Hardcore Fitness Maniacs OCTOBER 2018

Today starts week 4 of Meso 3 and I did Chest & Back. Had a good workout, just looking forward to this being over. I'm sick of the repeated information on each workout, it would have been nice had all of STS workouts been a fresh workout. With the cost of the series, it is a little disappointing that they copy/pasted the workouts. Hearing Cathe say the same things over and over gets old fast. I guess I'm just itching to do something different, I'll be glad when this week of workouts is over.

About 1 min. 20 second rest between each exercise and set
Flat Bench Press - 55#/65# warmup - 12 reps each
Push/Pull - 4 sets/8 reps, alternating exercises
Flat Bench Press - 80#/80#/80#/80#
Barbell Rows - 55#/55#/55#/55#

Flat Bench Flies - 27's/27's/27's/27's
One Arm Rows - 37#/37#/37#/37#

Incline Bench Press - 80#/80#/80#/80#
Barbell Deadlifts - 55#/55#/55#/55#

Incline Bench Flies - 27's/27's/27's
One Arm Horizontal Rows - 32#/32#/32#

I walked in place during the long rests and was able to get some good steps in as well. I ran out of time and did not do the last set of this workout. I even fast forwarded through the rest periods and still didn't have enough time to finish.

Workout was 60 minutes, I burned 429 calories, and did 3410 steps. HR was 132/182.

Diane Sue - Nice job with your workouts this weekend!! I hope you can get your roof fixed this week. It's raining here today, the bottom has dropped and it is cold. I guess fall has finally arrived.

Belinda - Handstands? No way! I remember doing those back in the day and not liking them then! LOL! Nice job on your workouts!

Roselyn - So happy your dad was able to be at the wedding, I'm sure everyone was grateful he was there! I hope he continues to improve with his health. Looking forward to seeing pictures, hope you can post them on here because I'm not on FB.

Roxie - Great job getting a workout in even when you didn't want to! :)

DOZ - Nice going with GS Legs. Love the Gym Style workouts!

Jolie - Hope all is going well with you and that your moving is going as planned. I don't envy you!

Good Morning,

I will workout after work tonight DH won’t be home. We have snow on the ground here this morning not a lot but its there. I am really looking forward to the new Cathe workouts the scenery is nice the outfits looked good and some of the moves they are showing look interesting. I am hoping this series gets me back into great shape.

Good morning,

RWH Back, Shoulders and Biceps is done.

Debbie - 2 more workouts and you are done with STS. Impressive weights I really want to do another round but really wait a few month. Yeah, handstands. That was a tough workout. I doubt I will do it again, lol. I am too old for that kinda brutal workouts.

Roxie - the new series does look great. I do like the new scenery and outfits.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Quick check in and I will come back in a bit. I need to shower as the roofers are coming this morning :D
I did Fit Split Cardio Shred timesaver #1 cardio only, 29 minutes, 198 calories, heart rate average 140, max 179, met 6.2, 198 calories, 2,661 steps.

Diane Sue - glad your roof gets fixed today. Good luck! . Ours has to wait. It's raining here. This morning my son dropped of his dogs, he has 2 dogs. Lots of energy. One is still a puppy. Tomorrow my daughter in law and DS are flying to TX. Her brother is getting married on Saturday. Both my kids dogs love running around in the yard.

I see Kelly put up another workout on her raw channel. It is boxing and bands 40 minutes. I will probably try that one out tomorrow and add some extra weight work or one of her finishers to it. I am still waiting on the roofers :O I could have done a decent workout this morning.

Debbie, I have found that with many workouts that are done in a series like that. I have Tai Cheng from Beach Body and never could figure out why the daily workouts when it was the exact same workout with three add ons as it progressed. What a waste of money. Or I guess it made it a money maker as it was deceiving that you get X amount of discs and not more workouts out of it. Yes, STS is repetitive and I wondered the same thing. I am not sure how they would fit in the changes on the side though. It gets tedious after awhile. Maybe that is why I only tend to use it as two weeks per meso cycle most of the time because I get bored with it. I don't care for long drawn out rotations that hardly change. Mixed up workouts are better in my opinion.

Roxie, I am hoping to purchase the new workouts I think. We have so many obligations with our vehicle problems and now the roof and we need new tires so I keep holding back. I may have to do what I did with Ice and purchase one or two at a time at a higher expense. I would like to get the downloads and dvds though I would not do that if I do it later. They are looking interesting to me. Have a good workout this evening :)

Belinda, two dogs will keep you busy, It always makes me think of naughty rowdy children when you get two together vying for attention. I bet the dogs are loving running around together in the yard :)

Roselyn, nice work. I looked at your facebook page last night. The wedding looks awesome and it looks like everyone had lots of fun. Your daughter's dress was beautiful. I love the the back of it. She looks beautiful. The flower girl was adorable :) Your Dad looks happy.

