Lifting like girls

Lisa, I know what you mean. We built a house once. They were plumbing it in temperatures below zero. After we moved in, the plumbing in the master bath leaked, and flooded the basement. The whole ordeal is unnerving. If you need to vent, let it fly. I know exactly what you're going through. Yes, we have a spin bike. DH uses it in the winter to ride. I will post more later. Have a great day!!

Good Morning fellow crazies! Today was back and bi. 4 sets chin ups, the last set I finished with a 30 sec chin over bar hang...hurt...A LOT!! Next I did 3x10 pendlay rows (haven't done these in a long time and never did do many, always seems too lower back stressful) but I kind of liked the change up. Next were 3x10 lat pulldowns, 4 sets of ez bar curls (I did the last 2 sets with wide grip, haven't been able to do that in a long time due to elbows...REALLY felt those!!) and finished with 2 sets of comc curls. Off to rehabilitate,and,it has again, become near full time. It seems I haven't quite got this semi retired thing quite figured ou tlol! Have a great Tuesday friends!

Karen, duh of course your DH would have a spin bike since he's a cyclist. Silly question on my part. Thanks for listening to my construction gripes. We're supposed to get slaughtered with more snow and freezing rain starting tonight until the end of the week. I am not happy!!!

Tom, let's just stop pretending and say you are full time again. Sheesh, sorry that you can't get a break. At least you killed it in your basement gym today.

Today I did Step HiiT plus Upper Body Weights Live. It's the second Live so definitely some technical issues but the workout is solid. It's high intensity cardio but not OMG I'm Gonna Die Level, and I like it that way. And my arms got a good workout too with the weights.

Hey everybody. Yesterday was Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets, today was Ramped Up Upper Body. Loved the Giant sets, and the Upper Body was good too. Tom!!!!! What is it with you and retirement? Sheesh!!!! I work less hours than you work, and I'm not retired. C'mon. Back to remedial training for you!! Good workout, nice job. Lisa, those early Live workouts, were a little rough around the edges, but they were good. Received a message from DS in Coeur d' Alene. Read that he shoveled 2 feet of snow from his roof. He has 8 ft. high mounds of snow around his house, and 2 ft. of snow on the ground. The forecast is predicting rain. He's afraid it's all going to melt, and flood his place. The party never ends. Lisa, I hope you are all well and safe. Today was a crazy day. It always is, after a holiday. Good night all!!

Well, its leg day, I didn't make it to the dungeon BUT I did get work in. I tried some BDW stuff. This was pretty much a 100 rep challenge sort of thing, 4 rounds of 25 reps (24 for reverse lunges, alternate legs.) I did squats, single calf raises, reverse lunges and pushup. My heartrate was really elevated for the whole time, sooooooo, calling it cardio!!! Rear transmission felt it and I think that's good, know more tomorrow about that! Karen, if I were your son I would be calling a moving company lol! Gotta say 2 feet with 8 foot drifts sounds like a nightmare! Lisa, I am sure that for me that would be "OMG, I'm gonna die" level because mine today was there!! Lib, whats up?? Hump day friends, may the downside be smooth!

Karen, thanks for the encouragement. Wondering if your DS got snow or rain today. I hope for his sake that the weather people are wrong. We have already gotten snow this morning and more is expected. Are you loving the S&S Stuff? Just got my replacement set. I need to pull it out and get going!

Tom, bodyweight stuff delivers. Some of Cathe's toughest LB stuff is largely bodyweight based. You'll be moving funny later today and maybe prefer standing over sitting, ha!

Today I did Kick Punch Cardio Live again. I was pretending to punch the snow in the face.

Have a great day, friends.

Hey ladies. I have a bank meeting this morning so got to sleep in a little! I am working this afternoon after the meeting...hoping reinforcements arrive soon! Shoulder day, 11 set pyramid of strict press, 3x12 side laterals, 3x12 rear delt flys, 3x10 barbell front raise and dumbbell shrugs x30 x30 x25, finishing with 25 cable crunches. I feel like shoulders are one of my weaker points and I don't know why cause I try to "butcher" them and they have made progress, but I am still waiting for Mr. Olympia to show up! Push it friends!!

Tom, funny you think your shoulders are weak because I don't think most people could handle half the hammering that you give your shoulders each week. Maybe you don't have bulk but I bet you have crazy good endurance. Good luck at the bank. Hope the meeting is because you won the lottery, lol!

