Housewives Fans...

And speaking of Runway, you guys can have that Jeff Lewis as your gay BF. I call Tim Gunn. :D

HAHAH!! :D

If I wasn't before, I am now definitely convinced that Danielle is psychotic. Please, all that whining and fake crying that she feels like someone is going to beat her up?! Come on. She is so trashy and obviously striving for attention; I purposely wouldn't even look her way if I was Jaqueline or Teresa.

I really want to slap the crap out of Ashley. Seriously, how stupid are you?! You already know this woman is nuts and has it out for you but you go and brag about pulling her hair? OK, I laughed but that is besides the point. And it really irritates me how she talks to her parents. She's a huge brat IMO.

I love Danielle crying about the clump of hair missing. Hello, that's what happens when you pull a piece out of a fake WEAVE!!

Can't wait for Project Runway!!!!!! I love Top Chef too. Bravo is probably the channel I watch most.

Yep, Bravo is my go-to channel! I record at least one or more shows on there every night - Monday through Thursday! Add in Discovery for Deadliest Catch, then History Channel for American Pickers and Pawn Stars, plus Fox8 for So You Think You Can Dance...then when Project Runway starts, I'll have to remember Lifetime.... Sometimes DH and I have recording feuds because shows each of us want to record are on at the same time and we have to re-work our schedules or give up something, but I refuse to give up my Bravo shows...:D

Are you guys watching Work of Art? I'm on the fence about that one...somehow I'm finding it to be a little creepy at times. But everyone's creativity amazes me.

Ahhhh....Tim Gunn.... I just love him too.....

I seriously need a life...

I was curious about WOA. From the commercials it seems a little out there so I dunno. I've been meaning to catch it on repeat but always forget.

Anyone watching Hell's Kitchen? I love Gordon Ramsey!! If Jeff Lewis is my gay bf then Gordon Ramsey is my British bf ;) The American shows can't touch the BBC ones though, in that you hardly get to see any constructive criticism from him OR warmth, but I just love that man. I can't wait for his new show at the end of the month!

I love Hell's Kitchen! I love it when they have to bleep him so much that you have no idea what he just said! I'm also looking forward to his new show. Seems like he'll be a kinder, gentler Gordon in that one. :) Maybe....

I've watched a couple episodes of WOA and didn't get the judges. I'm not an art critic but I do love art. It is so subjective, I didn't always get where the comments were coming from.

Last night one of the judges complained that one of the art pieces looked like 60's modern art like it was a bad thing - but I happen to really like 60's modern art.

At least on the Top Chef shows there is some subjectivity but I understand their comments when they say it's too salty or the carrots are undercooked, you know?

I agree about the WOA judges. Sometimes I get the feeling that they think they're above all of the rest of us mere mortals who aren't art experts. I don't even understand what they're talking about a lot of the time! :D

Art is extremely subjective...I love what I love, but I don't want to analyze "why" I love it. I just know when I'm moved by something. That's impossible to judge, in my opinion.

Regarding Top Chef, I sure wish we could taste the dishes! I always get so hungry watching that show...but I can usually understand where the judges are pulling their opinions from. In WOA, not so much.

OK, so I'm really confused about Teresa's financial issues. She insists on the show they're fine, but I see this article this morning--they've filed for bankruptcy, their house is in foreclosure, & there's gonna be an auction of the contents of that tacky throwback to 70s mafia mansions in August:
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/nj-housewife-teresa-auctions-off-contents-of-foreclosed-mansion--1417

I might go. You just never know when a suit of armor might come in handy. :p

OK, so I'm really confused about Teresa's financial issues. She insists on the show they're fine, but I see this article this morning--they've filed for bankruptcy, their house is in foreclosure, & there's gonna be an auction of the contents of that tacky throwback to 70s mafia mansions in August:
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/nj-housewife-teresa-auctions-off-contents-of-foreclosed-mansion--1417

I might go. You just never know when a suit of armor might come in handy. :p

LOL! My coworkers live near Mawah and they are going to the auction.

