Need your good Karma

midnight

Cathlete
They found lesions on my Dad's liver. The biopsy showed that the lesions are melanoma. He was originally diagnosed 5 years ago when a mole removed from his back was malignant. One lymph node was affected so all the surrounding lymph nodes were removed. Things were ok until now. Melanoma can move quickly to other organs and aggressive therapy needs to be started immediately. On Monday he will go to the Dana Farber Cancer Center in Boston where a treatment plan will be developed. They have a special melanoma clinic.

If you have a minute, please think a good thought in whatever way you do that. Although I have known this was always a possibility, the reality is pretty devastating.

My Dad was a sun worshipper in the days when that was fashionable and SPF didn't exist. Please put sunscreen on yourself and especially on your children. This cancer is preventable.

Thanks,
--Lois

"If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning" - Mahatma Ghandi

Lois-I am so sorry to hear about your father. I will say a prayer for him and your family. Hang in there and keep us posted on how he is doing and how you are doing.

Terri

He will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers Lois. That is great that there is a special clinic for melanoma. Glad he is starting his treatment immediately. Keep us posted.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Lois-

I'll be thinking of your dad and your entire family. You're right about SPF. It sounds like he's going to get good care.

All the best,

Lois,

I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with him and your entire family. My wonderful neighbor just received his diagnosis of metatasized melanoma this past Monday and it has been so devastating. Please know that your father will be in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.