Lifting like girls

Tom, ouch! How's that shoulder feeling today? Your DS 2 never let's you slack off! How sad is it that 40 degrees sounds warm to me right now?! We are in the Boise Idaho area. Used to live in CA before moving here. In CA it was wildfires and flooding or drought fears. Idaho was supposed to be more moderate but turns out we have wildfires in the summer and potentially crazy insane winters. Blech. Is the big game tonight? Have fun!

Karen, miss hearing from you . You ok?

Today I did Boot Camp Blast Off Live (3/10/16). Fun!

Hey everybody! Yes, I have been MIA. I'm with ya Lisa, 40 degrees sounds very warm right now! As a matter of fact, it sounds like a damn heat wave. Today we had rain. Melted all the snow. Let's hope it is above freezing overnight. Or, another skating rink tomorrow. Today I did something different. It was a total glute workout from You Tube. Jen Heward. Lots of cables and bands. It was good, and I think I will add it to the mix. Nice work Tom. DS 2 is keeping you in line. Ya know, sometimes my neck gets tight with upper body work. I'm always stretching my neck, in some way, shape or form. Good job Lisa. Keeping me informed of the best of "Cathe Live." I came home from work today, and overdosed on Vitamin C and Airborne. One of my co-workers had the nerve to show up today with a NASTY COLD. I hate that!
Well gang, that's the update from the Mountain West. Keep on truckin'!!!

Yay, Karen! Good to hear from you. Jen Heward, I'll have to look her up. I've really got to expand my You Tube workout channel horizons. There is so much good stuff out there and I love variety, even though it seems like I always do Cathe Live, but I think I like those because they are all so different! Ugh, don't get sick. I hate it when people insist on coming to work or other social gatherings when they are sick. Like, hey, it's not a badge of honor to come into work when you've got the plague so that you can take everyone down with you. Stay home already!!! We've had lots of rain today, too. Snow on the major streets has mostly been cleared away. Neighborhoods are still a mess. The real story are the mountains--literal mountains-- of snow on people's lawns, fields, in parking lots, etc. I don't think we'll be fully melted until sometime in February to be honest.

Howdy Tom! Back from your trip yet?

Today was a rough one but I managed to get in Great Glutes, the Extreme Premix, which is really not extreme but just includes some extra calf and firewalker band stuff. Just finished, so my glutes are burning!

Hi everybody! Just finished One of Tracie Long's The Studio Series workouts. This was Get up & Go. I haven't been a Tracie Long fan until recently. Her workouts were like a little bit of this and a little bit of that, and a whole lot of nothing. My take on working out has changed over the years. I still love my heavy weights, but, sometimes a little bit of this, and a little bit of that, is a good thing. Especially when a whole lot of anything is somewhat overwhelming, after a crazy busy day. So 30 minutes tonight was perfect.
Lisa, I believe you will be having snow until February. It's been a cold snowy winter. DS #1 lives in Coeur d' Alene. He lives in the woods, and everyday I get a picture of all the moose in his yard. The dog goes nuts barking, but the kids love it, and are begging mom to let them ride the moose. Yea, right. They're definitely not a horse.
I love Great Glutes, nice job. How's the new house coming along? Tom, are you still basking in the sunshine. (I'm so envious)
Until tomorrow!!

Hey Ladies! I did get some back work, 3 sets of neutral chins ( no neck issue with neutrals) 4 sets of pulldowns, some really light machine bench,3 sets of low bar rows and 2 sets of cable crunches. Lisa, agreed about sick people and work and school etc. I always hated honors for the kids NOT missing school. They would come sick to win a prize and expose everyone else! We would take the kids out sometime just to eliminate that goal. Karen, living in the wild sounds wonderful. Many natural lessons can be learned just by living there! The National. Championship game was great...won in the last second..but .getting out of Tampa was another matter! Weather improving here and that is good, but we about froze at the game, really unusual for Fl. I'm really sorry I don't place the comments in different paragraphs but I can't figure out how to do it!! Techie gene NOT present. Have a great rest of the week!