Diane Sue - yes, those two dogs plus mine dog are keeping me busy. My son's dog is a beagle she is full of energy. Her nose gets her in a lot of trouble, lol. She is a cutie. His other dog is still a puppy. She is scared of everything. My son lives in a small apartment, here they can run around in our yard. How is your roof coming along? Ours is suppose to get fixed tomorrow. We shall see.

Roselyn, great job.

Good Evening,

KCM Lift #1 after work not my favorite of her workouts I hardly ever do it.

Roselyn-did you take in every moment of the wedding?

Diane Sue-How is the roof going

Debbie-I had an inch or two of snow on my car this morning plus ice

Belinda, they sent someone out that got up there on the roof with a ladder and measured, then said he had to go cut and bend some metal and would be back tomorrow?? He did not show up till this afternoon. So now I will be rushing my workout again tomorrow because again they said they would be here at 10 a.m.. Beagles are really cute. It is funny how some dogs are afraid of things and others are more curious.

Roxie, I am trying to put Kelly's Lift workout in my head. I can't remember which one it is. I sometimes get them mixed up. As, stated above, the roof is not done. Hopefully they will get it all done tomorrow. They originally said half a day to get it done.

Jolie, I hope that your getaway with your husband was enjoyable.

Diane Sue - I am sorry about the roofer. That's messed up they didn't show up. I hope they will show up today. Today our roof is suppose to get fixed too. They dropped all the material in my driveway. If they do show up today the roof will be done today. Hopefully it won't rain. Our area was declared as a disaster area. Not sure about the siding today. I want everything done before winter. Beagles are really cute. She is almost 10 years old. They both are great dogs and a lot of fun to have around. I used to watch my kids dogs constantly before Brawler got very sick :(

OMG today I had like the best workout. I did another one of my Cardio Coach mixed workouts - which included one challenge from Volume 3 and two challenges from Volume 8. It was tough but I did really well with it. Got my 10,000 steps in at 7:30 a.m.!!! How cool!

Workout was 62 minutes, ran 4.64 miles, burned 569 calories and did 9170 steps. HR was 149/182. Woo hoo!!!

Diane Sue - Wow on your roof, I think I would be calling the owner and complain, that is so wrong. So are you getting a metal roof? I can't wait to see all the new workouts on Kelly's RAW. I haven't checked it out in some time. Looking forward to next week where I can do some of them.

Roxie - SNOW!!!??? OMG! It was 39 degrees this morning here, so very cold. We have our pellet stove running for sure. I think we skipped fall. Great job on your workout!

Roselyn - I really want to see some pics. I'm sure the wedding was simply beautiful. Where did the newly weds to for their honeymoon?

Belinda - Yep, two more days of STS. So glad!! Great job with your workout!! LOL on your dogs. I know you are watching your sons dog, but did you get another one?

Jolie - Hope you are doing well, check in when you get time. Miss hearing from you!

DOZ - Hope you are doing well! Are you doing the Gym Style workouts now?

Have great workouts everyone!!

Good Morning,

KCM Cardio Blast Athletic Step this morning another one of my not so favorites.

Diane Sue-it is suppose to be Olympic lifting a lot of power moves but they just feel awkward. Wow on the roof.

Debbie-yes snow but this week is in the 50’s so a littytaste of fall.

Good morning,

I did Low Impact HiiT One. Had to modify a few moves.

Diane Sue - Arrr....I hope your roof gets fixed today. The roofers dropped of a dump truck this morning. Left to clean up another house in our neighborhood. My husband is home. Glad he is will all the dogs.

Debbie - WOW, on your step count this morning. Fantastic job! We do have another dog ChuChu. He is almost 14 years old. We adopted him from the shelter in TX a month before we adopted Brawler. I am not ready to adopt another dog. I still miss Brawler. I probably will start fostering dogs in the future.

Today I got an early start again and got more done. The roofers are out here. It was sprinkling this morning and we do have chance for rain till 1. I just know they said if they seal it and it is wet it may not hold the seal. Hopefully it is dry enough since it did not rain yesterday.
I started with Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Tubing using 3# dumbbells for the boxing and my 20# b-lines tubing from Beach Body. This was 45 minutes (time for writing and letting the dog in actual 40 minutes) met 5.1, 253 calories, 122 average heart rate, 150 max heart rate, 1966 steps. I then did Raw Intervals #3 using 5,8, 15, and 12# dumbbells, (Kelly uses 10's and 3's and it suggests 7 and 15#) , 27 minutes, average heart rate 122, max 150, met 5.8, 173 calories, 1910 steps. I showered and decided to go back and do the Raw Large muscle finisher (I really didn't think they would come for the roof) It took me 25 minutes, but is 21 minutes because I had stops cause of the workers. I burned 128 calories for this workout.
Total time was 97 minutes calories burned 554 I won't put up Intervals 3 here right now. I like it because everything is standing upper body moves and the lower is really in the cardio moves.
Boxing and Tubing 40 minutes 3# dumbbells and tubing with handles (maybe could use a loop band on the leg work JMO)
w/ up boxing and twists 4 minutes
boxing with weights
tubing biceps curls alternating then double arms
boxing crosses weights
tubing side to side steps standing on tubing
boxing hooks weights
tubing shoulders lateral raise all the way up alternating
boxing upper cuts weights, tempo then alternating quick
tubing standing chest press 2 sets followed by water break
tubing legs side to side steps same as before 2 sets
boxing jab cross weights 2 nd set tempo
tubing 2 sets back squeeze
boxing hook upper cut, jab cross weights
tubing lateral leg raises
abs crunch, leg in crunch, double leg lifts, split leg lifts
RAW LARGE MUSCLE FINISHER 21 minutes (my weights)
squat 25# dbs
lunge 15# dbs
bench press with pulse push 15# dbs
flys pinky in 15# dbs
Rows 30 # db single arm
Pullover 30# db (Kelly misses the 2nd round and adds alternating rows at the end of the third round)
Repeat for 3 rounds total

