Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check in for August 2017

Todays workout was Chest and Triceps. I did 4 exercises per muscle group, 3 sets, 12 reps and 1 minute rest in between sets. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 315 calories. I did some leg raise type of ab work at the end of the workout. I cannot do any crunches due to my disc problem but the leg raises I can do and they are effective. Average heart rate was 104 and max was 146.

Warm up Chest Press DB-
15# x 15

Chest Press DB-
25# x 12, x 12, x 12

Chest Flies-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12

Incline Chest Press DB-
25# x 12, x 12, x 12

Incline Chest Flies-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12

Lying Triceps Ext. DB-
15# x 12. x 12, x 12

Cross Body Lying Ext. DB-
12# x 12, x 12, x 12

Cable Triceps Pull Downs-
30# x 12, x 12, x 12

2 Arm Triceps Kickbacks DB-
8# x 12, x 12, x 12

ABS- Leg raises

Debbie, Nice arm workout today! I love that workout, I should do it too. I will probably order the new workouts as well, I like 4 Day Split and if it is similar, I'm sold.

Diane Sue and Roselyn,
I will check back in later to see your posts. I hope you have a great workout.

Have a nice day.

Yesterday was a rest day. Family brunch and we went out on the motorcycle there and then a bit around our area.
Today I did Intensity with part of the bonus that kept freezing on me till I gave up and did the stretch, 65 minutes, 415 calories. I then did Strong and Sweaty Abs, 13 minutes, 59 calories. Total time 78 minutes, 474 calories. The children sure keep me busy. Olivia brought some art stuff. She loves Manatees and her mother slipped in a canvas with a manatee on it. I need to decide what medium would be best after some past experience. Apparently my husband brought me some stuff for my birthday that arrived today. I wondered why there was an extra package in the mail. I saw the packing slip but did not open the packages. OOPS!! Jewelry and shoes :D (from the packing slip) Now I know why he was questioning my granddaughters shoe size when I was looking for her in relation to mine. We had a whole conversation on shoe sizes. I have my grand children here this week so am going to be busy. Fun though:)

Debbie, great job on 4 Day Split today.

Jolie, it seems one of the workouts I did recently had lots of lower ab work in it. A good effective ab move all the same. Nice workout. I just pulled out my book New Rules for Lifting for Abs today to look through it. I wanted to go through it and find some ideas again.

Last edited:
Today I did Run Fit and had a really good workout. Haven't done this one in a while. Looks like the last time I did this one was June 29. I did really well with it and had fun. It has been so nice here, no humidity, right now it's 56 degrees!!! The high today is supposed to be 76. The dog days of summer are supposed to be here but it sure isn't. Really weird weather, our summer was on the cooler side this year although we had about 10 - 90 degree days earlier in the summer.

Workout was 52 minutes, ran 3.66 miles, burned 360 calories (TM said 492) and went 7447 steps. Avg HR was 119 and Max was 160 although I didn't feel like I was working that hard.

Diane Sue - We haven't ridden our motorcycles much this summer. It was either too hot or too cold. LOL! Can't win here in Ohio. I hope we get a few more good rides in by the time winter hits. I love riding my motorcycle. LOL on your husband and his gifts, that is so sweet!!! I hope you like what he got you. When is your birthday?

Jolie - Nice workout yesterday. Yes, I like 4DS, it is a good workout series. I hope her new ones are similar. I will wait until there are clips of it on here before I pre-order.

Today I did Ice Chiseled Lower Body, 49 minutes, heart rate 122 avg./max 155, 324 calories. I then did Ice Muscle Meltdown Biceps using 15# dumbbells, 17 minutes, 55 calories, heart rate 100 avg./123 max. Total time was 66 minutes, calories 379.

Debbie, nice amount of step today. It has been too hot here too. It just rained a bit and cooled down some with some cloud ccover so we were able to get out. We have not been out on the bike very often. Right now it still feels pretty hot with the humidity. More rain is coming in a couple of days. My husband was able to to ride to work the last two days. My birthday is the end of the month. He warned me there was more stuff coming so I don't mix it up with my Amazon and family birthday stuff I ordered.

Today I did 4DS Back & Chest. Love this workout, had fun doing it. Looking forward to the new ones Cathe is working on!!!

Round 1

Supermans
(warmup): hate these but did them anyways
One Arm Rows (warmup): 12#/16 reps
One Arm Rows: 30#/8 reps
Pushups - Full/Partial – 7x’s (love these!)
One Arm Rows – 30#/8 reps
Pushups – 8 singles/8 bottom/8 top

Round 2
Underhand BB Rows
– 50#/2 sets-7/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes – 25's/12 slow reps
Underhand BB Rows – 50#/2 sets-7 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes – 25's/12 slow reps

Round 3
One Arm Rows Palms Back
– 25#/12 reps
Decline Pushups – 12 reps (did these off my step)

Round 4
Incline Pullovers
– 30#/8 reps
Incline DB Chest Press – 30's/12 reps

Round 5
Back Pulls w/Band -
I skipped these because my upper back is bother me, didn't want to chance it
superset w/
Y’s w/Band - Skipped
Around the Clock Pushups - Love this exercise!

