Strength in Numbers

This morning I did Ride. Getting ready to take Ozzie to chemo. Hopefully we continue to hear good news today.

Cheryl Great job on STS D24 Back and Biceps and yard work and dragon boating! Has Tango ever been around a dog? We had a cat for a few months several years ago (while DH’s sister moved). The cat didn’t like our dog at the time even though he just wanted to love her. Eventually they ended up snuggling together. It was cute. Great job on FT BC and being lazy! So glad I am not the only one that has lazy days.

Have a great day!

Julie Great work on Ride. I hope everything goes well with Ozzie's chemo. Tango has been around dogs. He is fine with them unless the start lunging and barking at him, then he gets a bit upset. I think Tango would eventually snuggle with the dog too. He used to snuggle with Tigger one of our other cats all the time.

This morning was Imax 2. We had quite a rain storm this morning but it cleared up in the afternoon so I took advantage of that and went out for a walk. Then I came back and cleaned up the leaves that had blown off the trees.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Tuesday the vet called and said they couldn’t give Ozzie his chemo because his liver enzymes were elevated. The did say his tumors had shrunk and he was bright, alert, and seemed to have more energy which was good news. I am giving him a liver supplement and they are going to retest him next Tuesday and see if the enzymes are down and he can get the chemo. Yesterday I went back to the dentist about my tooth. It is actually feeling so much better. Almost 100% back to normal. He said that for now it looks like I get to keep my tooth but if it flares up again, I need to schedule to have it removed. So far I dodged that bullet. This morning I did MetaCardio Upper. It was really tough. My arms were burning and my lungs were huffing and puffing.

Cheryl Great job on Imax 2! Did you count the jeannie hops like Pam? That is great you were able to get a walk in. I was able to walk to the dentist yesterday which felt so nice. It was right around 70 so perfect temps. Well that is good that Tango is good around dogs. It can always be tricky with dogs though. Some like cats, some don't. Some want to play rough with them and some want to snuggle.

Have a great day!

Hi ladies,

You have been doing a great job keeping up with your workouts. I’m so glad that you don’t have to have your tooth pulled Julie! We had a long few days. It took about 14 hours to drive to Michigan, but my mom did pretty well. She fell going into the church on Saturday though and has s big shiner now. The service was very nice and it was good to see a lot of the family. On Sunday we took my mom to Canada to see some of the people who weren’t able to come on Saturday and to see our old cottage and where her parents used to live. She didn’t recognize most of it, but was so excited to get back to Canada and said she had a great day. Monday was the 14 hour drive back and I drove for about 8-9 hours of it so was exhausted. Tuesday I did Bootcamp and just got caught up around the house. Wednesday I went for a 20 mile bike ride with my girlfriend and this morning I did High Step Challenge. Today will be yard work for most of the day. I also have to get my sisters apartment cleaned out at some point. I’m not really looking forward to that! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I hope the liver supplement helps get Ozzie's liver enzymes down and he can get chemo next Tuesday. That is great that his tumors have shrunk and has more energy. That is great that you don't need to get your tooth pulled. Great job on MetaCardio Upper. No I didn't count the jeannie hops for some reason I enjoy that round. It does feel good to get out and walk doesn't it. Especially when you are at a desk all day.

Pam I am happy that the service for your sister went well. Sorry about your mom falling, she is lucky that it was only a shiner that she got. So nice that your mom got to go back to Canada to see family and where she used to live. A 14 hour car ride is a long day, I bet your were exhausted. Great work on Bootcamp, your 20 mile bike ride and High Step Challenge.

Yesterday I was really sore high up in my inner thigh. I have no idea what I did so I decided to do segments 1 and 3 of Stretch Max. Then we went grocery shopping and then was lazy for the rest of the day. It was raining so hard yesterday that we didn't want to go outside at all. This morning my thigh was better so I did Slide and Glide. Then we went to the hospital so visit my dad. He was admitted on Tuesday because he couldn't get out of bed because he was in so much pain. He has prostate and bone cancer and it is spreading. The doctors have gotten the pain under control so he should be released tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did MetaCardio lower body. Oh boy was this one tough. Not so much leg strength but definitely cardio intensive which I need. I am so happy it is Friday too. It feels like it has been a long week.

Pam Long drives can definitely take a lot out of you. At least me it can, even if I am just a passenger but driving is a lot more exhausting. I am glad that the service went well and you were able to have your mom there and extend the visit. I hope your mom heals quickly. That is scary seeing an older person take a fall. Is your mom originally from Canada and moved to the US? Great job on Bootcamp, your 20 mile bike ride, and HSC!

Cheryl That is always frustrating when you don’t know why something hurts. Makes it hard to look out for something in the future that could cause the same issue. I am glad it was feeling better after SM 1 & 3 and being lazy! Great job on S&G! Oh I am so sorry about your dad having to go to the hosptial. Battling two cancers has to be rough on the body.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Dont you just hate it when you have pain and you have no idea why?! You were smart to do stretch max. Great job on slide and glide, I’m glad your thigh was feeling better. So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he was able to go home and is doing better.

