*** STS COOLERS week of Feb. 9 *****

Evening Coolers

Long day at Disney. Got on some rides and had fun. Just waiting for the gang to arrive from the race. Don't expect them home until midnight.

I've updated my pictures for you:

http://www.picturetrail.com/mommapew

Kim - most likely it was the same race. Did it get rained out with only 20 laps to go? It was a good day to go to Disney. We only had some spit, but if it rained out at only 1hr drive away then they got some rain:p DS freaked out in the Mickey musical one where you have to where 3-d glasses. Had to get up and leave. I think the 3-d just made it way toooo real for him. When you do Cardio Coach is it on the TM? I've told a few people at work about it as they've never heard of it. Well, I've never used it b/c I can't stand cardio machines and head phones either:D:D

Bye for now.

Hi Coolers,
Today's rainy day workout was all of Imax1. I forget what a good workout this one is. After that, I did the Pilates abs from Ab Circuits. It was a pretty quiet day otherwise, some laundry, balancing the checkbook (badly needed) and watching the Nascar race.

Yesterday, my DD and her family came over and brought steaks, a pasta dish and a cake for a Valentine's dinner for us. She's a sweetie. We had a very nice evening, and yes, I had cake and Moose Tracks ice cream.

I would normally take Monday as my rest day but due to tomorrow being a holiday, think I will do disk 2B and then take a rest day the next day. I also have Tastefully Simple party to go to at noon. There goes any clean eating.

Patricia, so you didn't go to the race yourself? Obviously the weather wasn't ideal. DH was just happy that a Ford won it. He really doesn't have a favorite driver, just likes Fords and Dodges. I'm going to go check out your pictures now. You look fantastic! Very fit and healthy! Your DS sure looks like you. He is a cutey! I like TGIF too. The town we live in is pretty small so we don't have any of those chain restaurants, only Taco Bell, McD's, Jack in the Box. How was the convertible?

Kim, the maple syrup on a stick sounds great. Gosh, so many temptations, how's a girl to have a life and eat clean? I know there will be tons of food at the Tastefully Simple party. That kept me from going out for a frozen yogurt tonite. I missed the last 2 Garage Boys sessions due to a hair appointment this week for me, and last week there wasn't a session. I spoke with one of the fellas and we should be having it on Wednesday night. I'll keep on with it until the weather/time gets good enough that I can ride outside as I much prefer that.

Good night,

Hello Everyone,

So sorry I have not been around, but I am really busy at work and at home too. I'm taking some time on my lunch break to let you all know I'm OK! Family is ok, and I will have time next week to talk to all of you. We where told about 2 weeks ago that there would be a plant wide lay-off for one week. Well that started our pre-lay-off prepare the plant. And guess what, I'm going to be layed-off for that week.:rolleyes: All good, because I will be getting 75% of my pay for the week. Have to get going!

Laurie

Nice to see Laurie, all safe and sound! One week off with a 75% pay doesn't seem like a bad deal at all!

Did Week 1 DVD 2 today along with the medicine ball abs. The boys went out to play hockey, dd and I just hanging out. I made banana bread, and previewed week 2 dvds. Will take dd to piano lessons this evening.

Thanks for sharing the pics Patricia! Are you going to more of the Disney Parks or just the Magic Kingdom?? Is ds having a blast?
Kim

Good evening,
Today's workout was STS Disk 2B. Much more organized for me. I was sore from this one last time, but the DOMS didn't hit for a couple days. Also went to a Tastefully Simple party and bought a few things. Once I got home, I decided to hop on my bike for a ride. Halfway thru it, the rain/snow started falling on me, so I shortened the ride before getting hypothermia. Tomorrow will be a rest day, then sewing in the evening at my Mom's house so I probably won't be posting tomorrow night.

Laurie, glad you got a chance to pop on here. 75% pay is good for not having to work. Is the layoff due to the economy?

Kim, how was the Med Ball abs? I did the Pilates ones yesterday and they were okay, though not as intense as the plates and weights for sure. Could I use a dumbbell instead of a med ball for it? How was the banana bread? The beer bread at the Tastefully Simple party was good. I bought a package and someone gave me a package that they won at the party. The stuff is good, but expensive. I only bought 3 or 4 things and it was $50.

Patricia, hope you are having a good time and no more rain. Enjoy the convertible!

