KK's January 2007 check in

Good morning,
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine are shorter now (2 days instead of 3 due to work schedule change) but I'm getting more sleep so that's a good thing. Today's workout was P90X's Chest-Shoulder-Triceps. Great workout this morning and I went up in everything, either weightwise or reps. Loved this workout. I also did AbX this morning instead of tonite as I have a massage right after work. Don't want to ruin the relaxation with having to exercise, though I will hopefully be helping DH on the Bowflex. Had a great bike ride yesterday and then did a 4 mile walk with DH and the dogs out in the desert, stopping 1/2 way to sit for about an hour and enjoy the sun and the views. It was absolutely lovely!

Becky, I'm not envious of what you have to do today. Hope it goes well for you.

Karen, sounds like your BIL is doing better now, hmmm. Thanks for the link. Also, I bought a deoderant crystal at the health food store on Saturday. I used it yesterday, so far, no itching.

Rhea, who do you go to for your massage work? Mine is no longer doing massages but I had prepaid for a couple more sessions so I am having one tonite and another later. Would love to know who you use.

Great workouts everyone,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Well this weekend was not full out workouts for me, I just didn't want to! So Saturday I encouraged myself (okay, forced!) to do PLB and yesterday nothing. Today is supposed to be IMAX 3, I'm trying to get up the energy to do it. Probably just my laziness kicking in! I'll probably do it. Once I get started, I'm just fine. I'm going to make usre that I fuel myself right too.

Jeanette - I go to Jolynn Cook, but snuck off to Pam Swartz for the shoulder fix. Pam does accupressure, so I might start going to her once a month to fix odds and ends. I've been going to Jolynn forever, so I'm feeling a bit guilty.

Well, got to get to work. High ho, high ho, it's off to work I go!;)

Good Afternoon! :)

Am checking in early.

Rhea -- love your little song. To tell you the truth, I really had to talk myself into IMAX3 today, as well. After not working out over the weekend, the last thing I wanted to do was get up and work out -- however, upon forcing myself to do it, I was glad -- now I have more energy.

Becky -- again, it was IMAX3 for me, as well -- but on a 4" step -- I always do IMAX3 on a 4" step due to the extreme amount of jumping up and down on it. You made me laugh with your vivid description of the "work" you have to do today...

Jeanette -- bummer that you have the 2 day weekend instead of three -- a change in schedule always upsets my equalibrium -- not sure on that spelling... Have a nice massage, by the way, as well -- and it sounds like Rhea has found a great one. Is that the one that found the knots under you shoulder blade, Rhea? Wow! A good thing to find and fix.

I'll be answering correspondence today, as well as taking care of some odds and ends around the house, and afterwards will officially be putting myself under deadline for the next book. Deep sigh...

Have a great rest of the day, everyone!:7

Morning,
Today was PlyoX today and I had lots of energy for it and bounce in my step. Great workout and fun too. Massage was very relaxing last night. After that, ate dinner and then worked DH on the Bowflex. We did some abwork on the stability ball and some planks. Worked back and biceps on the bowflex and with DB's. Short workout, only around 20 minutes or so, which is what I wanted. He may attempt KenpoX with me on Saturday morning.

Rhea, where does Pam Swartz work out of? Do you think she takes new clients? That's wierd because I work with my current massage ladies ex-husband. And JoLynn is this guys ex-girlfriend (I think ex).

Karen, glad you have more energy after doing Imax3. You're doing the January rotation I think. I need to break out a Turbo Jam soon for the fun factor of it.

Must go, loving the X.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Jeanette - Pam has her own little space in uptown just down the door from Highland Park Loans. I think she is in the book, but if not, I'll e-mail you the phone number.

Well, yesterday was IMAX3. Got home late because of the swearing in of the new Judge. Wasn't really in the mood to workout, so I told myself, just the first half. Then dinner was still not done and I had tons of energy, so I finished it. I forgot how much jumping was in there. My knee was a little sore when I was done but I really stretched out the quads last night and this morning and no tenderness at all. I don't remember what is on the slate for today. I'll have to go check.

