Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2019

Today I did Cathe Live, Awesome Upper Body, I love this workout when I am short on time. Wow, it really burns the muscles and I am pumped by the end :) I burned 368 calories, I lifted heavier this time so I had to go slower. What I do with Cathe's workouts after I have done them and have the workout written down, I will pause the workout before a set or a circuit and go at my own pace and then press play to the workout. I may not be on track at the same time with Cathe but I do what I want and I am part of the class. Does that make sense. I like to do the class, everyone motivates me but I go at my pace with the volume down low and I play music. I thought I might have lost some strength doing so many Yvette workouts because they have so much cardio, but in fact I have gotten stronger. Yvette's workouts use heavy weights, which I love and have really changed the way I look. I like that they are straight sets and they are basic lifting moves and alternating with cardio blasts really burns the calories.

I am 52 years old, my birthday is in June, I am 5 feet 10 inches and I weigh 156 right now. I want to be at 150 but I have the hardest time getting there because I do not eat clean enough :( I do notice if I use my Fitbit looser, I do get better readings. Also, I just started HOT FLASHES again, why me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My weight starts to go back up when this happens. I just started supplementing DIM, 7-HMRlignans from Norwegian Spruce Tree and DHEA and Pregnenolone Complex and the Change of Life supplement. I have to get my Estrogen levels back to where they should be. When I get hot flashes the belly fat comes back and that is the first sign of bad Estrogen levels.

Diane Sue, thanks for all of the information yesterday, that was so helpful. I asked you because I knew you would know the answer :) I hope you have a great workout today.

Debbie, I love that workout, I almost did it today myself! Wow on the calorie burn that is awesome!

Belinda, nice workout and I hope you enjoy your walk.

Roxie, prayers coming your way.

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice workout today.

I start moving tomorrow so I am sure I wont get many workouts in starting tomorrow. My life will be total chaos because I start moving own stuff for 3 days and the furniture mover comes Tuesday. Then I have clean the house for the new buyer and all of that stuff. I will be checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Happy Friday.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit both workouts 1 and 2 combined, 51 minutes, met 8.0, 361 calories, 3,755 steps, heart rate average 133, max 173. I then did Lite Pyramid Pump Lower Body 3 sets Up time saver mix, 157 calories, 35 minutes, heart rate average 99, max 139, 662 steps. Total time was 86 minutes, 518 calories, 4,417 steps. I think MFP adjusted that up 10 calories to 528. Hmmm!
Weights for the Pyramid Pump Lower was a bit higher than I have been doing when doing 5 sets. I felt I have done a lot of upper focus this week and could use a bit more lower body.
Rnd 1
rear slide lunges 12,10,8 reps 12,15,17.5 lb dbs
Rnd 2
step ups 3 risers 12,10,8 reps 12,15,17.5 lb dbs
Rnd 3
side slide lunges 12,10,8 reps 12,15,17.5 lb db
Rnd 4
elevated lunges 12,10,8 reps 12,15,17.5lb dbs
Rnd 5
sliding cross back lunges 12,10,18 reps 10,12,15lb dbs
Rnd 6
deadlifts 12,10,8 reps 15,17.5, 20lb dbs ( I used kettle bells for the 20# and did suitcase deadlifts)
Rnd 7
calf raises 30,25,20 reps 15,17.5,20 lb dbs

Debbie, I get various reaction from people. Some think I am big, which I think the are referring to my muscle definition and I have had some say I was skinny. I get teased about my strength and that I could probably whip somebodies back side. I don't worry a lot about it unless I seem to be hitting a high end weight and feel it is more body fat than muscle. I seem to get stuck there once in awhile and have to check my diet. I know when I get below 115 I generally feel like I am too thin. I have pretty much stayed in the same size of clothes for years. That is generally an indicator for me it I need to work on something. Clothes get tight, it is time to do something about it. It always seemed to me that most of the live workouts moved to fast. Although the Lite workouts are the same way imo. Sometimes I do not mind, but you cannot go as heavy when you are rushed and I end up pausing to write something down or pick up different weights and move things if I am not real familiar with the workout.
I was reading and the Fit Bit does not need to be real tight. Although too loose it may not work for sleep stages. Those little lights on it pick up the blood flow and that is how it calculates the heart rate and calorie burn. I wear mine a bit looser. I used to think if I made it tight it would pick up the pulse better, but it did not. You got a great calorie burn for weights this morning.