I got home from work today and found ds doing Cathe's Boot Camp, he did the whole thing by himself! Today is a cardio day for me and I thought I would do Kenpo Cardio Plus for a change, will do that and then watch TBL. DH and ds off to the Brad Paisley concert tonight, DH got free tickets from work and I wasn't invited:(

What a day at work!:confused: My coworker who supervises the intern on Fridays decided to have the intern see 4 of her patients as she was off for a few days, this coworker had never discussed this with me. I don't really trust the intern to see patients completely on her own so most of the day I was double booked and at one point triple booked!! :confused: Not impressed with this coworker, I sent her an email, we're good friends so not really mad but needed to bring it to her attention.

Tomorrow I have a psychotic killer ( no really, he injured herself while stabbing someone) coming in from the prison tomorrow. They had to cast him as with his psychosis he wouldn't leave the postop bandages alone. So I have to remove the cast (which I hate doing), remove sutures, make him a splint and teach him excercises, and another coworker only booked me one hour. Again not impressed with this coworker (different one), if he's still psychotic, I'm going to have go really slowly and will take forever. I'm sure I'll be late leaving tomorrow. OK, enough of my whining!

Jeanette I really like the medicine ball abs, doable compare to some of the other ones. You could use a dumbbell except for the partner section. What else did you buy at the party? The banana bread is all gone already :p I love banana bread dough. YUM! Have fun sewing!

Patricia Hope you're having fun! Check in when you can!

Darn it all just lost my post.

Anyhow, we've been busy. Went to Seaworld yesterday then Busch Gardens today. Even got to St. Petersburg for dinner. Tomorrow we're planning on going to the Kennedy Space Ctr and Daytona Beach so we will have been to 2 coasts on this trip.:p

Kim - not sure if we're going back to Magic Kingdom b/4 we leave. I think we going to get to another Disney park for sure b/4 we leave but have not decided which one. One of them has the "Cars" exhibit which we need to get to b/c DS knows about it:p Hope your day isn't too bad tomorrow:confused: Sometimes you have to point out to people their actions but it can be hard to do it with out it coming across as being critical. LOL about DS doing Cathe. Maybe mine will one day too:p

Jeanette - I get that a Tastefully Simply party is a home party but what do they sell? Food? I do fine that home parties do have quality products. I used to sell Mary Kay and still love it.

Laurie - sorry to hear about the pay cut for one week. I do find that when I'm off work I spend more $$ so stay out of the malls:D No excuse for not getting to the gym next week. Too bad it didn't happen in the spring / summer:mad:

Okay, I'm tired. I have not workout out officially on this trip but all day walking has got to count for something:D:D

Sounds like getting your exercise running around Florida Patricia! When are you coming home?

I did Disc 3 today, DH did it with me. Anyone following Cathe's checkin? It's fun reading her take on STS.

I saw the guy from the jail today, still pretty unstable mentally.He really wasn't making much sense. He came in shackles and with 2 guards. One guard stayed in the waiting room and the other sat at the table with the prisoner and I. When I started changed the bandage which was really quite disgusting I thought the guard was going to pass out. :rolleyes: So she left and sat in the waiting room where both of them read magazines for almost an hour. That left me alone with a guy that killed someone 4 weeks ago and I was using a cast cutter, scissors, etc. Didn't really seem that safe to me. The more I think about it, the more I feel that I'll put in a complaint tomorrow.:mad:

I'm sending the intern to watch surgeries all day tomorrow, it'll be nice to be by "myself" for the day but as this was a last minute arrangement I will have to try and fit in her patients along with mine. I might cancel a couple.

Kim

Hi Coolers,
No workout for me this morning, but I did go to Garage Boys tonite and had a good spin. I did Cardio Coach #5, one of my favorites. Yesterday morning I tweaked my lower bad just a little so didn't want to do a leg workout this morning. We'll see how tomorrow is. Had a nice time at Mom's last night and we got 3 blocks done. Here are a couple attachments and I've also posted them to my picture trail:

Quilt photos 002.jpg

Quilt photos 003.jpg

Mind you, the blocks are just laid side by side so it will look different (points touching) once we sew them together. The pattern is called "Storm At Sea".

Kim, that just did not sound right about them leaving the prisoner with you alone. Not right at all. I would definitely report it. Mmmmm, banana bread dough. Mmmmmm, any kind of dough! When we were kids, we loved making cookies, but sure ate a lot of dough. Dad used to tell us we'd get worms. Think that was supposed to deter us from eating all that dough. Never worked and we never got worms (as far as I know) LOL! Wow, your DS doing Boot Camp! That is great!

Patricia, you sound like you are getting to do and see lots of stuff on your vacation. How fun! Yes, Tastefully Simple is packaged foods, like beer breads, bread pudding, soups, dip mixes, drink mixes, etc. The website has lots of info on it and show the products. I buy Mary Kay products regularly and have for years. Didn't know you used to sell it.