Have a great day everyone!

Good afternoon ladies. I slept in this morning. Felt so good! Normally I get up at 5am and workout and then have to be in class by 8. But, last night I couldn't fall asleep, so I figured I should sleep in.

Only had class until noon today, so got my workout in after lunch. I did GS Chest and Triceps. I was feeling a little stressed out still so I went for a 35 min jog/run around a lake by this condo I am staying in w/ a 1st year med student during the week. That relaxed me.

It is said this will be the worst 5 months of my life. After being in school since I was 5, I only have 4 more months of classroom study. So, major "senioritis". Not only that, but at the end of that 4 months I have a massive month of 12+ hour study days for my boards. Finally in June I get to relax. My board date is officially June 7th. (The day before my birthday).

I will still have 2 more years of "school" but I will just be doing rotations in the hospitals actually taking care of patients. I will be learning how to do surgery, how to deliver babies, how to diagnose, how to medicate, etc. That will be the fun stuff.

Anyway, thinking about that today make me stressed out and the run helped it. I might do some ab work during a study break later. I really wish I had a punching bag to get some of this stress out!

By the way, exam yesterday went fine. Not the most fun exam to perform, but do-able.

-Becky

Good Evening!:)

I couldn't sleep very well, either, Becky, but it was up early for me these days -- around 6:30 cause I have so much work to do. Spent the morning working -- but not writing yet -- but my "get the office ready for the New Year" and correspondence is done -- except little things -- which are always there. So tomorrow I'm promising myself that I'm starting that book.

Don't have any of the GS series and so I did Pyramid Up only premix -- was going to insert cardio with that, but still had a bunch of work to do, so I left it at that -- only about a 30-35 minute workout for me today.

Jeanette -- Sounds like you're doing really well -- am impressed with the POX series that you're doing and the results. That's great on your energy. And me, too, on the Turbo Jams.

Rhea -- am impressed with you, too, doing all of IMAX3 even though you hadn't started out to do it all -- and best of all, the knee thing went away.

Becky -- Gosh, 5 worst months of school, huh? Well, we are here to listen -- and you are so good about keeping in those runs and cardio -- my daughter tells me it's why she likes kickboxing so much...:eek: Your birthday is close to both my kid's birthdays, which are in July. Well, go get 'em, Becky. It's only 6 more months in reality -- lots of stuff happening during that time, but only for 6 months. Keep us posted, okay?

Tomorrow is -- gee I kinda forget -- I'll have to go and check -- but I think it's some cardio and stretch -- or maybe it's lower body and stretch. I forget, but I'll go look it up.

Have a great rest of the evening and some terrific workouts tomorrow.:7

Good morning ladies,

P90X Biceps and Back for me today. Did well, upping my weights and reps for almost everything. This is the 2nd time thru on this workout. I usually go conservative the first time to avoid injury so the 2nd time thru is usually an increase in weights and reps for me as I then know what I can survive and am competitive with myself. My forearms are really pumped right now. I was pleased on my pullups (lat pulldowns), getting better at them. Will work out DH tonite on the bowflex and free weights, just a few body parts (sounds gruesome, huh?)

Becky, you have my complete admiration to keep everything going so well, school, marriage, workouts. No doubt in my mind that you have the right stuff to see it through to the end, and in a grand way. Way to go! Glad the men's exam yesterday wasn't too bad for you.

Rhea, I'll have to look up that gal. I have one more massage with my lady and then will have to decide if I want to continue. Good for you for keeping it going on Imax3. I forgot, who is the new judge? What a dingdong I am.

