Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2019

Good morning,

Day 42: Legs = 45 min is done. Need a good stretch today.

Debbie - good job with Cathe in the Ring yesterday. I love Amy Bento in the Ring. Is that one similar to Amy's.

Roxie - great job yesterday.

Roselyn - great job as well.

Diane - I have the SBF stretch dvd too. Keep forgetting I own it, have to pull it out one of those day's. Even on her streaming site, somehow her stretches (active ones) have some sort of strength training in them. Those are tough workouts, IMO! Yes, you really need a 90 day subscription to BB to be able to do a whole rotation.

Jolie - hope all went well with your move. Moving is tough.

BBL!

Reactions: WD
Today I did Kelly's RAW Strong & Lean and it was 45 minutes. Love this one, I've only done it once before and I need to do it more often. It was a great workout and I was drenched by the time I was done!!

This is how it went:

10 minute warm-up plus punching drills

Circuit 1
Squats - 35# barbell/10 reps
Kettlebell Hip Swings - 15#/20 reps
Ice Skater/Hops - 30 seconds

Circuit 2
Barbell Curls - 35#/10 reps (I used dumbbells)
Kettlebell Sumo Swings - 15#/20 reps
Mountain Climbers - 30 seconds

Circuit 3
Deadlifts - 35#/10 reps
Alternate Kettlebell Swings - 15#/20 reps
Jog/Insole Slaps - 30 seconds

Circuit 4
Barbell Cleans - 35#/10 reps
Kettlebell Figure 8's - 15#/20 reps
Wood Chops - 30 seconds

Circuit 5
Thrusters (Overhead Barbell Press) - 35#/10 reps
Double Arm Kettlebell Swings - 15#/20 reps
3 Punch/Knee Touch Hops - 30 seconds

Circuit 6
Barbell Rows - 35#/10 reps
Alternate Kettlebell Swings - 15#/20 reps
Step Shoot - 30 seconds

Circuit 7
Kickbacks - 10's/10 reps
Double/Alternate/Figure 8 - 15#/20 reps of each - KILLER!
Ski/Jog/Step Shoot - went on for more than 30 seconds

Circuit 8
Deads/High Pulls (Upright row) - 30#/10 reps
Clean & Press - 30#/10 reps

Abs/Glutes
Bridge w/feet on barbell - 20 reps
Bridge w/feet on barbell - 20 fast reps
Situps - 20 reps

Then she realized she didn't work chest so she added:
Wide Grip Bench Press - 35#/20 reps
Close Grip Bench Press - 35#/20 reps

Workout was 49 minutes, burned 343 calories. HR was 134/209.

I have a foot doctor appointment so I will be back later.

Today I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party, 40 minutes, met 8.0, 283 calories, heart rate 143 average, max 171, 3,859 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Shape Up premix weights (tabata weights all upper body) 32 minutes, heart rate 104 average, 133 max, 587 steps, 159 calories, followed by Pyramid Pump Biceps , 7 minutes, met 6.0, 46 calories. (there is no biceps work on Shape Up). I finished off with Raw foam roller stretch,25 minutes, 6=57 calories, 198 steps.. Total time was 104 minutes, 535 calories, 4,644 steps.

Shape Up weights
20 work 10 off tabata style 8 sets each exercise
Rnd #1
Row/fly 12# dbs all 8 sets
double arm press/alternating press 12# dbs 5 sets then 10# dbs 3 sets
flys/skullcrusher alt rnds of single and double on the skull crusher 15# dbs all 8 sets
Rnd #2
Rows/run rows 15# dbs all 8 sets
lateral raise/kickbacks 10# dbs all 8 sets
bench press /scissors 15# dbs 5 sets then 12# dbs 3 sets

Pyramid Biceps
12,10,8,10,12 reps
sweeper curls 10,15,17.5,15,12 # dbs
incline curls 10,15,15,12,10 # dbs

Debbie, that is such a fun workout. It just seems to move by quickly with all of the changes. I was so spent by the time she added the chest work. Nice work on it.

Belinda ,a workout and then a long walk sounds like a nap would be a good idea.

Well I am almost a 100% moved! We slept at our new house last night and I thought I would die by the time my head hit the pillow. I am exhausted today so I did not workout. You all should see my gym room! The elliptical, treadmill, spin bike, leg curl/leg ext machine and our home gym unit I have facing out the window and it over looks the Pacific ocean. It is like a dream. I cant wait to get back too it but it might be till this weekend because I have so much to do at the other house still and I am up to my eyeballs in boxes! I will post a pic of my gym soon for you to see :)

Nice workouts everyone!!!! I cant believe how fast I get flabby if I just take a week off of working out. My doctor says it is because of menopause. Shit! Anyway, I have no internet or tv yet, thank goodness for my hotspot on my phone.

