**ONE DAY AT A TIME** JAN 2- FEB 5

Hi ladies! I cleaned house today, so that was my work out! ;) Then I did the new back stretch video I just received for a total of 28 mins. Wow, did it feel good! Went to the movies with a girlfriend that I hadn't seen in awhile. She told me that I'd lost a lot of weight since I'd seen her last. Well, I haven't lost a whole lot, but everything must be more toned, so I just enjoyed the compliment! We saw "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" - it was very long! Almost 3 hours!
Cathy: How are doing today? Is the medication wearing off? I'm sorry you were having side effects versus it helping you... Are your legs sore today? Do you enjoy spin? I don't have a spin bike. Did you get more snow?
Raciela: Did you have a nice run on the treadmill?
It was warm here today - 60! I can't believe it's January & I didn't have to wear a coat to the movies! Where is Central Valley, CA? My sister lives in Moreno Valley, CA. Is it anywhere near there or Riverside?
Tomorrow will be STS Disk 4 or an LIS workout, depending on how I feel. "See" you tomorrow!
Take care, ladies! HUGS!

Hello all! Today I did STS Disk 4 & a 30 minute Back Stretch Relief DVD. I'm really liking the Back Stretch Relief DVD. There are some back stretches in it that I would never have thought of. It was a pretty peaceful day. I finally finished reading "Primal Blueprint" by Mark Sisson. Food for thought... LOL I've been trying to stick to this way of eating, but I am allowing myself to still have pizza one night a week. I figure at least for awhile I'll allow myself a cheat meal so that I don't go bonkers & binge out on carbs! ;)
Hope you all had a great weekend!
Take care & HUGS!

Today is my rest day! Just got home from bowling with my family had a great time! It's been a while did bowling.
Jane we are having pizza tonight & had enchilada for lunch, yikes! Too much calories! Tomorrow kids are going back to school, busy!busy!
I'll be doing 1mile run warm up + disc 4 tomorrow.
Hope everyone having a great weekend!

Hello All,
Today was TS Disc 4, time of 55 min & burn of 388 & a walk w/dogs for 35 min. & burn of 164 & STS Extended Stretch time of 15 min & burn of 44!:D Total time of 105 min & total burn of 596! It was another nice day here of 4 C, I think that works out to 40 F, but my hip felt the walk & DH had to give a ride back to the house!:mad:

Jane:I'm happy to hear the new stretch DVD is working & great on STS 4! How's your elbow?
Med is wearing off & no more massive migraines upon waking! It wasn't helping the hip anyways!
I love spin but still prefer to be outdoors:D We got snow but after today it's melting AGAIN!:rolleyes:

Raciela How many days a week do you use the treadmill? When is your Marathon? Do you run many Marathons? Hope your run & Disc 4 went well for you today!!:D

Hugs to all,
Cathy

Cathy I do run 3xweek when I'm on training for a race. I have 10k coming up in 2 weeks then my 2nd half marathon in March. Haven't done full marathon yet, maybe when the kids get older so I can have time for longer runs.

Today's workout was 2 mile run & disc 4. Burn 583 cals! Tomorrow suppose to be disc 6 & 1st 25 mins of athletic trng.

Hi ladies!
Yesterday evening I did AfterBurn Premix Express (1-10) & a long stretch afterwards. Tonight is STS Disk 5.
Cathy: I've also noticed that walking hurts my hip more than anything else! (Well, except for falling on it... :p LOL) I used to walk every day on my lunch hour, but gave it up, for that reason. I do miss the walk, though. Used to be a great mid-day stress buster!
Raciela: Way to go, marathoner! That's awesome! :D
Beautiful day here - sun is out again & it's going to be in the 50's. Love it when the sun is shining!

Today was a walk for a time of 60 min & a burn of 282 & then Shiva's Fluid Power from the matrix for a time of 33 min & a burn of 116 for a total time of 93 min & a total burn of 398!:D

Jane: So glad you can do AfterBurn!:cool::D You don't have any back problems from AfterBurn?

