*** STS COOLERS week of Feb. 9 *****

Evening All

Busy day at work and I completely forgot about signing up for the RT and it took 2 hrs to sell out. Anyhow, I just registered for the waiting list so maybe there is still a chance. Problem is booking airfare at the last moment is always pricey.

Can't put my w/o room back together as I think the walls need a 3rd coat of paint. The painter won't be back until maybe Wednesday. I'm going to start back in on my CLX rotation Wed. so will have to move all my weights back into my livingroom in the meantime. Tonight I did Turbo Jam Fat Blaster - a 30 min HIIT workout and a few minutes of Mari Winsor's Pink Pilates UB workout but not enough time to complete it b/4 24 started at 9pm.

Ooh, just got my Cathe email notification of my registration. I'm invoice #115 so if 10 people drop out I should be in:D

Laurie - try not to go out of the house as you'll spend $$$. I always find the more time I have off work the more $$ I spent. Ehhh on the dog poop. Must be made at being left behind. I always say, dogs drool, cats rule:)

Waving hi to Jeanette and Kim.

Good morning,
Rest day yesterday, not even a walk in the afternoon as the weather wasn't too good. Last night, the power went off for a while so DH and I just spent the time talking in front of the woodstove, looking at the flames. Very nice. I did a little sewing too, before getting interrupted by the power outage. Tonite is sewing at mom's so won't be back on tonite.

Today was STS Disk 5A. A toughie, but the hardest was the barbell rows for me. I enjoyed the workout though.

Patricia, glad you got on the waiting list. Bet you get in. Back to the grind at work for you. Always tough for me. After a week, I can't even remember my phone extension at work. Have to be retrained.

Laurie, nice to hear from you. Hoping the surgery goes okay for your Mom. Will you be with her? I'm really enjoying STS. Intense for sure, but with variety.

Kim, hope you are okay. How was Disk 5 for you?

Just finished CK for cardio and now watching TBL. Yesterday I did STS #5 after dd's piano lessons.I find that I finally have the 1RMs just right making the workout so much harder. It took some tweaking the first couple of workouts but except for the kickbacks, there were perfect, doable but just barely.

DS has been struggling with his asthma the last few days, the skiing on Sunday did not help. Spoke with his dr. today and we're going to increase some of his meds.

Jeanette The rest day sounds nice, enjoying your sewing!

Patricia Last summer I looked at the road trip, but the airfare from here was crazy so I gave up on the idea. Good luck with the wait list! How many weeks do you have left on the CLX?

Laurie Good to hear from you!

Evening All

Went curling tonight. When I got there they insisted on me Skipping. Yikes, I've only done that maybe once before. Only lost by one rock so not a bad showing if I do say so myself.:p I may sign up for a team next year as i really like that it starts at 6 and over by 8'ish and its just for fun.

Kim - I'm going to start up my 3rd week of the Push phase tomorrow and complete 2 full weeks of that then begin the Lean Phase. Have not decided if I'll do 3 or 4 weeks of Lean as I'm getting anxious to start STS. Sorry to hear about DS's asthma. It must be a constant struggle. What kind of weights are you lifting with Meso 1? I don't own a BB and don't really want to go out to get one. I think I'll have to buy more DB though. I only go up to 20#s. The air fare I think will be around $500 + hotel, but I figure DH always goes away on trips so now it's my turn.

Jeanette - hey, why the power outage? LOL about the phone extension. I had a customer call me to confirm I had rec'd a credit by fax. I said yes but didn't tell her I didn't have a clue anymore what it was for:D

Laurie - how did you 2nd day off go? Hope your Mom's surgery goes well tomorrow. Did you get to the gym today? Is the family expectinga home cooked meal on the table all week? When I was on mat. leave I still never managed to do that:D

Take care all.

Just finished watching Lost and returning furniture back into the 2 rooms painted on the commercial breaks. Trying to decided how to best reorganize my workout room. Started up my 3rd week of CLX tonight so did Push Circuit 1 which is mainly tri/bi's and squats.

Tomorrow is a rest day and I'll continue to put the furniture back together. The painter came back today and repainted 1/2 my w/o room as I wasn't happy with the coverage, then he ran out of paint so has to come back. So I can only load up 1/2 the room:mad: Oh well, thats life. Have my annual check-up at the Doctors tomorrow - oh joy...

Hope all is well with everyone.