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1.44 miles.

Workout was a total of 62 minutes, Avg HR was 97, Max was 129 and burned 268 calories.

Diane Sue - It's supposed to get a bit humid here today but not too bad. It is 58 degrees this morning. I'm cold. It's August and I'm cold. What is wrong with this picture? LOL!!! Nice workout yesterday!!!

Today I did Ice Rock'm Sock'm timesaver #3 Blizzard Blast and Muscle Meltdown Triceps, 48 minutes, 288 calories. I needed to get done quick and wanted a little strength work. Tomorrow will probably be a rest day. I have another grandchild coming and we will be busy with activity all day. Got to run.

No workout yesterday, my boys had orientation at schools so I just couldn't fit it in. Today I did Shoulders, Leg extensions and I walked one mile on the treadmill up hill. Workout was 1 hour 10 minutes and I burned 436 calories.

Warm Up DB Seated Overhead Press-
12# x 15

Seated Overhead Press DB-
20# x 12, x 10, x 9, x 12 TF

1 Arm Lat raise DB-
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
2 Arm Lat Raise DB-
8# x 15 TF

Upright Rows DB-
15# x 15, x 13, x 10, x 12 TF ( need to go heavier next time)

Rear Flies-
10# x 15, x 12, x 10, x 15 TF ( need to go heavier next time)

Incline Front Raise 2 arms DB-
10# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 10 TF

Leg Extensions-
40# x 20
50# x 15, x 14, x 13, x 12 TF

Debbie, nice workouts the last couple of days. It has been over 90 degrees each day this whole summer and really humid due to the hurricanes off the coast of Mexico. My cardio has suffered because it is just too hot to do it! We used to have street bikes but we sold them and got into dirt bikes instead. My boys started riding 50's on training wheels at 3 years old. They would be in dippers and with Bottles handing out of their mouths riding. Now they both ride 400's two strokes and are nuts in my opinion!

Diane Sue, Happy Birthday whenever that is!!! Nice workout as well, you and Debbie are killing it this summer. You are going to look so good in your jeans and boots this year!

Roselyn, I hope you are getting to workout!

Have a nice day, my boys go back to school tomorrow! Yeah!!! This will give me more time to myself to workout and finally get my house clean again!

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had a great workout. I seriously wish Cathe would make some of these type of workouts for the treadmill. When I get time later I'm going to post the suggestion out there. I know she would be able to do some awesome running workouts for those of us who enjoy running. Never thought I'd say that!!!

Anyways, workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.81 miles (my best yet with this workout), burned 266 calories (TM said 376). Avg. HR was 113 and Max was 149. I can't believe I didn't break 150 here. I was working hard and even did some sprinting on an incline.

Diane Sue - Hope you are having fun with your grand kids. They sure keep you busy!! Nice workout yesterday.

Jolie - Your kids start back early, some of our schools here start back the last week of August and we have a handful that start after Labor Day. Hope they have a great year!!! Nice workout, you kicked butt!!

Roselyn - Hope you are having a great time on your vacation!

Hope you all have great workouts today!!!

Today I did Biceps and a little Triceps. I have already done triceps this week, but I was on a roll so I did some more.

BB Curls-
35# x 12, x 10, x 8

Seated Alt. DB Curls-
20# x 12, x 10, x 10

Preacher Curls DB-
15# x 12, x 10, x 8

Conc. Curls-
20# x 12, x 10, x 8

Hammer Curls-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Power Hour Biceps-
20# Barbell x a hell of a lot of reps!

Power Hour Tricep
10# DB's x a hell of a lot of reps!
8# x 12 Triceps kickbacks 1 arm

Workout was 46 minutes and I burned 237 calories. Average heart rate was 100 and max was 150.

My youngest son was choking this morning on his toast and coughed so hard he split his eye back open! It didn't split a lot, but it was bleeding. I hope something major didn't happen. This is the incision that had the plastic surgery stitches. I need to get him in again to have it looked at. I have been so stressed lately from all the hospital visits from Nicks eye to Jacks broken thumb and sprained other thumb ect. It is really taking toll on me. Stress kills me! Football season has just started and I am done with the injuries already!

Debbie, Nice workout today! I am always amazed that your heart rate is so low. My max heart rate doing arms was 150! At least you are staying in the fat burning mode so that's a plus! I think that is a great idea for Cathe to come out with similar workouts. I have never seen her run so I wonder if she enjoys it. I think treadmill workouts would be awesome. Also, maybe we could use them on the elliptical as well!

