Hiccups between chapters in STS 2.0

Ok, so I did Total Body Stretch this AM cause I wanted to re-check the dvd. I see little like 1 sec. Or so pause between chapters (doesn’t flow seamlessly) but it is so subtle, that if it hadn’t been discovered, I probably wouldn’t have even thought anything about it. So I am undecided at this point whether I would go with a replacement or not. I guess I will wait & see what the final verdict is :)……I can certainly live with it, but if it’s
truly a defect, then I will decide which way to go. I am just so glad to have the dvds.

I also saw hiccups while playing the Active Recovery plus Total Body stretch premix just as someone described it (where the chapters should occur). I haven't had a chance to see if it does it on other parts of the same dvd. I have a basic Sony dvd player with an HDMI cable hook up. I'm no tech guru but I'm thinking it's the disc. None of the other dvds in STS have done that and I've previewed the main workout of more than half on them. Still loved the premix regardless of the hiccups. I can live with them.
Anyone remember when some people had a preacher instead of Cathe? The replicator had definitely oopsed on that one!

I hope so too. You decide however you feel whether if you need a replacement or not. Thanks and enjoy the new series. ;)
Hi Jessye, the problem you're having with the streaming file for the mini ball abs on IOS devices is different from the hiccup problems people have reported on the Active Recovery + Total Body Stretch DVD. In your case, I'm guessing that when you try to play the Mini Ball Abs workout on your iPhone you're getting an error message and the video doesn't play. This same video seems to work fine on Android devices and on my PC, but not on my iPhone. This means there is a problem with either the file name or the code for this workout that affects all or some. Apple devices. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is and if I'm right it should be an easy fix. We will get to this as soon as we can.

The more people I see complaining about this one disc makes me think it's a faulty manufacturing / production issue. I've not seen it on any of my other discs in the series yet, either, despite my older tech.
Hi Kellro77, we've already ruled out manufacturing as a possible cause of this issue that some people are having. The first thing we did after seeing this error on a PS4 player we have here was to burn a new master from the same file that was used to make the master that the duplicator used to make the DVDs. We got the same result as we did with the production Active Recovery + Total Body Stretch DVD - The new master played fined on every test machine we have, but had the same problem as you and others have mentioned on our PS4 which was not used in our original testing. Hence, we can rule out manufacturing.

More than likely something strange and unusual happened to one of the many instructions that the authoring software places on every DVD master that is made. Making a master is a pretty simple thing and it's hard to mess up. However, when you make a master there are thousands of lines of code and all kinds of magic that happens behind the "black curtain" that we can't see. Even though we didn't see any errors in making the master, it doesn't mean that something didn't happen that we can't see.

Since most companies are no longer updating their DVD authoring software or are only doing very basic updates this can lead to all kinds of problems. This is further complicated because the operating systems for the computers we edit the video files and run the DVD authoring software on are constantly updated as is the video editing software we use - but not the authoring software. Then when you factor in that a lot of people are still using their old DVD player that was made long before Windows 11 or MAC OS Catalina, strange things like this can happen.

Though finding the root cause of this issue is unlikely, fixing the issue is easy. So far we've only had a few people contact our customer service team about this. We would like to hear from more you and we would like to know your DVD player name and model number if you know it. Also, let us know if you know the approximate age of your player. This will help us construct a list of known problem players so that we can at least add a few more machines to our testing players for the future.

Also, we will send some of you new burned test copies just to make sure that our new master version solves everyone's issues. Once we know we've solved the issue we will send everyone that has an issue a real production replacement DVD.

Last edited:
This is happening to me (I am late to the game and just started the DVDs!). Today was The Total Body Stretch DVD. I got about 7 hiccups, not necessarily between chapters, but also during a move.

I checked on 3 players, and happens at same time on all 3 players.

Ok, so I did Total Body Stretch this AM cause I wanted to re-check the dvd. I see little like 1 sec. Or so pause between chapters (doesn’t flow seamlessly) but it is so subtle, that if it hadn’t been discovered, I probably wouldn’t have even thought anything about it. So I am undecided at this point whether I would go with a replacement or not. I guess I will wait & see what the final verdict is :)……I can certainly live with it, but if it’s
truly a defect, then I will decide which way to go. I am just so glad to have the dvds.
This is the same for me except it is probably less than a second. That is why I haven't posted.

I’ve been trying to decide if my input was necessary since this thread was first started. If it helps, here is my experience.

I have a 5 disc Sony DVD-HDX 265 player
The book says 2007
HDMI cable
Cathe’s DVDs play well on my DVD player.

When I previewed the Active Recovery and Total Body Stretch DVD it appears that there is something that happens at the chapter points. It’s not a smooth transition and it (whatever “it” is) is very subtle. I turned the display screen on and I can actually see the chapter numbers flutter as the chapters are changing. Haven’t seen this on any of the other DVDs that I’ve previewed so far. On the plus side, while it was noticeable on previewing the workout (to be fair I was looking for it), when I did the workout the chapter changes weren’t really noticeable.

I also tried the DVD in another DVD player and it played exactly the same as above. Different brand DVD player, probably as old or older.

jordan

On the plus side, while it was noticeable on previewing the workout (to be fair I was looking for it), when I did the workout the chapter changes weren’t really noticeable.
Same here........it is so very subtle......and to be honest, really doesn't bother me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.