Hi ladies,
No workout for me this morning as I knew I was going to do my cardio at Garage Boys. I did Cardio Coach #6 (Candace). Good workout. Tomorrow will be Disk 6 Legs (yikes).

Patricia, hope the annual check up goes by quickly. The scooting forward on the table iwith the feet in the stirrups s just so humiliating every time... I think this is only the 1st or 2nd power outage this winter, which is good for us. It was really windy out so maybe that's what caused it. What is "skipping" in Curling?

Kim, hope your DS's asthma is under control now. My niece who is 3 years old is having lots of problems already. Feel so bad for her. I definitely felt the increase from 60% to 65%. My arms are feeling firmer. Now, if I could stay away from the candy...

Laurie, hope he surgery went well for your mother.

I'm off on Friday so will have more time to post. I've been sewing in the evenings. Have 17 blocks done now. Just 11 to go. It's looking good though.

:pGood Afternoon Coolers

Rest day for me. Tonight is DS's swimming lesson and of course Survivor:p Doctor's appt over and done with for another year. Just have to get the normal fasting blood tests done sometime next week:( The painter is back in this afternoon to finish up the job so I'll be able to re-load the room once I figure out how I want it.:eek:

Jeanette - what is it with Dr's who don't keep their office warm?. I was freezing even with keeping my socks on:rolleyes: She asked me if I was interested in having a mammogram (sp?). I said I'll wait another year b/4 I go through that. :p Skipping is the 4th position on the team. The Skip is the one at the end making all the strategic decisions, holding the broom and telling the person throwing the rock where to throw it. The Skip is only as good as the person making the shots!!:D The pressure is always on the Skip b/c they get the last 2 rocks to throw so they usually end up having to make the $$ shots.

HI to Laurie & Kim.

Good evening,
Today was STS Disk 6A. I liked this workout, was dreading it a bit, but didn't find it too bad at all. My green band broke during a part of it. It was purchased several years ago and hasn't seen but a couple times of use. I think they must get brittle after a while. My great hunting dog thought it was a gun shot when it broke and got all scared. Some hunting dog.

Tomorrow will be a cardio and abs. I'm off work so will get to sleep in a bit. I'm hoping to get to play some golf too.

Patricia, no mammogram for you? Have you had one before? They aren't too bad, usually. The skip job sounds like fun. When does softball start for you? I just got done watching Survivor. I'm enjoying watching it so far. Coach's team isn't doing too well.

Hi to Kim and Laurie too.

Kim, did you do Disk 6 yet? How were the one legged sit and stands? They weren't happening for me, but even with an assist (pretty constant), still a good exercise. Did you see the massive DB's the guys were using? I swear one of them was using 5#ers when I know I was using 12#. These guys obviously didn't do their true 1rm's.

Hope to have time to post tomorrow.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Busy week! Kid stuff most evenings, and intern's last week so completing her evaluation. I've kept on track except skipped cardio last night and will do today instead. Planning to do LowMax and the yoga abs. Yesterday I was just tired from such a busy week that I picked up pizza and watched tv (Survivor, TBL) and went to bed early. It was great giving myself permission to be lazy and not feel guilty about it. Kids have no school today so we're having a relaxing morning, I taped ER so will watch that, workout, and maybe get some housework/groceries done. Have tickets to the hockey game tonight for the family.

Netta LOL about the dog/broken band. I sure miss having a dog around. I do keep mine in a Ziploc bag with powder in it (the band not the dog). What cardio are you doing today? I like doing the 6 month rotation so I can do Cathe's 3 suggestions and then some other stuff as well. The sit n' stands really weren't happening. I don't think it was the weight, it was more my balance :confused: maybe? I was tipping over if I didn't put my foot down. DH was laughing at the guys weights as well. What the heck??

Patricia Are you adjusting well to being back at work? It's always such a relief to have that dr's appt done with for the year. I don't have a bb either and managing with weights up to #30, I use those for the 8 rep deadlifts only, I lighten when we do 15 reps. I use 25# for one are rows, and squats. I don't really have room for a bb. My coworker is very happy because her DH won his curling tournament last week and is going to the Brier (Have you heard of Jeff Stoughton?) I always feel kind of dumb because I don't follow curling.

Laurie How's you mom doing????

