Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2017

Roselyn, I almost did the lower body with kettlebell workout on You Tube for lower body today, but since I already had the dvd in I just went on using it.

Today is Sunday and it is overcast and cool outside! I walked for 6 miles, 1 hour and 50 minutes and burned 702 calories. I walked fast the entire time and it felt great! 101 average and 140 max heart rate.

Last week I only worked out twice but got to the bottom of my sons issues in school, Yesterday he was in testing the whole day to find out what his learning disability is so we can address it asap. There is light at then end of the tunnel! This way we can work on it without meds and retrain his brain.

I hope you have a great day!

I did the same workout as last Monday only in Superset form. Had a great workout. Stayed the same weights for some of the exercises and went up with others.

3 sets/5 reps with 2 minute rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's

SS #1
Incline Bench Press
- 85#
Barbell Row - 60#

SS #2
Leg Press
- 165#
Overhead Barbell Press - 45#

SS #3
EZ Barbell Curls
- 45#
Close Grip Barbell Press - 75#

Then did 1.25 miles on my treadmill doing the Tabata workouts for the first 11 minutes. Love that workout.

Workout was 53 minutes, burned 134 calories, Avg. HR 97, Max 172. Went 3619 steps.

Kelly emailed me and said my order was sitting in a pile with the Build and Burn workouts. She said she would mail them out today. Yay!!!

Nice job with your workouts this weekend everyone!!! Hope you have a great one today!

Today I did Kelly Coffey's Trim Down Both workouts mix, 60 minutes, 404 calories, heart rate average 139, max 178. I used 1# dumbbells for the boxing segments and 5,8,10, and a 12# for the weight segments. This is a metabolic interval workout with boxing between weight work. I used this a lot for getting back into some lower body stuff after knee surgery. There is not too much jumping and when rehabbing my knee I modified the jacks that were in some portions. I forgot how much I liked this workout. No work sheets for this one. I really don't think with a workout where you are doing combined body parts at the same time that it would be easy to do a worksheet, plus it is rather fast paced.

Jolie, that was a nice calorie burn for your walk. I am glad that you are getting down to the learning problem and looking for ways to take care of it without medicine. Maybe your son's attitude will get better as a result as well.

Debbie, I was wondering what happened to your workouts. Kelly is usually quick. She is usually quick to respond too. I am glad she is getting the right out to you.

Last edited:
Today I did Cathe Live Upper Body Express. I added a few more exercises since it is a shorter workout, but I like it a lot. Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 389 calories. Average heart rate was 114 and max was 159. It moves quickly and gets your heart really pumping. I did some plie squats at the end and pulled a muscle in my inner thigh or it is a spasm. Boy it hurts hopefully it wont be too bad tomorrow for my workout.

Debbie,
great workout today. I cant wait to hear what you think of the new dvds that are coming from Kelly. I am going to clean out my dvd shelf and get them organized today and see what I have of hers to use. I did not order Cathe's new dvds yet, I wanted to see what you all think of them first.

Diane Sue, nice workout today and that is a really good calorie burn as well. I have always received my dvds quickly from Kelly as well, Debbie's not shipping was probably some sort of oversight. I am going to stick with Cathe Live workouts this month and then maybe switch to Kelly for December. Or, I might just mix the two along with my walking.

Roselyn, I hope you are enjoying your workouts.

Have a nice day.

Jolie, I hope it is just a spasm that will let up quickly. I am enjoying going through Kelly's workouts. I probably would have added a bit more this morning , but I had my daughter and granddaughter coming over to go to the library. We had a nice visit and lunch afterward :D

Roselyn, nice work today.

Today I did Cardio Coach 6 with Candace and had a really good workout. My Mp3 player died but luckily it was right at the last challenge so I timed it myself and then did the cool down. Not sure why it died, I charged it last week and it usually lasts a really long time on a charge. Oh well.

Workout was 54 minutes, ran 3.39 miles but my treadmill said 3.5 which is weird, usually my FB and the TM are spot on. Burned 369 calories (TM said 515) and went 7163 steps. Avg. HR 115 and Max 171.

We had some hellashious storms come through Sunday night, we lost power for 1.5 hours and there are still some in the area that have no power today. Six tornadoes touched down but luckily none near us. We probably had winds over 80 mph though. Scary stuff. We haven't had that kind of weather in November in a long time.

