Hardcore Fitness Maniacs OCTOBER 2018

Jolie, you got new furniture ? Is it to showcase your house? You will get through it all. Maybe you could use tubing to get your workout in. When we were in the process of moving I made sure I had a plastic tote with tubing, dvds, a pair of ankle weights and weight gloves just so I had something to work with if I could not get to the big weights. Glad you had a nice time while gone. Usually when I am in a forced sort of workout situation I feel like I probably have gained a ton and in the end I have not. I just don't eat quite as much. Just not real healthy :)

Belinda, sorry, about your brother in law. It looks like you could not possibly get away. I think our roofers left because it was still drizzling rain even when it should have let up. I hope they get back here tomorrow as it is supposed to rain Thursday. I need to get to a grocery store and am planning family brunch Sunday. I have my grandson Thursday and Friday. I can't leave with the roofers here. My daughter is not too far away. It takes me about 40 minutes to get there because I don't drive the freeway. Otherwise it is about 25-30 depending on traffic. Their family has driven that distance for years as their children have all went to a private school not far from me. They are used to it. It is nice with all of the acreage and so peaceful when you sit out by the pool and look up the hill and across their land. You just hear cows bawling and used to be chickens. Once in awhile you see a deer flying across.

Roselyn, I am sure they will enjoy the honeymoon when it comes around. Something special to look forward to.

Thank you, Diane Sue! DH and I plan on driving to see his brother as soon as my kids come back from the wedding. If my next neighbor still would live here, I would ask him to keep an eye on the dogs. My neighbor moved in June. I hope they get your roof done tomorrow. I hope they get ours done tomorrow too. We have all the material sitting in our driveway. It's suppose to rain again next few day's. I am sure everything will work out. I hope! 30 - 40 min isn't very far. We have to drive to DC anywhere from 60 to 90 min. The drive isn't bad to DC, the traffic is horrible getting into/out DC. My DD office is town down DC, it takes her almost an hour just to get to the office. She always calls me when she gets stuck in traffic. I always wanted to live in the city, actually I thought moving closer to my kids. I appreciate the small town/country living after I visit my kids.The area we live is very beautiful and quit. We have a lot of farmers around us. It took me awhile to get used to the country living. I am from Nuremberg, Germany. I am a city girl.

Reactions: WD
Belinda, not the 30-40 minutes is not bad. When we lived away from where we are now I had a 100 mile drive to come and visit. I have lived in country area and big city area. We met in big city California when we got married. Bumper to bumper traffic. A short distance on the freeway home from work could take an hour. I like the smaller city, more country like areas. It is so nice when you need to go to the post office or something. No long lines. People are friendly. Oklahoma City has grown so much since we moved here. We lived on the outskirts of the city and it built up around the area. Traffic has gotten a lot worse.
Did they cover the roofing materials in case it rains?

Diane Sue - 100 miles is a long drive. You are from California? The small town living is growing on me too. I do like I don't have to stand in long lines at the post office. People are friendly in our town too. We were stationed in Lawton, Oklahoma. My son was born in Lawton. Lawton was small town back then, I am sure it changed over the years. I lived in Lawton for 3 year than we moved back to Germany. We visit Oklahoma City almost every week. I am sure, it has grown a lot. A lot of people that live in our area work in DC. They commute every day. No way, I would drive back and forth in that traffic every day. Yes, they did cover the roofing material.

Last edited:
This morning I did Crossfire 58 minutes, average heart rate 128, max 156, 4,234 steps, 370 calories, met 6.1. I really expected a higher heart rate with this workout. It never ceases to amaze me as to which workouts get the heart rate up there. I then did the bonus core from Crossfire, 9 minutes, 40 calories, met 4.0 heart rate average 105, max 133, 155 steps. Total time 67 minutes, 410 calories. I may do a stretch workout after I get myself put together. I would like to do the Raw stretch that I like so much.

