Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2019

Can you all say a prayer for my step daughter, Dawn. She has cancer cells in her cervix and had surgery yesterday. We are hoping they got it all. I appreciate it.

Today I tried Kelly's RAW "Real Raw 3" and for me it was just ok. I didn't care for it much, but I got a good sweat going and the music was good. I didn't write the exercises down, I used mostly 15's, 12's, 10's and 8's.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 267 calories ad HR was 154/198. My HR stayed up there so that was good.

Diane - I couldn't find the other to Real Raw workouts. I looked under each tab that is out there. I only seen the Real Raw 3 one. The one you did with the kettlebell is the one I wanted to do but I didn't see it out there anywhere. Thanks for posting that yoga link, I will check it out later when I have a few minutes. I should be getting my cranberry pills today, so I'm done with the sugar drink. But I have to say, it did help a lot.

Jolie - Yay!! So glad your house is finally sold. So cool!!! Now you can concentrate on the new chapter of your life. I was born in Italy!! I have family there still but the last time I went was in 1984. My mom's siblings all lived there but they have all passed away. I have a cousin and his mom (my aunt) who still live there and they might come here for a visit this summer. So excited about that!! You should definitely go on a trip to Italy one of these days, it is beautiful!!

Belinda - That is cool that you all have memories of Notre Dame. I'm not sure why my mom never went to France, she grew up in Italy. When my dad married her they came back here to live so she left her family and friends which I find very sad. She used to make trips to see them but now her brothers and sisters have all passed. I was also born there but moved here in America at the age of 1, I went there to visit in 1984 but that was the only time I've been there. I loved it and didn't want to come back to the states. :) Great job with your workout and stretch yesterday.

Roxie - Nice job with your workouts!! Glad you are getting back into it. How are you feeling?

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Debbie, sometimes I have had to just go to Raw workouts and look through all of them. I will check when I go workout in a bit.

Belinda, zucchini is also listed as a food to avoid if you have grass pollen and ragweed pollen allergies. Sometimes it is just a food intolerance though.

Debbie, using my Roku and VHX I go to the Raw channel and click on playlists and scroll across to all raw workouts and it is just called Real Raw since it is the first real raw workout.

Today I had a kick ass workout, Yvette's Step/Heavy Weights/ Core. Wow!!! This workout is 40 seconds cardio either on the step,( I used 4 risers on each side) or on the floor using a medicine ball, 8 to 12 reps Chest ( I used 25's for chest Press) then core. After 4 rounds of this you do the same thing for triceps. I used 15's for skull crushers. Let me tell you, if you use 4 rises you really get a leg workout. I also did a ton of squats, all kinds instead of burpees or planks. I absolutely love this work, but only if I do it my way. Workout was 1 hour with the stretch and I burned 648 calories. Average heart rate was 134 and max was 182! I notice if I drink a pre workout drink before my workout, my calorie burns are so much better than if I don't. Also, Yvette's warmups are 10 minutes long each workout and I burn 100 calories every time :)

Debbie, prayers for your darling niece coming all day long! Nice job on getting a workout in with family stress happening! I want to go to the coast of Italy so bad, first I want to go to the Island of Capri. Then I want to go to Positano, Lake Como, and If I could go to Monte Carlo. My husband loves to talk about travel but never really acts on his ideas lol! I would love to go with my mom before she cant get around, she is now 83 but works out 4 days a week and can do everything still.

Belinda, great job getting the workout done today! I think I might pass on the bosu, I probably shouldn't buy anymore gym equipment, where to put it all!

Diane Sue, I will check back to read your post, I hope you have a great workout.

