Strength in Numbers

Pam I wasn't even able to do one of the decline push ups. One day I will be able to do them. Great work on CLB and core 2. Enjoy your massage.

This morning was Hardstrikes. Then we went to my parents and did some yard work for them. Lots of leave to be raked up and the lawn needed to be mowed. Before dinner we went to our friends place as they lost their golden retriever Lucy yesterday. She was 13 so she lived a long happy life, but it won't be the same not having her come running over to our place for treats.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

For a 3 day weekend, I feel like it went by way too fast. Friday I did MetaMatrix Lower and it was tough. After that, I did some chores around the house and ran some errands. Saturday was To the Max step cardio and step tabata, MetaCore, and MetaMobility. Then it was more errands and chores. Sunday I did MetaMatrix Lower again and then was lazy and watched Netflix all day. This morning I did MetaMatrix Upper. I am done with my MetaShred rotation. It was awesome and so glad I purchased it. I am going to go on to a month of circuits from Cathe and then maybe revisit MetaShred.

Pam Great job on Power Max! Ha, no singing during the karoake. It is kind of like a dancy grapevine with your hips and shoulders swiveling. Hard to explain but I think it is actually a drill used in football practice. Great job on CLB + core 2! Oh I hope you enjoyed your massage. That sounds like a wonderful treat to give yourself!

Cheryl Great job on RWH LIHI CST! You are not wimpy! That is the toughest of all the upper body’s I think because of those finisher pushups. The karoake step is kind of like a dancy grapevine. It is really hard to explain but it is somewhat of a fun and very low intensity move which was a nice change of pace. Great job on Hardstrikes! Oh how sad for your neighbors and for you. It sounds like you will miss her too.

Have a great day!

Cheyl I have lots of days where I can’t do any of the decline pushups either. Great job on Hardstrikes and all of the yard work. I’m so sorry about Lucy :(. It’s so hard to lose our furry babies!

Julie it sounds like you got quite a bit done on your long weekend at least. Great job on MetaMatrix Lower, To the Max step cardio and step tabata, MetaCore, and MetaMobility, errands, chores, and MetaMatrix Lower! I think I will take a look at Metashred since you have enjoyed it so much. I know exactly what you are talking about with karaoke Step, I forgot that was what they called that.

Saturday was my rest day. We moved the furniture out of my sisters apartment and today Vietnam Vets are here picking up the donations. I’m so glad to have that finished. Yesterday morning my gf and I did our 24 mile bike ride, then I ran some errands. This morning I started Cathes October rotation with tabatacise plus core 1. I hadn’t done that one in awhile. I can’t say I was looking forward to it, but I got through it ok. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on MetaMatrix Lower, TTM, MetaCore, MetaMobility and MetaMatrix Upper. It sounds like it is an interesting series. You did have a busy weekend no wonder why it went by so fast. I remember what karoake is now too that you have explained it. I don't think I really knew the name of that move.

Pam That must have felt good to get all of the furniture moved out of you sisters apartment and to get all the donations picked up too. Good work on your 24 mile bike ride and tabatacise and core 1. I am doing the October rotation as well and started week 2 today.

Saturday morning I went dragon boating. It was a bit cool when we started out but it got a bit warmer once we were finished. In the afternoon I raked a whole lot of leaves. The tree is now bare so I am happy about that. Sunday I did RWH LIHI Legs and in the evening we went with our friends to see the new Blade Runner movie. It was pretty good. This morning I did XTrain Burn Set Bis and Tris and in the afternoon I went out for a walk. It is getting cooler around here there was frost on the ground this morning. It is suppose to be nice again tomorrow which is good since I will be outside handing out candy for Halloween.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I was so tired and really had a few brief moments when I considered staying in bed. But since tomorrow is my official rest day I dragged myself out of bed. Luckily I had spinning on tap with Pedal Power. I always feel like if I am dragging spinning is the easier workouts to do.

Pam That is great you finished up at your sister’s apartment. I am sure that is nice to have that done. Great job on your 24 mile bike ride and errands. Starting off the October rotation with a bang. Great job on Tabatacise and core 1! MetaShred Extreme was kind of expensive but I think it was worth it. If you are interested, let me know. I might have a coupon code to save you some money.