Good morning,
Yesterday was ALL of Rhythmic Step with 2 risers (made it tougher for sure), then did STS Yoga Abs. By the way, I burned as many calories doing that one as I did doing Cardio Coach #6 the other night on the bike. Thought that was interesting as my HR gets up higher on a CC, but of course, you rest inbetween, whereas Rhythmic Step is steady state and doesn't let up much. Just got done with Disk 4B. I think I did better with it this time around. My shoulders feel a bit stronger. My left is a lot weaker than my right. Yesterday was golf (9 holes) with a couple of friends. A nice day and good company. I'd like to go out again today, but need to vacuum and dust. Will see what DH wants to do. He's snoozing on the couch with one dog tucked right up against him right now.

The quilt is coming along nicely. Think we will be putting the 28 blocks together on Tuesday night. I have a couple more blocks to finish, then some border blocks. I'm enjoying the sewing in the evening, though it keeps me off of the computer, not a bad thing.

Kim, how was the hockey game? I know what you mean about being tired. By Thursday, I'm looking for the couch in the evenings and looking forward to a sleep in morning. I watched Cathe TV about the Sit and Stands and tried some without a weight and I could do them. Of course, my legs weren't fatigued. I'll have to pick up a light weight and see if I can do that. It just was NOT happening for me the other morning. Which STS abs do you like the best? So far, I think it's the plates and weights for me. I've done all of them now. Did you get Lowmax done? That is a GREAT workout, IMO.

Hi Patricia and Laurie,

Just finished MIC and ab circuits (pilates) I was trying to remember your nickname for MIC, Jeanette?? So far, I like the pilates abs the best maybe because they don't seem as hard as the others ;) I actually haven't tried the stability ball abs yet. Low Max left me with slight DOMS yesterday.

I think Disc 4 is actually my favourite workout so far. I'm really enjoying STS, all the varietyl

The hockey game was good! Our local hockey team is doing very well and they won 4-0. We dropped off dd and picked up my nephew as dd is not much of a hockey fan.

Patricia, have you been watching the curling on tv this weekend. DS has been glued to it! Hopefully Jennifer Jones wins tonight!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Kim

Evening Coolers

Time just seems to be just flying by some days. Friday I had 2 moles removed, one on my back and one at my hairline at my cheekbone. The freezing HURT:mad: The one on my face, the DR put a stitch in so I have to go back to my family DR to have it removed next Fri. The Dr doesn't think there is any cause for concern from what he took so that sounds good. We had really bad weather here on Fri. and DS's pre-school closed so I ended up being home with him. Thankfully, I was able to arrange for a play-date so DS got someone to play with and I had some nice adult company. Sat. I had to work 1/2 day as the Hospital was giving Donor tours of the hospital that we're building so I spent 4.5hrs walking around our jobsite helping out. We had an older woman collapse from exhaustion as each tour was about an 1hr and up & down some stairs so probably just too much for her. I'm glad there was a nurse on the tour so I only had to go and fetch a car to bring it close to an entrance for her to walk out. We went out in the afternoon looking for an arm chair for DH. We've been looking for one for a year or so and just can't find one we like. They're all so bulky and ugly. DS woke up with a fever today so I can't take him to pre-school tomorrow and DH's grandfather died yesterday so he'll be off work on Wed. for the funeral so I guess I'm taking Mon. off. He was in his early 90's and his health really just started to fail in the last year or so.

I worked out Fri. Night. Did Push Circuit #2 along with Extreme Abs but after walking in const. boots for 4.5hrs Sat. I was just not up to any w/o. As it was I was asleep by 9pm:eek: Today I did Push Circuit #3
and Ab Burner.

Jeanette - BB starts up sometime in June I would expect, maybe even May. I spoke to my physio therapist on Fri. as my arm was just killing me and so far he says I'm okay to contine with what I'm doing. I mentioned that I play 2nd base so he knows I have to throw a lot. I just don't want to not be able to play ball. Cudos to you on the 2 risers. I think I'm going to have to get a step w/o in this week as I'm missing it. You're close to doing the actual quilting now? Where will you be doing that part? Are you having any back or neck problems from all the bending over that I imagine you must be doing? Hmm, what was the longest you went with out playing golf this winter? I want your winters...

Kim - I tried to watch the curling last night but just could not stay awake. When I started seeing double I called it quits for the night.:p Hopefully your week will go easier now or do new interns start up? Nope, never heard of Jeff? I don't follow curling too much. I find when I play a sport I really follow it on t.v. but once I stop then I don't care to watch it so much. BB is the exception. After the strike in the 90's I never watch it anymore, not even the World Series. Anyhow, I much rather being playing the sport then watching it.