Back to packing and organizing my boxes for the movers. It is lovely here today, supposed to be 75 degrees today. I did my workout outside today and it was so nice. My neighbors think Im crazy to do it in front of the world to see. I don't care it is so much cooler than working out indoors.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 41 minutes, 301 calories, met 8.5, heart rate 145 average, 179 maxm 3762 steps. I followed this with Raw Real Raw the first real raw workout, 40 minutes (36 as I had a couple of pauses in there) heart rate average 107, max 150, 198 calories, met 5.6, 1,120 steps. I finished with Lite Stretch #2.
REAL RAW COFFEY FIT-41(36 minutes) minutes. Kelly warms up with ropes and non weighted squats. I just did my own moves and breaks with the squats to warm up. she uses 12.5# and 5# dbs, a 15,20,and 30# kettlebell along with a bench. Great music!
warm up times I think 30 seconds?
12.5# db (I used 15#) 1 arm db rows quick paced all on the right then all on the left
20# kettlebell 1 arm rows all right then all left
12.5# db ( I used 15#) 1 arm curl all right then all left
15# kettlebell 1 arm curls all right then all left
Bench 2 sets dbl arm bench press 12.5# dbs (I used 15#dbs)
20# kettlebell single arm bench press (Kelly uses 15#)
body weight squats with knee up
15# kettlebell squat I used 20# kettlebell
20# kettlebell squat I used 25# kettlebell
squat knee turn turn
boxing side to side punch/ center punch
5# dbs side to side punch
repeat boxing no weight and 5# boxing
Kettlebell swings 15#, 20#, 30# (mine is 30.8 ), then 15# american ( I used 20,25,30.8,20# kettlebell)
Bench triceps extensions 12.5# dbs (me 15#dbs)
15# kettlebell lying triceps extension with leg extension I used 20# kettlebell
20# kettlebell lying triceps extension with leg extension I used 25# kettlebell
30# kettlebell lying extension I used 30.8# kettlebell
lateral raise kelly 12.5# (me 12#dbs) 2 sets
20# kettlebell alternating hand upright row 2 sets
boxing hooks then speed hooks
upper cuts then speed upper cuts
repeat hooks and upper cuts with 5# dbs
single leg deadlift (scales I think is what Kelly calls it) 15# kettlebell, 20# kettlebell, 30# kettlebell I used 20# kettle bell, 25# kettlebell, 30.8# kettlebell
abs on bench 15# kettlebell get ups 2 sets
sit ups with 15# kettlebell this is better on the floor as my bench is long enough to have my feet out in front of me (I did this on the step, but my had had to be a bit off of the step bench.

Debbie, I am sending out prayers for your step daughter. My daughter in Law's name is Dawn. It seems there is so much cancer out there anymore. :( I did better with the Real Raw workout today as I pretty much new what kettlebells and dumbbells that I wanted to have out. I did forget at first to watch for her cues when she changed hands with the kettlebell on the rows. She will sometimes not say anything, but put up fingers as to say two more reps etc.. I had to go back and add a few more reps on the other side :) I like the boxing drills and kettlebell swings she puts in there. I think next time I might pull out my 35# kettlebell. I had a tough time on the curls. I tried a 20# kettlebell and dropped back to 15#. It is a bit uncomfortable doing biceps curls with a heavy kettlebell. I think a dumbbell is better for that.

Jolie, way to go on the workout today! My heart rate got up a bit more when I was using the Ancient Nutrition pre workout, but I quit using it. I didn't like that my resting heart rate stayed elevated even at night. It just seems that purposely doing that could wear more on the heart. I don't know, just thought about it and decided I wanted to have a lower heart rate when I am trying to sleep at night. A little caffeine goes a long way in the mornings too. I drink a cup or two of four sigmatic mushroom coffee which has a bit less caffeine in it than a regular cup in the mornings. When I have Kombucha tea there is some caffeine as well. The cordyceps mushroom has a bit more of an energizing effect as well as helping immunity. I mainly use Lions Mane though as it can help with nerve damage and focus. Too much of that kind of stuff and it makes anxiety worse for me.
That would be nice for you to take your Mom on a trip like that while you can. I have a friend that took her mother on a cruise. She lost her mother a couple of years later, but has such wonderful memories of the things her and her mother shared during that special time.

Good morning,

Day 36 Legs is done. It was giant sets, 10 reps, 3 rounds.

I still need to get a nice stretch in today. The stretching is helping my hip.