Julie Great job on MetaCardio lower body. My mom and dad were both born in Canada and moved to the US after they got married.

This morning I went on a 30mile bike ride with my girlfriend and one of her friends. It was the perfect day for it, we didn’t freeze like we did on Wednesday, it I was really tired all afternoon. I worked in the yard all day yesterday and I think that I was already worn out from that. I hope you have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on MetaCardio Lower Body. Enjoy your weekend after your long week.

Pam Great job on your 30 mile bike ride. I bet you were worn out with all of your yard work.

Yesterday I tried to do Cardio Supersets. My inner thigh was bothering me again and it was difficult to do some of the moves. I got in to see the doctor yesterday and had an x-ray done to see if there was anything. I won't find out anything until Wednesday since my doctor is retiring at the end of December and she only works Wednesday to Friday. Friday night I went to a Ladies Night at a local Health Food Store that I won tickets to. It was a lot of fun and I brought my neighbour along with me. Today I didn't have time for a workout since I was going with friends to the West Coast Women's Show. There were a lot of vendors there and it was a lot of fun too.

Cheryl

Wow this weekend seemed to fly by. Saturday I did Tabatacise rounds 4 & 5 and MetaCore and MetaMobility. After that it was running errands and doing chores. Sunday I did MetaCardio lower body again and it was tough again. Then I was lazy the rest of the day and binge watched Netflix. This morning I did MetaCardio upper body. I am hoping this time that I don’t have some elbow and wrist pain like I did last time after doing that one.

Pam Great job on your 30 mile bike ride! That’s good that you didn’t freeze again. Our temps are turning colder and colder. I think I will need to break out my winter clothes soon.

Cheryl Great job on CSS! I’m sorry that your inner thighs were still bothering you. I know slide work always seems to get my inner thighs for some reason. Hopefully the x-ray doesn’t show anything major. Sounds like you have been having a blast going to some really cool events.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on CSS. I hope it is nothing serious with your thigh, immersion that yso u have to wait so long to get the results. I’m so worried that my Doctor will be retiring soon. She is the best Doctor I have ever had, but she has also cut back to part time. The ladies night and women’s show bo5 sound like fun!

Julie Great job on tabatacise and metacore, metamobility, and metacardio lower and upper body! Are you watching anything good on Netflix? We’re always looking for good series.

I headed to the beach on Saturday morning so I didn’t have any workouts for a couple of days. My girlfriend and I did go for a 3 mile walk on Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning we went to a fall arts and crafts festival. It was fun to walk around and the weather was beautiful. My SIL and her son were in town over the weekend, so we had dinner with them when I got back last night. This morning was To The max and it just about killed me. I was happy to get to the compound leg work. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on Tabatacise rounds 4 & 5 and MetaCore and MetaMobility, MetaCardio Lower Body and MetaCardio Upper Body. I hope that you don't get any elbow and wrist pain.

Pam Good job on your 3 mile walk. A arts and craft festival sounds like fun. Nice that you could enjoy some time with your SIL and nephew. Good work on TTM.

Yesterday morning I did some yoga and then we just did some errands. This morning I did Tabatacise rounds 1 - 5 but I did do some modifications. There was no way I could do the tuck jumps so I just did some jacks instead. Later in the morning my doctor's office called to say that there was nothing on the x-ray but I am to go to physio. My thigh is doing better so I think I am going to try stretching and foam rolling first to see if that helps before I make a physio appointment. I will give it a week and if nothing improves then I will go. In the afternoon I went for a walk and then did segment 1 of stretch max and foam rolling.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Cycle Sweat. This still isn’t my favorite spinning workout but I think I am liking it a little more each time I do it. Today I will be taking Ozzie to get his liver checked and if everything is ok, they will give him a dose of chemo. Hoping for healthy liver results!

Pam How fun to spend a few days. Good job going for some walks. Did you find anyting good at the arts and crafts festival? Glad you got to spend some time with your SIL and her son. Great job on getting through TTM. That one is always tough for me but I sure know what you are talking about being happy to get to the compound leg section. Right now I am watching Supernatural. I’m only about halfway through season 2 out of 12 on Netflix and the 13th on TV. I like it but it is kind of that dorky sci fi genre. I think I can say it is dorky if I like it?

Cheryl Good job on yoga and Tabatacise with modifications. Whatever keeps your heart up works. Well I guess that is good there wasn’t anything on the x-ray so maybe just a pulled muscle? Hopefully the stretching helps and you don’t have to go to physio. So far no wrist or elbow pain so it might have been a fluke or just my getting used to a new workout.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on yoga and tabatacise. I’m glad that there was nothing on the X-ray, I hope that you are able to work it out with your stretching and rolling!