Belinda, it is like having doggy grand kids LOL I used to watch my daughter's dogs before their family moved out in the country. Now they just have neighbors and friends do it because they have to have someone attend to the cows and stuff as well. They can't ship the cows out LOL Right now they do not have chickens. Something came in and killed all of their chickens. The bees are on their own!! I got some fresh honey from them a couple of weeks ago :D Having roofers and dogs is not an easy task. I remember doing that with two dogs and them needing to go outside. One scared one of the roofers. He stepped into the back yard and she went flying after him looking terribly vicious. I had never seen her look like that before and tink I would have run too. If Gertie needs out I will just take her out front on a leash. She keeps whining at me wanting to go out and see what is going on and grumbling at me. I know she doesn't need out. I made sure she went out just before they got here and she generally does not want out again till late afternoon. My husband tried to get me to take in another pup that looks a lot like Gertie, down to the white patch on it's chest. It is a papered black lab. I said no. I don't want to deal with two dogs right now.

Debbie, awesome work on the step count this morning. I only get close to 10,000 steps most of the time. I totally forget about it until my FitBit goes off with all of the fireworks :) I bet you are ready to be done with STS. You are better at sticking with it than I am. The last two days I sat around the house with a sweater on and a jacket. This morning I finally started the heat for a little while. I think it is going to warm back up. At least I hope so. It is too early for winter weather. I guess I could just light the gas fireplace but it really requires two people. They put the gas key on the end of the wall by the fireplace. Way to far to turn on the gas with one hand and hold a lighter in the other to light it. I thought my husband was going to blow himself up a couple of times trying it by himself. Odd, our other house had an electric start for the gas fireplace. Although that is not so good if it doesn't work when the power is out.

Roxie, I know which workout you are talking about now. It does feel uncomfortable. I have found it works better with dumbbells for me rather than using the barbell. I think that there was a floor premix on that one that I used to do a lot with the barbell. I like the Cardio Blast workouts. I have used them a lot. Kelly does have a few that are not my favorites. I guess it is like any instructor. I have Cathe's that are not my favorites as well.

Roselyn, I how is your Dad after the wedding? I hope he is continuing to gain back some strength.

Ok, I am back in town, had a great trip but came back to a nightmare!!! Today all new furniture was delivered and my painting is not finished because we had a huge rain storm for 3 days and now strong winds. Came back to NO power yesterday for 24 hours!!!!! Finishing painting today and have so much stuff to still pack up. The house is getting cleaned and totally put back together tomorrow and Thursday all of the professional pictures and video will be shot. Friday my son is flying home with two friends through Sunday! Then next Wed. is the Brokers open house and then Sunday will be the first open house! Kill me now!!! I have not been able to workout in the past 6 days and feel terrible. I cannot get to my gym stuff so I there is no way. I am trying to get to my DB's to do some exercises tomorrow morning if possible. It is almost over so I am excited about that! I will come back and read all of your posts when I have a change.

Keep working out!!!! I am jealous.

PS, I look like crap and feel like crap but I know I can turn it around fast.

Reactions: WD
Diane Sue - it sure is like having doggy grand children. That is so cool your DD moved to the country. That's a lot of work having cows and bees. Does she live far from you? I am not ready for another pup too. It's too soon. Brawler was a lap mix, best dogs. It's been only a few month since Brawler passed. LOL, your dog scaring the roofer. You never know with dogs. Your dog is trying to protect his yard. Brawler would have done the same. It will be fun taking all 3 dogs outside. Thank goodness, my husband is home tomorrow too.

My husbands brother is still in the hospital , he has throat cancer. Hi is in Ohio .We got a call today brother in law isn't doing well. They only giving him a few day's maybe a few weeks. Tomorrow my brother in law will move in to hospice. The roofer didn't come today to fix the roof/siding. First they said they needed a clean up at a house. Then we got another call in the afternoon saying their truck broke down. Hopefully they came tomorrow. When my kids come back from the wedding DH and I will drive to Ohio to see his brother. My DD is also going to the wedding or I would ask her to stay with all the dogs, she isn't flying out until Friday. The wedding is on Saturday, DD will fly in and out and will be back on Sunday.

Reactions: WD

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.