Cheryl Yea! Glad you got to go dragon boating. I am sure the season is getting close to ending though. Great job on RWH LIHI Legs! I have never seen any of the Blade Runner movies but I love Harrison Ford. Great job on Xtrain BS Bis & Tris and your walk! We had frost on Saturday and Sunday. It is right around freezing temps in the morning lately but I think we might get a little reprieve Thursday.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I guess I will be getting preview of the workouts that I have coming up from your posts. Great job dragon boating and raking. That is such hard work, I'm glad that your tree is bare now! Great job on LIHI Legs, BS Bis and Tris, and your walk. I hate it when we start getting frost. It's been such a beautiful fall though that I shouldn't complain.

Julie Great job getting up and doing PP when you had no energy. I always feel like spinning kills me! I looked up Metashred extreme yesterday, but I didn't do anything because I thought it was pretty expensive. Maybe I will put it on my Christmas wish list.

This morning was RWH LIHI Back, shoulders, and biceps. Today is my moms birthday, so my brother and nephew and I are taking her to lunch and then to get her hair and nails done. Tonight we are doing our annual fire in the cul de sac with the neighbors for trick or treating. We just bring our candy bowls out there and the kids just have to walk around the circle instead of to all of our doors. Have a great day!

Pam

Last edited:
Good morning. I hope everyone had a good Halloween! This morning was RWH LIHI Chest, shoulders, and triceps plus bonus abs 2. I'm sleepy today after being up too late. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good for you in getting up and doing Pedal Power when you were so tired. I love Harrison Ford too. I have had a crush on him since I saw him in the first Star Wars movie.

Pam Great job on RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I hope you had fun celebrating your mom's birthday. That is a great idea to have the kids walk around the circle instead of having to go door to door. Good work on RWH LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.

Yesterday I did RWH Plyo Hiit 2 and core 2. Apparently it has been quite a while since I have done one of the plyo Hiits since it almost killed me. I started out with 2 risers but had to lower it to one and even then I struggled getting through it. In the afternoon I went out for a walk since it was so nice out. It was a crazy evening with Halloween, we had around 300 kids. It was a lot of fun but I was like you Pam pretty pooped this morning after last night. So this morning was XTrain Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders. I really struggled because I was so tired and I had to lighten some of the weights.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Yesterday was my rest day and I had an all day meeting at work. It actually went by pretty fast which was great but I was exhausted by the time I got home. This morning I started a new rotation. I bought the Pull-Up Queen program from Neghar Fonooni and I am doing level 1 which is 3 days a week for 12 weeks. Each day is about 15-25 minutes so it is meant to be an add on. So after that I did Super Cuts.

Pam Great job on RWH LIHI BSBis! I hope your mother had a great day. Your neighborhood trick or treating sounds like a good idea. Probably keeps the kids safer. We had 12 kids for trick or treating. My town is so small I wish they would just have where all the kids come as a group so once they come, you know you are done. Great job on RWH LIHI CST + abs 2! Hopefully you can get to bed earlier tonight now that Halloween is over.

Cheryl Great job on RWH Plyo HiiT 2 and core 2! That one is tough to do on two risers especially the first couple of moves. I pretty much always do it on one riser. Glad you go to go for a walk too. It always amazes me when people have 100s of kids. We had 12! Of course it was really cold and a school night so that makes it to where less kids are going out. Great job on BS CBS! Hopefully you can catch up on sleep too.

Have a great day!

Julie I always found meetings to be exhausting even if they do go by fast. You do find some interesting workouts to do. Is this new program designed so you can eventually do full pull ups? Great work on Super Cuts. For us it doesn't matter if it is a school night or if it is cold or rainy there are still 100s of kids that come out.

This morning I did AOLIH. After that I got all the laundry and housework done. It is getting cold here and there was snow not much higher up from where we are. It seems to be a little bit early this year. Our neighbour is going to put on our snow tires for us this weekend so we will be ready when we get hit with snow.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning my whole upper body and upper abs were so sore. Mostly from Pullup Queen but I think my core was fired up from the su/pu combo. I am glad I was smart and picked ICE Boot Camp to do today. Sadly it was a little bit of a struggle to get going but I made it through and even added on the Blizzard Blast. I am so happy it is Friday!