Roselyn, nice work getting it done.

Belinda, what is AAA ? Abs?

Jolie, there are so many factors that affect calorie burns. I also read that working out when the temps are hot will elevate the burn. I would guess hot flashes would make a difference. I seem to lose some body fat and burn extra calories when I am coughing a lot, not that that is a plus. I hope that you can get some relief from the hot flashes. I woke up in the middle of the night a few nights ago pouring sweat. I swear I thought I was having a hot flash and I am past menopause. I wondered if it was one of my supplements or arthritis med or combination of something. It was not hot in our room. My husband was snuggled under 3 blankets and I was trying to get rid of everything but the sheet.

Last edited:
Debbie, Kelly Coffey is going to fix that problem with the Real Raw workout that should be under strength training. I brought it up on the facebook group that I am in.

I walked 8 miles today. Legs are feeling it. I just finished a SBF stretch.

Jolie - good job today. What music does Cathe has on Live? I like playing my own music.

Diane - AAA stands for Arms, Abs & A$$.

Good evening,

I did D38 Cardio this morning. Just getting around to post.

Have a great evening. Happy Easter everyone!

No workout today. I got up and went to the ladies gathering at the Inspirarations Tea Room. I got a bunless low carb breakfast sandwich that was two eggs with gouda cheese and bacon between them and spinach leaves on top with fresh fruit and a matcha latte. It was fun. I just stayed busy all day working on Easter dinner prep and decor with a trip to fix some things at our church this afternoon with my husband. So, no time. Family will be over tomorrow. My granddaughter got a puppy and it is coming too :)

Belinda, okay now I get the AAA workout ;)

Roselyn, you do so well getting the workouts in.

Happy Easter everyone,

I did a active stretch with Susanne Bowen (SBF) + we took the dogs for a nice walk.

Diane - the Tea Room sounds like fun. Hope you had fun. Today we went to for a Easter brunch :)

See you all tomorrow.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Active Stretch before church and family gathering :)

Belinda, it sounds like we chose the same workout today ;)

Good morning,

D39 Booty = 58 min is done. I will do a stretch later.

Roselyn - I do, I like the workouts. I think they still over a free trial, if I am not mistaken. Some people don't like Autumn, not sure why? I always liked her. What I like about BB workouts is, they always have a modifier in all their workouts. She works your butt/abs a lot in the program. Today she used heavy weights 25lb DB's, loops. It was a tough workout. I like the workouts a lot.

Diane - I did the SBF steaming Active stretch not the dvd. Good job yesterday.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Today I feel pretty good other than sleeping wrong a couple nights ago and my neck still a bit weird. I'm tired of being side-lined from my workouts so I worked out and had a great one!! I wanted to do a different Cathe Live so I found one from 7/3/14 called Upper Body Sculpting. Great workout, I really enjoyed it. I liked to format as well.

Higher reps so on some exercises I didn't record reps.

SHOULDERS
One Arm/Double/One Arm Shoulder Press:
15's/12's - Killer
Rear Flies: 10/10/10 reps (8 cnt rest between each 10) - 10's
Lateral Raise/Front Raise (3 times through): 8's
Band Pulls: 100 reps
Shoulder Circles: 4 sets/5's
(Shoulders were on fire after this)

BACK
One Arm Row:
16 reps/20#
T-Band Pulls: Tubing
One Arm Row: 16 reps/20#
Standing Band Pulls: Tubing
Pullover: 20#

CHEST
Chest Flies:
20's (she did a bunch of partials here)
Pushups: 16 reps on Toes
Pullover: 20#
Chest Flies: 20's (partials again)
Pushups: 8 on toes/8 on knees

