imax3 or low max?

buneknek

Cathlete
Which one u like better? I could not do complex choreography...I can do Imax2, BM...but not 4DS step! Should I get LOw max? If not maybe I'll get KPC.

Low Max! The choreography is doable. It's fun. Cathe is motivating (as always). Sure, it's a little dated, but when you can finally make it all the way through the workout you feel so accomplished. I love the blasts in Lowmax!

I like Imax 2 better than Imax 3 ... the choreography is tougher in Imax 3. I'm at the point now where I can do it all the way through, but I remember when I was getting started I would have to repeat certain parts over and over. Even now, if I go a long time without doing it, I tend to forget and find myself stumbling or losing my spot.

Lowmax dated? Not at all. I find that to be such a strange comment. It's totally modern, fits right in with the moves Cathe is doing on the new LIS.

If you have Imax 2, then why bother with Imax 3? It's more of the same and not as much fun. Imax 2 is superior in terms of choreography, fun and music. I never reach for Imax 3. I don't believe in 'off the charts' impact just for the sake of it.

Lowmax is different, original, innovative. It is better than most of Cathe's other low impact step workouts and the blasts work you hard making this a strange little hybrid workout that is unmatched by any other in her DVD catalogue.

More of the same? Get Imax 3.

Something different? Get Lowmax.

Clare

Definitely. Lowmax's moves are not dated at all. I was referring to the set and the backdrop. :D Plus, when I consider that it was my first Cathe workout (over 7 years ago) it does seem a little dated to me. It's a keeper though! I come back to it time and again .... :D

Hi there,

It all depends on what you want. Like the others said, LowMax is easier choreo and really fun, nonetheless a great w/o. Works your legs nicely too without all the high impact. Imax3 is a killer though! Do you want high impact? Do you want to be pushed above & beyond? Do you want to burn mega calories? Do you want a serious challenge? Then Imax3 is for you. Yes, the choreo is tougher, but doable. I was really bad a step when I started but the more you do it, the better you get. I like complex choreo now, as it not only works your body, but your brain too. I believe both of them are worth having in your collection, especially if you are a fan of high & low impact (which I am).

Natasha

I think I'm the lone voice for IMAX 3, it's fun, the choreography is doable. Yes, it's tough cardio wise, but if you hang in there, you'll get it. Although interval 5 will never get easy!

LowMax took me forever to get the hang of the choreo. It also breaks each combo down before doing it, which makes for a very long workout, in my opinion. I'd rather it have been 10 intervals, with no breakdown on each combo (like the other Imaxes) than 7 with a long breakdown before each.

I also find the LowMax leaves my knees screaming at me the next day. Maybe all the twisting moves? I could Imax every day for a month and it doesn't bother my knees. The combos don't seem to flow as well as Imax 3, either. I'm always tripping up on the step slam combo. It doesn't work right for me.

Most often, if I do LowMax, I do the step only without the intervals. It shortens it up, and is still a decent workout. If you want to up the intensity of LowMax, there are plenty of places to add a lift or jump, or even more fun, pick up a med ball (5-8lbs) and hold it during the blasts. Woosh!!!

I don't hate LowMax, but I don't do it often. It does have it's fun spots, but I greatly prefer IMAX 3. Plus, I can sing along to the BonJovi tunes and the warm up song in IMAX 3. :p

Nan

LowMax

My vote goes to LowMax (although Imax 3 has some really good music). I really like LowMax because some of the moves have a kickboxing flare. Very fun! Imax 3 has a lot of jumping moves that I don't really care for.

I say if u can, get both of them. They're both great workouts, which brings somthing different to the table. But as others have said, if u can only get one, it depends on if u prefer higher or lower impact. Imax3 is higher impact at about 55 minutes and low max is low impact at about 70 minutes (give or take a lil on each one)...(using my memory)....but both are great workouts. oh and of course they both have premixes for shorter options....hope that helps:)

I think I'm the lone voice for IMAX 3, it's fun, the choreography is doable. Yes, it's tough cardio wise, but if you hang in there, you'll get it. Although interval 5 will never get easy!

LowMax took me forever to get the hang of the choreo. It also breaks each combo down before doing it, which makes for a very long workout, in my opinion. I'd rather it have been 10 intervals, with no breakdown on each combo (like the other Imaxes) than 7 with a long breakdown before each.

I also find the LowMax leaves my knees screaming at me the next day. Maybe all the twisting moves? I could Imax every day for a month and it doesn't bother my knees. The combos don't seem to flow as well as Imax 3, either. I'm always tripping up on the step slam combo. It doesn't work right for me.

Most often, if I do LowMax, I do the step only without the intervals. It shortens it up, and is still a decent workout. If you want to up the intensity of LowMax, there are plenty of places to add a lift or jump, or even more fun, pick up a med ball (5-8lbs) and hold it during the blasts. Woosh!!!