Well, off to watch Amazing Race.

Oh, got all caught up on Survivor. yeah, Coach's team not doing so hot. It sure is interesting watching it when you "know" someone.

Laurie - hope all is well with you and your Mom is okay. Are you back to work on Monday?

Have a nice all.

Hi Coolers,
Tomorrow is my rest day, which I'm very much looking forward to. Yesterday afternoon, I rode my bike as I thought today's ride would be out. It was nice. Woke up this morning and I decided to do a bike ride into town. I rode in and had a coffee at Starbucks. No one else showed (weather was threatening rain), so I left and rode on home. Got rained on, but not hard enough to put my jacket on. Was a good ride anyway. Got home and did STS Abs (Plates & Weights). Stayed busy all day between sewing more blocks (just about finished), watching NASCAR and doing laundry.

Patricia, hope the moles are harmless. I had something show on the back of my calf the other day, but it's all gone now. DH thought it was just a pimple. I was reading on Video Fitness that the Lean part of Chalean Xtreme is where a person sees the weight come off (or at least look leaner). Re: the quilt, we will start sewing the blocks together on Tuesday night. Then I think we make the borders. After that comes laying the batting on and basting it with the backing. Then comes the machine quilting. I'll just be doing something simple with my machine. Reminds me that I need to buy a walking foot for the quilting part. Must get on Ebay. There is a lot of pinning with this particular pattern, that's where most of the time is spent. I usually put my feet up on another chair so that my back is supported. Before I figured that out, my back would get tired. Well May is not that far off for playing baseball. You hadn't mentioned about your arm bothering you recently. Sorry to hear that. Has surgery ever been suggested?

Kim, I too am enjoying STS. I struggle with the 65% so it makes me wonder what 70% will be like??? I like all of the Abs workouts, though I'm a little surprised that some are easy for me. Not the stability ball pike things. Those are tough, especially the one legged ones. I did okay with the paper plates today, though I'm sure I'm modifying so much that I don't even resemble what Cathe and crew are doing.

Must go now. Will probably check in Tuesday.

Morning!

Sorry about last week ladies, but the wallpaper removal turned into a bigger project than I had anticipated. It took me three days to determine that I had actually gotten all the glue off the walls. I will never again put wallpaper on my walls. But the kitchen really looks great. And my dog is only slightly a different color on her tail!:rolleyes: LOL! That was fun trying to make sure that I got the dog hair off the wall after she brushed up against the wall. :confused:

My workout today was Chest, Back, Legs and Abs.

Laurie

Afternoon All

Well, I'm home for the day. DS didn't have a fever when he woke up but by noon hr it was back. Not too high though so that's good but you can hear the cold when he talks. Most likely I'll be home tomorrow too. I'm thinking of going in to work tonight for a few hours as long as I'm home in time for 24:p

Good news I already got my w/o in. Burn it Off (HIIT) and Recharge (stretching). Tomorrow is suppose to be a rest day b/4 I start up the Lean phase but I may do some step, depending on how I feel and if DS gives me some free time w/o him under my feet:p:p

Laurie - I didn't know you were doing some redecorating. I can emphathize with you on the wall paper. Once I had to hire someone to take it all off as I just couldn't manage it myself. What colour did you end up painting? I saw some paint on one of my cat's ears last week. The painter said she was real interested in what they were doing and even tried to run away with the plastic tarp they used to cover the t.v.:D

Jeanette - I just reviewed the excercises for Lean and they do look harder - more balancing. I've seen some comments over on VF that they're finding this phase hard. I'm scared:eek: Should get me in good shape to get back into Cathe though. Hey, I think riding for Starbucks coffee is a great reward. I got my caramel machiatto fix when I was in Florida:D No surgery suggested yet for the shoulder. I still have great ROM. The PT just called it bicep tendonitis so I think it just a matter of trying to get the inflamation down. I was doing pretty good with icing it after each w/o then got away from it. Also, it flared up pretty good in Florida due to wearing a backpack most days and that action of tyring to get it on and off all day long just really aggravagted it. Have a good rest day.

Waving hi to Kim

Just a quick flyby post from me. Monday is always busy with piano lessons after work but just finished Disk 5 for the second time, and I'm feeling a good burn.

Patricia, Hope ds is feeling better soon! Poor little guy!