Karen, what's up? How are you? We got way too much snow yesterday and today it's freezing rain. If I were a skier, maybe I would enjoy this?

Decided to do round 2 of lower body for the week so I did a mix up of Lower Body Cardio Blast plus Ball UB Live....but just did the 27 mins of LB work....then tacked on the compound legs, firewalker, and barre portions of Cathe's Lean Legs & Abs DVD. This combo was NO joke! Killer. I loved it.

Have a terrific Thursday.

Hey hey hey, it's FRIDAY!! Busted me up some arms today and loved it! 6x10 ez bar curls/6x10 tri pushdowns ( I didn't quite get to failure so next time will bump up weight). then did 3x10 crossbody tri/ 1x10 hammer curl (had to change to dumbbell curl) 2x10 dumbbell curl. I finished with 25 tricep pushups (which was failure) and 15 conc curls (also failure). This felt really good, no big tendon issues,,( except for hammer curls)... yay!! I am going to dry to do some posterior chain stuff and abs tomorrow. Have a terrific weekend friends!

Good morning all! Yesterday was a rest day for me. Just because I could. Today will be PHA Training. I must have been tired, I slept until 8:30 this morning, and still trying to get in gear. Will post again after my workout, after I have shifted into drive. I seem to be stuck in neutral right now. Have a great day! Later.

PS. I watched something interesting last night. Basically the fittest people on earth. A Crossfit games event. It was on You Tube, and it was very interesting. Highly recommend. I will post the correct name. But, I loved it. I just wonder if some of these people are going to be wheelchair bound when they are older. Seems like a lot of joint abuse. Highly recommend!

Karen, my DH and I love watching those Cross Fit games! We don't follow it or anything but sometimes we randomly flip the channel past ESPN and there it is, so we watch! Those people are crazy strong and crazy fit and, well, also kinda crazy (look who's talking, lol!). It will be interesting to see how the Cross Fit workout trend plays out over the years in terms of how it impacts the body for the good or bad.

Tom, great workout! Happy Friday. Don't let them make you go into the prison over the weekend, okay???? You deserve some time off!

Today I did Cardio Core Circuit Live (3/12/15). This was my first time doing this Live. I had avoided it because the DVD version of this workout is terrific but also terrifically hard so it has a dread factor for me. The Live version was gentler---by no means easy---but not nearly as brutal so it struck the perfect balance for me and my preferences. Highly recommend if you ever want a 45ish minute cardio workout, Karen.

TGIF!

Today was PHA Training. Great workout!
Those women from "The Fittest People" have the greatest arms, and shoulders. I want to be like them when I grow up. My daughter does Crossfit, and they have "games" every once in awhile. She loves it, and tells me I should join a crossfit gym. Don't think so. But, some of it does look fun. Well, that's it for me, kind of a lazy day, until I did Cathe. Then I got my butt kicked. But, I liked it. See you tomorrow!

You guys are right, those crossfit athletes are incredible, may be crippled later, but amazing physiques! Karen, you could do it, some of the things you do are about there! Me, absolutely NO WAY! That ship has sailed! Todays "helter skelter. ADHD, make no sense, who's idea's was this." w/o is being brought to you by a guy who doesn't know any better. I felt like shoulders needed another hit (never had that idea before going to the basement.... guess I saw the bar lol!) I did sets of strict press at 45 85 125 105. I did 125x5 which is a long, heavy set for me on these..really stink on strict press. Next I decided I needed some chin ups so did x13 x8 x5 (holding that for 10 sec) Next did deads, didn't go heavy, but did 3x8 at 205 and I think my rear gear is still fatigued from all those bodyweight reverse lunges on Wed..definitely felt them there! Next I finished with 9 sets of abs, crunches x50 x35 x25, 5 minutes of side planks, each side by 1:15 45 30sec, and finished with 3x20 cable crunches (raised the weight on these) . I always feel great on Saturday w/os because I feel like I got one in I didn't have too...kinda like "overachieving"!! Lisa, 45 minutes of cardio??? I would need therapy, and not just physical...but that too! Have a great weekend friends, I really hope your weather improves! Lib, how's it going for you?