Karen, the Pyramids are great, aren't they? Maybe someday you can get the GS series. I did them for a short time and got some changes to my body (good ones). DH commented on my upper body today and the musculature he's seeing now. I was happy because I feel puffy still from TTOM so can't wait for the water retention to be completely gone. Got to say, it's much better drinking more water and less cardio too. Oh yeah, so far so good on the crystal deoderant.

Got to run,

Jeanette

Good afternoon ladies.

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I consider you ladies part of the support system I have to get through all of this.

Today I did GS Back,Shoulders, and Biceps. I kind of reviewed notes as I did the reps. Then I went for a 25 min run to clear my head. Finished it all off w/ coremax seg 1 (skipping the end of the planks because my sore arms couldn't handle it). Today was a long workout, but it felt good and right now we are kind of winding down our kidney/urinary tract unit, so I am not as pressured. The rest of the night will be hardcore studying though. :)

Anyway, must get going. I hope everyone has a great day today and has great workouts.

BTW, Jeanette, I looked at your pictures and I noticed your arms getting more defined from the prior to X rotation to the 30 days after. Good work. That may be something I will look into after boards.

-Becky

Last night was able to squeeze in 1/2 hour of cardio before my DH was home -- it was good to get that in, too. Today was PLB -- a really good workout -- didn't do it all the way through, just the standing legs part -- as I was pressed on time.

Well, it's 10 pages a day for me now in order to make the next deadline. Whew! Only did 3 pages today, but had to quit early, as I had an appointment -- am thrilled, though, that I finally got through all the "beginning of the year" things, and have settled down to write.

I so love writing, once I finally handle life's distractions.

Jeanette -- those P90X's are really showing some good results. and I, too, am inclined to look into these. My hesitation is that I'm a little afraid to give up all my cardio -- particularly the anaerobics -- silly, but there you go... Did you have to overcome that?

And I think that more water for me helps me keep my weight in check -- am glad that the deoderant stone is working well.

Becky -- am glad you're able to keep up with the rotation. Eventually I want to get the GS series, as well as the CTX series. Actually I'll probably just keep going until I have all of Cathe's works. I know what you mean about the support -- I feel like that when I'm under deadline, as well.

Rhea -- are you hanging in there on the rotation?

Let's see, tomorrow is...can't believe I've forgotten again... I think it's cardio and something else -- or is it Step Blast? Okay, I'm gonna have to go check again.:+

But have some terrific workouts tomorrow and a great day, everyone.:7

Good morning ladies!

This morning was Bryan Kest's Power Yoga #1 - Energize. I really enjoy his workouts and philosophies. I never think I have to "compete" while doing these. He encourages you just to feel something. Then you are doing well enough. Last night, I helped DH work out using a section of Chest-Shoulders-Triceps from P90X and then AbX. He is very sore today, but happy about that. His enthusiasm is high right now. I'm trying to create workouts that are short, but effective for him, always being mindful of his shoulder (had surgery a year ago). Tonite will be a Cardio Coach workout on the bike.

Karen, I love the ball work in PLB. It's fantastic. Glad you got some pages written. Yes, the deoderant stone is working and still no itchiness. Thanks so much for recommending the stone. No problem with me giving up some cardio as I'm not a big cardio fiend anyway. My extra cardio during this P90X rotation is my cycling.

Becky, thanks for the compliments on the arms. Yep, they are getting better and DH noticed this morning that my back is firmer. However, I feel puffy today, still getting rid of the water retention from TTOM. I like the GS series myself and will be incorporating those after this rotation, I'm sure.

Must run, hi to Rhea too!

Jeanette

Good morning...

I forgot to post yesterday. I know I read...oops

Anyhoo. Glad you are doing well Becky. It is always nice to have a support system to get you through things. We're here for you!

