Lose Body Fat

Hi Fitnut :)

I just wanted to tell you how much you've inspired me. I have been reading your post, regarding BFL and how you mentioned too much cardio has hinder your progress. I work out 1.5+ hours a day, most days. And like you were; I'm also guilty of combining cardio with weight training, and getting know were fast, but over trained and bigger. One would think, working out with this much intensity would merit you good results, huh! But not so.

I was so inspired that I brought the book today, Yeah! I have been hearing so much about BFL. I think what really put the icing on the cake for me to buy it was when you said you lost 4.5 lbs in 10 days and since then another 5 lbs, I was truly convinced.

The past several months I have done rotation after rotation, with little results. I was thinking about joining WW in May, but until then I thought to give BFL a try. If you had good results in 10 days then hopefully I can too ;o) I couldn't wait to get home from work today to start reading the book. And, man oh man, just from reading the food and exercise chapters. I have learned a whole lot and kind of understand why my results has been getting sabotaged.

And, after reading the food selections, from the BFL book. I thought, yeah! I can do this. So I'm going for it, and it's off to the grocery store I go, first thing tomorrow, well...(after my cardio w/o) to buy some goodies. I too, am also a cardio queen and could do it everyday, if my body would allow ;o) Cutting back on cardio is going to be a real challenge for me. Do you think 1 hour of cardio would be to much 3 or 4 days a week? Or should I just stick with 30 minutes? I didn't totally understand his concept about the high peaks. I'm going to reread it. Any suggestions, on how I may hit my high peak on a treadmill?

I am currently doing Deb's 12 week TTR and simply loving it. I love how she has put the rotation together, And I like the variety with Cathe's videos. As, of tomorrow, I am going to start the BFL along with the TTR. I too like Myoplex, I get the ready to drink and now they've a new protein bar, well new too me Myoplex Lite Cinnamon Roll Crisp, your talking about something that's good, yummy. I eat one everyday, for my protein source, I'm hooked....

Again, thank you for the inspiration and I'll continue looking forward to your post.

Teddygirl~~

Hi Fitnut, I am inspired by your great and positive attitude. Your enthusiasm is exciting!!

Would you please e-mail me your spreadsheet or your rotation? Any tips would be so great!

I have been doing Atkins Diet, but don't feel that it's very healthy -- BFL may be for me. Any more info. would be appreciated.

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Thanks,

Linda;)

Posted rotation/pointers on Open Discussion board!

Okay gals.... I posted the rotation and other pointers on the "open discussion" I figured it was a better fit over there :+ Plus this thread is getting ready to get really long I think!

I will also e-mail all of you who requested the spreadsheet this weekend. I will probably send one big ol' e-mail to all of you!

Thanks for all your nice comments, and thoughts. I am glad some of this has inspired you. If only I can give 10% of what this board has given me I would be thrilled! I have learned so much here and love all of ya'!

7-8 months ago I had never heard of Cathe and had no frickin' idea what a rotation even was! I had no barbells in my house, no stability ball, no med ball, and only had dumbbells up to 8 lbs! Now my house looks like a gym! It was all of you that taught me this can be a hobby and that there is nothing more empowering! I have learned that being "fit" is what matters and that finding a program you can live with is what I need. First I found Cathe and learned she is definitely a workout I could live with forever. I think BFL might just be a way of life I can also live with!

Anyway, I also owe a thanks to all of you! Thanks for your support, your friendship and all the answers you have given to MY questions over the past 7 months!

Gotta get to bed! Night Night! ;-)

RE: Posted rotation/pointers on Open Discussion board!

Hi Pammer!!! I would love to have the spreadsheet also. Thanks so much for sharing this with us all. I'm very happy for you that you are getting such super results. Isn't this place the greatest!?!?
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi,
Fitnut
Please would you email me a copy of your spreadsheet too!
My name is Rebecca and my email address is : [email protected]

Thanks so much!
Rebecca :)

Wanted to let you guys all know my computer at home (with the spreadsheet) crapped out. It is in the process of being fixed and will hopefully be up by this weekend:(

I will send ya' all the spreadsheet hopefully this weekend!

Sorry!

I'm also following the BFL program and would love to see your spreadsheet too. My email is [email protected]
I would really appreciate it if you can do this. Thanks so much!