Getting a new dishwasher delivered today and have to head back to the other house to get all of the food out of the refrigerator since that is staying with the new buyer. We live on a steep hill and boy is it a butt burner! Took the dog for a long walk and I was huffing and puffing by the time I got back to the house.

Have a wonderful day. I miss my workouts and keeping in touch with all of you girls.

Good morning,

Day 43 AAA is done. The entire time I been thinking today is Friday. Guess what? Somehow I skipped Wednesday's scheduled workout Day 41 TB Core :( I completely skipped it. Didn't realized it after I was done with today's workout. Tomorrow I will do Day 41 TB Core. Awww...hate when this happens. My husband rushed me on Wednesday, I didn't had a full cup of coffee that day. Without my coffee I am a zombie in the morning, lol.

Jolie - sounds like you still have lots of work to do. But once everything is done, you can kick back and relax.

Diane - I was beat yesterday. I ended up resting the afternoon. My legs wouldn't move, lol. Great job yesterday.

I will try to be back later.

Today I hopped on my Max Trainer and did a 30 minute challenge with one of the trainers, not sure who he was. Wow, this was seriously a puke status workout! I was actually nauseous when I got done. This one had only 10 intervals of 30 second sprints but I'm telling you, these sprints kill if you do your full speed. He went from 4% resistance for a few sprints, then went up to 7% - which did me in and then went back down to 4%. By the time I was at interval 9 I could not go my hardest, my legs burned, my lungs burned. It was incredible. So fun!

I had all intentions of doing Kelly's RAW Home Gym workout but yea, didn't happen.

Workout was 32 minutes, I burned 238 calories (MT showed 262), went .67 miles and did 1723 steps. HR was 132/158 but I swear it was way higher. MT showed I was in the 180's at times.

I'm sort of bummed that I'm not getting the steps I got when I was running, CC #1 shows I got about 4000 steps. I know I shouldn't be stuck on steps, but I was really hoping it would be comparable. Oh well, I know I got a good workout. I was drenched.

I also did Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch and that felt great. Really needed it.

Again, I don't have time for personals. So sorry. I promise to be back later.

Have great workouts everyone!

I am slow getting here today. I have lots to get done and keep slacking or something. I did some chores, my workout, went to the store, mowed the grass, swept seedlings and leaves up from storms and came in to take care of a few things. Now I am taking a break, but am not done. Our lawn is small, but I have to push around a rotary lawn more. No power required but me :p I got over 10,000 steps in so far today.
I did Kelly Coffey Shape Up mix cardio from both workouts, 31 minutes, heart rate 131 average, max 171, met 9.0, 239 calories, 2,392 steps. This is done on an 8 inch step and there is some jumping and mountain climbers in it. It is tabata style 20 on 10 off 8 rnds of each exercise. I remember why I don't choose it often. It isn't so bad when it is alternated with the upper weights in the regular workouts. I then did Cathe Intensity times aver step + low hiit skipping the warm up, 43 minutes, met 7.0, 285 calories, heart rate 139 average, 164 max, 3,580 steps. I finished off with Fit Tower legs, hips, core, premix core and stretch only, 19 minutes, met 4.0, 66 calories, 289 steps. Total time was 93 minutes, 590 calories, 6,261 steps.
Odd, I just looked at my Fit Bit App on my phone and someone else workout is there again. This time they did outdoor bike for 15 minutes this afternoon unless it is counting me working outside as outdoor bike. but I was working longer than 15 minutes?? I am having to delete these workouts so they are not added to my totals. I wonder why this is happening.

Debbie, I have a hard time ignoring the step counts. I know that doing things like spin bike and kettlebell swings are getting my heart rate up and increasing my fitness level along with cross training, but those things do not show up as lots of steps even though I know my heart rate is up there and I feel I am working hard. I also do not understand why I didn't get more calories with Intensity. I usually get over 320 calories when I do that premix. I keep thinking that I am going to try one of the Ripped and Ride Raw workouts on the Tread Climber. I almost did that today. I have done I have still not tried the March one yet. I think I did the first two. They are really like Home Gym Intervals where you get off and do some weight work . One I did did weight work and kettlebell. I have done Home Gym Intervals on the Tread climber though.