Jolie - I do use the bosu for some core/Turkish get up lately. Thanks for reminding me. You really wanting me to try Yvette's workouts again. Good job yesterday.

Roselyn - great job yesterday.

Diane - great job yesterday. You swinging some heavy KB's. Good job! Thank you for all the info on zucchini. Never thought about it.

Debbie - thinking about you and your SD.

Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Good Morning,

Hubby and I went for a 2 mile walk again last night he really makes me work he is 6’ft tall and I am 5’0 tall so I take two steps to his one step. My mom was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s yesterday we all thought she had a stroke two weeks ago but the doctor doesn’t think so.

Debbie-it is awful to watch a loved one go through that so my, heart is with you.

Hi all! Thank you so much for the prayers. She is now at the waiting stage where they will figure out if they got all the cancer cells out, if not she will have to have a full hysterectomy. She is only 34 years old! However, she has four kids so I know she doesn't want anymore. But still... She had her surgery on Tuesday. Other than being sore, she is doing fine.

Today I did one of the live workouts with my Max Trainer. The trainer was Amy Dixon!!! I have a couple of running workouts I used to do from her and love her. I was so excited when I seen she is one of the Bowflex trainers. The workout was 21 minutes but I stayed on a bit longer for the cool down. That is one thing with these workouts, they only warm up for about a minute and then you are doing the intervals. She did 18 - 20 second intervals with 50 seconds rest between each. KILLER! The first 4 we did at 4% resistance, the next 4 we did at 6% resistance which was a killer and the last 4 we did at 4% resistance again. What a workout, I was drenched. I'm so shocked at how these workouts go and how much I sweat through them. Love it!! Still not very impressed with my calorie burns but I sure am still feeling it, my body is still very warm and I can tell this is what they call the "afterburn".

Workout was 24 minutes total, I burned 155 calories according to my fitbit but the MT said 219. I went .63 miles and did 1577 steps. HR was 131/155 but I swear I was way higher than that. Sort of bummed my FB isn't tracking properly.

I also did about 20 minutes of Cathe's Live Warrior Kickboxing, I did the warmup and the first drill and then had to stop due to time. Love that workout.

So that was 20 minutes, burned 132 calories and HR was 128/156.

Diane - So where do you go to see all the Raw workouts? Mine is only showing the folders with each type of workout in them. I'll have to look again, maybe there is one with all the workouts in it. Nice job with your workout and you are right, it is hard to use the KB's for certain exercises. I think I would have both dumbbells and the KB's out to use for that. I might try that one next week. Thanks about my step daughter. This cancer stuff is crazy, and I feel deep down that they have a cure for it, they just don't want us to have it because there is no money in curing people. I swear that is what is going on. There was a study I read that proved that Vitamin C cures cancer. There was a patient they did a study on where they hooked him up intravenous with pure vitamin C. I think he went into a coma because that high of a dosage of VC is dangerous but it killed all the cancer in his body. It was a fabulous study to read and you know that will never get released to the public because where is the money in that?

Jolie - How on earth do you do a step workout with 4 risers? She must not be doing normal moves like the ones that are done with only one or two risers? I don't get how you could do that with such a high step and not kill yourself? I bow down to you, girl!! Great job with the workout, you are really burning a ton of calories with those workouts!! I would love to go back to Italy but traveling now just seems so scary. Not sure I would want to even if I had the chance. Its nice to dream, though. Thanks for the prayers, it's for my step daughter, not niece. :) I appreciate the prayers.

Belinda - Thank you! Good job with your workout and stretching. I need to start adding yoga in again, once again have let that fall to the side.

