pretty much all done :D:cool:.

Justina
WTG on doing GS Chest & Tri's :eek:. You should really try that cardio kickbox I did from youtube. It's only 40min, and it really did impress me. I like the trainer too -- Chris Freyteg is her name I believe. She has her workouts avail on Collage now.

Have a good day ladies :cool:

Hi ladies!
No work out last night. Had to do a little bit of work from home.

Natasha, I will definitely check out the XTrain clips. I'm interested to see what the training is like. I watched the kickboxing video on Youtube, the trainer is pretty awesome! I can't wait to give it a go. Maybe I'll do it tonight....

I'm almost done with Christmas shopping. Hope I don't forget anyone and have to spend time at the store on Christmas Eve. :)

Have a good day!

Justina

Hello everyone :)

Busy week for me getting all my Christmas presents in order. I'm almost done except for a few last minute things.

Today we went to Chuck E Cheese. Bella had lots of fun :).

My workout yesterday was CF Triple Tabata + 4DS Shoulder's, Bi's & Tri's. Today's w/o was HR (lower body premix) + 20min of Low Max.

I'm really excited for Xtrain!!!! The video clips look friggin' awesome :eek:.

Justina
Did you try the kickbox workout? The trainer, Chris Freytag, has lots of youtube video's. I really like her :). She has a fantastic body.
Hope your studying is going well :).

5 more days to go! Have a good evening :)

Hi Natasha,
My kids love Chuck E Cheese too! They go wild and I go broke. :D
Haven't been sitting down to study since last weekend. Work has been very busy this week and will be this way for awhile. I will strive to study one hour every day before I start doing my work. I get in the office early; usually by 7:30 am. If I'm lucky I can squeeze in another hour after dinner when I get home. Right after that I need to work out. I have been slacking big time on the workouts. It's awful. :eek: My pants feel more snug now. After Christmas I will start to eat better again. :D
Do you have family over for Christmas? We do our Christmas thing the morning of, and then we head to my in laws.

Hi Nancy, hope all is well!

Have a good day!

Justina

Hello everyone :)

I hope all you ladies are doing well :).

My w/o yesterday was a mix I did in the blender: HR & STS TB Chest & Back + TTM Solid Step + Step Tabata. The whole w/o came in at around 70min. I had the time and energy, so why not?

Anyone purchase the pink Everlast gloves Cathe uses in Hard Strikes? Also, who has the blue resistance band? I notice Cathe always has at least 1 or 2 *new* fitness goodies in her new releases :D. Add that to my list along with a spin bike, a Troy Lite, more weights, more video's, more, more, more! At least it's an addiction that will keep me healthy...and broke lol ;).

Justina
We are spending Christmas Day at my family's house, then Boxing Day at my in-laws in Hamilton. Mark works on Christmas Eve, so that day is a write-off.
Xtrain will arrive just in time for you to start working out again :eek:. We can all do it together! Oh happy day :D.

Bye bye for now :cool:

Hi Natasha & Justina!
I'm sorry I've been MIA! I've been getting ready for our trip up to Michigan for the Holly Day and have been swamped! Right now I'm in Columbus, Ohio getting ready to hit the hot tub because I have Natasha's favorite kind of DOMS: CSDOTT (can't sit down on the toilet! :p)! This is day 2 of it! I did STS legs #20 on Thursday and PUB yesterday (the chest is starting to kick in!). Anyway, today was a rest day and I needed it!
On a side note, I baked up some Mexican Hot Chocolate snickerdoodles (I think from Chocolate Covered Katie) and they blew me away!!!! Super chocolatey with a hot cayenne pepper kick! I can't wait to share these with my family!
We'll be in MI tomorrow and driving back home on the 26th. I'll try to keep up with you ladies, tomorrow is S&G!!!!
BFN>>>>;)

Happy Christmas Eve Eve Natasha & Justina :p!
I stuck to my guns and did S&G today and I am SO glad! It felt great! Tomorrow I will only have time for CF low impact Tabata at the crack of dawn before the crazy festivities kick in! I will get to visit with my Mom in the morning/early afternoon and then we'll be having an early dinner with my DHs family. Christmas Day will be Travel Fit in the morning and then going to my Mom's in the early afternoon. Then we'll start a progressive party to each of 3 brother's houses and we'll all end up at my sister's house for our family party 1.5 hours away. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
What workouts do you guys have planned for tomorrow and Christmas Day???
PS Is anyone else succumbing to the call of Christmas Cookies????:eek:

Happy Christmas Eve & Christmas Day everyone :)

We've been pretty busy lately just wrapping-up (lol, no pun intended) all of our Christmas stuff. Tomorrow we go to my aunts house for Xmas and then Boxing Day we go to the in-laws in Hamilton. Yes Nancy, I will succumb to delectable Christmas goodies :p. I'm pretty good though, I won't ever-do it, and will usually have a little bit of everything. I have a rule that if I feel "stuffed", then I know I ate too much. If I pace myself, I usually don't end up feeling that way. I will also try my hardest to stick to my w/o's this week and next. If it's nice out on Christmas, I will take a lovely walk around the neighborhood and who ever wants to come along, they can (most don't :().