Yep, I'm still hanging in there doing the Jan. rotation with some modifications. Let's see, Tues I did the chest and triceps. I had to leave out the tricep dips since I was using too much of my shoulder and my chest was so fried that even the dips made me quiver. Yesterday I substituted a TJ 30 minute workout for the treadmill since I don't have a treadmill anymore. Also still did the Kick Max leg conditioning drills (ouch) and the Core Max #1 (another, oh yeah, ouch) I did the planks, but on elbows and knees since my upper body was still a little fried from yesterday. Today is supposed to be shoulders, biceps and back. Hmm. An entire body of DOMS for tomorrow oh boy.:7 I'm actually surprised that my legs aren't tired today. I've got to remember to do those conditioning drills more, they are great for form and muscle memory in Kickboxing.

Well, got to run. Should at least attempt some work this morning.

Have great workouts.

Well, it was five pages for me today -- but I'm still happy with that -- although I'll have to revise a few of them. But at least I'm keeping in the schedule (knock on wood).

Today I had to substitute cause I don't have GS legs -- so I did Pyramid Down instead of up and did the cardio only portion of IMAX3 -- total time was about 75 minutes -- which is long for me -- and tomorrow is a long one, too, with Step Blast -- I think it's 70 minutes -- but I'm going to give it a whirl.

Jeanette -- Bryan Kest's yoga sounds wonderful -- and I know that Cardio Coach is really a workout for you. Glad that the underarm thing is going well.

Rhea -- good to hear from you and also to see that you're hanging in there with the rotation. I don't have a treadmill either -- so I have to find these short cardios to sub with. The TJ's are good for that.

Hope work went great and not so stressful today.

Becky -- know you're flat out. But I bet you're doing great.

Well, it's late -- and I have to keep to a schedul and so I'm going to sign off. Oh, have you gotten your substitute DVD's for the new workouts yet? I just got mine today and sent the old ones back lickidy-split. That's so cool of Cathe to do that -- I know there were two workouts I'd just stopped doing cause they froze so bad, I'd have to turn the entire unit off. Now I can do all the workouts again.

Have a terrific day tomorrow and some great workouts!:7

Good morning ladies. I forgot to post yesterday.

Yesterday I did Step Blast and then after I got cleaned up I went to the Dean of Medicine's house for dinner. He and his wife are having all the 2nd years over at various times throughout the year. I didn't get back until around 10:30 pm, so I read over some notes and crashed.

This morning I did GS Legs Timesaver 49min. I wanted to do it all, but I am pressed for time this AM. I probably could have handled 10 or 15 more minutes, but not the 25. Today I have class from 8-10 and then I get to go see DH!!! We are going to do lunch together. This long weekend will be so wonderful.

Anyway, must go pack the car. I hope everyone has great workouts today and a great weekend.

-Becky

Good afternoon!

Karen- you probably have already found out...Step Blast is only 54 minutes. Thank goodness! I couldn't last any longer than that:eek:

Actually, I was really surprised at myself. I did awesome at Step Blast. I usually am slowing down during the challenge and modifying some of the jumps, but not this time. Whoo hoo.

Hmm....well nothing else except to say that it is freeeeezing here. I understand that Reno is getting tones of snow. But we are clear and cold here (27 degrees right now and it is 1:30 p.m., plus there is a wind)x( I hope the weather is okay on Monday. DH has two doc appointments in Reno and I have lots of shopping to do.

Have a great weekend everyone!

You're kidding! Step Blast is only 54 minutes? What have i been thinking all this time?

For me today, I did IMAX2 eight intervals, cause I didn't have time to do what I thought was a 70 minute workout. Oops!:+

Thanks for letting me know, Rhea! And I'm so glad that your workouts are going so well that you're surprising yourself. It's cold here, too. Very cold for LA. It's supposed to get below freezing tonight -- something that is very, very rare for this area. Snow would be fun...well, maybe. I'm afraid there might be too many accidents if it snowed here -- no one knows how to drive in the snow here -- I'm afraid they'd try to drive 80...

Becky -- have fun with your DH this nice, long weekend. And well done on Step Blast and GS Legs. Tomorrow I'll be doing Legs & Glutes -- but only the standing legs part.