Belinda, I was born in Nebraska LOL My Dad was military for 9 years so we moved a lot. England, Colorado, California ...Then they moved to Mesa Arizona when he got out. From there I went back to California and stayed with my grandmother for awhile. My parents moved back to Nebraska and I went there a bit and then back to California. That is when I met my husband :) I am sure Lawton has grown quite a lot since you were there. Although some of the smaller cities tend to shrink depending on what business is holding them together. I have been to Lawton a few times as my sons in law were there at various times when they were in the military. I know how it is as we had family that would work in the larger city areas of California and new housing was going up all over out away from the city. Many of them drove an hour to work in that traffic which grew from that. Now it is all built up most of the way out. I would never want to go back there.

Today I did Meso 3 Legs Week 4 and did the Squat Rack workout. Had a good workout but didn't even break a sweat again. I like this type of leg workout better than high reps as it seems this type does not hurt my knees. Not sure how I will handle my leg work from now on? Maybe do my own thing for legs?

Yesterday I broke a blood vessel in my right hand middle finger and it hurts pretty bad. I tried not to hold the weights with my middle finger but it was hard not too. It's all purple and disgusting looking!!

4 sets/8 reps each:
Squats - 15's/15's - 10 reps (warm up)
Squats - 30's/30's/30's/30's
(I used dumbbells)

Elevated Deadlifts - 60#/60#/60#/60#

Leg Press Station - 155#/155#/155#/155#
(Was supposed to be Front Squats)

Static Lunges - 25's/25's/25's/25's
(Used dumbbells on this too)

I did not rest as long as it said to, just fast forwarded through it to give myself like 1 and 1/2 minute of rest.

Workout was 60 minutes, burned 386 calories, HR was 124/168 and went 3322 steps.

Diane Sue - Hope your roof is done by now. That Boxing/Tubing workout you did looks pretty cool, I may try that. That is so odd about your gas fireplace. I love our pellet stove, so easy to use and clean and it heats the house incredibly nice. Don't know how we got through winters without it.

Jolie - What's the new furniture for? I thought you were getting rid of stuff to make your move easier. LOL!!! Wow, sounds like a crazy time for you, hope all goes well. It seems like it's moving all so fast.

Roselyn - You always to back to the tried and true BB!! Great workout, love those workouts.

Roxie - Why are you doing workouts that aren't your favorite? Forget them, do something you love to do! Makes the workout go much better. I'm looking forward to trying Kelly's new workouts and Cathe's when they get delivered!

Belinda - I for some reason thought you got a new dog, sorry! I know what you mean, I still miss my Bear so much. I think of him all the time. So sad to lose our friends, it sucks. I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, how terrible. My prayers are out to him and you and your family.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

The furniture that was delivered is just for staging the house so it looks really good. Today I actually got in a dog walk but I have maids and the designer coming to clean and prep the house for the professional pictures being taken tomorrow. My gym is getting put back together today so hopefully I can workout maybe in the morning tomorrow. Otherwise, I get to start on Friday!!!!! How I miss working out!

Great workouts today ladies and hi to the newest members on our thread. I miss you all but I have to push forward so I can get this house back to normal.

Debbie, what are you going to do next after STS? I am not sure what to do going forward.

Roselyn, I hope your daughters wedding was beautiful and I hope your dad got to attend.

Diane Sue, I will go back and read all of your posts and see what you have been up to in the past week. I am dying to make some turkey chili for fall now. I am graving some low cal foods!

Doz, i hope all is well and you are getting your workouts in!

Have a nice day and pray for me! I am out of my comfort zone right now and it is hard on me.

Hi everyone,

I did RWH legs this morning before the roofers showed up. Next time I will do the leg only premix. I did most of the jumping on my rebounder.

The roofers showed up this morning. I am glad they have a huge crew working. Right now we have 8 people working on the roof/siding. This morning it was very noisy, the dogs were all afraid. They are doing much better this afternoon.

Diane Sue - you are an Army brat :) You moved around a lot too. I have never been to California. DH has family that lives in California, and he was born there. I was born and raised in Nuremberg, Germany. December 1, we will be married 35 years. He was stationed only one week in Germany when we met. I was only 19. My husband retired from the Army after 31 + years. I was tired off all that moving and him being gone constantly. We stayed a total of 21 years in Germany :) We moved 12 times maybe more? We were stationed at Fort Steward GA once, Fort Bliss twice, Fort Sill OK once. We lived all over Germany. Zirndorf, Pirmasens, Vilseck, Bamberg, Auschaffenburg, Grafenwoehr. Now we live in WV. Both my kids live in DC. I like it. Lots of things to see and do.