Cheryl Great job on AOLIH and housework! Ugh snow already. I am not ready for that. The Pullup Queen program is designed to help you either get your first pullup or increase the number you can already do. I just need to get that first one in. I’m hoping I can at the end of the 12 weeks but she does say that some people may need to repeat the 12 weeks before they get their first full pullup (or chinup).

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on RWH Plyo Hiit and core 2. I always start that one with just the platform or one riser and I do the double foot jumps a lot slower than they do. Great job on Bs CBS too, bummer that you were struggling, I hope you slept better that night.

Julie I’m glad that the meeting went by fast for you, but I know how exhausting those all day meetings are! Oh man, pull-up queen sounds like something I would hate! Great job on that and Super cuts!

Cheryl Great job on AOLIH and your laundry and housework! I hate that it’s getting cold already. We are lucky in that we are having another warm spell right now. It’s supposed to be 80 today.

Julie Great job on ICE BC plus the BB! It sounds like it was a struggle because you were so sore from yesterday. Happy Friday!

Yesterday was a bike ride with my gf and her friend. We did just under 29 miles. This morning was RWH LIHI
Legs and Xtrain core 2. Since it’s supposed to be a nice day I’m hoping to get some yard work done today. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good for you in doing ICE Boot Camp and adding on the Blizzard Blast. Wow it is amazing how hard a pull up or chin up is if it can take more than 12 weeks to do just one.

Pam Great job on your 29 mile bike ride, RWH LIHI Legs and Xtrain core 2. Nice that you are getting nice weather I hope you could get your yard work done.

Well I couldn't believe that I woke up to snow this morning. We don't get snow this early and I hope that it isn't a sign of what is to come. This morning I did XTrain Cardio Leg Blast. Then I did some baking for our neighbour who changed our tires for us this afternoon. It looks like we may need our snow tires sooner rather than later.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl Snow?! That is just wrong! I hope it melts quickly! Great job on CLB. How nice of you to bake for your neighbor.

This morning I did RWH Low impact Hiit 1. I’ve been making some modifications to the rotation because of my bike riding. I was supposed to do Hard strikes today, but I figure my bike rides count for longer cardio and I should do the Hiit workouts instead. Yesterday I made homemade croissants for today’s breakfast, cleaned out the pool, blew the leaves, sprayed the weeds, and smoked a brisket. It was a busy day! This morning I got up and the pool and yard were full of leaves again . There are still a lot of leaves on the trees, so I think this is going to be the story of my life for the next couple of weeks. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Yep snow at this time of year is wrong. It tried to snow a bit today but it was just light flakes and it didn't stick. Great job on RWH Low Impact Hiit 1. You are right I think your long bike rides would count as steady state cardio. Wow your were busy yesterday. I feel your pain with all the leaves. The tree in front of our place has lost all of its leaves now but I was doing a lot of raking the past several weeks.

It was too cold out to go dragon boating this morning. We don't go out if it is below 40 degrees and it was below zero this morning. So I did yoga and then I was really lazy the rest of the day. I was thinking of going out for a walk but there was snow falling so I decided just to do nothing.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Saturday I did AOLIH step and discs + core and Stretch Max 3. After that it was several fun hours of housework. Sunday I did day 2 of pullup queen and Muscle Max but skipped the core since I did it the day before. After that I was lazy the rest of the day. This morning I was so tired after a horrible night’s sleep. I was so tempted to skip my workout but I muddled through Cycle Max. Tomorrow I have a follow up outpatient surgery for the skin cancer they found on my nose a month back. So I won’t be posting again until Wednesday.

Pam Great job on your 29 mile bike ride! You must be having fantastic weather to be able to bike outside. Great job on RWH LIHI Legs and XT core 2! Hopefully you got some good progress on your yard work. Great job on RWH LIH 1! That’s a great plan to modify the rotation because of your longer bike rides. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished on your busy day.

Cheryl Great job on XT CLB! Oh no! Snow this early in the year! I too hope it isn’t a sign to a bad winter to come. Sounds like you got your snow tires on just in time if it is already starting. Bummer about dragon boating. I’m guessing you might not have many days left until next year’s Spring. Great job on yoga and being lazy. The first two days of pullup queen have been really hard and made me realize how much work I have to do and how weak my back and forearm muscles are.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Below zero is definitely too cold to go dragon boating. I think the temp would have kept me from going for a walk even if it wasn’t snowing! Great job doing yoga.

