I successfully programed my first workout on my DVD machine!

Jennifer V

Cathlete
This is pretty exciting for me. I decided I didn't want to do all of IMAX 2 today, so I thought I'd try mixing the cardio segments of Cardio & Weights with 5 Intervals and recoveries. My workout felt like a regular step workout with some "bursts" in it. The best thing is, I got to choose my favourite intervals and did not have to do the #@*^! Genie Hops!!!! If it interests you, please try it! I calculated it to be 52 min. from start to finish. Feel free to substitute the interval sections to your favourite ones.

IMAX 2 and C & W MIX (5 Intervals, 4 Cardio sections)

Title.Chapter

2.3 Warm-Up (IMAX 2)
2.4 Step Segment 1 (IMAX 2)
2.5 Interval 1 (Lunges)
2.6 Recovery
8.4 Cardio #1 (C&W)
2.14 Interval 4 (123 count over step & Power 15's)
2.15 Recovery
8.7 Cardio #2 (C&W)
2.21 Interval 6 (Power 3's, alternating straddle taps)
2.22 Recovery
8.13 Cardio #4 (C&W)
2.8 Interval 2 (Push-Ups around end, Lunges, Power 7's)
2.9 Recovery
8.10 Cardio #3 (C&W)
2.33 Interval 10 (Power L's, Power Squats)
2.34 Recovery and Cool-down (IMAX 2)
2.35 Stretch (IMAX 2)

Hope you enjoy it as I did! I now want to try programming another DVD tomorrow - perhaps my own mix of bootcamp and ME. The fever is on...}(

Jennifer V

That's great Jennifer. Thanks for sharing this! My DVD player is programable (I THINK) across DVD's but I have never taken the time to figure it out. I am having so much fun with the Workout Blender! Have you tried it yet?
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: I successfully programed my first workout on my DV...

This is a keeper! Thanks for sharing! :)

---------------------------------------
Non-smoker since June 02/02!!

I do this quite frequently. I actually programmed the Terminator workouts for about 6 months before I broke down and bought the Terminator DVD! Another thing I sometimes do is program the the recovery to repeat so you actually do it twice between seqments. I love making up my own workouts this way. I remember when we purchased the 5-disc player. The guy at Best Buy could not understand what I meant by programming across the DVDs at first. Then he asked why on earth anyone would want to do that..so he finally walked away. I also programmed the circuit Cathe listed in the November rotation - C&W #1, BC #1, C&W #2, BC #2, C&W #3, BC #3, C&W #4, then BC #4. Then in the following days you repeated but did BC 5-8 instead of 1-4. I really like these!

Cheers,
Susan

Hi Debbie!

I haven't tried the workout blender because I'm still awaiting the BodyBlast series here in Montreal! To tell you the truth, programming the Intensities into new workouts are what is helping me get through the long wait...;)

Susan, I have only a single disc DVD player. If I had the multiple disc player, oooh, the possibilities...}(

Jennifer

Jennifer,
That's very cool. My question is are you able to save this program now or do you have to reprogram every time?

Thanks!

>Jennifer,
>That's very cool. My question is are you able to save this
>program now or do you have to reprogram every time?
>
>Thanks!

Jo,

I have to re-program it each time! So if I like a workout I'll write it down.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.