Debbie - Thank you about my brother in law. I am not ready for another dog. Brawler had Degenerative Myelopathy (DM). DM is devastating disease :( Sorry about Bear. I think about Brawler all the time too. I miss him so much. I have tears in my eye just talking about him. It's too soon. We still have ChuChu, he is almost 14. He can't hardly hear and has hip problems.

Jolie - good luck with the house. I hope all goes well.

Have a good one, everyone.

Good Afternoon,

I did KCM Body Training 1 and for a workout that doesn’t use wt this one really fries you legs. I went out to DD’s house so she could help with my resume to apply for a hospital pharmacy job. MIL is back in the hospital happens about every 6 months needs attention.

Debbie-I am following and 8 week rotation Kelly put out and unfortunately she didn’t use a lot of the new workouts. DH ordered a Roku stick so I can put the Raw workouts on my tv instead of my iPad.

Roslyn-staging would be cool to watch and ask about the thought process behind the design.

Diane Sue-you have been to a lot of places.

Roxie - no problem. Congrats on the new puppy. Puppies are so much fun. They are still working on the roof. Thank goodness they have a lot brought a lot of people. I think they will be done tomorrow, doesn't look like they will get everything done even with so many people. At least it gets done.

The roofers came and finished the roof. As soon as they left I got out to the grocery store. I really needed some things. When I got back I cleaned the carpet in the sun room.

Debbie, breaking a blood vessel is painful. I am sorry that happened. I have found I do much better with my knees on those heavy lower rep slower weight workouts for legs. I used to wear my weight vest and then use a lighter bar for front squats or an attachment with the Bowflex when I had it.
My daughter had a wood burning stove in their family room that really heated well. They wanted one in the house they are in for their downstairs living room, but the way their house is built there was a problem with the exhaust and setting it up.

Jolie, praying for you and that things go well with the house sale and it sells quickly. I know how much you like your workouts and those long walks. I am sure that you miss it very much.

Belinda, that is great that your roofers showed up today too :) I hope they get it done quickly for you. You have done your share of moving too. My husband and I moved to Texas for a short while from California then we moved to Oklahoma where my parents were. We have been here for 39 years. It is nice being in the same state as all of my children and grandchildren. I am sure that you love where you are at now :) Actually it was Army brat then my dad went into the Airforce. That is the military branch he was in when we moved to England. I have no clue why he switched. England was a great experience as a child. I have lots of memories there.

Roxie, I love the Roku. So much so that we have two sticks and two players. My husband has a stick for the one in the bedroom for when he uses the Tread Climber and his weight bench. I have a stick for the guest room and grandchildren, then I recently bought a Roku 4 player for the living room as we use Directv now, Netflix, and Amazon video. That way I was able to take the Roku 3 upstairs for my workout room. I tried to get Cathe live on the Roku stick and it wouldn't work. It works perfectly with the Roku 3. That is what I am now using for Vimeo and Coffey Fit Raw. I stopped the Cathe live for now. I saw Kelly posted a rotation. I really did not look it over well. I thought I saw something about substituting some workouts. I guess I would need to go back and look. Good luck with the resume.

Doz, I hope your workouts went well today ;)

Hi, to Roselyn

Today I wasn't in the mood to run, however now I wish I would have. I decided to give Kelly's new Step Boxing 1 workout a try and although I really liked it, it sure didn't get my HR up or make me sweat. I also have a hard time following her because she does things so opposite of Cathe. LOL! I know I'll get it eventually, and I did enjoy the step combos. I only used the platform because my knees do not like step workouts anymore. They started to bother me a bit towards the end. Fun workout, but not too challenging.