Diane Sue and Roselyn, I hope you all have a nice day!

Cheers!

Today I did 4DS Shoulders, Calves & Core only did do Calves and Core. I did ab work yesterday from this workout but I think I forgot to post it. Warmed up with GS Back, Shoulders & Bi's.

Round 1
Seated Overhead Press
- 8's/10's/12's/15's - Pyramid sets (16/12/10/8 reps)

Round 2
Alternate OH Press
- 15's - 3 sets/4 reps each side
SS w/
Upright Dumbbell Rows – 15's - 12 reps (used my barbell)

Round 3

Lateral Raises
– 10's - 3 sets/8 reps

Round 4
Front/Rear Raises
– 8's - 2 sets/8 reps
SS w/
Rear Delt Flyes – 8's - 2 sets/12 reps

Round 5

External Rotation Pulls w/Band

Calves -
Skipped

Abs - Skipped - did this yesterday

I also walked on my TM for 1.5 miles at a 3% incline. My HR was around 120 the whole time. I forgot to start my FB until I was half way through the shoulder workout. :( Oh well.

Workout was 45 minutes (but really an hour since I forgot to start my watch), Avg HR 101, Max 133, burned 227 calories.

Jolie -
Holy crap about your son, I sure hope he is ok. Keep us updated. Nice workout yesterday! The beauty of a running workout is that Cathe really doesn't need to be actually running. These would be Mp3 workout for your headphones and she would just tell you what to do in the workout. That is how Cardio Coach is set up. So if she knows any runners, they could help her design the workouts. I'd even offer to help. :) That would be fun!!

Have great workouts and a great weekend everyone!!!

Last edited:
Today I did Strong and Sweaty PHA training with the abs, 64 minutes, 278 calories, heart rate 107 avg./ 144 max. This had me at 56% fat burn today. I have so much to do today with running and cleaning. I am tired!! Very little sleep with all of this coughing and allergies. My grandchildren went home last night.
Workout today was lighter than I would normally go. I just didn't have the energy to extra into it. Yesterday I did not workout. Just too tired and last day the grandchildren were here, plus I had my 6 year old grandson come as well since Thursdays are our fun day together.
Cathe's weights or a little more.
Group 1 exercises 12 reps all
squat off the end 15#all 3 rounds
overhead press 15's all 3 rounds
side lunge 15's all 3 rounds
upright row 15's 1 round 12's 2 rounds
step ups 15's all 3 rounds
release push ups 12 reps all 3 rounds
Group 2 exercises
cross back lunges 15# all 3 rounds
bicep curls 15's all rounds
deadlifts 25's all rounds
pull overs 15's all 3 rounds
standing squats 25's all 3 rounds
lying triceps extensions 15's all 3 rounds

Jolie, I hope your boys mend soon. That is too bad about the stitches and eye area. I hope the stress lets up for you soon and you can relax a bit. Those Power hour exercises always had my muscles burning with all of those reps.

Debbie, nice workout as usual. Cathe would probably make a good treadmill workout. I enjoy her spin bike workouts when I do them. They have some good music and are planned well with each move type around 4 to 5 minute segments. I remember Tracey Staehle's Treadmill workouts (although they were on dvd) one had an audio I think of it. I used to them quite a bit. I liked the side and backward walking movements. It was more of a walking workout though with the fastest pace being around 4 mph. I gave those to my daughter when she got our treadmill.

Hi to Roselyn !

Today I just woke up tired. It is so hot and humid here this summer I haven't slept well in 3 months. I did BACK, Giant Set, 3 rounds, 12 reps per set with no rest in between. This workout is better for my back because I don't have to lift heavy because of the amount of reps and no rest periods. Workout was 30 minutes and I burned 226 calories. Average heart rate was 111 and max was 142.

1 Arm Rows-
25# x 12, x 12, x 12

DB Pull Overs-
24# x 12, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Hortz. Rows-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12

Wide Grip Pull Downs-
50# x 12, x 12, x 12

BB Rows-
45# x 12, x 12, x 12

DB Deadlifts-
15#DB x 12, x 12, x 12 (these I cannot go heavy due to my back issue)

I was going to jump on the treadmill but it is too hot. I cannot believe how out of shape my legs are, bigger and flabbier, with all of the walking I have done this year! Do any of you have any suggestion?

Debbie,
nice workout today. I think you have a great idea with the running workouts that Cathe could make. You should defiantly give the suggestion.

Diane Sue, Nice PHAT workout today. That workout is really hard for me. It really gets your heart rate up. I should probably do more of those workouts. I might go back to Cathe Live again, I never cancelled it.

My sons eye is ok, thank God!

Anybody else stressed out about this North Korea issue? Thank God Trump and Mad Dog Maddis are in office heading up this issue instead of Clinton. I guess I am so nervous because they said a bomb could hit LA and that's so close to me. I'm sure nothing will happen, its just that this is all they are talking about on the news!