Jolie - Yes, it was an oversight with my Kelly workouts. You had a nice workout yesterday and glad you are getting to the bottom of your sons issues. Is it still cooler there now? It's been freezing here, winter has arrived.

Diane Sue - Trim Down sounds like fun, I might have to get that one too. LOL! Now I'm going to go crazy and get all her workouts too. Nice job!! Do you have your car back?

Roselyn - Glad you had fun doing your workout yesterday!!! Nice job!!!

Today I did a variety of workouts and was really too indecisive as to what to do. I did not want weight work today. I am so sore all over from Kelly's workouts. So, I started with the Jessica Smith Walk On Hiit Walk and using my rebounder to do it on, which required a bit of adjustments for space, 30 minutes, heart rate average 140/ max 168 :O , 3,112 steps, 193 calories. I then did Kelly's Train Like a Contender (TLC) premix lower body conditioning, 16 minutes, 88 calories, heart rate 112 average, 148 max, 802 steps. I wanted some extra core work so I did Home Gym Intervals waistline segment, 9 minutes, 45 calories, 399 steps. I finished off with Kelly's Body Design Yoga section, 13 minutes, 43 calories, 44 steps. Total time was 68 minutes, calories 369. I checked Jessica Smith's workout from the library yesterday along with Tracey Longs Stronger Longer 2 to try out. Most of the stuff there I already have or had no interest in. I have heard others used the Jessica Smith workouts on the rebounder so decided to give it a try.

Debbie, I really enjoy trim down. the time moves pretty quickly. The thing with her workouts is with the pre-mixes you can even adjust body parts worked or omit cardio or just do the cardio bits added. I find all different ways to use them.

Last edited:
Today I walked 4 miles outside and I burned 410 calories. It is cooler lately in the high 70's. It is making walking so much nicer. I am running late for the dentist so I will check back in later today. Good job ladies on your workouts today, you all rock!

Have a great day.

I did Total Body today, same workout as last Wednesday in superset form. Had a great workout!

3 sets/5 reps with 2:30 minute rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's

SS #1
Dumbbell Squats
- 25's
Upright Row - 35#

SS #2
Dumbbell Press
- 25's
Hammer Curls - 20's

SS #3
Lying Triceps Extension
- 15's
Chin ups - 3 Assists

Then did 1.25 mile on my treadmill and did the Tabata workout again. Love that workout, short and sweet! Gets my HR up good.

Workout was 56 minutes, burned 308 calories, Avg. HR 107, Max 183 (doubt that). Went 4344 steps.

Great workouts yesterday everyone!! You all rocked it!!

Running late, hope you all have great workouts!!

Today I did Cathe Live Strong Upper Body minus the core. Workout was 1 hour and 5 minutes and I am beat! I did not get a good nights rest so this was tuff to get through today. 3 rounds of Giant Sets, 12 reps per exercise with no rest! I burned 520 calories! I lifted as heavy as I could with no rests, so you can imagine you cant go too heavy or you will not make the 12 reps. I used DB's for the entire workout.

1 arm rows- 25# x 12 reps 3 rounds
DB pullovers- 12#

Seated overhead press- 15# x 12 reps 3 rounds
Rear Flies- 10#
Incline Front Raise- 8#
Lateral Raise- 8#

Chest Flies- 15# x 12 reps 3 rounds
Narrow grip chest press- 15#
Chest Press- 20#

Lying Triceps ext.- 12# x 12 reps 3 rounds
Cross Body Ext. 10#
2 arm kickbacks- 8#

Traditional Bicep Curls- 15# x 12 reps 3 rounds
W Curls- 12#
Hammer Curls- 12#

I finished with Leg Extensions. 40# x 17, x 16, x 16

I have been suffering so bad from hot flashes, fatigue and mood swings due to menopause. I am taking some supplements by Natures Way for the change of life but it hasn't done much for me yet. I wake up about 10 times per night with hot flashes or having to use the bathroom. On top of all of my stress I have this to deal with at the same time. I wish God would give me a break!

Debbie,
nice workout today. Boy, you are lifting some impressive weights lately!

I will be back later to read posts.

Have a nice day.