Belinda, sorry you messed up on the order of your workouts. Particularly since you are doing a specific rotation. I thought that I was doing the Fit Tower Advanced bonus core and didn't realize till they did those swimmer things that I hate that I had pushed the premix and started it. I had looked at the moves of both on the workout manager, and I guess I just didn't think when I went back to the television. I probably muddled my brain with all of the cardio.

Jolie, that is great that you are almost all moved in. I bet the view is beautiful from your workout area.

Catching up on personals:

Diane - Nice job with your workouts and you are right, Strong and Lean is a fun one. It goes by so fast. I can't believe you followed it up with another workout afterwards. I need to do that one more often, I totally enjoyed it. I need to mow my moms lawn and ours looks like it needs it too. Yikes, now that is starting. I don't mind, though, I love being outside. That is so odd about your FB seeing another workout. When I ride my motorcycle and forget to turn off my FB it shows up as me bicycling. LOL!! Weird, though, on yours.

Jolie - So happy you are in your new home and I am SO JEALOUS about your new workout room. When we move to the lake I will for sure have a room looking at the lake when I workout. I hope anyways. Glad everything went well and I hope the cleanup in your old house goes fast. And I'm sure you aren't flabby. You might feel that way, but you are not. Not after only a week.

Belinda - Sorry you accidentally missed one of your workouts. I'm sure making it up will be fine. You are kicking ass with that series!

Roxie - Hope all is well!

Roselyn - Nice job with your workouts!

Checking in, no workout today :( I had to go to my old house to finish up and organize what I have left and I only have one more load tomorrow and that job is done. Then, onto the new house to unpack, but that is a whole lot easier than packing:) I hope workout tomorrow but I have a washer and dryer being delivered so I might have to wait till Saturday, oh well, not the end of the world. I am so sore, my low back, legs and arms it is amazing.

Debbie, awesome workout on your machine today!!!!! I can do that type of workout on my elliptical, it feels so good when you are done with the workout!

Diane Sue, Has spring sprung in your neck of the woods? Great workouts all week, I have to go back and read everyone's post so I can get caught up. I wonder why your FB picked up on someone else's workout? Weird.

Belinda, great job on the workout today. If I don't have coffee in the morning now days, I am an idiot :) I have been so tired lately from the move and too little of sleep. I cant wait to get back into my routine.

Roselyn, great job on the workout.

Have a nice day.

Jolie - running around is a workout too. I hope soon you get to relax and enjoy your new house.

Debbie - my brain doesn't function without my coffee in the morning. Thank you for your kind words! I will make up the missed workout tomorrow.

Diane - you did a lot today. Bushing around a lawn mower is a lot of work. We have a huge yard. We bought a riding lawn mover. I had a Fitbit until December 2018, now I have a Apple watch. Its do different and counts only your workouts when you set it. I like to follow a rotation to the T. I am sure, I am fine as long as I am not doing it every week. I have only done one of the Fit Tower Advanced workouts since they got released :( Now I have to look up the Swimmers? Great job today.

Roselyn and Roxie - hope you having a great workout.

Good morning,

Day 41 TB Core is done. I need a good stretch today. Woke up with soreness in my back/abs :)

Roselyn - nice job yesterday.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

This morning I did Cathe Live Toasted Trisets w/Core from 5/3/18 but skipped core. What is it with Cathe and the Monster Walks and the Lying Leg Lifts in all these workouts? I really love the routine but it kills my low back for some reason. I even tried to modify it the last time I did it and I had low back tightness for a couple of days afterwards. I wish she would switch it up a bit. Oh well, still had a great workout, I really like this one.

Each Triset was done 3 times through at 8 reps. Killer!!!

Triset 1
Biceps Curl:
17.5's
W Curls: 10's
Hammer Curl: 12's

Triset 2
Triceps Overhead Extension:
25#
Lying Triceps Extensions: 12's
Dips: 24 reps

Triset 3
One Arm Row:
30#/35#/35#
Pullovers: 25#
Rear Flies: 12's

Triset 4
Dumbbell Flies:
22.5's
Pushups: 8 slow reps (did all on my toes, this was tough)
Close Grip to Chest Press: 15's

Triset 5
Standing Shoulder Press:
17.5's (only got to rep 7 with last set)
Lateral Raise: 10's
Front Raise: 15#

Triset 6
Monster Walks:
10 reps - skipped
Lying Leg Raise w/Weight: 5 sets - skipped
Plank Hip Dips: 10 reps - skipped

Workout was 51 minutes, burned 398 calories (holy smokes!) and HR was 143/194. Happy with this, was shocked at the calorie burn.