Have a nice day!

Back from vacay!! Had so much fun, we were in Branson so alot of walking in Silver Dollar City and my husband and I got up and walked mornings so got home today did a Hiit workout and tomorrow STS Mesocycle 2 Hypertrophy.

Jolie, that is great that your son's eye is okay. It is very hot and humid here. I try not to worry about what is going on. I hear it on the news here. I am glad too that we have the leaders that we have. Not someone who will just sit back and let them walk all over us and do what they want. I think it helps to change up the cardio a lot. If you do the same thing all of the time the body seems to adapt to it. I find some circuits and boot camp workouts here and there help me out if I throw them into the mix. It usually means I have to do one of them skip a day and do a weight workout for a body part or two. Or I add a body part on the circuit day. If that makes sense. Lower body is always the hardest to trim down. I would say higher reps for lower body and extra cardio as well as lower fat on the diet. Everyone is different though. Just try stepping back and look at what you have been typically doing lately and change it up.

Roselyn, it is good to hear the vacation went well. It sounds like it was fun and relaxing. The walks sound nice.

Today I did Cardio on the Treadmill and 4 Day Split Biceps. I walked for 50 minutes uphill, 6.0 incline, 3.3 speed and I burned 420 calories.
Total calorie burn was 608, average heart rate was 115 and max was 176. I let my fit bit run for an extra 30 minutes after my workout and I burned an additional 198 calories for my after burn!

Standing Hammer Curls with a twist-
10# x 14
12# x 12
15# x 10
20# x 8

Crazy 8's with BB-
30# x 24

Reverse Curls DB-
12# x 12

Incline Hammer Curls with a twist-
12# x 15 (should have gone heavier)

Standing Hammer Curls-
15# x 15

Conc. Curls-
20# x 12

Diane Sue, thanks for the info yesterday. I need to change things up, but I am a little worried because of my back. I got a back brace that really helps and supports my lower back when lifting and doing cardio if needed.

Roselyn, I am so happy you enjoyed your vacation! I am going to order the new workouts. They are really inexpensive so why not!

Have a nice day. I have football fundraising party to go to this evening so I am not sure if I will workout tomorrow. I will go to be much later than usual so I may be too tired. We shall see...

Today I did CTX 10,10,10 warm up and cardio, 30 minutes, 210 calories, heart rate avg. 146/max 184, 2798 steps, followed by CTX Power Circuits cardio, planks, abs, and stretch, 43 minutes, 208 calories, heart rate 126/179 max, 2,506 steps. I finished off with Kelly Coffey's Body Design yoga segment, 13 minutes, 34 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, calories burned 452. Afterward we went to mid afternoon lunch/dinner and took a drive to another city to look around. I haven't ordered the new workouts yet. I will think about it a bit more. Today my calorie burn was higher with the Fit Bit than it came out to be on Map My Fitness. Still under Cathe and even my calories burned calculator which was more in agreement with the workout manager with the higher heart rate I had today.

Jolie, I thought that the Fit Bit kind of figured in the after burn because the heart rate is elevated for awhile after the workout. I would have to read up on it though. I just thought since it tracks all of your stats all of the time and adds calories. I find I get a lot of active minutes during the day even when not working out. I think it uses MET scores or something for estimating activity levels. It is hard being limited on what moves you can do. I don't imagine that a lot of twists and turns would be good. Did your chiropractor make and recommendations on what to avoid?

Roselyn, I bet it is nice getting back into STS after your rest. I want the new dvds but am not sure whether to order or not. I may.

This morning I did a mix of Pyramids and S&S Ramped Up. Worked Chest and Back today and had a great workout!! I read back on the last time I did Pyramids and seen that I left a note that said way too easy. So I upped my weights. This was tough.

This is what I did:

CHEST
From Pyramids:
Chest Flyes:
15's/20's/25's/20's/15's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
Chest Press: 15's/20's/25's/20's/15's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
From Ramped Up:
Incline Chest Flyes:
20's - 12 reps
Drop Set Push-Ups: 12/10/8 reps
Incline Chest Flyes: 20's - 12 reps
PushUps: 4 sets of 2/2 count then 2 singles

BACK
From Pyramids:
Pullovers:
15#/20#/25#/20#/15# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
Double Arm Row: 15's/20's/25's/20's/15's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile. Had a really good workout.

Total workout was 52 minutes, Avg HR was 92, Max was 174 (how the hell did that happen?!), burned 221 calories.

No time for personals, I'll try to come back later. Have great workouts everyone!!

Roselyn - Yes, I will be ordering the new workouts!!!

Last edited:
Debbie, great job on upping the weights. I bet it was even harder with Ramped up. Did you do some from Giant sets? I see you have it down.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.