Roxie - So sorry to hear about your mom. That is an awful disease. Why can't these doctors find cures for us? All the money raised for cancer and Alzheimers and nothing. They should be ashamed. Prayers go out to your mom as well.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Debbie, there was a place t the top that said playlist. I click on that and had to scroll to the right till I cam up with the Raw workouts and that is where it was. It was like the old format before they started separating to individual folders. I checked the folders too and that workout was not in them. I may say something on facebook. I think I read that Kelly is putting worksheets for her raw workouts on her website. I am guessing that is the strength workouts that she is referring to.
I have so many mixed feelings on insurance and cures and all of the money that passes hands. I swear chemo tears the immune system down so much more and am not sure about it. My daughter in the medical field says there are many that have been healed with chemo. When I had uterine cancer when my youngest daughter was 18 months old I did not have chemo. My daughter is 40 now. They thought the cancer was contained in the uterus, but found a bit more. I was able to keep the ovaries. They did not do a total hysterectomy. I would be they would have done much more these days. One of the ladies in my church has breast cancer and is on her 6th round of chemo. She has 4 boys and an 11 year old daughter that my granddaughter 11 loves to hang with when she visits. Her mother (one of my game day friends says that she wishes that she had went in sooner. I guess she waited 7 months before she went to have it checked out.
Some of the ladies were talking about how long they wait to really check to find out what the problem is with some of our ladies that are having problems. I think it is because insurance standards have changed for the worse and they do not want to pay for too many tests. They just treat the symptoms and wait to really do something. We have one of our ladies who's white count was way off. They tried one thing before they started doing transfusions. I fear for her, as they do not know what is causing it, they are just doing blood transfusions at this point.

Roxie, praying for your mother. I am sorry.

Debbie, I am sorry I screwed that up, your step daughter not your niece, duh!

Today is another rest day, so much to do. Anyway, I am so tired from yesterdays workout and my legs are so sore. The Yvette workouts are very hard and long, it is hard to workout two days in a row. I was going to do a Cathe Live lifting workout but I did lift a lot yesterday so I am passing.

Debbie, I can use 4 risers because I am 5 feet 10 inches and I use the step like a box for leg presses and those types of exercises. In the workouts that I choose to do there are NO dance style step moves it is all some sort of step up exercise or leg exercise that is up and over ect. Great job on you workout today. I cannot believe that you were drenched and that is all you burned for calories. Something isn't reading right or something? I know for a fact you are burning more than that if you are interval training, right?

Roxie, prayers coming your way for your mom!

Roselyn, Kickin butt with STS Meso 2!

Diane Sue, Great job with the Raw workouts! You love those as much as I love Yvette's workouts! Isnt great to find workouts you love to do! Do you think it is normal that Debbie gets that low of calorie burns? What would be the factor to cause that, her low resting heart beat? Mine are high but they have always been like that for whatever reason. I do take a caffeine pre workout but I don't think it would make that big of a difference. What are your thoughts?

Organizing for my move is on store for today. I still have a ton of little stuff to pack in drawers, all of the big stuff is done.

Make it a great day.

Today's workouts were Coffey Fit Raw Kickbox and Contour, 42 minutes, heart rate 125, max 157, 249 calories, met 6.4, 2,672 steps. I used 1# weight gloves 2# weights for the boxing and 15# with the gloves added 16# for the weight portions. I then did Kelly Coffey's TLC kelly's favorite mix, 37 minutes, heart rate average 130 calories, max 165, 250 calories met 8.0. Total time was 79 minutes, calories burned 499(MFP added 6 calories to this for 505 calories) 5,541 steps. I may have got the extra calories because I was running around the house playing fetch with my dog Gertie. I run and toss over the railing and she runs the stairs while I run in place and do movement patterns while she is getting the squeaky toy and coming back. We do this a lot before I workout.
This was probably more weights than I wanted to lift after yesterday's real raw. I may be taking Saturday off since I am going to a tea room with ladies from my church and have to be their at 8:50. It is a not real close to my house and I know after doing taxes that there is road work along that street. I will only work out if I happen to get to bed early and wake early.