Julie Great job on cycle sweat. I don’t think I even bought that one since I hardly ever want to spin anymore. I’m hoping for good liver results for Ozzie! Of course you can say it’s dorky but you like it!

This morning I went for a 24 mile bike ride with my girlfriend and another of her friends. It was the perfect weather for a ride. Yesterday afternoon my brother and I went over nd started packing up my sisters apartment. We made pretty good progress but probably have another day or two of work left. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on Cycle Sweat. I wish I had room in my workout area for a spin bike. I would really like to do spinning. I hope Ozzie has a healthy liver and can get his chemo today. Glad that you don't have any wrist or elbow pain.

Pam Great job on your 24 mile bike ride, it is so nice when the weather cooperates. I hope things continue to go smoothly with cleaning up your sister's apartment. Nice that your brother is helping you too.

This morning was RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps. In the afternoon I went for another walk and then came home and cleaned up some of the plants and raked leaves. I did some stretching on my own today. My thigh feels better today though I had a hard time sleeping last night because I couldn't seem to get comfortable. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on LIHI bsb, your walk, and stretching. I’m glad to hear that your thigh is starting to feel better, but what s bummer that it is giving you trouble sleeping. I hope it’s better tonight.

This morning was Ramped up upper body and the abs work from lean legs and abs. I’m hoping we will get things mostly finished up at my sisters today and we have my neighbors son and Carl lined up to move the furniture on Saturday morning. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Great job on RUUB and the abs from Lean Legs and Abs. That is great that you will get your sister's place done by the weekend. It is not an easy job to do.

This morning I did RWH LI HiiT 2 and bonus abs 1. Then we went grocery shopping. In the afternoon I went for a walk again and then did Stretch Max Segment 2. My thigh feels like it is about 90% better. It was easier sleeping last night and I hope tonight will be better.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Tuesday, Ozzie’s appointment went great. His liver was doing better so they were able to do his chemo treatment. He goes back in 3 weeks. This morning I did MetaMatrix Upper. The metaset cardio in between rounds was probably the easiest yet. It was a karoake step which was new to me and I probably didn’t do it 100% right but I did something. The weight rounds in between were not always so easy. The last round was alternating 20 seconds burpees with 20 seconds lateral bear crawls with no rest in between for 3 minutes. That was tough. I am taking tomorrow off work (hopefully) and going to try to get some things done at home. I have to make DH some meals to store in the freezer and I need to organize our pantry and kitchen storage areas. Always something to do!

Pam Great job on your 24 mile bike ride! You can send some of that perfect weather my way if you want. It is really cold here right now and I know this is just the start. That’s great that you got pretty far on your sister’s apartment. Great job on RUUB plus LLA abs! Good luck on getting the rest of the apartment cleaned out.

Cheryl Great job on RWH LIHI BSBis and your walk and yard work later in the day! Glad your thigh is feeling better but that stinks about the sleep. You must have really done something to it to have it keep you up at night. Great job on RWH LI HiiT 2 plus bonus abs 1 and your walk and SM2! 90% better is getting there. Hopefully just a few more days and you will feel back to 100%. I have to move my spin bike to a corner of the room when I am not using it and then move it back out when I need to use it. I have dreams of having like a huge garage with separate areas for all my toys.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Great job on LI hiit 2 and bonus abs, your walk, and stretch max. I'm glad that your thigh is doing so much better, I bet the stretching is helping it!

Julie So glad to hear that Ozzie's appointment went so well, I know that must have been a huge relief for you and your DH. Get job on MetaMatrix Upper. What the heck is karoake step? Do you sing while you are doing it?;) Burpees and bear crawls for 3 minutes sounds kind've like torture! I hope you have a good day off!

This morning I did Power Max. An oldie but a goodie. I love the scrunchies and the thong leotards too! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie That is great that Ozzie's liver is doing better and he could get his chemo treatment. Good work on MetaMatrix Upper. What the heck is a karoake step? Yuck burpees and bear crawls are always tough. I hope you get tomorrow off work.

Pam Great job on Power Max. It is so funny to look at the old outfits.

This morning I did RWH LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I felt so wimpy doing this workout especially the finishers for chest. All those pushups are so hard. After that I got all the housework and laundry done. In the afternoon I went out and finished pulling out the summer plants that have all died out and then raked up a lot more leaves. The tree has now lost 3/4 of its leaves so we are almost there with all the raking.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on LIHI CST. I hate those finishers!! You are not the only one who feels wimpy doing those. Especially the decline pushups. I think the most I have been able to do of those is 4, but it's usually less. You had a busy day. Our leaves have just barely started to fall, so I still have that fun to look forward to!

This morning for me was CLB + core 2. I have a massage scheduled for today so I am really looking forward to that! Have a great dat!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.