Hi Laurie, hope you get freed up to post soon.

Good morning,
STS #3B is done. My back was just fine. Never felt a tweak to it at all until the stretch done in the chair where you cross your leg over. Anyway, I did all of the workout and didn't have to modify, actually felt stronger this time thru.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Morning Coolers

Had a fun day at Daytona Beach yesterday. Didn't make it to Kennedy Space Ctr though. I've updated my pictures

www.picturetrail.com/mommapew

Jeanette - really like the design and colours of your quilt. I can't remember if you're just helping or will it be yours? Good job on your workout. I've feeling kinda of lazy here. Not missing my w/o's AT ALL:p:p I'm enjoying reading Cathe's check-in. I tried to make a go of selling MK but I seem to have a hard time taking $$ from people:D Its a lot more work then they let on especially when you already work full time. I think it takes a certain personality to do home sales (or sales of any kind).

Kim - wow, I don't think I could have been in the same room alone with that guy? Was he polite? Did he seem scary considering what he had done? Hope your day goes better today. It's Friday for you:p BTW, my co-worker who we've rented this condo from lives in Winnipeg:p:p so small world. Has DS done anymore Cathe workouts?

Threatning showers today even though it looks like it may hold off. I want to go to another park but the others want to do shopping due to the possibility of rain. Tomorrow, sunny but a chilly 16c:mad: Oh well, I'll go with the group....

Take Care,
Patricia

Oh, the beach looks so relaxing! Was it hot enough to swim?

Patricia No, I didn't find this patient scary. He was actually quite funny. Lot of times, not making much sense, not quite mentally stable. I talked with my boss, we decided not to complain to the jail but when they come in next week to ask the guards to sit next to him.

DS did Drill Max scrambled cardio with me yesterday. He had a blast with the agility and football drills. He's on a real kick to get back in shape, he notices a difference in gym/sports that he's not keeping up to the other kids. He's very competitive and used to being one of the best athletes.

Rest day for me but I think I will do some abs since I skipped them last night. My weighted vest came yesterday and I might feel the urge to try it out. Looking forward to starting week 2 of STS on the weekend.

Jeannette Be careful with that back!! You are really moving along on that beautiful quilt, who gets to keep it afterwards?? I've done lots of crafts over the years but never quilting. Is it hard to learn?

Kim

Morning All

Off to Hollywood Studios in a minute. Have to get DS's picture with Lightning & McQueen:p:p Sunny and hi of 19c today :(

Went to Kennedy Space Ctr yesterday. I think that place is one of the best attractions here.

Kim - where did you get the vest? I've only been to Walmart here and they don't have any Cathe stuff. The 2 malls that we've been to don't have any sporting equipment stores:( so have not been able to browse much for that stuff. Was really interested in lifting hooks. Will have to search them out at home now I guess.

Waving hi to Jeanette and Laurie.

My sister phoned me from Minneapolis last weekend and had found some weighted vest down there. I ended up ordering from cost.ca which was cheaper than the USA and came in 4 days.
Have fun at the Studios!

Hi Coolers,
Didn't get to check in yesterday, went over to Mom's after work and she and I put together a couple quilt blocks. Yesterday's workout was Low Max and STS med ball abs, which I substituted with a DB instead of the med ball. Oh yes, I picked up my Cathe weight vest at Walmart yesterday. No workout this morning as I got to bed late last night and I'll be leaving to go to Reno with a girlfriend to golf this morning. I'm hoping I can do Disk 4A tonite. We'll see. I had DOMS from Disk 3b yesterday. Hams and glutes primarily.

I hope to check in tonite.

Patricia, I ordered my vest from the Walmart website and had it shipped to a store for free. Otherwise, it's not available on the shelf at Walmart.

Morning Coolers

Sitting at the airport and just waiting for our plane to board. Got through the check-in and security quick. Glad to have internet access as it sure makes the time fly quick. Hope to be home around 6pm. Will have to make sure we stop for milk so we can have breakfast:p

So both of you have the vest now. So jealous.

Have a good Sunday all.

Patricia, of course I had a typo, I bought the vest from costco.ca Have a safe journey home!

Jeanette Have fun golfing!

Yesterday I did Disc 4 for the first time, I really enjoyed it and managed all the push ups. A little sore today. Went shopping in the afternoon while dd was at a birthday party, bought myself another pair of Lululemon sweat pants. I find the ones I got for Christmas so comfortable to wear around the house!!

