Hardcore Fitness Maniacs OCTOBER 2018

Belinda, not all televisions that are smart tvs get all of the streaming apps. I signed up for Directv now and got the app on my Roku. It is a pay monthly cable streaming service that can be cancelled at any time. When I signed on it was 35 dollars a month. Now they are charging 40.00. We just have the base package, but it still has plenty of programming for us and the news that we prefer to watch. The Roku has been the best for Cathe live. I tried both of my sticks and they did not work. Cathe says Roku 3 or higher player. I also havve put the Les Mills app on my Roku so I am already when I sign up. I tried with my smart tv through the web and could not get VHX or Cathe that way. A roku player does not cost that much and to me they are worth it. Even my 3D blu-ray player allows me to play You tube and Netflix, Hulu etc. but I cannot get the VHX, Cathe, or Les Mills on it.

I need to do my other check ins. I have my grandson 7 years with me today and tomorrow because it is fall break. We played with some exercise equipment and went to Sprouts. I came home with Dark chocolate, kiwi, yogurt flips, cherry turnover, and he wanted me to get some gum drops and I told him he was not going to eat all of that in two days. He does that to me during the summer and I end up with things that I do not want to eat :) He also ate yogurt pretzels and pizza. I love the grandkids :D

The roofers are still working, it's almost 7 p.m and dark outside. They are going to come tomorrow and finish the rest of the roof and siding. I guess it's taking them longer than a day, lol. They do have a lot of people working on the roof. We have a huge house. They still have to finish the roof above the garage and porch.

I don't even know if our smart tv has apps or not? Our tv isn't that old. I am going to have to check tomorrow. I do know, we can use the tv for the internet, Amazon. I did stream (well DH did) once SBF through the internet on my tv. Like I said, it was to complicated for me. Not fast enough, it that makes sense? I can stream faster through my computer. We can watch Netflix, youtube and hulu on our tv. I am going to have my husband check if we have apps on it. Thank you for all the info. Really appreciate it. Have fun with your grandson. Sounds like my kinda grocery shopping. Funny what they can eat that age.

Today was Meso 3 - Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps - Week 4 and THANK GOD I'm done!!! Had an ok workout, just did not feel like doing this one. I only did the first 3 sets, could not bring myself to do the entire workout. SLACKER!

About 1 min. rest between and the was 30 seconds towards the end
Trisets done 3 times through:

Triset 1
Shoulder Press warmup
- 12's/15's - 15/12 reps
Barbell Overhead Press - 40# - 8 reps
Barbell Curls - 42# - 8 reps
Lying Triceps Extension - 17# - 8 reps

Triset 2
Seated Lateral Raise
- 13's - 8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 22's - 8 reps
One-Arm Seated Overhead Extensions - 16# - 8 reps

Triset 3
Seated Rear Delt Flies
- 17's - 8 reps
Hammer Curls - 23's - 8 reps (was supposed to be concentration curls - hate those)
Close Grip Barbell Press - 60# - 8 reps (was supposed to be Cross Body Extensions)

Workout was 52 minutes, burned 358 calories and HR was 129/168. I did 2210 steps.

I have to take my mom to a doctor's appointment so no time for personals. Hope you all have a great workout today. I will try to come back later!!

Reactions: WD
Good Morning,

I did KCM Stepboxing 1 the original and I have always liked this one. My headache finally went away while I was sleeping.

Debbie-Yay you are done hope everything goes ok with mom.

Rosalyn-good job with your workout today

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Kick Step Boxing 70 minutes, 463 calories, met 6.0, heart rate average 128, max 160, 6,129 steps. I have my grandson here and I am expecting a call from the roofers as we called and left messages. Our roof is still leaking same as before :(

Roxie, is that the very first kickboxing one. I loved that one and seem to have lost it. The one I did was done with the Cardio Sculpt Fitness workout that uses the step. I have always loved both of these.

Debbie, nice job getting it finished :)

Good morning,

We have people working on the roof installation and siding. They also will work on the gutters today. We had a lot of damage from the storm a few weeks ago.

It's so cold outside, we had frost on the ground. Not looking forward to the chilly weather.

I slept in this morning. The roofer showed up really early this morning. I couldn't get my workout in. Besides taking the dogs for walk, I doubt I will get a workout today. We shall see. The dogs are scared from all the loud noises.

I will try to catch up with personals later.

I am officially back to working out!!!!!! However, I could not get to my heavier DB's so 20's were the heaviest I could lift during my workout this morning. The realtors took the professional pictures of my house as well as the video for the internet. I have to say it looks amazing and now I hate to move LOL ! I have a showing today and it wont even be on the market till next but they have someone very interested in buying it. I hope we don't have to have too many open housed because it is too hard to keep the house that clean all of the time. Literally, everything is packed up that was on counter tops or table tops. Today I did a Total Body Workout minus the ABS. I did 4 rounds of the Circuit and the last round was to failure. Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 376 calories.

STS Warm Up

Chest Press- Warm Up- 15's x 12

Chest Press- 20's x 12 x 12, x 12, x 21 TF

1 Arm Rows- 20's x 12, x 12, x 12, x 22 TF

Bicep Curls- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12, x 18 TF

Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12, x 12, x 12, x 20 TF

Leg Ext.- 60# x 16, x 16, x 16, x 18 TF

Deadlifts BB- 45# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 13

I have to go back and read all of the posts from the last week or so. Great job getting some kick butt workouts in!!!!

I notice we have some new gals so welcome!!!

I have my son and his roommate from college flying into town today for the weekend so I have a lot to do today. It will be 90 degrees at the beach today so that is what we plan on doing for the weekend. We are also going to the number one football game in the country tonight, high school, my boys old school so that is going to be so much fun! I will be tired tomorrow but it will be well worth it!