Then I tried to do her RAW Core workout and my stupid laptop kept buffering and stopping the workout. Nothing more irritating than that, let me tell you! A 24 minute workout turned into a 15 minute one. Not happy about that, my DH said he would see what is going on tonight. We just got Spectrum and I don't think I'm getting a good signal in my workout room. Love the workout, can't wait to do it all in its entirety.

Step workout was 30 minutes, burned 237 calories and went 3026 steps. HR was 138/193. 193 is totally incorrect, I never reached that level of intensity with this workout. Fitbit totally logged that wrong.

Jolie - So how does that work? You buy new furniture to show the house and then are you going to take it with you to the new house? Or is it something you rent and then send back? Cool way to go, especially when you want to sell. Hope you can get a workout in soon. I will just do whatever workout I feel like doing after STS. I want to start back with Kelly's RAW and new DVD workouts.

Diane Sue - Yes, that broken blood vessel is really uncomfortable. My whole finger is purple today and it keeps getting so cold I can't feel it. I have that issue with my fingers though - Raynaud's disease. It's a circulation problem. This finger keeps going numb and I have to run it under hot water to get the feeling back. It sucks. I'm glad your roof is finally fixed, I'm sure that is a relief for you! Nice job with Cross Fire!

Belinda - Great job with your workout and I hope your house fixes get done soon. I hear you on the pet thing, I can so relate!! We still have two cats, though, so I'm thankful for them.

Roxie - Where did you find Kelly's rotation? The workout you did yesterday sounds like a good one, I don't think I have it yet. That is cool that your DH is buying you the Roku stick, but I'm not sure you can do RAW on it. I have Roku and I still have to get to Kelly's workouts through her website. I tried to find it on Roku and couldn't. If you figure it out, let me know.

DOZ - Come back and post your workouts, miss you girl!!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Good Morning,

I have been fighting a migraine for two days I think it’s sinus related my nose won’t quit running and my face hurts. I will be back for more personals tonight after work.

Debbie-it was on her Facebook page haven’t checked her website. I am not sure how Roku works but a lot of people on her page says that is how they stream her workouts and I want it for my spin workouts.

Good morning,

RWH Plyo 1 is done. I couldn't figure out how to do all those Plyo jumps on my JumpSport so I ended up modifying on the floor. My knees can't handle all that high impact. Cathe moved all over the place in this one, lol. I had to modify pretty much every move. On some of the moves I just marched in place, lol. Like the one arm burpees. I did like the music especially at the end when she did the stretching. I heard that song before but can't remember which workout? I hope Plyo 2 is a lot easy on my knees.

They didn't get the roof done yesterday, I think they will be done with the roof/ siding today. I can't believe how cold it is :( We have the heater on. It dropped into the 40's last night.

Diane Sue - glad your roof is done. The roofers didn't get everything done yesterday. They are still working on parts of the roof and siding. I am pretty sure they will get everything done this afternoon. They will do my neighbors house next, lol. We did moved a lot in the military. I would do it all over again. We had a lot of fun in the Army. Yes, it is nice being in the same state. I am glad my kids live close enough we can visit them whenever we want. We been here for 7 years. Time flies.

Roxie - oh no! I hope you feel better soon. I used to get sinus/ear infections a lot when we lived in Germany, I am not sure if you remember? I still have sinus problems but nothing like had years ago. Sinus infections are no fun. Take care of yourself.

Debbie - I am glad you still have your other cats. Pets are like kids. I never had cats. I always wanted one. Our shelter has those cute kittens. I always had dogs. I am thankful I still have ChuChu, he changed a lot since Brawlers passing. Now he follows me everywhere I go. Hi is 14 years old, can't hardly hear. Good job, on your step boxing workout this morning. Even with the platform my knees starting to border me. I do step workouts without a step. I know it sounds crazy, but you get used to not using a step. I don't have to worry about dripping over my step watching the tv, lol. You get lots of steps in too. Sorry to hear about your finger. That is horrible! Is there something the doctor can do?

I will try to check in later.