Can you imagine being $11million in debt?! That is just obscene!!!!! I will never complain about school/car loans again ;)

LOL! My coworkers live near Mawah and they are going to the auction.

Can you imagine being $11million in debt?! That is just obscene!!!!! I will never complain about school/car loans again ;)

You would never get yourself into that kind of debt in the first place!

I've been complaining about student loans for the last 15 years, & I think I have another 15 years or so to go..........to use Teresa's terminology, "I ain't gonna stop now." ;)

They accumulate $11 million in debt and declare bankruptcy to make a "fresh start".... Totally obscene.... Build a garish bazillion dollar mansion, spend money like it's growing on trees, then declare bankruptcy to get out from under all the debt. It's disgraceful.

Her husband complained to Jacqueline's husband about the economy but still bought her the huge ring for their anniversary. I loved it when Jacqueline's husband told him to get her a fugezi (sp?). Isn't fugezi a mob term for fake? Or maybe it's just a regular slang word, but I've only heard it in mob movies...:)

Anyways, these people are all a piece of work...

Well it's no wonder they're bankrupt. Did you see that obscene christening? I bet it cost more than Chelsea's wedding! :eek:

I have to admit that I'm now intrigued by the upcoming DC show. I heard (I think on WWH last week?) that they were already filming when the Salahis crashed the WH party. So we'll get to see that whole deal & as I understand it, the other DC housewives had some very interesting reactions. God I am so hooked on this garbage! :D

I'm not interested in the DC bunch - no particular reason, just nothing grabbed me in the commercials.

I'm bored with the Danielle talk (and with Danielle talking). It was more fun to watch when Dina was on the show and they were just shopping and talking.

That christening was over the top (and so was Danielles 16th b'day party IMO).

I'm really enjoying Bethenny Getting Married.

No wonder Teresa and her hubby are in financial distress. They were obviously having money problems already, yet they still had the over-the-top christening... Sigh...

I'll probably watch the DC show, just because it's there...:) and for some reason I'm hooked on this crap.

I'm also just loving Bethenny Getting Married. I think tomorrow's show may be the last of this season? I don't know where I read or heard that. It's so sweet and funny with no drama. (Just loved the episode where she went into labor and her young assistant Max had to go purchase "I just had a baby panties") Too cute. It seems she married the perfect guy. Jason seems like such a great hands-on father.

(BTW, I bought a bottle of her Skinnygirl Margarita and it was really good!) And no, I'm not being compensated in any way for saying that!:)

I have so much to catch up on my DVR so I didn't get to watch this week's episode yet.

CaseysMom, isn't Skinny Girl sooooooo good?! I gave some to my mom and she spit it out. I thought it was awesome esp for 100 cals per serving (granted my aunt & I polished off the whole bottle in 1 sitting but who's counting?!).

I can't wait for the DC HW's. I just like the drama. I will watch any reality show no matter how horrible it is just for the drama!

Oh and Flipping Out starts next week!!!!!!!! Can't wait :) :) :)

Melissa, those SkinnyGirl bottles definitely need to be bigger!!:D

The DC show is pulling me in...so I'm sure this will be another one that I have to DVR... I love the drama, too! I didn't like the Atlanta show but watched it anyway because I got sucked into all the chaos. Sigh...

Can't wait for Flipping Out!!! Gotta love Jeff and his gang... My DH hates all reality shows, but he'll watch Flipping Out with me. There's something about Jeff Lewis that you just have to like!! He just cracks me up.

Bravo TV is my vice and I'm not ashamed to say it!! (Maybe I should be?????)

DC show premiers tonight ladies........set your DVRs so we can discuss Monday! ;)

No shame needed, Denise. I actually think the competition shows are pretty good quality TV. Very talented people working their magic. I don't watch the Jeff/OCD guy or Bethenny's show (I just can't get into her without the drama of the other NYC housewives), but Top Chef & the like are lots of fun to watch, & not quite in the category of trash TV. :p

OK I stayed up past my bedtime & watched. I HATE them! DESPISE them! I don't have a handle on all of their names yet, but the only one I really liked was that gorgeous woman w/the hair & the 5 kids. She is so beautiful & seems very down to earth, intelligent & classy.