TRICEPS
Lying Extensions:
12's (done two times, 2nd set was partials)
Dips: 24 reps
Standing Overhead Extensions: 8 reps/20#
Tubing Kickbacks
Triceps Pushups on Step

BICEPS
Bicep Curl w/Tubing:
5's
W's: 10's (she used tubing but my elbows hurt with this one)
Hammer Curls: 10's
Hammer Curl w/Twist: 10's
Repeat tubing curls and W's: Used 5's and 10's again
Concentration Curls: 12#/40 seconds each arm

LOW BACK/ABS - Skipped

Workout was 52 minutes, burned 373 calories and HR was 136/198.

Then I got on my Max Trainer and did one of the 7 minute live workouts. This one was 7 - 10 second intervals moving up on resistance each time and rest was 50 seconds.

Workout was total of 10 minutes (warmup and cooldown), burned 61 calories, did .25 miles, went 626 steps and HR was 123/150.

Jolie - OMG on the hot flashes. I am praying every day mine do not come back, I'm over them. I hope they stay away. I like being cold all the time again. Sorry you are going through that again. None of the supplements ever helped me much. Nice job with Awesome Upper Body, I like that one too. Hope your moving is going well. I don't envy you!!

Diane - I'm glad Kelly is fixing the workouts on RAW. Thanks for mentioning it to her. Interesting about the FB and wearing it loose, that is weird. I don't wear mine for sleeping, it bothers me. Every once in a while I'll keep it on overnight just to see what my resting HR is. I love Tea Rooms, we have a few here and my cousins and I love going there once in a while. Very good food and atmosphere.

Belinda - Nice workouts lately, you are doing great!! How many more days do you have of the 80 Day workouts? You are almost done, aren't you?

Roselyn - I also like the BB Workouts, I'm thinking of keeping the subscription, I think mine renews in May. I haven't used them lately but I do want to get back to the yoga workouts soon. I also want to do the series Belinda and I did together over again as well. And this summer I might do Body Beast - even though I have them on DVD, for some reason I like using the streaming workouts better. Pretty dumb, I know. I do sort of think they are overpriced, though. Wish they would do a monthly option at a good rate.

Roxie - Where are you? Hope you are getting some workouts in.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Mine was really nice. Ate way too much sugar and now I'm done with it all. Back on track today and will not be eating sweets for a while.

Today I did two Coffey Fit Raw workouts. The first was Strong and Lean, 47 minutes, 319 calories, met 8.0, heart rate average 118, max 160, 2,152 steps. Then I followed this with Raw Weights Circuit #1 which is an all weigh circuit done in rounds, 28 minutes, heart rate average 116, max 158, met 6.0, 159 calories, 703 steps. Total time was 75 minutes, calories 478, 2,855 steps.
Today I did Caffey Fit Raw Strong and Lean 48 minutes

Coffey Fit Raw Strong and Lean 45 minutes alternates between cardio, strength, and kettlebell rounds Not real hard cardio segments and not too much high impact.
Kelly uses a 33# barbell for most of it, 10# dumbbells, and a 20# kettlebell for kettlebells swings and figure 8's.
warm up about 6.5 minutes
cardio punches/squat hops, then just punches front, up, low and all 3
barbell squats 40# my weight 10 reps
kettlebell 20# 20 reps double hand swings
cardio skate hop side to side ending in just hop side to side
biceps curls 40# barbell my weight 10 reps
kettlebell single arm swings 10 and 10 reps 20#
cardio shuffle then mountain climbers hands on barbell
deadlift Kelly used barbell I used two 30# dumbbells 10 reps
kettlebell swings alternating 10 reps 25# I increased the weight of the kettlebell for the remainder of the workout
cardio cardio insole slaps/butt kicker jog then just butt kicker jog
clean from the hip bar 40# here 10 reps
figure 8 kettlebell swings 20 reps 25#
cardio wood chop center and side to side then just center with jumps
Thrusters 40# barbell 10 reps
double swing kettlebell 25# 20 reps
cardio punches with a tuck jump
barbell bentover rows 40# barbell
alternating kettlebell swings 20 reps 25#
cardio lateral step shoot ending with 8 reps of just shoot
dumbbell kickbacks I used 12# dbs 10 reps
kettlebell double hand swings 25# 20 reps/ alternating swings 25# 20 reps/ figure 8 25# 20 reps
cardio punch and skater , butt kicker jog, step side shoot
deadlift high pull 35# barbell 10 reps/clean from the hip push press 35# barbell 10 reps
abs and glutes :
feet on barbell bridge 20 reps and then 20 pulses
feet under the bar sit ups 20
bench press 20 reps wide, then 20 reps close grip 35# barbell