This morning I did Fit Split Low Impact timesaver cardio only 27 minutes, 119 average 149, met 5.8, 173 calories 1,966 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Sculpting RX workout #1, 44 minutes with the warm up(you can do it without the warm up) heart rate average 108, max 144, 859 steps, met 4.5, 218 calories. Total time was 71 minutes, 391 calories. I went up in the weights on most again. This is the fourth time through this since I have done it once each week. I will move on to something else for heavy weights.

Sculpting RX 10 reps all exercises done in supersets each superset done two times
Hammer curls 20## dbs, 20# dbs
weights on shoulders squat out and hold then second set pulses 25#dbs, 20# dbs

front curls 15# dbs, 20 # dbs
front lunge on step back knee pull 20#dbs, 20# dbs

alternating supination curl 20# dbs 20# dbs second set double arm curl
squat fold and up 20# dbs 25# dbs

row on step underhand 1 arm 30# db, 30# db
front raise 1 db 15# 15#

bent over row overhand 30# dbs, 25# dbs
lateral raise 10# dbs, 10#dbs

row from feet seated 15# dbs, 16.5# dbs(wore 1.5# gloves with 10# dbs
overhead press seated 1 & 1/2 10# dbs, 11.5# dbs

flys pinky in 15# dbs , 16.5# dbs
skull crusher 15# dbs, 16.5# dbs

bench press 16.5# dbs, 16.5# dbs
seated kickbacks 16# dbs, 15# dbs

push ups
dips with pulses

Debbie, that does stink about your fingers and the numbness I can relate to. My arthritis stinks and my wrists are achy from the lifting and plank work I have been doing. You could probably follow the lady that does not use the step. Kelly doesn't really hop around on it that much. I think my heart rate doe get up a bit higher with her other step boxing workouts. Maybe on the floor with a few more hops and lifting. I keep meaning to try it out without the step. Maybe you could get a signal booster for your internet. I remember us having something like that at our old house. It just did not get the signal well upstairs for my internet service and the house was huge. Talk to your internet company. I know the feeling of drop outs while doing workouts. I have got that more with Cathe's when I use my lap top to stream the newest workouts that I cannot stream with my Roku. For some reason the Roku seems better than using HDMI and my laptop. Although when we watch Fox News it has dropouts a lot and gets pretty irritating. It is like someone is pushing a button when they don't want you to hear a speech or something.

Roxie, Kelly's Home Gym intervals are fun to do using a Spin Bike She has two on her streaming channel and a run with me workout. I am sorry you have had a migraine. I used to get those all of the time. For some reason they finally pretty much quit. I just get pain from my neck up and sometimes sinus which has been nagging at me the last few days.

Belinda, I would like the music on the stretch too, but because I was done LOL Those 1 arm burpees are tough. I go at my own speed for some of that stuff. Time does fly by quickly. Hard to believe we have been in our house near 5 years now. It feels much shorter.

Last edited:
Diane Sue - KCM Sculpting RX looks really good. She works the upper body and lower body in supersets. I am trying not to cave, lol. Great job! Is the Roku connected to direct tv through a satellite and how to you pay for it? We have a smart tv not even sure if we need a Roku? Do you have less buffering with a Roku when you stream? SBF site buffers a lot. LOL, I also the last song in any workout. I can't do the 1 arm burpees, I can't go up and down with my back. Had my share on back problems. If I do them I usually use a chair, this way I don't have to go down on the floor. I can't believe we have been in our house 7 years already. Time really flies.

Diane Sue - KCM Sculpting RX looks really good. She works the upper body and lower body in supersets. I am trying not to cave, lol. Great job! Is the Roku connected to direct tv through a satellite and how to you pay for it? We have a smart tv not even sure if we need a Roku? Do you have less buffering with a Roku when you stream? SBF site buffers a lot. LOL, I also the last song in any workout. I can't do the 1 arm burpees, I can't go up and down with my back. Had my share on back problems. If I do them I usually use a chair, this way I don't have to go down on the floor. I can't believe we have been in our house 7 years already. Time really flies.

Belinda-if you have a smart tv you don’t need it mine isn’t it’s about 10 years old.

Roxie - thank you :) I never use the smart tv for streaming, I find it very complicated. I use my laptop instead, lol. I really need to sit down and start playing with the smart tv.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.