Jessica Simpson's Body

OMG her sister is so right! how are we suppose to teach the younger set of today to be comfortable with themselves when we pick at somebody's weight. and if they think she is fat then i must be a cow and then can come try to say that to my face. i will kick their butt and make do drill max 5x in a row.

kassia

I am a size 2, but I'm just small naturally. I drink beer, I drink wine, I eat pizza, cheeseburgers, chicken wings. I enjoy my life and exercise, but not fanatically. It's not worth it to me all that obsessing. I've got enough other things to think about.

I used to say that when I was a size 2 (and I was 20) . . . but now I'm 40 and not a size 2. And honestly, I care. You're right, it's not worth obsessing about, but it is something I think about and try very hard to change.

If you are reading this and you are a size 2 (especially if you don't have to work at it) do me a favor and take a moment to appreciate it. I certainly didn't.

I realize that being a size 2 doesn't make you automatically happy, but my fashion taste gravitates toward clothing that looks better on a smaller size. It's so frustrating when I pick something that I love to try on and it looks terrible.

Speaking of body image... I teach at a high school where appearances are VERY important. Well, the dance team just got new sequin booty shorts (uh, yeah....) anyway, the instructor passed out coupons to a tanning salon and to a gym. Can you believe that?!?! WTH?!?! No wonder girls have body image issues. I can just image what this whole deal with JS is causing these girls to think/feel.

I find celebrities are so skinny that when they put on the slightest weight they look fat. You're just so used to seeing them rail thin and all of a sudden there is some meat on them.

I find I'm a very harsh judge of celebrities and I thought Jessica looked fat. I know a lot had to do with that horrbile outfit but honestly she's a bit of a chunky monkey. In my book celebrities should be thin (not skinny). If they look like me then they are not that special.

A chunky monkey? holy crap - these are JUST PEOPLE - they're not special - she chose an incredibly horrible outfit - that's it. Those eighties jeans with that atrocious belt right up under her boobs was not a good idea. I'm obviously a whale, because I'm a US 10. The overanalysis of these people in the media is so beyond ridiculous. I personally avoid all of those publications at all costs. It's a wonder they're not all competely off the deep end. I'd be afraid to leave my house. I'm sure in person she looks just fine. If not - really, who cares?

A chunky monkey? holy crap - these are JUST PEOPLE - they're not special - she chose an incredibly horrible outfit - that's it. Those eighties jeans with that atrocious belt right up under her boobs was not a good idea. I'm obviously a whale, because I'm a US 10. The overanalysis of these people in the media is so beyond ridiculous. I personally avoid all of those publications at all costs. It's a wonder they're not all competely off the deep end. I'd be afraid to leave my house. I'm sure in person she looks just fine. If not - really, who cares?

Personally I think they are special. They make millions, they are catered to from day to night, and they don't have to lift a finger to do anything if they don't want to. They are just people with access to everything under the sun - chef's, stylists, trainers, nannies etc. Their job is their craft and to stay thin/fit. They have no 9-5 to cater to. It's a whole different world for them. I don't judge regular folk with their weight issues but I do celebes (and I am of the chunky monkey variety).

With respect to Jessica's outfit, it wasn't just the first one which was awful on so many levels, but the leather one the next day which showed the girl has clearly gained a lot of weight.

Clothes are hideous. I think they would make a gladiator competitor look like ass.

She might have gained a few, but she is gorgeous nonetheless. I actually feel bad for anyone that has to put up with such a media frenzy. I know they are in the spotlight so it's kind of fair game, but come on.

I mean, what else would people focus on? The economy or something? Sheesh.

sizes

Hello,

Just wanted to point this out since I saw some people question the number of her size:

One of the comments below the article stated that a British size 12 was the equivalent to an American size 8.

I agree with the Kathryn and the other posters that said those clothes were unflattering. Yes, the mom jean s were a bad choice. In fact they are a bad choice for anyone! lol!

I'm thinking the jeans and the camera angle aren't helping. I look more like the picture of Marilyn toward the bottom of the page. I wouldn't mind looking like Jessica in that picture. Goodness, she's human!!! Let the woman eat a cheeseburger if she wants!!! I'm thinking she's not a 12. I'm a 12, and am not looking like that. One of the comments on the website was from a guy named Phil. Phil needs to get his eyesight check. He basically called her a fat pig who needs to lose some pounds. How rude!

Nan

Thank God I am not a celebrity!!

I actually honestly think she looks better now, in that picture of her in the black dress she looks like she needs to be checked into a hospital for anorexia! Not healthy or good looking at all to be that thin I think...luckily my DH agrees with me because I don't do very well with starving myself I get very grumpy have no desire or energy.

We are so used to seeing anorexic looking stars that anything that deviates from the bony and scary is "fat". Perez Hilton states in his new book (yes I read it), that these people are startling and shockingly thin, you almost puke looking at how thin they are. So whatever, Jessica might have put on a few, but hell, she looks so happy! That is what happens when you stop puking and doing Adderall all day long and actually eat.

BTW, the jeans are actually not mom jeans, they are a brand called "Grey Ant" and sell on the web site www.shopbop.com. and high waisted jeans that are cut right can look incredible on girls with long torso's and shorter legs. These were the wrong cut, the belt was horrific and the top sucked, but I know it actually looked better on her in person than it did on camera, as most of us can attest to with our own outfits/pictures.

I used to say that when I was a size 2 (and I was 20) . . . but now I'm 40 and not a size 2. And honestly, I care. You're right, it's not worth obsessing about, but it is something I think about and try very hard to change.

Oh believe me...if I start gravitating towards a 4, I take care of it. I'm 41 now. If I were to go to a 4, I would start looking "pudgy". I'm only 5'0" and have very small bones. Extra weight shows up on me very quickly. But I'm also lucky that it takes me awhile of slacking off to gain weight and not tooooooo difficult to lose it when I stop paying attention.

I just meant, really, that I don't care about having perfect abs because nobody else cares. I wouldn't ever show it off, because I'm just not comfortable walking around like that.

I didn't mean to sound cavalier.

still beautiful

Not the most flattering angle for a picture, right behind her "assets". If someone took a picture of my behind like that, i would be fuming. A little class, photographer, please. That being said, I don't think she looks bad at all. Definitely a little "thicker" but as many of you said, a size 4 is not the real size of a WOMAN, it is the size of a little girl. Hollywood and the music biz puts all this pressure on women to keep their bods like teenage girls.

I personally hate the women who pop out a baby and two months later are rail thin. That is not normal. And by the way, for all us women who have babies and see that 2 montsh later we still have pounds to shed, it makes it that much harder to accept our bodies for the beautiful, life-giving, pieces of art that they are!

ITA with others that Jessica Simpson still looks great...I'd love to look that good.

HOWEVER, when you make your career out of being the "dumb hot chick" a la "Dukes of Hazzard" and "Nick & Jessica Show", you better grow a thick skin and be ready for criticism when your appearance changes.

Personally, I find it laughable that she and her sister are going on the "How can we expect teenage girls to love and respect themselves in an environment where we criticize a size 2 figure?" PR bandwagon, when these chicks have spent their careers promoting the unrealistic self image in the first place.

Nose job, anyone?

... a size 4 is not the real size of a WOMAN, it is the size of a little girl.

I found this comment a bit offensive. I'm a size 4 and I'm a WOMAN not a little girl. So is Jessica at her UK12 US8 or any other over 18-year-old female regardless of her body shape or size.

That said, Jessica looks fine and healthy as she is. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.