Jolie, I bet you were tired. Years ago I would use the step at 5 risers for leg press and that sort of stuff. Now I am usually at 3 or 4 max and that is when it is just a weight workout. I believe that you get such high calorie burns and would probably up there above the normal met value range because you are much taller than at least me and weigh more. Met values are there as a basic guideline and I read up and learned how to crunch the numbers based on my weight and use the met values to get somewhat of an accurate calorie burn. That being said, I personally am still a bit lower met value than what they use. Weight, muscle to fat ratio, (I am sure you, Debbie, and I probably have a lower body fat percentage) I am not sure about everyone here though. People's VO2 max makes a difference too. Anyway, I think for the length of time Debbie spent and her heart rate, I would have a similar calorie burn. I do not know how tall Debbie is and have an idea from past discussions about where her weight is generally. Mine had reached 121 for awhile, but I have managed to bring it back down to 117 by cutting out so much nut butter and monitoring better. I get lax sometimes. I am 5 foot 4 1/2 so shorter in stature.
Another factor I see with the Fit Bit is when I do a shorter cardio workout, less than 30 minutes, it gives me a lower reading than Map My Fitness which uses the Fit Bit and bluetooth for the heart rate. Fit Bit does a catch up after the first 15 minutes and if I work out much longer it can pass up Map My Fitness. It does not work so well for shorter workouts, so Debbie probably did burn a few more calories than her Fit Bit gives. Map My Fitness has recently went to using Met value charts for their system so their calorie burns are more inline with what they should be. It is still harder to figure hiit and circuit weight and cardio workouts and metabolic workouts because there are too many variables. I just have to go with the calorie burns and figure where the met value would be. Also comparison to other workouts t hat already have the met values and are similar in effort. Not sure if I am making complete sense.
It sounds like you are getting done with the packing. A few moves we just left the stuff in the drawers and moved the drawers :)

I am 5' 4" and weight about 128 lbs. and I am 53. I like to be around 123-125 so I have a few to lose. I've always had low calorie burns except for when I was having hot flashes all the time. Not sure how that would correlate into all of this, but ever since the hot flashes stopped my calorie burns are low again. I don't really let it bother me, I know I'm burning more than any machine or watch can tell me. It's just annoying sometimes.

Jolie - That makes sense about the 4 risers you use. I didn't think you could do dancey moves with it that high. You kick butt with those workouts.

Diane - You are as tall as I am. If I weighed 117 lbs. everyone would think I was anorexic. Whenever I hit 123# I get those comments about how I look sick, I'm so skinny, etc. Weird.

Roselyn - I think you would like Beach Body. I like it, not sure I will let the subscription go in May. I like knowing I have the workouts to do if I want.

Have a great weekend everyone!! Happy Easter!

Reactions: WD
Roxie so sorry about your mom my husband's stepmom had suffered from that it is such sad disease
i will keep her in my prayers aw well as your stepdaughter debbie

today i did meso 2 legs triset

Reactions: WD
Today I did Cathe Live Glassboro Road Trip 2018 workout from 7/28/18. I really love this workout. I paused between each tri-set to rest, she hurries through this one like all the other workouts she does and I needed a chance to recover for a second. I seriously don't get the rush with all of these workouts? It takes away from concentrating on the moves and being able to do them again. But even so, I love this workout.

Each giant set is done 3 times with 8 reps each.

Giant Set 1
Pushups:
10/10/10 reps on step
Chest Flies: 22.5's
Close Grip Chest Press: 22.5's

Giant Set 2
Pullovers:
30# - 6 reps at 4/4 count
One Arm Row: 30#
One Arm Rear Fly: 12#/15#/15#

Giant Set 3
Upright Row:
30# barbell
Shoulder Press: 17.5's
Lateral Raise: 12's

Giant Set 4
Standing Overhead Extensions:
25#
Kickbacks: 10's
Dips: 24 reps

Giant Set 5
Dumbbell Curls:
30# barbell
Hammer w/Twist: 17.5's/15's/15's
W Curls: 10's

Abs
Monster Walks
- I was careful with these
Lying Leg Lifts - Did the modified version with knees
Planks

I did the abs this time but only 2 sets. This is the series that killed my low back and waist the last time I did it.

Workout was 56 minutes, burned 416 calories and HR was 140/187. High burn today, was happy to see that. Seems when I wear my Fitbit looser it sees my HR higher than when it's tight. To me, that doesn't make much sense.

I don't have time for personals, so I will be back later. Have great workouts every one!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.