Long for good rear view

Sophie

I have been exercising for a few years and while I like how the rest of my body has responded, my behind has all but disappeared. I know about genetics, but does anyone have any suggestions to achieve some roundness.
Thanks!

Smart-alec reply

Well, I'd be happy to give you all my extra butt-fat! I'll even pay for shipping!

Let me know Sophie!

...if you need more if gamber doesn't send enuf. I have a few lbs. I can spare!!!
happy.gif
Just kidding. Just to give you an idea that might help with "The Lift"~~Have you tried any of the Firm tapes? They do the tall box leg presses and they definitely will help. You might want to pick up a tape that says you need the tall box as equipment(listed on back of video). Hope this helps! DebbieH

Hi Sophie!

All these smart-aleck women around here. . . sheesh!! (grin). Listen, Debbie H has the right idea! NOTHING works in the butt-perking department like the Firm. I thought that I just didn't have the genetics to build a butt. I have always had a flat rear end and although I could TONE it I couldn't LIFT it. But I tell you, the Firm has made all the difference. You will have to find something to use as a "tall box" --a 14" high step that the Firm sells. There are a lot of things you can substitute, notably a Rubbermaid toolbox/stepstool combo that is 13" high. Anyway, the Firm does a lot of leg presses on the tall box and I have developed quite a butt! My little tummy pooch used to be bigger than my butt. Now my butt really sticks out there! I caught sight of myself sideways the other day and thought "WOW!" --visible results! My husband complimented me and said "honey, your butt is, well, it sticks out more! --I really like it, I mean, that's supposed to be a compliment!" hehe.

The thing the Firm DOESN'T do very well is stretch your quads. And when you're doing all that tall box, YOU BETTER STRETCH YOUR QUADS or you'll get sore right above your knee. . . So definitely spend some extra time doing that. Tapes I particularly like for their tall box work include Firm Cardio (also has some great, slow forward lunges), volume 6 with Jayne Poteet (also has some hover squats), Maximum Body Sculpting with Tracie Long (a little more intermediate), and a lot of people really like Tough Tape which is cheap, available at K-Mart (along with Tough Tape 2, don't be confused), and has TONS of tall box presses (I don't like TT but I am definitely in the minority). GOod luck and happy butt-building!

What about the opposite???

I have what I jokingly refer to as my "bubble butt." I love Tough Tape, does that mean by using TT (the heaviest I use so far is a 16 lb. barbell) I am making my BB MORE round??? God forbid!!!

Help!

Thanks,
Jessica

Jessie, I don't think that's a problem....

I also have a "bubble butt", and I use Tough Tape with a 35 lb barbell! I have found that, even though I already have all the butt I need (and it's not fat, either--just genetically larger!), working it with heavy weights and tall box work STILL only improves it!!
happy.gif

That tall box work is beneficial to just about any type of butt, IMHO!

Renae

Hi Sophie!

Step ups (tall box presses) are excellent. You can also do all versions of squats(especially one legged squat)for building a butt. You'll have to see just how much you'll need to do to make a difference. Some people don't need a lot of weight while others need very heavy weight. Some people only need to lift legs once a week while others need twice a week. Good Luck!

Tall box substitute

I have been doing the FIRM since 1991 and I use a weight bench for the tall box. It's very stable and about 16-17" high. I just use the end without the barbell-holding things on it. I am 5'7", but it doesn't bend my knee past 90 degrees. I also use it for Cathe's step in PS Legs for the dumbell sequence stepping onto the stool and for the sit and stand squats. Since I'm on the subject, I actually use it anytime Cathe does tricep kickbacks or one-armed rows or to sit on during the bicep work in B/B/A.

Another donor

I'd love to share too! The tall step-up box is great for shaping. Also I find hill work (walking, running or cycling) is a great lower body shaper. Spinning with heavy tension &/or "hill" work also shapes.

One legged squat?????

I probably have done this in some of Cathe's tapes, but what is a one legged squat???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.