Hi

luckyruns

Cathlete
I'm fairly new here. I just turned 42 in January--yes I'm proud of it :} I have three kids--
1) 19yr old daughter in college
2) a soon to be 17yr old son on the 16th of this month
3) and a 15 yr old daughter.
I've been married 20 years. Had the kids fast and young. Was I crazy or what? I had three C-sections which did a job on my body. Esp since I had them almost back to back. I have always been a fit and average size person. Course then comes the kids-- they kept me very busy when they were little but I never found time for ME. I'm sure many of you can relate. Something clicked about 4 years ago. I spent many days doing for them and my husband that by the time a free minute at night came for ME-- I was too tired to do anything. Yes it took me that long to realize I wasn't helping anyone of them if I was always functioning on empty. I started running-- hated it at first-- but now I find myself hating missing a run. I ran like crazy for a year. Did a race and came in dead last-- yup dead last. Was that humbling. The follow year tho-- I placed 3rd in my age group-- I was hooked. Maybe hooked too much. I ended up with no muscle tone--- don't get me wrong I was losing weight but I also was losing muscle. I ended up anemic and drained. Something had to happen or I would be in worse shape than I was when I did nothing. I decided to do alot of researching on my own. I wasn't one to hit the club (altho my husband was) I decided to make my house my own little gym-- this way no excuses. I stumbled across Cathe's videos and immediately became a fan. Heck she is in her 40s and has a couple little ones running around--- I decided there was no reason why I couldn't have muscle tone like her. Please note: I don't want to be her-- but I am inspired by her. She looks great and she is so encouraging on her tapes. I'm never bored. I finally took the plunge and ordered a HC dvd. I have made it a goal for myself since the 1st of the year to be in tip top shape come vacation time in April. I didn't place my order til January -- the date was my birthday-- what better gift to give myself. I JUST NOW received word my package has been shipped. I was worried-- since so many of you ordered way back in July. I can't wait-- I have 63 days til beach time---some how I think-- no I know I will do it. You ALL inspire me-- I have read many postings -- we all are different in many ways but yet we are very much alike. WE all want to be healthy and in shape for OURSELVES. Ok -- that's enough about me! :7

Hi Kath!

Welcome to Cathe's forum, and her fabulous workouts! I am 42, also (but soon to be 43). My kids are 6 and 8. I guess I was still sewing my wild oats while you were having your kids. }(

Which Hardcore DVD did you order?

Thanks Marla for the welcome. I was the first girl out of the group of girlfriends to get married and have kids. I think how crazy we were- but Im enjoying this time. I'm still young :) And plus its very neat to hear "Nicholas your sister is here!" and he has to reply "Um thats my mom" ;-) I ordered Core Max for starters :) I'm a huge fan of Boot Camp and slow and heavy series. I saw your pictures --- you are so pretty. What DVDs did you order?

Oh my gosh, I'm blushing. Thank you. :)

I ordered everything but Kick Max, but I'll most likely order that, too. :7

First, last July, I orderd Core Max, Stretch Max, and High Step Challenge -- just got those yesterday.

Then I kept ordering more and more Hardcore DVDs -- and, naturally, I would order one of Cathe's current DVDs at the same time. You know, to save on shipping (doh!).

Tomorrow Low Max and Muscle Max arrive, and the rest will be here Monday. I just absolutely adore Cathe & her workouts. I love the Intensity Series so darn much! I also have the Body Blast series, Power Hour/MIS/Body Max, Slow & Heavy, and Cardio Hits. Love them all!

So glad you're on the forum. I hope you post pics, too!

Hee hee -- well it's cooled off some. I did spread out the orders somewhat ... but it was sizzlin'!

Good thing I'm paying it off this month. :D

Hi Kath! WELCOME! It's so nice to have you here! I graduated at 18, got married at 19 and had my first child at 20 and I wouldn't change it for the world. Hubby & I are enjoying the empty nest now at not sooo OLD an age! ;-) Anyway, just wanted to say that you have made the most important decision to do this for YOU and with all the Cathe tapes available, you will NEVER get bored. (Happy Belated Birthday BTW!) Again, WELCOME and look forward to getting to know you more.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Kathy, welcome to a great place with alot of great people, starting with Cathe, herself!

You do realize you are going to become addicted like the rest of us, don't you? Trust me though, it is a great addiction!
You are also going to get so much help and info, along with making alot of great Forum Friends!

Again, welcome aboard!

Kath ~
Welcome! I'm 42 and have a 17 year old daughter. I found Cathe when The FIRMs latest workouts offered no challenge for me. These forums are a great source of knowledge, support and comaraderie! I sending you much encouragement for your 63 day "mini goal" for vacation! Check in often...keep us posted on your prgress.
~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

Thanks for all that have welcomed me. :)

Everyone seems very supportive. Its nice to have people to relate to/vent with/share with and be encouraged by.

I can already see a change from working out to boot camp/slow & heavy/muscle endurance/pyramid lower & upper series for the past month. Im not looking to lose too much weight--currently Im 120lbs 5'4" tall. Im looking to tone up and with the lower body workout-- I hope to run faster :)

Thanks again everyone

"I don't want to be her-- but I am inspired by her."

Well I DO want to be her, lol!

Welcome Kath. Like you, I had my kids fast and young. I'm 44 and I have 3 boys, 27, 24 and 16.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to have abs like Cathe's, but I'm sure going to try. I also ordered my DVDs in January and can't wait to get Core Max! I'm supposed to get my on Monday (Valentine's gift for myself;) )

I've seen great results from doing Cathe's workouts. Since I started I've gained 2 inches in my shoulders! My posture has improved tremendously and I'm on my way to getting some buff looking arms.

Good luck!
Julia

Nope --- there is only one cathe. And only one me.

She inspires me to do my best-- look my best and she also lets ya know -- if you can't do the extreme--- rest/modify and come back. To me thats human and inspiring.:)

"You're faster than you THINK!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back