DH and I actually went out for supper with friends last night, my MIL came over to kidsit. Lots of fun! Busy today with church, going cross country skiing in the afternoon and then going with my sister in the evening to see Shopaholic, the movie. The skiing will be mine cardio for the day but plan to put in some abs at some point.

Kim

Good morning Coolers,
Let's see, Friday's workout was Lowmax for 45 minutes with 2 risers, with STS med ball abs tacked on. I used an 8# DB. Yesterday's workout was STS Disk 4A. It was definitely tougher with 65% of max. I may have to go to Walmart and see if they have any 1# wrist weights. The ones I have are leaking sand out onto the carpet. They probably aren't nearly 1# anymore LOL!

My golf game didn't happen yesterday as my friend's DH called yesterday morning to report that she had the flu. Instead, I went to Reno and purchased a new Bernina Activa 220 sewing machine, which I played with last night. Now maybe DH will get his jeans patched? It definitely will go thru some thick material, I was impressed. Today I plan on sewing a couple more blocks. The weather is drizzly out so no group bike ride this morning. I'll do some kind of cardio and abs.

Kim, I enjoyed STS 4A myself too. My scapular region is sore this morning, I believe from the bow and arrow band exercise that was very good. I'm still doing those pushups on my knees. I just don't want to injure my shoulders as that seems to be where I feel it when I do pushups. Okay, I'm a slacker, but I figure even on my knees, it's got to be doing some good anyway. Hope you enjoy the movie today and the skiing. That's what I should do, but I think I'll be sewing this afternoon instead. Plus a little house cleaning, which is bady needed.

Patricia, good flight vibes going out to you, though you may even be home by now. Sounds like a very nice time was had on your vacation. You pack a lot in. Our vacations are more just staying in one place and relaxing, with no $$$ spent. Think sitting around the campfire, wondering what will be for dinner. LOL! When does the baseball season start for you? I'm sure ready for spring to burst forth.

Must go now, tomorrow is my rest day. Another 4 day work week as I have a Furlough Friday this week.

Well home safe and sound. It was a pretty uneventful trip thankfully:p We landed around 1pm and thru customs quick which is always a good thing. We had some snow to drive thru but did not slow us down. We drove up to our house at 5:30 and couldn't get in to the driveway due to all the snow:mad: So ordered Chinese and while DH snow blowed it out DS and I played in the snow:p:p

Did most of the laundy b/4 we came home so just mainly unpacking to be done and start putting furniture back in the 2 rooms we had painted. My work out room / toy room - I'm happy with the colour but I think it needs another coat so will have to call the painter back:mad:

I'm thinking of going on Cathe's RT this year? Anyone interested? I was thinking registration was today at 1st but now I see it's tomorrow. Decisions, decisions....

Kim - not certain if I've heard of the movie. Hope it was good though. My x-country skiis have not been unpacked since we moved here:p and I live close to the Nordic ski school. One day I might get there. I want to try to new skating skiing as my boots / skiis are the old style ones with the 3 prongs.

Jeanette - yep, it was an expensive trip. DH and I were just trying to guess how much we actually spent since we've payed for most of it last fall between airfare and accomodations. We saved by renting a condo and ate all breakfast and some dinners at home. I was just thinking next time we will build rest days beside the pool in (weather permitting of course) or just go back to the same park as some of them let you back in for free if you came back with in 7 days. How tall are you to use 2 risers? I used to in my 20's but I think that was what gave me a bad back all the time. I'm 5' 6". Hmm, have you heard of iron on patches for those jeans:p:p A friend gave me her sewing machine and I never had it out of its box for about 5 years and it was my Mom who used it here to hem some curtains. I don't know what I'll do when she is no longer around:p:p

I forget to thank you Jeanette for the nice compliment of being slim and fit. Well, my jeans that I got back into b/4 my trip were snug on the way home. Will have to get back on track tomorrow. Too afraid to step on the scale:rolleyes:

Laurie - hope all is well.

Watching the Academy Awards now. Take care

Morning,

Well I don't know if I can catch every post, but here I am all by myself in my house. In a way it is a bit lonesome. :eek: Already this morning I got some errands done. Barnes & Knoble (for a DVD set that was 40% off), the gym (got my 3 miles done), and Target for a vacuum cleaner bag for my Dirt Devel. :D

Everything is good with my family, well maybe DD's bf broke up with her. :D But other boys are waiting in the wings. :( My mother is going in for her knee replacement surgery on Wednesday, and she seems to be ready for it. :) We are taking care of my brothers Scottie, and the only place she seems to be able to poo is in the house. I just put her outside when I got home too! :mad:

How is everyone liking their STS?

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.