Men's Locker Room Check-in

Did P90X Yoga today. Although you barely move, I sweat more than a step workout.

Hope yall have a good weekend!

Phew!!! Heat is picking up... :eek::eek::eek:

Drenched in sweat 2day doing Step Works!!!

Almost there... only 3 weeks of Meso 2 left... and I finally developed medial delts and tris in a horseshoe shape!!! LOLOLOL

The only drawback is I have to work out with the windows closed so no dust from the swimming pool gets in the house... :(

Kevin - best of luck on the contest!!! I remember sweating a lot during Yoga X.. all 90 minutes of it! I got the property on GoogleEarth, if interested... ;) It's actually not very big (4,300 sq ft) but one can build a house of about 1,100 sq ft. It's on Ios island, in the Cyclades.

Ben - How's STS feel the second time around?

Chris.

Ok.... Leg Trisets (Disc 20) AND 100 degrees... not a good combination!!!

I feel exhausted and sleepy. Lots of water, a couple of bananas and freshly squeezed juice PLUS tons of Greek salad straight from the fridge!!!!

Chris.

P.S. I am really losing patience with the pool guys... won't have it ready before the end of the month... :(

Whoa, 100 degress...are you still with us? Do they have Air Conditioners where you are...might want to get one for your home gym ;-)

I finished the 2nd week of Cathe's June rotation and starting the 3rd. Let me tell you Kick, punch and Crunch is AWESOME!!!!! It was so much fun that I didn't notice the puddle of sweat on the floor till I got to the "crunch" part!

The good thing is, I'm losing wieght and i think I doing pretty well in the Biggest loser contest here at my job. The final weigh-in is the first Monday in Aug. Right after the RT. So if I don't win, at least I'll be in good shape for the RT

Talk at yall later!

:D:D:D

Still here... and the tempeature at about 98!!! I have a/c in my workout room but I really don't like working out with the a/c on... I prefer to have windows open and a breeze coming in, even a warm one. But I have about 2 liters of cold water handy...

BTW, what's this torture we are going through with drop sets???... Major OUCH!!! Just finished the first take of the last week of Meso 2 Legs and I must say my legs are exhausted... 10 more days to go before the rest week!!! Then I'm off to get the barbells I so need... an olympic barbell for bench presses and a curl bar for bis & tris. Seems to me Meso 3 might be linear but very tough on the weight load.

Good goin', Kevin with the weight loss. I'm pretty sure you will hit the top spot! Just make sure you treat your co workers to delicious Krispy Kremes everyday! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
I managed to lose about 7 lbs in the last month and I definitely don't eat that clean!

I'm off now to sweep the pool from the dust, leaves and flowers. The guys are coming tomorrow to put the last layer of paint; then I 'll have to wait for 6 days before I start filling it up...

C U guys!

Chris.

Chris

Your are definitely going to need the curl bar and bench for Meso 3. It is basically heavy wieghts low reps. I really liked it.

Last week, at the biggest loser wiegh-in at my job, I was the biggest loser for the week! I lost 1.9% of my body wieght! I got a certificate and a $10 Subway card! If I can keep up this pace i should have a chance to win.

This past week in for the Cathe rotation, I did BodyMax I. The rotation called for BodyMax II but my wife thought I would like BodyMax I better. Let me tell you....that was the HARDEST 90min of cardio that I've done so far!! I was drenched in sweat down to my shorts. You would have thought I went swimming. That was about half way in. Then my wife tells me that there was still the upper body and cruches to do!

I was able to get through the whole thing...mostly. I had to modify my push-ups toward the end and I couldn't get through the crunches, she's really sadistic! ;-)

Today, I rode 20mi and I plan to do an upper body workout.

Have a good weekend.

