Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2017

Today I did Biceps after a 2 mile dog walk. I did a Giant Set workout again, 5 exercises, 12 reps and did it 4 times. Workout was 30 minutes and I burned 181 calories not including the dog walk. I used only dumbbells.

Bicep Curls- 15# x 12 ( 3 rounds)

Hammer Curls- 15# x 12

W Curls- 12# x 12

Conc. Curls- 15# x 12

Incline Hammer Curls- 12# x 12

My biceps were really talking to me after this workout. I wish I had 17.5# dumbbells like they have in the gyms. 15# are getting too lite.

Debbie, nice job on the workout today. I have that dvd and I have used it a few times. It is a good workout, I am sure you will feel it. Where did you get the 17.5# dumbbells? Maybe I could find a kettlebell in that weight?

Diane Sue, Wow, that was a big workout today! Thanks for writing it all out so I can use it for workouts in the future.

Roselyn, I hope you had a great workout.

Have a nice day.

I used to use the premixes for today's workouts and split upper and lower. The upper only is a pretty long workout on it's own and is quite a workout. Doing them all is good because it is refreshing my mind on what the content is.

Jolie, nice job on getting in the walk and weights today. I have a set of Bowflex Select Tech weights which has some different increments, each starts at 5#, then 8.5# , 10, 12, 15, 17.5, 20, 22.5, 25, 30, 35 45, 50, 52.5# . I like those extra options. My husband had them delivered to me when he was out of country. I have a pair of kettlebells that are in kgs, which totals 31.5# that I sometimes use when I am doing lower body work. You could use 15# dumbbells with 2# weighted gloves. It does get to be a nuisance putting the gloves on and taking them off though. I never could figure out how Cathe got those weight packets out of those gloves so quickly on STS. I always had to pause the dvd player.

Today I just did not feel like doing much, I am exhausted with all that is going on at work this week so I decided to just walk on my treadmill. That was nice and I was able to get my HR up and burn some good calories.

Workout was 50 minutes, walked 2.5 miles, burned 291 calories (TM said 303 so not much difference this time) and went 6067 steps. Avg HR was 100 and Max was 129. Good fat burning range.

Hope you all have great workouts today!!!

Reactions: WD
Today was cardio so I did Kelly's Body Design mix of cardio bootcamp and weighted kickbox, 30 minutes, 197 calories, heart rate average 136, max 172, 2,904 steps. I then did Kelly's Cardio Blast step workout, 36 minutes, 258 calories, heart rate average 137, max 159, 3,280 steps. I finished off with the abs from Kelly's weights workout, 13 minutes, 43 calories. Total time today was 79 minutes, 498 calories. total steps this morning so far is 7014.

Debbie, good work on the cardio and keeping it in fat burning mode :)

Can you believe that it is almost Thanksgiving!!! The time has just flown by this fall, I guess having such a busy schedule can do it! Friday after Thanksgiving we are going for my son's official visit to the University of Nevada Reno to attend a football game and get a tour. I want him to commit at that school, close enough to go visit and go to the games. I can get a direct flight for $150 and it is only an hour and 20 minutes. Unfortunately, he wants to go to a bigger school like UMASS in Massachusetts so he can play Big Time Football. I would rarely get to see him since it is all the way across the country and those flights are so expensive. What to do..

Today I did Shoulders, Giant Set, 12 reps per set, no rest and I did 4 rounds. I did the entire workout using dumbbells. I added some leg extensions at the end. Workout was 32 minutes and I burned 201 calories. I am still sick, coughing a lot so it is impossible to do any cardio.

Seated Overhead Press- 15# x 12 (4 rounds)

Upright Rows- 15# x 12

1 Arm Lat Raise- 10# x 12

Incline Front Raise 2 Arms- 8# x 12

Rear Flies- 10# x 12

Leg Ext- 40# x 20, x 18, x 16, x 14

Debbie,
good job on getting the walk in today even feeling run down. Somehow doing something is better than nothing for your energy. I hope you get some rest this weekend because the holidays are right around the corner!

Diane Sue, Wow that was a long workout today and nice calorie burn. I am going on Amazon today to see if I can find some 17 or 17.5# dumbbells. 20# are just too heavy for higher rep workouts and the 15# are too lite now. There has to be something because the gyms do have these dumbbells so they get them from somewhere. What are you doing for Thanksgiving? We are going out to a nice Steak House with my parents at 1pm because my boys don't like turkey and they love steak! Also, its too big of an ordeal to cook for just a few people. I am getting Shrimp Cocktail and some soup. Yum!

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout.

Have a wonderful day.

Jolie, good job with the giant sets. I don't blame you for wanting your son to be closer so you can watch him play. I hope things go well with your tour. I will have a crowd for Thanksgiving. I am doing the turkey and mashed potatoes, a couple of lemon pies, deviled eggs, and a couple of other things. The rest of the family are bringing more sides etc. So far I count 18 of us together. It could become more.