Today I did Tracey Long Long and Strong vol.2 , 52 minutes, 249 calories, heart rate 110 average, 153 max. I loved the warm up part of this and thoracic work at the end The rest was good and she is a good instructor. She seems to take her time explaining as she does the work. The warm up had some different types of flexibility work that I have not used before. Even the pidgeon pose has some pulses in it to get a bit more flexibity out of it. I used weights from 10-25# on this depending on what the moves were. I wanted more weight work so I did Kelly Coffey Muscle Definition workout #2, 42 minutes, 162 calories, (my Map My Fitness app had me at 270. I am thinking it should have been somewhere in between) When I printed up the Muscle Definition worksheets I thought all those pages were the whole workout. It appears to be the full workout, workout 1, workout 2 and the premix workouts for upper body. That makes more sense and I am glad I have all of those work sheets printed up. Total time today was 94 minutes, 411 calories. The time should have been a few minutes less than that. Most workouts take me a bit longer.
Tracey's workouts had a lot of compound moves with 1 sided weight moves and moves like the snatch with 4 jumps. Hard to put it all down and since it is a library loan I didn't bother.
weights
scare crow and upright row 10# dbs 8 reps both moves
dumbbell press with reverse lunge 8 per side 10# dbs
wide deadlift and squat ups 20# dbs 8 reps
repeat scare crow and upright row and dumbbell reverse lunge with same reps and weight
biceps
static curl into long curl 16 reps 8 alternate 8 both 15# dbs
hammer curl 8 reps per side 15's
weighted leg lift to the front 8 reps per side 15# db
repeat static curl/ long curl and hammer curls same weight and reps
back
single row rotation 16 reps per side 15#
plie with rows 16 reps 15# dbs
repeat single row/rotation and plie with rows same weights and reps
Triceps
cross extension and skull crusher 15# db 16 total reps 8 cross 8 skull crusher single arem
seated pulse back 12# dbs straight arms back pulses 8 reps
repeat cross extension and skull crushers
(work sheet says pulse back ) Kelly does a seated leg lift hear and I could have used ankle weights
chest
angle flys /flys 12# dbs 16 reps total 8 angle 8 regular
dumbbell rotations 12# dbs 8 16 reps
hamstring and glute bridge work
rpeat angle flys/flys and dumbbell rotations same weights

Debbie, I am with Jolie, You have been lifting some awesome weights. Nice work.

Jolie, good workout. I think sleep is one of the most crucial things that we need to handle things and feel decent. I wish I still didn't have to get up at least once a night for the bathroom breaks. I try to cut down on fluids in the evening. When I had the hot flashes and night sweats black cohosh really helped. The only thing is, it would take about 3 weeks to a month to start noticing it working and get rid of the nightmares it brought on. If I stuck with it I was fine. I would think, okay I am going to give it a try without and see if they are slowing down and save some money, then I would end up starting all over again. I fully understand how you are feeling. Those supplements get so ridiculously costly. I think I have read that some adaptogenic herbs can help. I really do not have much to offer as I started through peri menopause early and it was around 10 years before I was completely through all of the discomforts and changes. It was just working through it and the mood swings were awful. My family didn't know whether to look at me when they came in the house or not. I was constantly looking for something to help without hitting the doctor and drugstore. Even trying the same type of supplement in different brands can bring different results. I have been using greens powder for years now, mostly Amazing Grass. I recently went through several canisters of Paradise Greens which was more costly and seemed to have a larger portion and variety of herbs, probiotics, and adaptogens. I kept wondering why my head felt off, dizzy, groggy etc.. When I ran out I waited a few days and those symptoms went away. I am back to Amazing grass immunity. It does not do that to me. What I am saying is that you may have to experiment a bit to find what works.

Today I did a Cardio Coach Mix and had a really good workout. My stupid Mp3 player keeps shutting itself off after a couple minutes, I don't get why. It's fully charged. I did the warmup and the first steady state and when it got to the first challenge it shut off. So then I have to waste time turning it back on, finding the mix and then going to the track I was on. That has been happening for a while, very frustrating. Had a good workout, though.

Workout was 43 minutes, went 3.06 miles, burned 324 calories (TM said 436) and went 6182 steps. Avg. HR was 124 and Max was 170.

I also did the ab work from SJ&P.

