Strength in Numbers

Julie Great work on Live Keep the Cardio Coming. Cathe is never allowed to take a vacation is she :p. Enjoy your long weekend and New Years.

Pam No I didn't see the post where some people got a church service video. That is a weird mix up. Good job on S&S Boot Camp and stability ball abs from B&G.

So this morning I did RWH LIHI Legs. Then I went and got groceries. When I got home guess what was in the mailbox. Yep you guessed it my DVDs and I didn't have to pay duty!!!! I am looking forward to doing Cardio Slam tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on LIHI legs. So glad you got your DVDs and didn't have to pay duty!! It has to be hard seeing everyone else doing the new workouts when you are still waiting for yours.

This morning for me was Intensity. It definitely kicked my butt, but I made it through. I was feeling quite happy when I made it to the LI Hiit section. Today we are leaving for the beach for our annual New Years at the beach so I'm not sure if I will be posting again. If not I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year!

Pam

Pam Good job on Intensity. You know you got through the toughest part of the workout when you get to the low impact part. Enjoy your New Years eve party at the beach.

Janie Don't worry we are all weak at one time or another.

This morning I did Cardio Slam and added on the bonus abs. Wow but that is a really good workout and the abs are tough. Have a happy New Year everyone.

Cheryl

Janie You are too funny! We all have our weak moments! Happy New Year!

Cheryl Great job on cardio slam and the bonus abs. The abs are really tough, aren't they?! Happy New Year to you!

We had a lot of fun at the beach. The weather was pretty nice on Saturday so my GF and I went for a 5k walk in the morning and then a 6.5 mile bike ride in the afternoon while the guys were playing golf. I made it to 12:05 before going to bed . On Sunday I made our traditional eggs Benedict for brunch, then we went for a short walk on the beach before heading home. I got all of the Christmas stuff taken down and put away which always makes me feel good! This morning I did Hiit DWP and NE abs. I hope everyone has a fantastic 2017!

Pam

Janie Happy New Year to you too.

Pam The abs are tough in this new series. Glad that you had a great time at the beach for New Years. I put all our Christmas stuff away too. It feels good to get back to normal. Good job on Hiit DWP and NE abs.

Saturday I did Ramped Up Upper Body. We went to see the movie Passengers on New Years Eve with our friends. We wanted to see Star Wars but it was almost sold out and we couldn't get seats together. It worked out for the best as we really enjoyed Passengers. Sunday I did Yoga Relax and I really needed it after all the upper body work the day before, I was really sore. Sunday night we went to my parents for dinner. I am glad all the holiday stuff is over and I can get back to normal again. This morning was S&S Bootcamp.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on RUUB. I haven't heard of Passengers, I'll have to check that out. We never go to the movies anymore! Great job on YR and S&S Bootcamp!

This morning I did ICE Rock em Sock em kickbox. It was supposed to be Power Hour, but I am having a lot of pain in my elbow so I need to lay off the upper body work for awhile. Of course I realized once I was a few minutes in this morning that kickbox wasn't a very good choice because of all of the punching, so will have to make a better choice next time! It was sure hard having to set the alarm this morning after over 2 weeks without one. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Another really fast 4 day weekend but I have to say I am glad that things might get back to a routine with eating better. Friday I did do my own heavy strength training workout. We were supposed to have DH’s family Christmas party but his sister’s kids were sick and she hosts at her house so we cancelled. I ended up cleaning that day. Saturday I did Maximum Intensity Cardio (and survived) and then ran errands. Sunday was X77 (and barely survived with a few breaks) and then it was lazy Netflix bingeing the rest of the day. Monday I decided to take the day off as a rest day and was lazy and ate horrible all day. Like I said, now I am looking forward to eating better since I could tell from my workouts that I had been eating terrible. Crazy how you can tell that from your workouts going south that it is time to get your eating back on track.

Pam Great job on S&S BC + B&G SB Abs! Great job on Intensity! I too feel a sense of pride and relief when I get to the LI HiiT section. Sounds like you had a great New Year’s with wonderful weather. Great job on your walk and bike ride! I made it to 9:35 before I went to bed on Saturday. Not even close. Good job on getting the Christmas decorations put away. That is nice to have done I am sure. Great job on RSK! Oh no, elbow pain is not good. I hope it is not tennis elbow. I had that a few years ago and it took forever to heal.