Kevin

Hey guys

I'm three weeks into the second round of STS, and I'm liking it even more the second time. The pace in Meso One is so fast, it's nice to know what's coming. I'm doing them three days in a row, putting the legs in between the upper body workouts, then I'm adding a day of total body weights. Today I did high step challenge, which I hadn't done since December. I was able to increase weights, and still feel like I could have gone heavier.

Those drop sets were a killer, huh Chris? The only good news is that those workouts are a little quicker - which was nice mentally. They sure weren't easier physically.

Kevin, good work with your biggest loser challenge! I personally like BodyMax Two even better than one, so don't be afraid to give it a try. The only drawback is that I end up singing "Jessie's Girl" all day. :)

Keep up the good work everyone.

Ben

Hey!!!

How are you guys?

Finished Meso 2 last week and taking it easy. July will be Meso 3 month and then off to hit the beaches! Wonder what to do during the second week of August right before I go on vacation.... maybe a couple of full body workouts? Then I'll be totally inactive for 2 weeks... :confused:

Today's my last day as a smoker!!! Greece is implementing the "no smoking" laws as of tomorrow, so I made up my mind... no more cigarettes for me!!!

Chris.

Hey Guys,

There are a little over 3 weeks until Cathe's RT. My wife and I have decided a 4DS rotation together to "tune up" before the RT. It's seems to be a good totally body workout. This is also the last 4 weeks before the final weigh-in in the biggest loser contest at my Job. Right now Im in 5th place. I wanted to do a workout that will build strenth more than muscle. In fact, Im trying to "lean out" so to speak. 4 DS seems to be "pre-packaged" to do that. I've also been eating clean, which is harder than doing a bunch of workouts!

I hope all of you have kept up your workout even with the summer season starting
Chris: Quitting smoking "Cold Turkey"!!! Now thats really tough!

Kevin

Hey all

Did week one of Meso two, and my legs are so sore! I'm going to do some kind of cardio today, hopefully they will loosen up.

I finally am trying the nutrition manager on this website. I am trying one month first. I think it will be very helpful. A friend brought me a caramel bar for desert yesterday and all I could think was "How am I going to type this into my menu?"

Ben

I found out that running 8 miles is all my knees can take right now. When I was 20, that was my max, and I guess it still is. Back and Bi's tomorrow, so I'll give the knee a rest. I've lost a few pounds since starting the nutrition thing.

How's everyone doing?

Ben

Hey Ben,

I've been getting ready for the Cathe RT. All this month doing 4DS every week. The coordination on the High Intensity Step is difficult but I think I'm getting it. My wife and I have been doing it together and she's helping me with the routines. Tomorrow morning we do Boot Camp.

I tried to run...but it makes my back hurt. Im going to stick to biking. This past Sunday I road 30mi at an 18mph avg pace. It was pretty tough, but I have to get up to 100mi at about the pace by Oct.

Hope all you GUYS are still working out!

Hey! It's been a while.. but I'm still here! Hehehehehe!!!

You are so lucky to be able to do the RT... :D:D:D

I'm almost done with Meso 3 (one more week to go) and I LOVE the short sets/heavy weights/long breaks!!!!
Strangely enough, with 90% of 1RM and 6 reps I have major DOMS in my pecs....

Haven't lit up for 3 weeks now, and I don't even miss it... I closed my eyes and tried to imagine myself smoking a cigarette a couple of days ago and I almost gagged!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Kevin, no matter if you win or not you'll be doing a huge favor to yourself by leaning out!

My blood test showed a Triglycerides level of 360 (with about 300 being the max... :eek::eek::eek:) So my doctor insisted I should start eating REALLY REALLY clean... So, until my next blood test, which wil be in September, I'll stuff myself with Cod Liver Oil, wholeweat products, Omega 3, vegetables and fruit!!!! No more gyros, pizzas, hamburgers etc... I even have to cut down on feta cheese (which I love... :().

Cheers!!!!

Chris.

Hey Chris,

I'm sure stopping smoking will help your blood chemistry too!

