Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check in for August 2017

Today's workout was Cardio Slam, 54 minutes, 349 calories, heart rate 125 average, max 148, 4,029 steps. I sure felt like my heart rate should have been higher than that. If this was not on my schedule today I think I would have done something else. But, that is why I chose a rotation.
The bonus abs was on this from Strong and Sweaty so that was next, 13 minutes, 49 calories, heart rate average 104, max 129, 289 steps :0.
I added on the Fit Tower Advanced Bootcamp mish mosh cardio and abs, 29 minutes, 152 calories, heart rate average 113, max 152, 1,028 steps. Total time was 96 minutes, calories burned 550, Total Steps so far 5,829.

Debbie, the only times I get my 10,000 steps in is on heavy house cleaning along with shopping days or when I have the little grandchildren here. I don't worry about it. I look and track but if I end at 8,000 I am okay because I know I work out. Even with the longer workouts I don't get the 10,000 steps in. It is really dependent on the workouts on steps. Jumping doesn't give as many steps as doing travelling movements.

Today I did ICE Muscle Meltdown CHEST, Giant Set and I did four rounds like Diane Sue suggested. I didn't do heavy weights but you sure are feeling it by the fourth round. No rest between sets and I burned 180 calories. Then I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes, 2.2 miles, 6.5 incline, 3.2 and 3.3 speed and burned 400 calories. I stretched at the end. Total workout time was 1 hour 15 minutes and I burned a total of 605 calories. My average heart rate was 125 and my max was 156. I am at 11,153 steps and it is only 10:30am. I did walk my dog for a mile before my workout.

Chest Press DB-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 12

Chest Flies-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 12

Incline Chest Press DB-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 12

Incline Chest Flies-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 12

Debbie,
nice Bicep and Ab workout. I am glad you have time in the morning to walk on the treadmill along with your weight workout, that way you get your steps in for the day!

Diane Sue, great workout today, another long one. I know that when I am doing kickboxing workouts the punches count as steps.

Roselyn, have a nice workout today.

Running late, have a nice day!

Jolie, nice workout today. I wish I could get that many steps in. When I do kickboxing I try to step into some of those punches just to get in a bit more activity and steps. I am not sure that it does much for me though. I think those Muscle Meltdowns alone made purchasing the ice workouts worthwhile.

So for someone who didn't feel like working out at all today, I had one of the best workouts ever. I did a Cardio Coach Mix that I don't believe I've ever done and had a great workout. Lots of miles and calories burn. Very happy! Almost at 10K steps and it's not even 7:30.

Workout was 60 minutes, ran 4.24 miles, burned 424 calories (TM said 596) and went 8573 steps!!! Avg HR was 119 and Max was 165. I was only at 165 bpm for the first challenge which was the two 8 minute treks from CC #7. The rest of the workout was sprinting and I was in the high 120's for all of that. Really weird. I feel awesome!!!

Diane Sue - Nice workout! You worked out long yesterday. I like the ab work from S&S. Weird how your HR was only up to 140. Sounds just like me!!

Jolie - Nice workout yesterday, I bet your chest is feeling it today. I need to get those Melt Down workouts, they sound awesome.

Debbie, nice work on cardio coach today. Great job on getting almost all of your steps in already.!

Today I wanted a bit of cardio warm up so I did Tracey Staehle Cardio Kickbox Challenge 30 minute premix, 195 calories 113 average 155 max heart rate. I followed with the rotation doing Ripped With Hiit Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, 41 minutes, 177 calories, sverage heart rate 104 max 133. I finished off with Barre Amped Stretch upper and relaxation. 26 minutes 41 calories. Total time was 96 minutes calories 413. It has been over a year since I have done this upper body workout from RWH. I had to lower weights some from a year ago.
Bench press 20's x 12 reps x 3 sets
finisher push up 15 reps
Incline Bench Press 20's x 12reps x 3 sets
triceps push ups 16 reps
Incline Fly 17.5's x 12 reps, x 3 sets
decline push ups 16 reps
super set overhead press 10 reps with upright rows 10 reps 30# barbell x 3 sets
finisher scare crows 5# x 20 reps
superset lateral raise 10 reps 10# with dumbbell front raise 10 reps 15# 3 sets
external rotation lateral raise
overhead triceps extensions 25# x 14 reps 1 set; 30 # x 12 reps 2 sets
finisher dips 20/20 reps
Barbell lying extensions 35# x 12 reps x 3 sets
finisher kickbacks 10's x 20 reps

Todays workout was a 6 mile walk outside because it was cooler and I had to get out of my gym room! workout was 1 hour 50 minutes and I burned 649 calories. It took a little longer than usual because I ran into a friend halfway through and stopped to talk with her for about 10 minutes. I feel great today even though I didn't get enough sleep last night. My chest is sore from my workout yesterday, adding the addition Giant Set really gets you good!

Debbie,
nice job on the cardio today! Don't you just love when you have a kick ass workout! I kind of felt like that today myself. I could have gone much further but I ran out of time. Some days I am dragging and some I have all the energy in the world. I will suggest to Cathe that your idea for a run/cardio workout is really needed. I am sure there are a ton of people that love to run like you.

Diane Sue, another great workout in the bag for you! You have so much stamina, it really is amazing. I love RWH weight workouts, I think the finishers at the end really burn the muscle good. I always do the Bicep workout and I add Power Hour Biceps at the end sometimes.

Roselyn,
I hope you have a great workout today.