My w/o yesterday was MMA Fusion. Today I'm contemplating if I want to start a S&H week, or just do a couple of total body weight training workouts instead to burn more calories. We'll see...

I bought a High Step!!! It will arrive after Xmas though :(. Step-ups, HERE I COME!

Gotta jet!!! You ladies have a wonderful holiday :). Hope Santa treats you well ;).

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas :)

Presents, food, fun, tired. That was my day :D.

I did a workout yesterday morning: STS M2 Legs D4. DH's buddy gave back his 25lbs dumbbell's and I used them for this workout. WOW. My legs (and forearms!) were toast.

On Monday I did Travel Fit. OMG, I was just reading your post Nancy to respond and saw you did it too! I swear I did not set that up!

Nancy
Your w/o have been great these past few days :eek:. Your snickerdoodles sounded DELISH :p. What Xtrain w/o will you try first? I'm SUPER excited for DD (download day). That's tomorrow :eek::eek::eek:.
BTW, happy you got CSDOTT :D. Yes, that is my fav DOMS.

Justina

Hope you had a great Xmas with your family :). Were they happy with Santa's gifts? Wait, do they still believe in Santa?

Bye bye for now :cool:

Hi Nancy, Natasha!
Hope you ladies had an awesome Christmas holiday! We sure did! Yes, I had plenty of cookies and treats. Unlike you though, I did not work out reguarly. :D I did Gym Style Premix (Back and Biceps) last night and that was it. You ladies are definitely more disciplined than I am.
Wow Nancy, your parties sound like so much fun. The only work out I did on Christmas day was cleaning up after the kids after they unwrapped the gifts and tossed boxes and wrapping paper all over the house. :D They had a great time though. I have to try that snickerdoodles receipe. Where did you get it from?
What! so everyone got XTrain already? I haven't received mine in the mail. Bummer. I better go check the status.
Natasha, hope Bella enjoyed all of her gifts! My girls know about Santa and my 2 year old doesn't. He knows who Santa is but had no idea that he brings presents.
I have to admit I'm looking forward to having CSDOTT. It has been too long. :)

Back at work today..hopefully it'll be a short day.

Talk to you soon! Have a good day.

Justina

Hi everyone! I hope all of you are as psyched for Xtrain as I am :eek:. Let's ring in 2013 with some sweat & tears ladies :cool:.

After having some issues with my download code :mad: SNM came to the rescue, and I was able to start downloading yesterday evening. Here is my review for today's w/o:

Xtrain All Out + 100 Rep Barbell Hip Thrusts!!!!

All Out - exceeded my expectations and some! No repetition, great moves, rockin' music, a lot of lactic acid in my legs, fun, sweaty. I swear Cathe must have read my mind as it truly resembled my fav Low Impact Hiit section from Intensity :D. The step section was FUN, and I was happy to see some moves from Low Max & SJP. The S&G section BURNED my legs & glutes! Only 1 set of mountain climber's which I didn't mind because it was only 1 set :D. No plank exercises, which REALLY made me want to kiss Cathe ;). Not as hard as Afterburn, but that's just fine and dandy by me. NO DREAD! Overall I give this w/o an A.

Barbell Hip Thrusts - Ha, ha, ha. HOLY MOTHER------. I started out with 30lbs thinking I was a star or something. My neck started to ache after the 30th rep, as you must keep you head up and in good alignment. I'll have to work on that. Midway through the reps I went down to 25lbs. By the 80th rep I just wanted to give up, my neck and butt were hurting so badly. I paused for a bit and continued. IT WAS KILLER! Be sure ladies to have a mirror and check your form with this one. I would also start off with a lighter #, then adjust accordingly for next time.

Yesterday's w/o was STS M2 W4 Chest, Shoulder's, Tri's. I need to plan out my rotation for Xtrain as I won't be doing the official ones Cathe has in the Xtrain manual. Some of the workouts are 80min long, and it just does not fit my schedule.

Justina
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Don't feel bad for putting your w/o's in the back-burner during the holiday's. It's such a busy time, and I would think especially for you since you have 3 kids and a f/t job. Really, I don't even know how you have time to brush your teeth.
When are you planning to start Xtrain? It's such a versatile program. Definitely geared for everyone (all ages, genders), especially those with busy lifestyles.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Natasha, Nancy,
wow, what busy few days. I'm working from home today. I think I only went in the office one day in the past week. :D Thanks to work/balance flexibility.
Natasha, I'm so gald you're enjoying Xtrain so far! I'm looking forward to it. I need it to work off the extra pounds! I'm guessing I need to check on my order since I have not received the DVDs. Barbell Hip Thrusts sound interesting! Ha!
Tomorrow we are having family over for New Year's lunch. We are doing the cooking. I've got work cut out for me. I will be making an apple pie along with other dishes. I hope everything turns out ok. :) I have never made a pie in my entire life. I just thought it would be fun.
Nancy,
hope you're enjoying the holidays. I'm sure you are rocking the workouts like Natasha is.

Have a Happy New Year ladies! Chat with you again in 2013!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.