Couer d' Alene is on my must visit list. It's like 7 or 8 hours from where we live, so with kids of course that means like 10 hours, but I hear it's great there! Cool that your DS lives there! But, eh, the moose in the backyard might scare me a bit. I bet things have been really really really cold there!

Karen, isn't your sister a big Tracie Long fan? I agree her stuff is more of a mash up but sometimes that's fun. I think I am the queen of random workouts so I can appreciate this and that routines. Plus Tracie looks AMAZING so whatever she is doing must be working!

So y'all, the weirdest side effect of nonstop snow, freezing, and rain? The potholes in the road. For whatever reason thus weather has caused such bad potholes to form...like driving over it will give you a flat tire... that major streets and even parts of the freeway have been shut down for repair. I did not see that coming!

Tom, welcome home. Sorry the weather has been a stinker to you too. Did you want Clemson to win? I heard it was a great victory for their fans. Welcome back to the land of Commandos and home gyms!

This is a long post so I will just end by proving how random my workouts are by confessing that I did the same Boot camp Live that I did on Monday. It just sounded good!

Oh yes!!! Can't forget the potholes. The other morning on the way to work, the car dropped into a pothole. We would have fallen all the way in, if it hadn't been for the Jeep in the bottom. By the time Spring rolls around, the car is nothing but a bucket of bolts. I took today off, from working out. Will hit it tomorrow. Good night all!! And I agree, Tracie looks awesome. So, it definitely works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen that commercial played on all the hilarious stereotypes. Lol, loved it! Especially the bit about Axe body spray. Hahaha

Today I did Timesaver Step Grooves Live plus UB Express Live. A good solid hour. I wish more bros would venture into the world of step cardio. They don't know what they are missing, that includes you Tom, lol!

Have a great Thursday. We almost made it to the weekend!

Hi everybody!! Today was Jen Heward's glute workout again.
Got my yearly mammogram today. (I know Tom, too much information) just had to mention it. They're always a special occasion. But, that's about it! Jump starting my weekend! See y'all tomorrow!

Karen, we have our own " gender torture" but at least it isn't yearly. I sometimes have to make a game time decision, do I let them do a prostate exam or just " roll the dice"! I figure as long as my PSA is good, they don't need to be behind me lol! Lisa,, I'm still in Fl, but due to fly home tomorrow. There is supposed to be a huge ice storm so not sure I will make it and if I get to Kansas City, May not be able to make it home. I really suck at night w/os, but that's when son 2 goes so this seems kinda like a deload week. I did shoulders and EVERYTHING felt heavy! I did 4 sets strict press, nothing heavy, 3 sets of shrugs using some 85# kbs, 3 sets of cable side laterals, 3 sets of rear delt flys, and 2 sets of dumbbell front raises. Today Will be arms and I swear, I am going to TRY to do something leg related. End the week right my friends and TGIF!!

Ugh, Karen. Sometimes being a woman is just cruel, especially when it comes to the exams! I know the guys don't have it easy either, especially as they get more "mature" chronologically speaking, but at least they escape the whole baby growing and birthing thing! Well good for you for taking care of yourself. Hope you got a good latte or something to reward yourself when it was over. Sheesh, I really need to look up Jen Heward. Thanks for reminding me!

Ok, Tom, still in Florida getting beat up at the gym by your DS 2. You deserved a good long trip. What is up with this winter? Low temps and blizzards here, freezing rain in your area, all while it hits 70 degrees in DC. Ugh

Today I couldn't restrain myself so I did yesterday's Live, called something like Kick Punch Cardio Live. All my favorite things in one workout! TGIF

Nice job guys!! About Jen Heward. She doesn't really have a workout on You Tube. It's more like a demonstration on some great glute exercises. I just put them all together to make a workout. So Lisa, if you're looking for a workout, I don't think there is one. But, she has some great exercises.
Today was another workout from The Studio Series by Tracie Long. Coming on Strong. I liked it, and she gets a lot done in 30 minutes. Every once in awhile, 30 minutes just hits the spot. She looks awesome, if 30 minutes did it, I'm there. See you tomorrow!