I don't hate LowMax, but I don't do it often. It does have it's fun spots, but I greatly prefer IMAX 3. Plus, I can sing along to the BonJovi tunes and the warm up song in IMAX 3. :p

Nan

Don't worry Nan, you are not the "lone voice". I love Imax3 :). When I have extra energy and really want to push myself and feel accomplished, I reach for this. The fact that I can get through it and not be destroyed, makes me feel wonderful.

I don't find Low Max dated either. It fits in with Cathe's other workouts. The only workouts I find dated are CTX and the really old ones...even then, the only reason I find them "dated" is because of the outfits and hairstyles...the workouts themselves are still great. However, I do not have these because it just bugs me to look at the old workout clothing and hairstyles.

Imax 3 is definitely a great investment too...If you could...I would just get both...after all they are 30%.

Lowmax, lowmax, lowmax! It's a party in a box! It is one of my old favs! Yes, the choreo is easy to pick up too. HAVE FUN, both are great but I LOVE Lowmax! Can you tell? :p

Low Max! The choreography is doable. It's fun. Cathe is motivating (as always). Sure, it's a little dated, but when you can finally make it all the way through the workout you feel so accomplished. I love the blasts in Lowmax!

I like Imax 2 better than Imax 3 ... the choreography is tougher in Imax 3. I'm at the point now where I can do it all the way through, but I remember when I was getting started I would have to repeat certain parts over and over. Even now, if I go a long time without doing it, I tend to forget and find myself stumbling or losing my spot.

I still can't follow IMax3 but every once in a while I give it a try. I LOVE Low Max and IMax2, the music in both are fantastic, and the moves are easy to follow... I guess I need to try IMax3 on a day that I have time to mess around with it for the fun of it:)

Which one u like better? I could not do complex choreography...I can do Imax2, BM...but not 4DS step! Should I get LOw max? If not maybe I'll get KPC.

I LOVE 4DS Step!!!!!

I would say for you start with Low Max. It has great premixes including step-only, no blasts. IMax 3 I thought was easy to catch onto, perhaps a little easier than 4DS but that's just me. I however cannot do Rhythemic Step bc it's just too complicated for my tastes. I like Low Max, it does get a little boring after a while though, but once you do a step routine and run through it a couple of times, you're done with it and never see it again in the routine. The routine also builds in intensity.

I would also recommend LIC (green cover not LIS Step). The choreography is less complex, very athletic in style, and the segments are repeated enough to really catch onto it. Great music too and there is a premix for Step Only.

I must be good at choreography bc from what everyone is saying, I thought pretty much all of her step workouts were easy enough to catch on during the first try... except RS. Yay, go me! My first Cathe step was her Basic DVD then I went right into Imax 2 & 3, LIC, BM2, and so on. Never had an issue. IMax 3 has some good tunes, I love the warm up! And 4DS LIS with the Hip Hop Repeater and Madonna- EEEEEEEEEEE I loves it so!

Last edited:
I LOVE 4DS Step!!!!!

I must be good at choreography bc from what everyone is saying, I thought pretty much all of her step workouts were easy enough to catch on during the first try... except RS. Yay, go me! My first Cathe step was her Basic DVD then I went right into Imax 2 & 3, LIC, BM2, and so on. Never had an issue. IMax 3 has some good tunes, I love the warm up! And 4DS LIS with the Hip Hop Repeater and Madonna- EEEEEEEEEEE I loves it so!

If you can master 4DS, I think you need to give RS another try!!! :)

And I love the Hip Hop Repeater (I first saw this in LIS, which I did before 4DS). And oh I love the Madonna too. Cathe looks so cute doing that. I know I don't look anywhere near that cute LOL

Susan

I'm going to go preview the clip of RS!

RS is so fun....try it and i think u will like it....the choreo wasn't difficult for me....then again i catch on to all of her step choreo on the first try....at the latest on the second.....but they're fun and i have all of them and other stuff, so i don't get bored doing them.....the music is great also:)

mrsyancy said:
RS is so fun....try it and i think u will like it....the choreo wasn't difficult for me....then again i catch on to all of her step choreo on the first try....at the latest on the second.....but they're fun and i have all of them and other stuff, so i don't get bored doing them.....the music is great also:)

Step blast is great fun too and I would say higher intensity than RS.

After viewing it I think I want this. I don't think I'd have any issues with this now and I find some of the patterns similar to Lower Intensity Step. I have no interest in the higher intensity workouts from the disc, I'm not into the harder stuff anymore, but RS looks like fun!

After viewing it I think I want this. I don't think I'd have any issues with this now and I find some of the patterns similar to Lower Intensity Step. I have no interest in the higher intensity workouts from the disc, I'm not into the harder stuff anymore, but RS looks like fun!

i'm glad u like the clip...i think this will be right up ur alley then, b/c it's a steady state workout and not a higher intensity workout, but u get a really good workout and sweatin real good by the end of this one....let us know what u think after u do it.....njoy:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.