First football game of the year for my youngest son today at 3pm. I am really excited and hope they do well. He will also play on the varsity team tomorrow night. He plays a lot so he is always tired, but boy is he in great shape. Both of my boys are solid muscle! I love it. My husband for the first time came home early from work (8pm is early) and worked out. I was really happy that he made the effort.

Have a nice day.

Jolie, that is great that you are feeling energetic and your walk went so well. Power Hour Biceps are a real burner. Short and sweet. I always laughed at Cathe's evil laugh when putting me through that pain.

Today I did Pure Strength Shoulders and had a really good workout. I also did the ab work from 4DS Kickbox. Love that one.gh.

Shoulders
Arnold Press:
15's - 3 sets/10 reps
Seated Clean & Press: 8's/5's - 2 sets/8 reps
Side Lateral Raise: 10's - 2 sets/20 reps
Reverse Flies: 10's - 2 sets/10 reps
Seated Lateral Raise:
8's – 16 reps

I did the ab work and I walked on my treadmill for 1.50 miles. :)

Total workout was 60 minutes, average HR was 98, Max was 131, I burned 287 calories and went 4292 steps.

Jolie - Thanks for going to the other thread and agreeing with me on those workouts. I appreciate it!!! How did the football game go?

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday, I like Tracy's kickboxing workouts, I should get those out again.

Roselyn - Hope your workouts are going good!

Today's workout on my rotation was Ripped with Hiit Legs , 44 minutes, 217 calories, heart rate 111 average, 144 max, 1,779 steps. I followed this with Ice Low Impact Sweat cardio 2 time saver, 28 minutes, 202 calories, heart rate average 126, max 155, 1,824 steps. Total time was 72 minutes, 419 calories.
weights today
low pulse lunges 25's 24 reps /squat digs
plie squats 40# 16 reps / plie jacks 24
static lunge right side 25's 16 reps/split jumps 24
static lunge left side 25's 16 reps/ split jumps 24
squats 25's 24 reps/ pop squats 24
narrow plie touch down jacks 24 reps
wood chop side lunges 10# 24 reps
explosive side lunges 12's 20 reps
cross back lunges 20# 40 reps / lateral skates
low pulse lunges 20# /power circle scissors after each side
dead Lift 30's 16 reps/ snow angel jacks 20 reps
dead lift wide stance 25's 16 reps / frog jumps with quarter turn 10 reps
walking lunges 15's /scissor wide tuck jump

Debbie, I like Tracey's Kickboxing too. It also is nice to workout with a different instructor once in awhile. They all have their own method and change is nice.

I have had to take the last two days off due to my parents visiting. They wanted to see my boys play their first game for the season, which they won, so I thought I would enjoy the time with family. I always color and cut my moms hair when she visits so I have been busy. I will workout tomorrow since they will leave today.

Roselyn, I love Cathe Live too but it is too high impact for me right now since my back just doesn't want to cooperate lately...

Have a nice day.

Today on the rotation I did Ripped With Hiit Low Impact hiit #2, 219 calories, heart rate 121 average, 164 max, 2,032 steps. Also on the rotation it had RWH abs #2, 13 minutes, 30 calories, 88 steps. I added on Ice Low Impact Sweat cardio #1, 30 minutes, 191 calories, heart rate 121 average, max 155, 1,698 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, calories burned 420.

Jolie, the break was probably good for you and family time is always the best time :)

I have found when I use Google Chrome that the emoji's do not work. They blink and go out. Explorer they work fine.

So I'm thinking about ordering all the ICE workouts, they look good. I especially think I will like the kickboxing one. Is it worth the $99 for all 7 DVD's? I like that you can do one body part as an add-on or work two a workout (or more) if you want. Are the lifting exercises good? Different maybe from other workouts? Or are they they usual lifting exercises?

Any thoughts appreciated!

I don't have ICE Debbie so I don't know

Kept up with workouts this weekend, today was Kickboxing Quick Fix,

My daughter got engaged Friday night so it has been an exciting weekend!! Fun stressful times ahead so exercise should help, Right??

Today was my rest day. The family came over for my birthday and grilled chicken. Tomorrow I will be trying to get going early with my workout plan of Ripped with Hiit Circuit Upper body and then to my daughter's to help to get her printer working.

Debbie, Ice Lower body is like a lot of the newer ones which is weights and cardio. Upper Body is all upper body. I wouldn't say there is a lot new. The blizzard blasts are more intense segments added too the workouts or can be used separate. Metabolic Meltdown is a lot of lower and upper body worked together. All of the Muscle Meltdowns are a single upper body part giant set of 5 moves done 3 times with a premix to do them 4 times. I love these. To me all of the premixes and extras were worth the money. The Rock'm Sock'm workout is fun. I do feel it has a lot of boxing in it. It is not as intense to me as some others. The blizzard blast is good on this. It is a nice add on to a weight workout. The Upper Body one is just what it says all upper body if I remember right this one does not have the blizzard blast on it. I generally go heavier than they do on these. You could look at the downloadable user guide for it and see what they all contain. I have been pleased with them. The cardio is not extreme to me.

Roselyn, a wedding will be exciting , lots of planning, and ups and downs emotionally. I went through this with both of my daughters. The hardest was when I knew one was moving away to NC soon after the wedding. They moved back after he got out of the military :D Congratulations on adding another member to your family.

No workouts for me this week, I am taking the week off. Just need the rest. My upper back is still touchy and my right shoulders is hurting for some reason. Thought it might be good to get a recovery week in.

Thanks for the info on ICE. Diane Sue, I will check out the manual and then make my decision. I appreciate you sending it!!!

Have great workouts this week, I will check in here and there.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.