Julie Great job on AOLIH , core, and stretch max. Several fun hours of housework huh? You are a funny lady! Great job on pull up queen, MM, and cycle max! Sorry you had such a bad nights sleep, I hope tonight is better.

Yesterday morning I went for a 20 mile bike ride in the morning. In the afternoon I went to visit my mom. She wanted to go out for a drive so I took her to this little town thinking we would get ice cream. It turned out they had some kind of arts festival going on, so we walked around that for a little while. This morning was XTrain burn sets bis and tris and I added the abs from muscle endurance. Then I took my bike to get some new tires and went and got some plants and did some planting. I didn’t get everything planted because it got dark too early. Tomorrow we have a 40+ mile bike ride planned. It will be my longest yet so I hope I survive it! Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Great job on AOLIH and Stretch Max 3. So you had several fun hours of housework did you, you are too funny. Good work on day 2 of pullup queen and Muscle Max and Cycle Max after you horrible night sleep. I hope you sleep better tonight. I hope everything goes well with your surgery tomorrow. My DH had that surgery a couple of months ago to remove a cancerous spot on his face. No not many more days of dragon boating left. It is hard to say if it will be warm enough to go out at all for the rest of this month.

Pam Good work on your 20 mile bike ride. That was nice that there was an arts festival where you went with your mom. Great job on XTrain burn sets bis and tris and the abs from muscle endurance. The time change really does make a difference in how early it gets dark now. Wow a 40 + mile bike, good for you.

So Sunday I did Super Cuts. It had been a long time since I had done that one and I forgot how much I liked it except for the su/pu combo. Right after I finished my mom called and said that my dad was not doing well at all and to come out to see him. So we got out there and he was in a lot of pain. It seems that no matter the pain meds they give him they only work for a short time and then the pain comes back. My brother came over too and my mom called an ambulance to take him to the hospital. They got the pain in check again but who knows for how long. My uncle died this past Wednesday and I think that upset my dad since he seems to be failing quite a lot. So this morning I was suppose to do KPC but I was so tired because I didn't drink enough water yesterday or eat properly so I decided to take a break this morning. I did make myself go out for a walk this afternoon because it was so nice out though it was cold. I think I need to find my gloves because my fingers were freezing by the time I got home.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

So yesterday was my surgery which I thought would be pretty easy. Nope! They cut a large section of the right side of my nose away. They got all the cancer but then they had to bring a plastic surgeon in to fix the hole in my nose. I am on extremely light exercise regiment for the next two weeks until I get my stitches out. I did do my pullup queen workout and circuit max yesterday before my surgery. I ended up pulling a calf muscle during circuit max so maybe it is a good thing I was put on light workout/rest duty. Maybe I can use this time to work on yoga and mobility. I think though I will take the rest of the week off and start Saturday. I ended up not going to work today because it looked like someone punched me square in the nose and gave me two black eyes. They are pretty swollen along with my nose.

Pam Great job on your bike ride! I bet your mom loved getting out and walking around the arts festival. Great job on XT Bis & Tris + ME abs! Looks like you got new tires on just in time for the 40 mile bike ride. Yep it is definitely getting dark out earlier. Since I go to bed around 7, I am perfectly fine with that but I know most people would like for it to stay light out later.

Cheryl Great job on SC! I love that one too until the su/pu combo. Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I wish they could find something that would work long term for him. So sorry to hear about your uncle too. Was that your dad's brother? Good for you for listening to your body and resting. Hopefully you can get hydrated today and get some good nutrition.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on Supercuts. I think it is the su/up combo that keeps me from doing that one more often. I’m so sorry to hear about your dad and sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope they are able to keep the pain under control.

Julie oh my gosh, so sorry that your surgery ended up being so much more than you were expecting. I hope that it heals quickly. Great job getting in your pull-up queen and circuit max. What a bummer that you pulled your calf muscle, it sounds like it’s going to be needing that rest time.

Yesterday we rode for 42 miles. The timing was perfect because it started raining on our way home. I was so happy that I got my new tires first, they made such a difference. When I got home I planted the rest of my plants and cleaned out the pool. This morning I did plyo Hiit 2and the abs from cardio and weights. After that I had to go for my yearly mammogram. I am always happy to get that out of the way. I hope everyone has a great day.

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.