Raw Weights Circuit timed 30 sec each exercise
Rnd 1 and 2 the same except does lateral raise instead of ohead press
flys 15# dbs
pledge curls 15# dbs
overhead press alt. 15# dbs
alternating row from the floor in squat positions setting weight down and picking up 25# Db
kickbacks 112# dbs
deadlift 35# barbell
squat deadlift 35# barbell
Rnd 3
bench press 15# dbs
tate press 15# dbs
double hammer curls 15# dbs
underhand barbell row 35#
kickstand deadlift 35# barbell alternating standing leg
dead/squat 35# barbells
Rnd 4 starts same as 3 except alt. lateral raise after tate press10# dbs , repeats the alternating row from the floor 25# and ends with regular squats 35# barbell instead of the dead/squat
Rnd 5 is a short round
dumbbell flys 15# dbs
alterating rows from the floor 25#

Debbie, one of the administrators to the facebook group I am with contacted Kelly. Kelly came back and asked her to e mail her a reminder to get it done. She has a lot going on and is going to film a couple of new dvds. This tea room is a gift shop as well. They have so much beautiful stuff, ceramics, clothing, cards, bath bombs and things. Tea pots :) They are also expensive. My granddaughter had her bridal shower there. They have 3 areas that they reserve. We were in the sun room that overlooks an outdoor garden area with benchs and stuff. It is a really nice tea room. They put a scripture on your tray when they serve you. I am so used to wearing my Fit Bit to sleep, that I have actually gotten out of bed to go get it when I have took it off a few times and put it in the charger for a bit. I usually charge it in the am though while I am reading and having coffee. Great workout this morning!

Belinda, those workouts do sound good. Ahh, I did the dvd which is the longest of the stretches on those at 28 minutes. Somehow I was wishing I had done Kelly's or Cathe's stretching as I didn't feel I got a good enough stretch where I needed it and my knee started hurting after the stretch. I must have pushed too hard in one of the stretches or something.

Just a quick check in today, I have been moving things for the last couple of days but the big move with the movers is tomorrow. Then we will be mostly moved except for small stuff that I can do till we have to be out of the house by Sunday. I have the house cleaners coming on Saturday so I need to be finished by then or they wont be able to do a deep cleaning. We did nothing for Easter except move so that was that. My husband leaves Friday to Reno Nevada to get my son moved out of the dorm and into his new apartment. We are seriously sick of moving! I cant even think about moving again in another year when its time to buy. I will only be unpacking what we are going to use otherwise I am storing it packed.

You all are kicking butt with the workouts! I hope to start on Wed. when I am waiting to have a new dishwasher installed. If I don't get in some workouts, heads are going to be rolling... :)

I will check back in when I can. I don't even know when we will have internet installed into the house.

Good Evening,

I did KCM Cardio Pump Kickboxing with weighted gloves Saturday then DH and I went to the lake finally both days this weekend it was awesome and I got fried. I think I am going to do LiiFT again.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

D40 Cardio/abs is done. I did the high impact on my rebounder. I am half way through the program. 40 more day's to go :)

Jolie - good luck with your move today. Hope all goes well. I hear you on moving. Been there done that so many times. Good idea just to keep out what you need and store everything else.