Karen, yeah I am pretty sure your "gun show" looks as strong as those Cross Fit fanatics. So excited to try the S&S PHAT. I keep telling myself that I need to do a real rotation but then Cathe Live keeps sucking me in... Your relaxing Friday sounds good to me. Hope your weekend is just as nice.

Tom. I love a good hodge podge ADHD workout. That's how I roll too which is why rotations are so hard for me. After today's workout I don't think your shoulders will ever forgive you!

I did the newest Live, Total Body HiiT Live (1/19/17). Tough and thorough, she zapped every body part plus cardio. After the past few days of workouts I am really ready for tomorrow's rest day. See you back on Monday!

Well, I guess it is Monday again already. Today was chest and tri, 11 sets of bench, 1 set incline bench (these really bothered my right shoulder so I guess I will scrap these for now) and 2 sets of isos at the end. For tris, 4 sets of heavy pushdowns,(added 5#) and 2 sets of tri pushups. Not sure where I am going to spend ALL my money from working so much...maybe I will hire a personal trainer,,,,naw, I got you, the Commando Sistas for that!! Have a great start to your week my friends!

Terrific Monday workout, Tom. Oh geez, where to spend all your extra money?!? That's a tough problem. I feel sorry for you, LOL. Of course my recommendation is to spend it on fitness toys for your workout dungeon!

Karen, how are you?

I am sooooo discouraged. More snow falling all morning long. It seems like it is never going to end. Plus DD1 is sick. Threw up on Saturday night and had a fever. Thankfully the fever broke but she definitely has a cold now. Poor girl. Needless to say my workout this morning was half assed. I did KCM Kickboxing DVD. I knew I would feel better doing something over nothing.

Hi guys! Nice work on the arms Tom. I know how you love working arms. Bet those arms are looking great! What to do with all the cash you're making? Well, how 'bout a remodeled full gym? With all the best equipment. (unless you already have that) I'm with Lisa on this. Anything fitness related.
Lots of colds going around here too, Lisa. A good friend is a nurse at Primary Children's, tons of kids with croup. It's been snowing, and raining all day. Very dreary. I'm so over this!
Well, I'm switching it up again. I decided to start working out in the morning. So, up at 4:30, to gitter done. But, so nice to come home and not think about working out. I'm really not a morning person, so just have to hang in there, until the body adapts. This morning was the first, wasn't too bad, but I deliberately did an easier workout, so I wouldn't give it up after the first day. I have more strength later in the day. First thing in the morning has always been difficult. After it's all over, is usually when I feel all warmed up. This morning was KCM, Home Gym Intervals. I'm thinking Mark Lauren tomorrow.
Hi Lib, hope you are well!! Have a great evening.

Lisa, really sorry about the sick "lil one" and the lousy weather and Karen, welcome back to the world of AM lifters!! I actually have more energy in the morning, by evening I'm shot! Back and bi today for me, chins, x10x8 x8 and a 30 sec chin over bar on the last rep,3x12 pendlay rows and 3x12 lat pulldowns. Then, for bi's, 3x8 and 1x3f ez bar curls 1 set of 21s and a set of conc curls. Bi's are certainly tougher after 9 sets of back stuff, but I raised the weight on ez bar curls and, for the first time in awhile, I am in triple digits on these! On pulldowns and Pendlays I went to sets of 12 and I could really feel it! I did 3 sets of chins on Sat and I did a set of 12 yesterday at work so I could tell I was a little "pooped" on these, but I felt like I got some really good work in (I guess the way to tell is if your almost trashed.....it's a good day! Enjoy your Tuesday Ironettes!

Karen, Tom, I am an AM exerciser too but hat off to you both for being up even before the roosters! I need a wee bit more time under the covers before I can face the workout room but yeah, LOVE that feeling off getting the job done and having the whole day ahead of you. Plus I don't like showering twice, which I feel compelled to do after a PM workout, lol. Go Karen, you can do this!

Tom, love those workouts where you feel strong but thrashed at the end. Nice!

Karen, how do you like Home Gym Intervals? I couldn't ever figure out how to make that one work so I didn't order it. Do you use a treadmill or your DH's spin bike for the cardio? Either way it's not easy, I am sure of it! It's sunny here today but still cold. The temps for the next week or so are slated to be well below freezing. :(

DD1 is doing better, thanks for caring friends! Today I did Vertical Loading Live and went as heavy as possible on the arms. Had a good workout.

Happy Tuesday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.