The rest of them are just a bunch of attention wh*&es who live on the fringe of the movers & shakers in DC. My right hand is itching to slap that Salahi woman, & the British gal is so pretentious, snotty & full of herself she made me want to vomit. Stacie, the AA real estate agent seems OK but a bit defensive (although I did find Miss Brit's comments pretty insensitive & slightly offensive), but I cannot believe she makes $25-30 mil a year! Holy smokes! Not to mention, I found it kind of crass that she'd even say it on TV. I can't remember any other housewife actually saying how much her annual income is. It just isn't done, whether you're rich or poor!

I think I might watch up to the party crashing b/c I want to see it from the her side after seeing so much of it on the news. But I just might bail on them after that, like I have on the OC. It's fun to watch rich peoples' lifestyles, and I like NYC & NJ b/c they seem to have more than just money--some substance, lots of charity work & active in their communities. Unlike the OC--they seem so plastic & shallow. It seems like DC might be half as plastic but twice as shallow. :rolleyes:

And I like ATL just b/c those girls are such characters. But I think I'm dropping OC & DC off the list, & probably BH if it's anything like OC.

So did anyone else watch, or do I have to wait til Monday to see if you agree or disagree w/me?

I watched it, right now, I truly truly despise these women, even the one with 5 kids I'm on the fence with her, but how the hell does she sometimes look like she is only about 28 years old?? Her drunken comments about integrating hair salons was embarrassing.

I don't really care if that blond is too skinny, or why the model agency woman needed to keep bringing it up. And the model agency lady's comment about bringing in a "second tier" person to the bday party, I mean really???

The blond that crashed the party, is herself just absurd and seemingly pretty stupid, she married rich, that's it, there is no "substance" as she so adamantly states she has. She is literally jumping and dancing around to get attention.

The British woman is THE most pretentious person I have ever seen anywhere. From the future clips, it does not look like she will be making many friends. The constant name dropping, that is really related to her husbands job, and not her personally is annoying.

The real estate agent, I don't think she makes $30 million/year, I think she SELLS about $30 million a year of real estate, so she is liking pulling in around or over 1 million a year. She seems likable, but she's just as hungry to rub elbows with important politicians as the rest of them, and we may see her unfold as not as "nice" as she seems right now.

I'm not sure I can really stand to watch this one.

I watched it, right now, I truly truly despise these women, even the one with 5 kids I'm on the fence with her, but how the hell does she sometimes look like she is only about 28 years old?? Her drunken comments about integrating hair salons was embarrassing.

I don't really care if that blond is too skinny, or why the model agency woman needed to keep bringing it up. And the model agency lady's comment about bringing in a "second tier" person to the bday party, I mean really???

The blond that crashed the party, is herself just absurd and seemingly pretty stupid, she married rich, that's it, there is no "substance" as she so adamantly states she has. She is literally jumping and dancing around to get attention.

The British woman is THE most pretentious person I have ever seen anywhere. From the future clips, it does not look like she will be making many friends. The constant name dropping, that is really related to her husbands job, and not her personally is annoying.

The real estate agent, I don't think she makes $30 million/year, I think she SELLS about $30 million a year of real estate, so she is liking pulling in around or over 1 million a year. She seems likable, but she's just as hungry to rub elbows with important politicians as the rest of them, and we may see her unfold as not as "nice" as she seems right now.

I'm not sure I can really stand to watch this one.

OMG I totally forgot about that "integrating hair salons" thing, I'm gonna give her a break & chalk it up to alcohol. :eek:

Yeah, I think this one's gonna be pretty sucky. Perhaps Bravo has run out of mileage when it comes to the Real Housewives. To quote Andy Cohen, I'm nominating the entire DC cast as the jackhole of the week. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.