So you have to cut out all that good food you like forever or just until your levels come down? Eating clean is my biggest challenge too. I like being active and working out with Cathe video are another fun way to be active.

But give up pizza and beer!!! You might as well ask me to cut off my pinky toe with a butter knife! However, for the past 6 weeks I have been eating ultra-clean. No liqour, fried foods, pizza, "bad carbs" or fatty foods. Mosty chicken, lean meats and vegetables.

I consider this extreme! I can't wait until this contest is over! I probably won't go back to my old habits, but at least I'll be able to "cheat" every once and awhile. :)

Keep on working out!

KP

Kevin, quit smoking will definitely let more oxygen travel through my blood... and improve my overall health. I am not sure, but I think I read someplace that smoking is bad for your Triglyceride level...

I'm afraid I will have to cut out certain foods for the rest of my life, but considering the fact that I work out to Cathe, I might "break the shackles" once in a while and take extra care the next day!!!

After all I have never in my entire stuck to eating clean, so maybe it's a good time to start??? :eek::eek::eek: That and the smoke quitting!

I might show clips from Cathe's DVDs to my doctor so he can see exactly what kind of workouts I do... don't know, he might be thinking I jog once in a while or do a bit of weight lifting... Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Chris.

Kevin, I forgot you were going to the road trip. Have fun! It's coming soon, isn't it?

Chris, eating is the hard part for me. Cathe workouts are really hard, but they are so fun too that I (almost) always look forward to them. Can't always say that about vegies.

Ben

Ben

The RT is comming up this week! My wife and I will drive to Cathe's Gym Friday afternoon. Im really excited. My wife went last year. I accompanied her, but didn't go to the RT. I went to the gym though and I was really impressed with the program and organization of the RT. That's what made me look into doing Cathe workouts and I said I was going to go next year also.

How's your knees holding up with running? I tried to run, but it hurts my back. I may try again since I've lost about 25lbs since the last time I tried. I road bike for my outside exercise.

Chris, If you show your workout to your Dr, he will wonder like I did how you did them and smoke!

KP

Hi all!

Last week of STS and I'm already thinking about prolonging Meso 3 by doing one more week using 90% of 1RM and going to failure... see how that goes. What do you guys think? I go on a two week vacation on August 8 and Meso 3 ends on August 1, so that would be about 3 weeks of doing nothing... wouldn't a "failure" week be like a cherry on top of STS?... reduce my "down-time" to two weeks...

Anyways, I passed most no-smoking tests this week!!!
1. No-Smoking after lunch/dinner/snack at home: CHECK
2. No-Smoking after lunch/dinner at restaurant: CHECK
3. No-Smoking while bored at work with iced cappuccino: CHECK
4. No-Smoking at clubs with drinks and/or tequila shots: CHECK

Now all I have to check is "no-smoking on the beach while lying in the sun drinking cocktails"!!! :D:D:D

I think I should start saving money for a long trip to the States next year and do the RT!!!

Kevin, 25lbs!!! Wow!!! I bet none of that's muscle or water and it's all fat!!!
Ben, how are the knees?...

C U later!!!!

Chris.

Ready for RT!!!

Today we drive to Cathe's Gym for the Road Trip!!!!

I have everything together and packed! I can't wait. It looks like it will be a great time! Wish all the guys could be there. Those of us who do go have to make sure that we represent the men on this forum properly by keeping up with the girls! ;-)

Chris,

You are a beast! Quiting cold turkey and sticking to it. I wish I had that kind of will power! I would definitely try to extend the workout until vacation. Or maybe do a few weeks of Lower intensity stuff.

C Yall next week!

Kevin

DONE!!!

5+ months of STS... ended today!!! (AND one month of no-smoking!!!)
I made up my mind; I won't be doing anyhting for the next 3 weeks...
I'm gonn take measurements tomorrow and see what's up!

Kevin, make us proud!!!! :D:D:D

Chris.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.