Hi I am currently training for a Marathon and have been experiencing the weird phenomina of gaining weight through the extended cardio sessions. I only lift 2x's a week (BodyMax, PowerHour and MIS) I would love to have your spreadsheet rotation so that I could transform myself after the Marathon (May 4th). Thanks...

Marla; [email protected]

PS I believe very much what you say is true because when I did more weights I noticed a more slender, tighter look to my physique with proper eating!

I'm cardio addicted too and seriously considering BFL...could you send me a copy of your speadsheet also?
Thanks soooo much!

Robin
[email protected]

To really see some results, and make a huge difference health wise by changing your eating habits, hit www.physiquetransformation.com - perfect complement to BFL as well, and what an eye-opener. I thought I was eating correctly, dropping my calories and eating what I thought was healthy food, but I was very off base. I had no idea my "good" diet was so loaded with hidden salt, sugar, fat, until I entered it all in the analyzer. It's not a fad, or extreme diet either, just an education and a way to easily change your metabolism. They have a 5 day free trial of the system where you can see what you are doing wrong nutritionally.

I got tired of starving, and I am finally changing my body in the *right* direction.

Cate

Hi Fitnut! I am intrigued by your rotation! I am another cardio fanatic - 6 times/wk. Right now, I think I'm overtraining; I'm always sore somewhere! Does cutting back the cardio give you more strength on weight-training days? Also, what does BFL stand for? What type of diet do you follow (or is that part of what BFL is about)? I'd love to see your rotation as well as any other advice you can give (I need to lose fat and gain muscle). Thanks alot, Linda

here is my address: [email protected]

I am going to chime in here and agree with Fitnut.

It is a fact that once you have trained for a month or two to get your cardio endurance up to its max, it is possible to keep it there while cutting back your cardio workouts to only 3 or 4 per week. To train any more is not necessary if you are also weight training, but you can always do it for pleasure.

I used to only do cardio before starting weight training with Cathe a year and a half ago with A-Jock's encouragement. Before that I hated weights, endless reps, yawn, yawn, no heart rate elevation, how could that be doing me any good?!?!?!?!

But I now enjoy my weight training days as much as my cardio days, which I alternate, so that I only have one mental focus per day, and therefore can give it my all. I feel such empowerment from matching Cathe on biceps exercises in PUB for example. Pump it out!!!!!!

My body was not fat to begin with, but after several years of parenting of young kids, grad school and all that sitting, I was lumpy, had lost muscle tissue and my shape had changed to skinny ecto top and lumpy bottom half. Weight training has improved my shape all over. I was an 8/10, now I am a 4/6 in Gap and JCrew for example. I now have an upper body that I show off in tank tops, I have bicep, back and shoulder definition my husband can see, and my lower body is trim and strong. My hips are much narrower, my thighs do not jiggle like they used to, my butt is very 'steely' (as they say in the old video titles!!!) and I have the muscle to power through the Imaxes, and all the step routines I want to, not to mention annual backpacking holidays with 40 pound pack.

I do average of 3 cardios per week, and 3 weight sessions per week, I think, although to tell you the truth this Summer I gave up counting and writing any of it down because trying to keep up with rotations like everyone else here does was stressing me out too much what with writing a PhD thesis at the same time. I don't need any more and will not do any more. Rest is so important for all fitness gains and I enjoy the days I don't work out too. I just make sure I rotate cardio/weights, keep energized, never force myself to work out if I am plain too tired and would be better off dipping digestive biscuits into a cup of coffee in front of "Queer Eye"!!

I have struggled with body image issues my whole life, but I credit weight training with helping me to sculpt the body I feel comfortable in, to be able to do a wide range of activities, carry all my own suitcases and shopping bags, buy any clothes I want (unless they require cleavage which I do not have and never will short of the Voight boob job-NOT!), and I eat just whatever I want including cookies, choc and cheese, etc, etc.

No-one needs endless cardio or endlesss weight training. We need both for optimal health, and these forums have been down this discussion road before, and we need rest and balance.

Cutting back all round has allowed me this year to make greater gains and quick comebacks when I fall off the fitness wagon, and saving energy on days off allows me to really focus on days when i am challenging myself.

Our bodies will thank us for not beating them into the dust with the need for 60 more reps with a 80 pound barbell or a run followed by Interval training, followed by MIS in its entirety!!!!!!!!

Just thought I'd add more testimony to what can aide in converting fat tissue into muscle tissue and avoiding burnout.

mantra:
"my body is a temple, not a punching bag!!!"

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.