Jeanette -- hope you're doing great, as well with all your workouts.

Tomorrow I have a Romance Writer's meeting I have to go to and then home to get done "canning" done, as in addition to writing under deadline, I'm going to take a class at my church.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! And terrific workouts all this great, long weekend long.:7

Jeanette -- haven't heard from you in a while -- hope everything is okay. Don't know if you were going to be out of town this weekend or not.

It was Legs & Glutes for me today -- just the standing legs -- about 40 minute workout -- had to cut it short as I had to get to a Romance Writer's meeting.

Have a great evening everyone. :7

Hi all,
Just got back from seeing Night in the Museum with my mom. It was fun. This morning, DH and I got up, went out to breakfast and then both of us did KenpoX. He tried and did his best. It was fun to work out with him. Later, we went to our grandson's 8th birthday party. Had chili and cornbread, birthday cake and ice cream. Fun day and lots of visiting. If it's not too cold tomorrow, will do a bike ride. DH has to work tomorrow on a special project at work so no walk with the dogs. Maybe Monday he and I can get out and hopefully the temps will rise.

Rhea and Karen, you guys are doing great on the January rotation. Can't remember, what is the focus of this, is it strength? Really like the GS workouts. Step Blast, that one I really like. Been a while since I've done step, I'll probably be huffing and puffing on that one and get a different kind of leg workout too. Changing things around is good for sure.

Becky, know you are enjoying time with your DH. Have a great weekend.

Will check back later.

Jeanette

Good Afternoon!:)

Sounds like a fabulous day, Jeanette. Your grandson's 8th birthday -- wow -- I'm older than you and I still don't have any grandkids -- I do have some god-grandkids, but that's not quite the same thing, I've heard.

And what fun to workout with your DH. That would be fun.

Yes, in keeping with the rotation, I actually took about a 35 - 40 minute walk this morning -- and then a stretch. Boy was it cold here in So. CA. So cold that water that was automatically turned on for lawn, etc. was freezing within minutes...or so it seemed.

Anyway, third week of the rotation, and I think the emphasis is to lose those pounds we gained over the holidays.

I might need to change it here and there.

Mon...Imax 2 -- this is fine.

Tues....KPC -- this is fine, too.

Wed....Pyramid Lower Body plus a stretch -- I'm changing this around a bit. Cathe has upper body scheduled.

Thurs....Pyramid Upper Body plus a a 20 minute steady state run -- this is fine

Fri.....Drill Max (I might do this one -- or might do High Step Training Advanced -- it's similar but not quite as long -- (Cathe has a day off scheduled here -- but I generally take my day off on Sun., plus on Sat, I have a radio interview to prepare for).

Sat....MIC -- I forget if this is long -- if it's long, I'll do Step Blast instead, since I missed this one last week.

Sun....Day off

Rhea -- hope your weekend was terrific

Becky -- am sure you had a great time with your DH

Have a terrific day, everyone and wonderful workouts.:7

Hi everyone,
This morning was cold (in the 20's at 10 a.m.) so I didn't show for the group bike ride. Doubt anyone did. Went out for a ride around 2:00. Good ride but it was still cold. 36 degrees when I arrived home. Always harder to ride in those conditions. DH had to work today but is home now watching football. I ordered Netflix the other day. We will watch our first movie - a Sherlock Holmes one. DH loves Sherlock Holmes. Will be fun. Went to see Night In the Museum with mom last night. It was good and fun. Liked it and DH will like it later when we can rent it.

Karen, sounds like a good rotation with lots of cardio. MIC is long if I remember right. I like the first part of the hi-lo on that one. It then gets kind of "frantic" sounding with the music. Hope your neck/back is healed up now.

Got to go now, house is nice and warm. Think the temps will be warming up later in this next week. Day off tomorrow :7 :7

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.