Laurie When we bought this house (1992) everything was wallpapered which was the style then I really loved the decorating. Over the years as we have redecorated, we have a horrendous time taking down the walllpaper as the previous owners put the wallpaper right on the drywall :rolleyes: so when you peel the wallpaper off comes the drywall. I'm never wallpapering! What a great arm workout for you!! Any pics of the paint job??

Jeanette Hope you're enjoying your rest day!

Kim

Good morning Coolers!

Just finished STS #5B, good workout. Sewing tonite so no posting time. Excited to see the quilt top come together.

DH pulled his calf muscle really badly last night. Not doing anything, really. It went "pop" and he thought he someone had actually hit him from behind really hard. He can barely walk on it. We iced and elevated it. He is staying home from work today. May go to the dr. too. We'll see. My sister is dropping off some crutches this morning. Of course, I was a good wife and ran and got beer for him whenever he asked for it. Hey, it's the least I could do. Sounds like a pulled calf muscle. Similar descriptions with the "pop".

Must run, hi to Kim, Patricia and Laurie. Will check back in later.

Morning!

Today I will be going to the gym for a run on the TM and some core work. I was a good wife/mother this morning, got my slow cooker working away making BBQ beef. :D Have to do this method, because my cooking time is getting shorter and shorter with DD starting track season.

Patricia, Oh yes that is what I did on my forced vacation. What a project! I painted the kitchen a yellow, which in the Bear paint line was called applesauce. Cami got some primer on her tail, and butt. We had my DB's dog for that week while they where in FL, and the two dogs where playing. I thought I had every avenue covered, but those dogs are slippery.:eek: When are you starting your STS rotation? How is the CLX rotation going?

Kim, We had friends that had that same problem when taking wallpaper off their walls. My dh was the one who put up the wallpaper in our house, and he had put primer up before hand. So we didn't have to deal with the paper pulling the drywall cover off! That really would have been a terrible mess. I will get some picks of the kitchen tomorrow morning, because the sun shines into that room in the mornings and makes it look warm. Of course I'm going to have to have dh help me load the pics. :D

Jeanette, I saw some of the pics of the quilt top, and it looked wonderful. Glad you are having such a great time with your project. Yep I would say that is what happend to your dh, sounds like what happend to me when I pulled my hamstring!

Laurie

Afternoon All

Just a quick hello b/4 DS wakes up any minute. Today was supposed to be a rest day b/4 I start up Lean 1 tomorrow so took the opportunity to try a Firm w/o I bought last month. It's for the transfirmer so wanted to see if it was any good to use with the slanted risers. Well, it was mainly a cardio w/o on the stop and the slanted aspect was only used for some lunges so off to the donation pile it goes. It was only about 1/2hr so popped in SJ&P and did the step pre-mix only and it was fun. I am definetly missing Cathe. I've been busy trying to organise my w/o room and toy room. Might look for some cubby type shelving unit for all the toys. My main problem is all the "big" toys that really can't go on a shelf.

Laurie - Yep, starting the Lean phase tomorrow. Will do just 3 weeks then start up STS. I'm really enjoying CLX but I've read the Lean phase is the hardest, plus I think they're a little bit longer in length which isn't a bad thing as it gets me closer back to 1hr w/os in prep. for STS. I may do 1RM as it may give me any idea if I need to go out and get heavier weights. I only go up to 20's. LOL about the slow cooker. I was reading thru some of those receipes on the weekend and may get around to doing on later this week.:D Applesauce sounds like a nice colour. We have yellow too and its hard to fine something that doesn't look like Big Bird:D:D

Jeanette - wow, hope DH is able to get around. I remember taking a sports injury course years ago and that's how the described a lot of leg injuries, that you would just hear this "pop" and not even feel it until afterwards. Hope he recovers quickly. Have fun with sewing tonight.

Kim - Have fun with your w/o tonight? How are you finding keeping up with the cardio suggestions of Cathe?

Kind of a lazy workout for me today. A 30 min interval run on the tm but just nice and easy.

Patricia Isn't SJP a fun workout! Toys can drive you crazy:rolleyes:, it seems for the last 10 yrs I'm always organizing and going through toys!

Laurie Yum, on the barbq beef, I usually use the slow cooker once a week for either beef or pork, do nice to come home to after work!

Jeanette Hope dh's "pop" isn't anything serious! Are you off quilting tonight?
Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.