Low carbers - July 2009

Melinda65

Cathlete
Hi all,

Thought we should start a new thread. I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. I did. We celebrated our 17th anniversary. Also went to a BBQ and some friends homes. It was fun. Back to work this week. Don't know if I'll do any more than walk tonight.

Hello All!

Well I found Tigger over on Amy's site and sent her a message and she led me here! Yay!

I think the last time I was posting was back when my boss locked me out of the website. That was when I worked for HobbyTown. Well the owner of that business closed the doors !12/31/08. He gave us just a few days warning that we wouldn't have a job the 1st of the year. Then, a guy bought the inventory from the bank and hired us all on keeping me as the manager and increasing my role in running the business. I am learning all the back end book work of running a business. Its very daunting job and not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to handle the workload with such a small crew now.

I haven't been able to get into a regular workout routine for a couple of months. I have been so exhausted and stressed its been hard to just make it through the day.
I've lost a lot of healthy weight over the past 6 months. I need to get motivated and healthy again.

Back to Work!

~Reece~

Hey there!

Started back up on the workouts today. Did Chalean Extreme Burn #1 and added on some YBB cardio. It was fun, a little longer than I have been doing lately, so I'l be sleeping good tonight. Tomorrow is a rest day for CLX, so I think I'll pop in one of the longer YBBs. They are great for the stress part.

Hope everyone is doing great and had a great fourth. Talk to you later.

Thanks for starting the new thread Melinda! Congratulations on your 17th wedding anniversary!!!! Glad you had a great 4th too! I had a good 4th for the most part. We go to the same place every year (BIL's place) and it's kinda boring. A friend of ours went to another party we were invited to and said it was a blast. So we'll be going there next year! :p Glad your DOMS have stopped!

Reece, I hope you get some more help at work soon! And I'm very happy that you are not locked out of this site! (And that you got here too!) As for working out, maybe you can start out slow and do 10 minute walks during breaks at work (make yourself take them, they are allowed by law and we all need them to decompress!) and perhaps 20 minutes of weights or cardio at home, either right when you get up in the a.m. or right when you get home. Getting back into a routine that doesn't require a bunch of time should help you ease back into taking the time for yourself. You know how important it is to take care of yourself!

Hi Rhea! The tree cutting cardio and weight work routine is complete? You go girl!

Lita, what are you up to? 5'7"? Ar ar ar. I decided to wing the workouts this week and popped in Amy's A-Team Bootcamp today. I upped the weights (which I plan to do with all of my workouts as I do them), then felt guilty afterwards that I didn't do anything extra because it was my short day at work and I got home early. I was fatigued and knew it so I paid attention to it. And still felt guilty! :eek: What's the matter with me? Oh, don't try to figure it out, my brain is in a quagmire! Or the twilight zone. Or some other thing! :p

Here's to a healthy week! Later babes!

Melinda - Happy belated anniversary :)! And thanks for starting the new thread!

Reece - Hi :D! Sounds like you're doing a dynamite job with your new employment! Hopefully soon you'll be able to take some time to take care of yourself, though ;).

Rhea - Glad to see you! How goes the golfing these days :)?

Tracy - You are too funny :D! Actually I think I've lost 1/2 inch, not gained any - height wise, anyway :rolleyes: ;). I decided to focus on more endurance this week and broke out some workouts I've only done the weight work on once (MIS and BM) and then I'm rounding it out with PH since I have the dvd out :p. Of course, it's just the upper I'm doing along with my PT exercises and biking/walking. Ho hum....

Tigger- Great ideas. I plan on getting back on the wagon as soon as I move. Right now I'm living in a 3 story house and my room mates started smoking inside the week I moved in back in January! I just don't have the lungs right now. I'm 100% sure that the smoke is why I feel like I have no energy all the time. I'll be moving in with my partner at the end of the month. He thinks we both can start working out regularly. He wants more muscle but he just doesn't eat enough. Our 1 year anniversary is in September. I'm nervous, I've never lived with a boyfriend before.

I'm looking at Cathe's July rotation and think I might give it a go in a few days when I'm over this cold. The Dr. put me on Z-Pak yesterday. I've had severe symptoms for 8 days now. Poor Patrick didn't get to go camping this past weekend because he took care of me. Lame! But, we still had fun. We flew planes and had a fire in my back yard and roasted marshmellows and ate hotdogs. It was fun. We had the whole house to ourselves.

Hi all!

Just a quick check in here at work.....

Probably no workout for me today as planned since I'm stuck here for an arraignment at 4 p.m. Just my luck, work through lunch and don't get to go early...But there is golf tonight. I'll probably still go golf even though I've got great DOMS from yesterday. That first golf club swing is going to hurt!

Reece - hope that cold is over soon. You'll be back on the workout wagon soon I'm sure.

Lita - going to take some time off to golf tonight. When I get my workouts done before I golf, I sure have a great swing. Everything gets loosened up. Tonight will be interesting.....

Melinda - belated congrats on the anniversary!

Well, I had better get off the internet and back to work!

Talk to you later.

Rhea - Hope you get to enjoy that golfing (and don't have a low blood sugar from not eating your lunch ;) )! Maybe after those first couple swings you'll be loosened up enough to not hurt so bad :eek:!