Today I did Kelly's workout - Muscle Up/Lift to 2B Fit Workout 2, and had a great workout. This one is fun. Kelly is funny in this one - "Take a second before we start again - ok, second is over!" LOL!!!

Super Set #1
Sumo Squats
- 25# - 8 reps
Bridges - 25# - 16 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Super Set #2
Static Lunges
- 15's - 8 reps each leg
Stiff-Leg Deadlifts - 25's - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Super Set #3
Curtsy Lunges
- 15's - 8 reps
Praying Frog Squats - 16 reps (loved these!!)
Total of 2 sets not rest

Super Set #4
Flip Curls/Pledges
- 15's - 4 sets each
Skull Crushers - 15's - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets not rest

Super Set #5
Side Curls
- 12's/15's - 8 reps
Overhead Triceps Extensions - 20# - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Super Set #6
Hammer Curls
-
15's/20's - 8 reps (need to stay with 15's)
Kickbacks - 8's - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile. Got my HR up pretty good with a 2% incline. Weird.

Total workout was 55 minutes total, burned 243 calories and went 3170 steps. Avg. HR was 96, Max was 139.

I'm sorry, I don't have time for personals. I hope you all have great workouts and a great Friday!!! So glad it's Friday!!! Me and my DH are taking a CCW class tomorrow. Looking forward to it!!!

Debbie, I like that Kelly has a sense of humor :) Great workout today. I do enjoy that one too.

Today I did Kelly Coffey workout 1 and workout 2 of her Weights dvd followed by Athletic Conditioning vol 1 stretch first 16 minutes.
Workout 1 was 42 minutes including the separate warm up and writing things down. The last weight circuit was missing on the work sheet so it took me extra time. 185 calories, heart rate 97 average, 126 max. Workout 2 was 31 minutes, heart rate 109 average, 139 max, 137 calories. Stretch was 16 minutes and 25 calories.
Weights Workout #1 legs, back and chest each weight circuit done twice then a standing core recovery segment
circuit 1- 2 times
reverse fly 15# dbs 16 reps
lunges 17.5# dbs 8 reps right 8 reps left
push ups/ plank reach across 8 reps
waistline row the boat 2 minutes 8# db
circuit 2-2 times
bent over rows 20# dbs 16 reps
squat variations 20# dbs 4 squats 8 single leg 4 squats 8 single other side 4 squats
push ups 3/1 count 8 reps
waistline towel drop and reach 2 minutes
Circuit 3- 2 times
lawn mower(row twist) 16 reps left and 16 reps right 15# first set 20# 2nd set
dead lift single leg 20# dbs 8 reps (2nd set is deadlifts with a twist)
dive bomber push ups (nose, chest hips push up) 8 reps
waistline towel reach drop pick up 16 reps right 16 reps left

Weights workout # 2Biceps, triceps and shoulders each circuit done twice
Circuit #1 2 times
Hammer hesitation 4 reps 12# dbs
hammer squat hesitation 8 reps 12# dbs
triceps extensions 12# dbs 4 reps right 4 left 4 both arms dropped to 10# 2nd set
shoulders front side raise 12# dbs 4 right 4 left 4 both
waistline after 2nd circuit set side rotations with side knee up 2 minutes
Circuit # 2 2 times
biceps half curl and lift away 12# dbs 8 reps
overhead triceps extension back and front counts as 1 reps 8 each arm 12# db
lateral raise bent over 12# dbs 16 reps
core/waistline behind the neck side bend rotation crunch
Circuit #3 2 times
one arm biceps curl 15# db first time 20# 2nd 8 reps
one arm triceps kick back 15# db 8 each side reps
one arm shoulder press 8 reps each 1 up down 3 15# first set 20# 2nd
active core rest reach and drop 2 minutes 16 reps each side

Today I did Back. Same type of workout as the other ones this week. Giant Set, 3 rounds, x 12 reps no rest. Workout was 30 minutes and I burned 198 calories.

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12 ( 3 rounds )

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12

1 Arm Horz. Rows- 20# x 12

Double Arm DB Pullovers- 24# x 12

Deadlifts- 15# x 12

Nice workouts today ladies! Out of time today, I have to get on a phone call with a football coach from Montana State. Have a nice weekend.

Have a nice day.

Today I did the free Jessica Smith download walk abs, 16 minutes 88 calories, 1628 steps.
I then did Kelly Coffey Total Body Kickbox both worrkouts, 57 minutes, 365 calories, heart rate average, 130, max 177, 4,567 steps, I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped lower body stretch, 19 kinutes, 32 calories. Total time, 92 minutes, 486 calories,

Today I did Chest and Triceps. I did Chest and superset it into Triceps. Each set was 12 reps with no rest between sets. I used Dumbbells for the entire workout. Workout was 36 minutes, 231 calories, 113 average heart rate and 143 max.