Cheryl Great job on RWH LIHI Legs! Yea! How exciting to get the DVDs and bonus not having to pay duty fees! That seems like it was fast this time around. Great job on Cardio Slam + abs! I still have that one and TBGS to try from the new series. Great job on RUUB, YR, and BC! I cannot for the life of me think of what Passengers is about.

Janie We all have weak moments. Hopefully now that the holidays are over you will get a rush of exercise excitement.

Have a great day!

Pam I hope your elbow heals soon. Good work in doing Rock'em Sock'em Kickbox with your sore elbow. i bet it was tough getting up after two weeks off.

Julie I am with you on wanting to get back to a routine with eating better. Though I didn't do too bad I know that I didn't eat as well as I normally do. Great job with your heavy strength training workout, MIC and X77. You really did two intense cardio workouts back to back.

I am doing the January rotation so it was Ramped Up Upper Body again. Passengers is a si-fi movie with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence. It is about people who are leaving earth to go to another planet which will take 120 years so everyone is in stasis and things don't go quite as planned. It is better than how I described, I don't want to give away too much in case you do go to see it.

Cheryl

Not on track yet, but I'm trying. Yikes! Not eating as much but still...I'm struggling! Gosh Darn It!

You all look like you are doing such good work. Very proud of you.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Julie Great job on your heavy strength workout. Hmmm, cleaning instead of a Christmas party doesn't sound like as much fun. Holy cow MIC and X77 back to back?! you are a maniac! It is amazing how you can tell from your workouts when you have been eating badly. You are a party animal staying up until 9:35 on New Years Eve! :p I'm thinking it probably is tennis elbow that I have :mad: Did you do anything special to help it heal, besides rest? I've seen some braces that you can get and thinking about maybe trying one. I really think I need to lay off the upper body weighs for awhile though as some of those exercises were really bothering it.

Cheryl Thanks for the good thoughts on the elbow. I hope it heals soon too! Great job on RUUB. The Passengers movie sounds goo. I doubt we will go see it, but will keep it in mind for when it comes on Netflix!

Janie It's a constant struggle. Hang in there!!

This morning I did Step Blast and the abs from Step, Jump, and Pump. I'm going to be doing a cardio only rotation for awhile to hopefully get this elbow better. What a pain (literally!) Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I did S&S Total Body Giant Sets. It went by super-fast and today I can already tell my legs are talking to me. I think it was those sweeper lunges. Only one more S&S to try Cardio Slam tonight.

Cheryl Great job on RUUB! I think I remember seeing a commercial now for that movie. I didn’t catch the whole thing so I wasn’t sure what it was about just remember the actors. I don’t know what I was thinking doing MIC and X77 back to back. Not one of my brightest moments.

Janie Just remember every day is a new day and small steps will add up to big ones.

Pam Great job on Step Blast and SJP abs! I am a crazy party animal with cleaning and staying up really late! I did a couple of things for my tennis elbow. I used a strap (like this one). I only wore it when I worked out (even cardio since that involves arm movement) but you could wear it anytime you are doing things involving elbow flexion and extension like cleaning. Then I also did some PT exercises using the TheraBand Flexbar. Here is a link to a video showing the exercises. I actually need to start doing this again. I have noticed the start of some irritation returning. Once it starts to feel better, be patient and ease back into lifting again. I felt like I was starting over again because I wanted to go easy to make sure it really was better.

Have a great day!

Janie Don't worry about not being on track yet, it happens. Just take it one day at a time.

Pam Good job on Step Blast and the abs from SPJ. I hope your elbow gets better soon and you get get back to lifting weights.

Julie Great work on S&S Total Body Giant Sets. I haven't done that one yet.

This morning was Cardio Slam. I did better than I did the first time through though some of the moves have me gasping for air. I was suppose to do abs too but I was a bit behind this morning and I had other things that I had to get done so I will add it in tomorrow.

Cheryl

Last night I did S&S Cardio Slam. It was a good workout that surprisingly went fast. Not sure if I am totally in love with it but I could see myself doing it again. I groaned when she said spidermans because those are my least favorite in Afterburn but the way they are done in CS is so much better. It felt like the workout was tougher in the beginning and then got a little easier as it went on. Not easy but easier!