Played pretty good golf and even had great energy. BTW, Lita, just worked through lunch, but did eat it....hehe...I don't miss meals. LOL

Today was CLX Burn #2. Stayed at my last weight again. We'll see how I am tomorrow. the only exercise I couldn't get through all 12 reps was the bowler lunges, my legs were shakin' at 10.

Well, off to do the even chores.

Have a great rest of the evening everyone!

Rhea, I had to laugh, I was reading your post fast and instead of "bowler lunges" I read "blower lunge". I thought, "what kind of a lunge is that?" :)

Yesterday was week 2 meso 2 back/bicep. Then I went to a self defense class. Did the class tonight again and have DOMS. My muscles were contracted very tightly going through the moves. I think I'm getting more out of this than I thought I would. And I'm moving past the feeling silly stage.

Tomorrow I just have to do cardio until some of this soreness wears off.

Rhea - Okay, but you should've known I'd check on you :p. You are the one who has far too many low blood sugars, after all ;).

Melinda - It's so nice to "see" you :D! And wow, you're on a roll :cool:!

Good afternoon!

Been trying to trial prep here, but keep procrastinating on my high school website. We have our 30th reunion coming up and I keep playing around to see who is coming.

Okay, today I did YBB's toning workout, one of their first. Wow, it will be good for the booty and balance. I'll do it as one for a change in pace. Liked the yoga part, sculpting was more endurance, sort of, not much to gain there for me. Ballet part was interesting. Tomorrow I think I will either do the Fat Burning one or do Jillian Michaels since I'll be needing a cardio.

Well, back to work. Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Good morning!

Yesterday I did the YBB advanced workout. It was quite fun. I did skip the sculpting since I had done weights the day before and will be doing Burn Circuit #3 today. I love all the stretching yoga that YBB does. Feels so good. I must do more of that...(I think I've said that numerous times before, but I really am going to follow through this time since it is included on the yoga workouts already. ...lol)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Wow, everyone must be off playing!

Even I forgot to check in yesterday. Busy day. Been trial prepping and sewing a costume for my grandaughter for Saturday's parade. It has been fun doing the sewing, except for the parts where I look at the pattern and go, huh? But eventually I figure out what they are trying to say.

No workouts last two days, massage today, but I'll be back tomorrow since I think my trial has settled! Whoppeee....I get to go see Harry Potter! I don't have to wait until the weekend, after trial, to go see it. I'll have to go twice, since I'll have to go with DH when he gets back. But just wait for him, I don't think so.....hehehe

Hope everyone is doing great. Talk to you later!

Rhea - Your granddaughter :eek:???? Have I been asleep or something :eek:???? Fingers crossed the trial settled and you get to celebrate by going to that Harry Potter movie :D!

Yep- I've got three "step" grandchildren, two boys and a girl. We now have better contact with DH's daughter since the kids were born. Took a while, but she now understands what type of person her mom is....

Hi babes! I've missed you! Great picture Melinda! Isn't it interesting that doing a new activity can give you DOMS, even after years of working out? I did a kettlebell workout today and I already know that I'm going to be paying for it big time tomorrow! :eek:

Reece, good to see you again! I'm glad you will be getting out of that environment soon! What the doctor gave you, is that something to help you breathe better? I'm also wondering if your tiredness has to do with your fibromyalgia. You're just going, going and going! A friend of mine with fibro started exercising recently and feels wonderful. I hope you and Patrick can enjoy it soon too.

Rhea, I am thrilled to hear that your step daughter has come around!!! I'm glad you get to enjoy the little ones too! Good job on that golf swing without working out first, you rock! Congrats on your case settling (I may be jumping the gun a little but I know you well!) and getting to see Harry Potter! One of our attorneys is hitting the midnight show tonight. Can't wait to see how she's doing tomorrow! :p

Lita, you are too funny! I think you're getting more workouts in than you would without PT! I'm winging it again this week. Kettlebells today, probably Butts and Guts tomorrow. Maybe S&H next week. But I'll also check out Cathe's July rotation, just for funzies. Obviously, I have no direction right now!

Oh, BTW, what is a bowler lunge? Do you do a move as though you are bowling?

Last edited:
Yep- I've got three "step" grandchildren, two boys and a girl. We now have better contact with DH's daughter since the kids were born. Took a while, but she now understands what type of person her mom is....
Oh I am so sorry, Rhea - I totally forgot DH had a daughter :eek:! Where is my head :eek:??? Anyway, I am so glad DD has seen the light now that she is a mother too :). I'm sure it's a great thing for you to be able to enjoy grandchildren :D! Even if you are a VERY young grandmother!!!!!!!!

OK, I just looked at Cathe's July rotation. It didn't look like fun to me. :p

I don't remember what it was but I definitely gave it a miss - didn't even copy it to add to my collection :p! So I think I must've been in agreement with you ;)!

BTW - It's great to "see" you again :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, the PT is not nearly as strenuous as I'm used to but on the other hand, it gives me DOMS just the same :rolleyes:. So maybe I shouldn't say it's not as strenuous - it's just harder in a totally different way ;).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.