Raciela: Yes, awesome on the run plus doing STS Disc 4:cool::D Wishing you the best on STS Disc 6 & Athletic Training!

Hugs to all,
Cathy

Last edited:
Hello ladies! I can feel my gluts are gonna be sore after disc 6 this am. My coworker brought some cookies (forgot the name of it but it's Mediterranean cookies) I ate 8 or 9 of them and with my last one I thought about just checking the box how much calories in it.... Oh boy it was bad! 150-170 cals per cookie!!! Geez I should not even looked! I felt so guilty so I did the slide & disc when I got home.

Hello ladies!
I did STS Disk 5, then did a few minutes of the Back Relief DVD since I had worked Back & Triceps.
Cathy: I only did the premix on AfterBurn, the one that goes through the circuits just once. That didn't bother my back as much. I think I'm going to do the shorter premixes on the LIS part of the rotation. I felt a LOT better after doing the shorter version - not nearly as fatigued or in pain. Sounds like you had a nice workout! Did all your snow melt? We're supposed to get some snow tomorrow.
Raciela: Don't you just hate that - once you know how many calories are in something? I always figure the feelings of guilt burn off a few calories.... LOL! You burned a lot of them off with the Slide & Glide, though! Good job! ;)

Wow I think that Slide & Glide exercise did good yesterday coz I slept good last night ( woke up @ 5:15 ) so I decided not to exercise this am. Tomorrow's exercise is running then friday is Disc 5.

Hello Ladies,
Today was STS Disc 5 for a time of 58 min & a burn of 409 & thenSTS Extended Stretch for a time of 15 min & a born of 44! Total time was 73 min & total burn of 453!:D

Jane: Great on Disc 5! I did mine today & was thinking about your elbow!;) I always feel like I'm "cheating" if I do the shorter versions! Guess maybe I'll have to do what you're doing & tag something else on after!
Not all of our snow melted(not enough for snowshoeing yet) but, we were -16 C today which I think works out to 4 F & we've had light snow all day(no sun)! I love being back out in the bush but, we do have 2 big wolfs hanging around so have to be careful too!

Raciela: Oh my gosh! Great on Slide & Glide! Enjoy your run Thurs. & enjoy your rest today!

Take care all & hugs,
Cathy

Last edited:
Good afternoon ladies,
Yesterday evening I did Cardio Supersets. Tonight is STS Disk 6. Love working legs, since it doesn't aggravate my elbow! ;)
Raciela: Glad that Slide & Glide helped with the sleep - was it because you did it after work? I always have to work out after work - I would prefer mid-day, but until I get to retire, that's not happening!
Cathy: You have wolves????? How scary! I don't think I could be that brave! Funny - our 3 dogs are part wolf, and they're pretty timid around people. I'd be afraid that real wolves wouldn't be timid! Are you pretty far away from a city?
Take care & hugs!

Today's exercise was running I did 6 miles & burn 630 cals! I don't like running on my treadmill but I don't have a choice right now because of my kids & work but I love the feeling afterwards. Tomorrow's workout suppose to be Disc 5.
Jane- I normally workout 5:00am, I only did Slide & Glide exercise that pm because of the guilt. It could help with my sleep but not sure.
Cathy- How are u? What is the workout for today?

Hi Ladies,
Pain today so I'm taking a rest day today & will do STS 6 tomorrow!