Chest Press, 20# x 12 ( 3 superset rounds)
Lying Triceps Ext. 12# x 12

Chest Flies- 15# x 12 ( 3 rounds)
Cross Body Ext. - 10# x 12

Incline Chest Press- 20# x 12 ( 3 rounds)
1 Arm Kickbacks- 10# x 12

Incline Flies- 15# x 12 ( 3 rounds)
Triceps Pulldowns- 30# x 12

This is a great way to workout, get a lot of reps in, in a short period of time.

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday. I have so much house cleaning to do this week that I am sure I will burn a lot of extra calories on top of my workouts. I have my parents coming into town for Thanksgiving and then they are staying with my youngest son while my husband and I take our oldest son to the University of Reno NV for 3 days. I watched the Pioneer Woman's Thanksgiving Special this morning and she made a Pumpkin Cheese Cake that looked good. I bet with a little imagination we could figure out a way to make a healthier version. What types of desserts do you have at Thanksgiving? I love pecan pie but rarely indulge. I might this year if I do a good job on my workouts this week.

Roselyn, I hope you have a wonderful Turkey day! I am not a fan of Thanksgiving food, I usually have a winter salad or sushi. I wish I liked pumpkin and all of the fixings but I don't. We are actually going out to dinner this year to Flemings Steak House in Newport Beach. There are so few of us this year my mom and I decided not to cook. We just want to relax this year and enjoy our family. Are you having it at your house?

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Jolie, I cook turkey breasts only for Thanksgiving. I bought 3 for our crowd that were the biggest ones I could find. If I buy a whole turkey the dark meat sits. I like the left overs and make a turkey pot pie soup recipe that I love. I freeze up bowls of it for when I want some. We end up with so many pies. I am making my husband's favorite lemon pie (he is going off the low carb for Thanksgiving) and a almond joy pie that I have made up to be a gluten and dairy free recipe. It is still a sweet concoction. My son in law makes the best pecan pie and I always indulge. When they leave any left overs I slice into individual slices and freeze the pecan and fruit pies. That way when I want to indulge it is just an individual piece. We always have the general green bean casserole, sweet potatoes (I prefer baked) with the marshmallows etc., fruit salad, potatoes, potato salad (my husband started this) , deviled eggs, and I always insist on salad and a veggie tray to fill up on so we don't eat so much of the other stuff. I Like to put my turkey on my salad. If you look on Pinterest and check around there are some lower carb/paleo pumpkin cheesecake recipes. I might have saved one myself. They generally do not have the crust. I love cheesecake. I only make cheesecake when we have company to share :) I could not imagine going out to eat on Thanksgiving. I have never done that in my whole life. Well, once I had Thanksgiving hospital food dinner when I had surgery. The family came to visit. Oh, and I love stuffing. I rarely eat bread, but holidays I eat stuffing.

Today I did Cardio Pump again, I really like this workout. Lifting for one minute is HARD!!! Dang, it really is an intense workout, especially if you lift heavy. I really enjoy this workout!

Set #1
Alternate Shoulder Press
- 15's
Upright Rows - 15's
Alternate Lateral Raise - 10's

Set #2
Alternate Supination Curls
- 20's
Hammer Curls - 15's
Alternate Front Curls - 10's

Set #3
Deadlifts
- 20's
Squats Out - 15's
Reverse Lunges - 12's

Set #4
Lawnmower Rows
- 20's
Reverse Fly - 12's (still not sure I liked these, sort of hurt my upper back a bit)
Run Rows - 8's

Set #5
Overhead Extensions
- 20#
Single Kickbacks - 10#
Triceps Push-Ups

Set #6
Squats
-
20's
Static Lunges - 15's
Plie Pulses - 10's

Set #7
Wide Bench Press
-
20's
Chest Flyes - 15's
Alternate Press - 10's

Then did 1 mile on my treadmill.

Workout was 60 minutes, burned 242 calories, Avg. HR 94, Max 143. Went 3309 steps.

Diane Sue - You have been having some excellent workout lately, nice job!!! We are going to my moms on Thanksgiving but I told her I was making some of the food. Usually she doesn't let me but she is 81 now and doesn't need to cook all that food. I found good recipe that is a sweet potato casserole and I am making that along with some green beans. We'll see how it goes.

Jolie - You had a nice workout on Sunday, that looked like a great one. Was that one you made up on your own? Nice job!!!

Roselyn - You make me want to do Cathe Live. Maybe one of these days!!! Nice job!!!

Debbie, one minute of work does not sound like very long till you do a workout like cardio pump. I have enjoyed doing Kellys workouts this past month.
We have such a large group and everyone has their special likes. There is a lot to coose from so it is possible to keep it somewhat healthy. I made a mashed sweet potato casserole one year with fresh sweet potatoes and a bit of cinnamon and pecans. I loved them that way, but my family missed the brown sugar and marshmallows. I love baking hasselback sweet potatoes or yams with butter, garlic, and rosemary. Yum!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.