Jolie - I hear ya!! I've been going through the stupid hot flashes and night sweats for 2 years now on and off. It's weird, like right now I'm going through it again, it seems like every 20 minutes I get a hot flash. I take Black Cohosh and now I take about 4 tablets at a time and it does seem to be working. I'll do that like twice a day. Last night I didn't sweat one time. So maybe if you're taking that, up it a bit. It is so crappy that we have to go through this. I hate it. I haven't had any mood issues, but headaches are a constant right now.

Diane Sue - Awesome workout yesterday!! You are really kicking it lately, nice job. Do you like Kelly's ab work? I still haven't received my DVD's. I hope I get them today.

Roselyn - Nice job on your upper body workout!!!

Today was cardio. I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness, cardio and abs mix, 42 minutes, 132 average heart rate, 175 max, 278 calories, 3,034 steps. I then did Kelly's Bootcamp cardio only premix skipping the warm up, 26 minutes, heart rate 144 average, 167 max, 2,558 steps. I finished off with the Tracey Long, Longer Stronger vol 2 , warm up (hip mobility and hip flexor mobility), thoracic, and stretch segments. I really like this. I am tempted to buy the workout just for those segments if it doesn't cost too much. This was 17 minutes, 38 calories. Total steps this morning were 6,247. Total time 68 minutes, 488 calories.

Debbie, there is a couple of pretty intense ab workouts on the Slim Sculpting dvd (kettlebell or weight usage 32 minute premix) and the Muscle Definition. Both are timed workouts with I believe 4 sets before moving to the next move. I have sort of a dread and love for how tough they are. Some are really good, some are basic, and I know there is one that I did recently that I need to remember , because it has a move that kills my lower back. It is sort of a lying prone and flipping the lower half of the boy backward ? It hurts that low part of my back that is right above the hip. Today's abs if from one of her earlier workouts before the 30 minutes to fitness and I can really feel them, but it is the general crunches, reverse crunches, bicycles.

I did Total Body today, same workout as last Friday but in superset form. Had an ok workout, I might start Kelly's workouts next week since I got them. I can mix them up with Cathe's.

2 sets/15 reps with 2 minute rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's

SS #1
Weighted Dips
- 35#
Stability Ball Incline Curls - 15's

SS #2
Lateral Raise
- 10's
Rear Lat Raise - 12's

SS #3
Pushups
- Love push-ups lately
Deadlifts - 40#

Then did 1.5 miles on my treadmill.

Workout was 57 minutes, burned 297 calories, Avg. HR 100, Max 147 and went 4437 steps.

Diane Sue - I'll have to check them out. I've been loving ab work lately. Looking forward to trying her workouts. You had a great workout yesterday, nice job!!!!

Hope you all have great workouts and a great weekend!!! :)

Today I did Kelly's Lean Body Circuits workout #1, 32 minutes, 125 average hr, max 152,1,933 steps, 226 calories. I then did Kelly's Muscle Definition workout # 1 , 49 minutes, 189 calories, 548 steps. Total time 78 minutes, 415 calories.
lean body circuits each rnd has a cardio and a boxing segment then weights doing two body parts 4 rounds. Kelly uses 20's Iused 20's for all but the shoulders which I used 15's for
Muscle Definition
front raise , pull back 8# dbs, 16 reps; single bent over lateral raise 8# dbs 16 reps r
knee raise lunge 15# dbs 8 reps
repeat front raise pull back and I switched to 10's for the weight
power hammer squats 15# dbs 16 reps ; concentration curls 15# 16 reps each (8 full, 8 3/4) repeat both moves same weight
overhead dumbbell pull down 12# db 8 reps each arm 2x , single pulse rows 15 dbs 16 reps
single leg deadlift squat using step 15# dbs 8,8,8 reps (8 single leg, 8 dbl, 8 single ) repeat overhead dumbbell pulldown and single pulse rows
Triceps dips and reach no weight 24 reps, 90 degree rotation extension 15# db 8/8 reps, legs & abs- seated tucks and adductors no weight.
Repeat dips and 90 degree rotation extension
wide bench press 15# dbs 8 reps , alternating press 15# dbs 8 reps hamstring glutes bridges 15# dbs repeat wide press and and alternating bench press. (Wide press is a wide press to a fly )

Debbie, good workout today. I like doing super sets. I hope that you enjoy your new workouts. I may take two says off this weekend since I have grandchildren staying here. I am so sore anyway. I could probably use a break.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.