Gotta go get some shopping done, hope you all have great workouts and a great weekend!! I'll check in if I do any workouts this weekend.

Today I did Kelly Coffey's new Raw workout Hip Hop Weights. This is under muscle endurance and the muscle gets pretty fatigued through each body part. She uses her son's music for this one from the cd he made. Hip Hop Weights was 51 minutes(42 actual as I stopped to write down the moves) , met 7.0, 248 calories, heart rate 98 average, max 131 (I was surprised at this as I was breathing hard and sweating) 1,156 steps. This may be better stats next time since I won't stop to write things down.
I then did Rev'd Up Rumble, 42 minutes, met 8.0, 283 calories, heart rate average 136, max 171, 3,431 steps.
Total time was 93 minutes, 531 calories, 4,587 steps.

Raw Hip Hop weights Reps vary from 8 to 12 for pretty much all of it. Each song played does a body part .
Kelly uses 12.5 # dbs and 7# dbs for the lights
Warm up is done in planks -knee pull/down dog to plank/push up
plank to lunBicepsge/kneepull/cobra
standing squat/squat twist- squat reach
shoulder rolss and head to right and left
ending with side to side step
Shoulders
light dumbbells
I used 8#
side to side step upright row/front raise this is 4 reps upright row 4 reps front raise
overhead press 8 reps
lateral raise 8 reps
bent over lateral raise
3rnds of this then add
ends with a bit of 4th round reverse lunge 12 reps /side to side upright row front raise till song ends
Back
heavier dumbbells
I used 12# dbs and 1.5# gloves (tried bowflex weights but to fast and uncomfortable
squat pulls
rows double arm
rows alternating
2 rnds then add on reverse lunge rows for two more sets ending with squat pulls
Biceps
Heavier dumbbells
I used the same as I did for back
double and single arm curls alternating 4 times which makes 8 reps
supinating curls
side to side lunge 4 then add in curls with the side to side lunges
3 rnds ?? I think that is what I did
Legs Heavier Dumbbells same used here 12# with 1.5# gloves reps can change with each round
squats 12 reps
front lunge/ angle lunge 8 reps
deadlift
side to side plie squat with pulses
3 rounds ??
Triceps
light weights
I used 8 # with 1.5# gloves
kickbacks 8 reps
kickbacks alternating 8 to 12 reps is what I counted depending on round
overhead press 7 to 10 reps
3 rounds then add pull up arms from behind to the rounds for 3 more rounds (my triceps were tired )
Chest
heavy weights
12 lb and 1.5 gloves
flys
bench press
modified pullovers
4 rounds
push ups to finish off
Abs
no weights

crunch
crunch with hip tilt
reverse crunch
both reverse and crunch
repeat 2 or 3 times ??
oblique crunch then with knee ins

I will return later. It is getting late and I have to run to the bank and store before after school traffic. I hate getting in those lines of cars waiting to pick up children.

It seemed to take forever to get done shopping as I went to the big Walmart by our bank. It was busy and worse since it was Friday. Why are they always stocking shelves and blocking the aisles during the busy times? It is so aggravating. I left with a headache and thought after Excedrin it was gone for awhile ,but it creeped back up on me.

Debbie, Lol on getting readings while riding your motorcycle. Maybe it gets your heart rate up ;) Nice workout today, you really pushed it today. I don't know about some of those moves. I was sorry after I did the fit tower core workout with the swimmers. Those kill my back every time and then I added yard work and it was hard to stand up straight when I came in. I was nursing it last night. My low back was really hurting. I should have skipped that. Not only does she do those swimmers with the arms and legs prone, but she does tapping the heels together in and out. She does this with her arms up. My low back was not happy.

Jolie, I hope you can get a workout in tomorrow. I know you are itching too even though you are doing a lot just moving and unpacking. Yes, spring has sprung. I have roses getting ready to open up and bulbs coming out. :)

Belinda, good job on getting your workout in. So now you are back on track ;) I noticed that you are really good at following rotations as laid out. I think I have only done that with STS and Body Beast. I think I changed it up with Chalean Extreme and some of those rotations I added to when they were short or did not have enough cardio for me.

Roelyn, nice work getting legs in.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.