Cheryl Great job on CS! I haven’t done the abs yet in the new series. Not sure when I will get around to them. I will say the leg work in TBGS is sneaky. My legs are super sore yesterday and today.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on S&S Total Body Giant Sets. That is my favorite of the new workouts so far, but I haven't tried PHA yet. I'm holdiong off on it until my elbow is doing better. I was really surprised at how sore my legs were after that one too. Thanks so much for the links, I already ordered both. I am upset about laying off on the upper body work because I know it will be like starting from scratch again, but it is hurting so much that it would be stupid for me to try to keep it up.

Cheryl Great job on cardio slam. I've done it once so far and already forgot what it was like. I guess I will have to pull it out again. Q

Julie Great job on cardio slam. I felt like you, not really in love with it, but it went by fast. Part of it was not being familiar with some of the moves though, so I might like it better the next time. The abs in the new series are tough and it seems like there were some awkward moves too.

I found a cardio focused rotation from July 2010, so I decided to start that today. There are still some weight workouts in there, so I will need to do some subbing and modifying. I am really hoping that the strap and the exercises help my elbow quickly! It was just very mildly irritated for awhile, but suddenly starting hurting a lot when I did even small movements, like lifting my arm to wave at someone when we were walking on the beach. I have no idea why. :mad: In any case, I did Imax this morning. I still love that workout! I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on S&H Cardio Slam. The spidermans are done differently and I don't mind these ones they seem a bit easier. TBGS is the only one I haven't done yet. That one is on the calendar for Sunday.

Pam Good job on Imax. Weird about your elbow. Hopefully it will get better soon. It is so frustrating when you want to do something and you can't due to injury.

This morning was PHA. It is a different way to workout. Oh and I also included the abs that I left out yesterday. Then I got all the housework done. Just in time so I can shovel snow again tomorrow :mad:.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on PHA. How did you like it? That's the only one I haven't tried yet. I'm thinking it has a lot of upper body weights, is that true? How about that ab workout too? I thought it was pretty tough! Unfortunately we might be shoveling snow this weekend too. We are supposed to get 4-6 inches starting tonight which means everyone is freaking out. And it is supposed to stay below freezing for several days. My DH is supposed to be flying to Vegas tomorrow, hopefully he will be able to get to the airport and the airport will be open.

This morning was High Step Challenge. I was able to do more of it than I thought. The only things I skipped were the underhanded rows, the upright rows, and the overhead presses. I probably should have skipped the side lateral raises too, but I did those with light weight. We'll see how much the elbow complains! Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Quick post because I am swamped at work today. I just got the “opportunity” to manage another unit in addition to my own so I have a lot to do to get ready for that. Last night I did do Live Body Blast Boot Camp! It was really good and one I will put on the list to do again. This is one I would love to see Cathe put on DVD.

Pam Great job on Imax! I hope both of my suggestions help. I remember the pain being like a burning sensation almost. Which actually reminded me that as much as I hated doing it, I would ice it every day after my workout. Just 10 minutes or so. Totally agree on Cardio Slam, I think I will have to give it a second try to really know whether I love it or not. I didn’t like FlexTrain the first time I did it but the 2nd time did. Great job on HSC! I found that I was able to do some weights by wearing the strap and going much lighter. You might find that to be the case too. Plus each day/workout is different on how it seemed to affect my elbow.

Cheryl Great job on PHA + abs and the housework! TBGS is probably my favorite of the new series. I loved how fast it flew by and man were my legs sore the next two days!

Have a great weekend!

Pam I didn't mind PHA, it was a totally different way of working out. You alternate between lower body and upper body for 6 exercises and then you repeat that 3 times. There are two groupings like that. I found that it kept my heart rate up because there is little to no rest between the exercises. We got off lucky today as we hardly got any snow. However later in the week could be a different story. Hopefully your DH can get to the airport and get to Vegas and that your snow isn't too bad. Good job on HSC. Hopefully your elbow doesn't complain too much.

Julie Oh wow managing two units would be a lot of work. No wonder that you are swamped. Great job on Live Body Blast Boot Camp. That one looked like it was fun from the video clips I saw on FB.

Today was a day off but I did manage to go out for a walk. I hadn't gone for a walk since before Christmas and it felt good to get outside even though it is still icy out.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.