Jane: Way to go on Cardio SuperSets! Does this one bother you a lot? Enjoy Disc 6!:D
I try to go out for walks during the middle of the day when the wolfs shouldn't be out! They are out at dusk & before daybreak as a rule! The 1 wolf last May was out in the middle of the day & the next morning was down at the house around 5 a.m. I always have 1 of our dogs on a leash so they don't get too brave, then alternate them on leash! We are approx. 40 min from city & approx. 30 min from town!(different directions)

Raciela: Great job on the 6 mile run! Enjoy Disc 5 tomorrow!:D

Both take care,
Cathy

Last edited:
Good morning, ladies! I did STS Disk 6 last evening. I had forgotten how fast Meso 1 moves. I was really sweating by the end. I did the Extended Stretch afterwards, too.
Cathy: Smart of you to take a rest day - no sense in aggravating anything. You are really out in the country, aren't you? Do you love it? I was raised on a 62 acre farm, but now live in the city. It took some getting used to. Do you ever worry that one of your dogs will be attacked? Coyotes are bad here, believe it or not - even in the city! They warn us to keep our dogs inside, especially at night.
Raciela: Do you enjoy running? I tried it once, years ago, & just didn't care for it.
& whoops! Thought I posted this hours ago!
Hope today goes well for you both! Hugs!

Hello ladies! I finally was able to load picture on my profile,lol!
Cathy- im sorry to hear about the neck & shoulder pain...take it easy. Hope you are feeling better today.
Jane- I started liking the running about a year ago & have been incorporating them on my weekly workout. For me it's the plateau
optimizer especially when I'm training for a races. I know a lot of people doesn't care of running.

I usually do Sunday as my rest day but my 10k is next Saturday & disc 9 is also next week so I will tweak my schedule. Here's next week schedule:
Sunday: disc9 (oh legs)
Monday: warm up 1 mile run then disc 8
Tuesday: run ( hill )
Wednesday: disc 7
Thursday: turbo barre
Friday: rest or yoga max
Saturday: 10k
Sunday: rest

Today's workout is long run with a friend @ 8am. We will see how long will that be, hehehe!

Have a nice weekend!

Hello Ladies,
Today was STS Disc 6 Legs for a time of 56 min & a burn of 395, then STS Disc 7 Chest for a time of 55 min & a burn of 387, finishing with STS Extended Stretch for 15 min & a burn of 44!:D Total time 126 min. & total burn of 826!

Raciela: How did your run go yesterday? You have a busy week coming up with your workouts! I also, like Jane, tried running!
Hope you do well with Disc 9 today!

Jane: I love it in the country!
When I was biking last spring/summer I also encountered 2 bears on seperate occasions & a coyote! We've had a family of coyotes living here for years & usually there's no problem! Hope your Disc 7 goes well but, there's too many push-ups!:eek:

Both have a great day & hugs,
Cathy

Last edited:
Cathy- I stayed up late last night watching Miss America pageant woke up late then went to the church...so right now I'm just being lazy & no motivation to do exercise (that's why I like doing them early in the am).
I end up running 10 miles yesterday. That was the first time i run with somebody & definitely had a great time. We r planning to do it again so im excited.

You did disc 6&7??? Wow! That's amazing. Are u sore? Good job!

Cathy: You are NOT kidding about all the push ups in Disk 7! I didn't do them all - I skipped a couple of sets. I almost didn't work out at all - my hip & my elbow were hurting pretty badly. The gel that my Dr. gave me to rub on the elbow was helping, but I had an allergic reaction to it. There was a special report on the news over the weekend about our coyotes. I thought of you when I saw it. Bears! Oh, my!!!!! Gulp! Were you sore from doing both STS workouts?
Raciela: Sounds great to go running with someone. I think that would be more motivating. I saw your post on Ryka's. I have to say that I tried Ryka's - the Assist XT's were OK, but I switched back to Asics Gel Intensity. They have a lot more cushioning, in my opinion.
Hope you both had good weekends! My back is still sore from all the cleaning I did on Saturday! LOL I'd rather be working out than cleaning! :eek:

Jane - I will look for the asics intensity, sears maybe has it? Yeah me too I rather workout than clean the house, lol!
I did disc 9 this am & my legs were like jello, I had to pause couple of times & those wall squats I could hardly do them. Disc 9 is really tough.
Tomorrow is suppose to be disc 7! Push upssss here I come!!!
Cathy - did u workout?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.