Have a fabulous day.

Belinda, our guys never seem to show up till around lunch time. I often wonder what they are doing all morning. They will say they will be here by 10 and it is usually way after that, or we are calling them. Not very good business. Now they want to send a regular roofer out even though it was a regular roofer that recommended them for the sun room area after they had looked at it. I paid because it didn't make sense to call insurance since it was only a little higher than our deductable. Now we may be having more work :( I am rather angry and frustrated by the whole thing. I hurried and got my workout in early just in case someone wanted to come out. Unfortunately it is raining, hence the leaking so no one is going to want to get up on the roof. I do not like cold frosty weather. I would much rather deal with heat.

Jolie, I missed your post somehow. Maybe it was because I was still typing and stopped to get warm my grandson's pumpkin latte up. I am wondering if they left the coffee out? LOL he is 7. They bought me one too :) We are having a family get together Sunday and I am planning the chili and rolls etc.. I made cookies. I am not sure what all everyone else is bringing. I know my older daughter is bringing chili toppings.
20 # is not a bad weight. Nice job getting a workout in finally. I always hated having to keep the house spotless and nothing sitting out. Plus taking our two dogs out with me was tedious. Keeping the yard cleaned up after the dogs constantly as well. It would be nice if you make a quick sale.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness, cardio and drills mix, 40 minutes, average heart rate 127, max 176, 265 calories, 3,018 steps, met 6.0. I was short on time as we went to my daughter's this morning so my husband could help our son in law work on his deck and steps around the front and side of their house. He has had a hard time getting it done with rain and activities. I really had planned on doing the full workout to get in some weights. I have things to get ready for our family get together tomorrow. I ended up with my 3 younger grandchildren together yesterday afternoon and evening.

Roselyn, nice work!

Belinda, great job with Ripped with Hiit weights.

Diane Sue - oh no...on your guys showing up so late. I agree, showing up late is not good business. Our guys show up before 8 a.m and leave around 7 p.m. They only take a 30 min lunch break. They are working really hard, doing a really good job. We are on day 4 today. The roof and siding are done. They did a good job on the roof and siding. They delivered the wrong gutters, they will have to finish them on Monday. They have 2 guys on the ground all day picking up whatever mess the roofer/siding guys make. They searched my front yard/back yard with a giant magnet for nails. They're doing a very good job with picking up after themselves. The company we went with isn't local, they are an out of state company. They are storm chasers. We also get a life time warranty on roof/siding. The warranty will also carry over to the next owner. The local roofer couldn't beat it. Every time we call the site supervisor directly he comes right away and answers every questions or concerns we have. He has never ignored any of our calls. When we walk the dogs in the neighbor hood we see him driving around making sure everything gets done right, rolls down this window and chats with us. They are very friendly. We have no complaints so far. Today we notice the gutters they delivered were shiny, our the old ones were not. We have a HOA, we can not change anything on the outside of our house without a permit/or the HOA approval. The boss was super nice, told us they would get it done on Monday. DH and I are very please with them.
My husband brother was placed in hospice, he is taking a turn for the worst. My DD and son are in TX for a wedding. I am dog sitting my son's 2 dogs. DD left her dog with her friend. Last night DD's friend called and said Bootcho bit her, he would not come to her, she couldn't get him outside, WTH? She said she was afraid of the dog, lol. The dog is tiny. DH and I drove to DC last night picked up the dog. Bootcho was so happy to see us. When we picked up the dog DD's friend said, well he really didn't bite me, WTH? We drove over 3.5 hours round trip. Driving into DC on a Friday night is insane. Now we have 4 dogs. My son isn't coming back until Tuesday, and DD isn't coming back until Monday late afternoon. I pray that my BIL is hanging in there a few more day. I really hate the thought of DH driving to Ohio alone. The drive is over 6 hours one way. Sorry for the long rant!

Belinda, I sure hope you can see your brother in law soon. Your roofers sound like the ones we had in the past. We used them more than once, but when my husband tried to contact them, he got a whole different roofing company in another state and apparently the guy that took care of ours was not there anymore. He covered things till they got materials to do the repair and was fast getting it done and helping with the insurance. We were pleased. This roof thing is a nightmare. Hopefully it does not cost us a whole lot more money. Why in the world would your daughter's friend tell you the dog bit you? That was a waste of a trip and now your daughter will have to come to get it. 4 dogs should keep you busy for sure. I watched our nephew's dachsund once and it really did bite me when I was trying to set it's bowl down for it to eat. It had a tendency to act like it wanted petted and get in your lap and the snarl and try to bite. I would not watch it again after that. When they had their little boy I was worried. It finally did bite and they had it put to sleep. It just did not have a nice personality.
Sending prayers out that you get to see your husbands brother and he does not have to drive out by himself.

Diane Sue - thank you about my BIL! That's messed up your roofer isn't here anymore. I hope you get is straighten out soon. Your roof situation does sounds like a nightmare. Sorry you are going through this. I also liked their policy on one is allowed to come into your house. I am glad I didn't had people run and out the house all day long to use the bathroom. I have no idea what my daughter's friend problem is? We also have to separate all 4 dogs when they eat. My son's dogs get so aggressive they start biting. A lot of dogs are aggressive when you try to put food in from of them. Brawler was a sweetheart, I could take food out of his mouth. I miss him. ChuChu used to be very aggressive when we feed them, after Brawlers passing he changed. We had a dog trainer, he recommend not to feed ChuChu, until the dog calms down.

Today I went for a 6 mile walk, 1 hour 52 minutes and I burned 921 calories. I did a lot of hills so this was a tough walk today. My son just left back to school so now I have a lot to clean up! 3 college football players are messy!

Have a nice day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.