Another midnight run with #2...ugh! I combined legs and arms, doing 4 sets leg press, 4 sets calf raises, 2 sets reverse dumbbell lunges and 2 sets 1 leg reads. Then for arms, just tri pusbdwns. 4 sets and 4 sets conc curls. I think about another round of sts, but just can't get healed up enough, had to bail on ez bar curls tonight. Hopefully home tomorrow, but weather looks terrible...we will see. Nite all.

Tom, OMG!!! Leg day with DS2. How did he ever get you to cooperate because he takes no prisoners, and you should know about being a prisoner since you work at one, LOL! I think you're gonna have some DOMS. Are there enough ways for you to modify curls so that you could get through STS? That sounds like I'm being pushy so please don't take it that way.

Karen, yeah, I checked out Jen Heward on You Tube and figured as much. Looks like she gives you cardio ideas and weight training moves to incoporate into a program. She looks great although I have to admit her style was a little bit too much Powder Puff girls meets Playboy for me, ha! Seriously, 30 mins really can be enough. It all comes down to diet. I am guessing Tracie is diligent about how she fuels her body. Could I ever be that diligent is the question!!!

Went to Trader Joe's today and DH got some new beers to try out. A fellow customer was super helpful and gave him tips. My DH is not a big drinker, like only a few ounces on the weekend. He usually sticks to the "it may as well be soda pop" varieties like Mike's Hard so him trying beer is a big thing!

Oh yeah, today's workout was Cardio Circuit Mashup Live (5/26/16). Lots of great compound moves.

Tom, hope the weather cooperates for safe travels. Have a good weekend and see you both back Monday!

Happy MLK Day ladies! It was good to be back in the hole today, Today was chest and tris and my shoulder was the best it has been in a long time and it is kind of ironic because my bench blokz came in and I didn't even use it..didn't need it! I did 10 sets of bench following each with a set of isos and 3 sets of pushdowns and 3 sets of kickbacks, and finished with a set of cable crunches. I feel like I lost a little strength and about 3 pounds, but both will be back and it felt good to be back in my routine! Have a great start to your week all!

Last edited:
Haven't checked in for a couple of days. So, Saturday was Cathe's XTrain Ride. Happy holiday to everyone, especially those that have the day off. I will be back later. Not exactly sure what I want to do today. Maybe heavy weight upper body. Glad you're home safely, Tom. Nothing like your own bed. Lisa, have you had any kind of snow melt? We're having an inversion. I hate inversions, can't even see the mountains. Nothing like a lid on this pot shaped valley. I really hope a storm blows in, and gets rid of this mess. Later everyone.

Tom, what Karen said, nothing like being back home in your own routine and your own bed. Welcome back to the real world! Nice job today.

Karen, I didn't know you had a spin bike. Cool! Oh yeah, horrible inversion right now and zero...I mean zero...snow melt. It's 16 degrees today, roughly, as the high. When is this going to end? Worst of all is that they STILL haven't broken ground on our house. The builder moved way too slowly in November, Thanksgiving slowed stuff down, and then Christmas screwed everything up with getting permits from the city--you know, stereotypical slow gov't work--and now the snow and freezing weather has brought all construction to a standstill. This is so frustrating. We've been waiting now for over 2 months to start building, and we're now really worried about where we will live if the new home isn't done by the time our rental lease is up. It sucks because we were so so careful in our planning, but you know the saying, We plan, God laughs. Murphy's Law. All that. Blah

No holiday for my DH and the kids here have missed so much school from snow days that they went to school today. They already have almost a full week to make up. Doesn't matter to me since my little ones aren't in public school yet but I think it was the right call to have school today.

Today's workout ended up being LEGS. It was a Live Mix Up. Started with Metabolic Mash Up Live (3/3/16) (first 40 mins) and went super heavy to make it leg dominant and then added Kickbox & Barre Live (9/11/14) (Barre Only). Oh I am sore already!

Have a great day, friends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.