Roselyn - sounds good. I still have 40 day's to go. Great job yesterday.

Diane - I am still using my SBF subscription. The stretch I did was only 14 min. Her active stretches are more like a body weight than stretch workouts to me. At least on there site. Be carful with those stretches. I do have to back off on some hip stretches, my hips are tight.

Debbie - nice job, girl! Today I hit the half mark. I have 40 more day's left.

Roxie - great job yesterday. Glad had fun with at the lake. L4 is amazing. The workouts are short.

I will check in later. have a great day and workout, everyone.

Today I decided to do all of Cathe Live's 4-4-19 In the Ring. Very fun workout, I used my 2# weighted gloves for the kickboxing part and then I used my bag for the bag section. The 3rd section was kickboxing cardio and it was fun as well. I really like this workout and Warrior Kickboxing. This one is a bit shorter but still very intense. At one point my glove must have hit the pause button on my FB but I caught it as soon as it happened because the time of the workout was right. I need to send FB a message to tell them to stop putting the pause buttons on the right side of these devices. I guess they didn't bank on people using weighted gloves and boxing gloves during their workouts.

Workout was 43 minutes, burned 306 calories, went 4342 steps and HR was 136/175.

Diane - Strong and Lean was the first workout I tried from Kelly RAW I think, I need to do that one again. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow. That is a good one. Our Tea Rooms are the same with the gifts and stuff. Expensive but such nice things. Nice job with your workouts yesterday!!

Jolie - Good luck with your move!!

Roselyn - I will probably do the LiifT4 workout series again but not sure when. Great job with your cardio workout yesterday!!

Roxie - Nice job with your workout and glad you went to the lake finally. This weather is stupid with the ups and downs. Getting sick of it. And then when it does get warm all it does is rain.

Belinda - Wow, half way done, incredible. Nice job!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Today I did Cathe's Crossfire Extreme mix, 78 minutes(74 actual as I had to run downstairs a couple of times to let my dog in and out) Met 8.0 (I lowered the met for myself) 495 calories, 5,267 steps heart rate average 132, max 170. I also did Kelly Coffey Muscle Up bonus abs, 15 minutes, 46 calories, met 3.5, heart rate average 101, max 128, 276 steps. I finished off with Lite extended stretch #2, 31 calories, 11 minutes. Total time 104 minutes, 572 calories, 5,551 steps. I got 8 steps doing the stretch :p
I had an odd experience with my Fit Bit and app for the second time. I am wondering if I could be picking up someone else' workout?? When I finished the Crossfire workout it popped up on my app and also another one which was labeled sport that was started part way into my crossfire workout. It was about 45 minutes. It did not show any steps for that one though. This happened another time and I thought it was bizarre.

Roselyn, I liked Les Mills at first, but it really is repetitive and I lost interest by the end of the first month.

Jolie, we had stuff stored for 7 months and by the time we got moved and I went through boxes, I forgot we had half the stuff. Then a lot was stuffed on shelves in the garage and into the attic. After about 4 years I found my outdoor sheers to trim the trees. This was after much hunting and then my husband pulled everything out of the attic to get rid of things. There is always that clean up and touch up messed up spots from moving things out. Moving is a lot of work. Good luck.

Roxie, nice that you and your husband got to go to the lake over the weekend.

Belinda, the stretches on the Barre Amped Stretch and strength are active on disc 1 and a bit longer. The Power one feels like a leg workout and the advanced active is the longest and draws in some strength with it. Disc 2 is basically just stretching. Half way through is great. I am glad that you are enjoying them. I guess you would really need a 90 day subscription to BB to be able to do a whole rotation.

Debbie, I liked the Warrior workout too. I think most heart rate watches have the buttons situated the same. People would probably complain if they changed it. Although I think my polar had 2 buttons on each side of the watch. I pulled all of those devices out recently and can't get any of them to work. I tried some new batteries. It seemed odd that they would just quit.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.