Hardcore check in for January 2017

Today I did Cardio Slam with Modifications, 50 minutes, 338 calories. I also did the Barre Amped bonus stretch, 7 minutes, 16 calories.

Debbie, the pictures look like it would be easy to change out the watch bands. I was wanting the leather one with the frame for a dressier alternative when I go to church or we go out. I saw a woman at jury duty with the frame in a coppery color with the leather band and I liked the look of it. Nice workout today. I find when my knees or low back hurt it seems to be caused more from tight hip flexors and glutes. Once I work on those it all improves.

No workout for me today, I have to be at work at the butt crack of dawn. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and great workouts!!

Be back on Monday!

Diane Sue - I do need to stretch, I'm sure that will help my knee issues. The rest today should help as well.

Reactions: WD
I thought that I posted yesterday. I only did Ice Low Impact Sweat workout 2, 28 minutes, 207 calories. No workout today. I felt something coming on yesterday and by evening I was coughing and sniffles. I woke up with a terrible sinus headache. It is more croupy today so I am resting. I made a large Cranberry Avocado Salad with a poppy seed dressing from Paleo leap for lunch. It was just right. Not overly sweet. You had an option of to use dome honey or not. I used 2 Tablespoons in the dressing. It is topped with sliced almonds. It called for white balsamic vinegar?? I used white wine vinegar since I only have regular. I have never seen the white balsamic vinegar before. Hopefully this cold and sinus thing clears up fast.

Today I did Shoulders, Abs and Leg Extensions. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 423 calories.

Overhead Press DB-
12# x 15
15# x 12
20# x 8
25# x 6
25# x 6
20# x 8
15# x 12
12# x 15 Fried!:)

Lateral Raise-
10# x 12, x 10, x 8
8# x 10 BOS
5# x 15 BOS

Rear Flies-
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
10# x 12 BOS
8# x 14 BOS

Upright Rows-
15# x 15, x 12, x 11
12# 12 BOS
10# x 16 BOS

Incline Front Raise 2 Arms-
8# x 15, x 13, x 12
5# x 15 BOS

ABS

Leg Extensions-
40#x 25
50# x 15, x 12, x 11

1 Leg, leg ext.
30# x 12, x 12

Then I went to the golf course and hit ball for an hour with my son.

70 degrees and beautiful here today.

Have a wonderful day. Go Patriots!

Reactions: WD
Today I did Cardio Coach 6 w/Candace and did the whole thing. Had a great workout, I really like this one.

Workout was 54 minutes, ran 3.5 miles, burned 382 calories (TM showed 501) and went 7302 steps. Almost to 10K already!!! Woo hoo!!

Diane Sue - I don't get the vinegar things, they all taste the same to me. LOL!! Hope you are feeling better today.

Jolie - Nice workout Saturday!! That looked like a great shoulder workout.

Hope you all have great workouts today too.

Sunday's workout was cardio, a treadmill workout. I walked for 75 minutes uphill, incline 7.0, I traveled 4 miles and I burned 730 calories! This was really tough, the incline was high and I really had to work to finish. I walked a total of 18,000 steps yesterday, which I cant believe because I watch 2 football playoff games too! A lot of sitting around yesterday.

Today I am really busy so I am not sure if I will get a workout in or not. I'm visiting my parents for lunch and have a long drive ahead of me.

Debbie, great cardio workout this morning! The shoulder workout I did rocked! My shoulders haven't been sore in so long, yesterday I could hardly lift my arms to blow dry my hair!!!! I love that feeling!

Have a nice day.

Today I still am not feeling so great. I did SS Giant Sets Lower body mix 34 minutes, 136 calories and SB barre amped power stretch, 24 minutes, 64 calories. 58 minutes total, 200 calories.

Debbie, nice workout and good deal on the steps already. I didn't used to notice the vinegar differences so much till I made certain recipes and would use a different vinegar and it altered the taste. Some are milder than others. Balsamic has a bit stronger and different flavor. I use red wine vinegar in my Whole 30 paleo ranch dressing. I like the flavor best for this.

Jolie, way to go on 18,000 step. I laid on the couch and watched a whole season the the Magicians which got weirder and weirder and creepy ending. It was really not so much magic as it was witchcraft and too much bloody stuff. I felt I needed to clear my head after it was over. I got in a little over 2000 steps.

Today I did Xtrain Burn Sets - Chest & Triceps. Had a great workout. I really like this series, I like it better than S&S. I had a great workout.

CHEST
Dumbbell Press: 25's - 1 set/10 reps
Dumbbell Press: 30's - 1 set/10 reps
Dumbbell Press: 30's - 12 reps (to failure)

Dumbbell Flies: 25's - 2 sets/10 reps
Dumbbell Flies: 25's - 1 sets/12 reps (to failure)

Incline Dumbbell Press: 30's - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 30's - 1 sets/10 reps (to failure)

Push-Ups: 16 reps

TRICEPS
Tricep Pushups:
3 sets on toes (4x sequence, 2x sequence, 2x sequence) LOVE THESE!!!

Lying Triceps Extension: 12's - 2 sets/10 reps
Lying Triceps Extension: 12's - 12 reps (to failure)
Need to go up higher on these

One Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 2 sets/10 reps
One Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 15 reps (to failure)
Need to go up higher on these as well

Skipped the overhead band extensions, don't like those.

Also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Diane Sue - Nice workout for not feeling so good yesterday. I hope you are better today.

Jolie - Wow, 75 minutes on an incline, that is hard to do. Nice job and nice job on all those steps!!!!

Where is Roselyn? She hasn't checked in in 10 days. I hope she's ok.

Today I worked Biceps and did another one of my own workouts. I loved it! I finished with a 37 minute walk on the treadmill, traveling 2 miles, incline 6.5 and my max heart rate was 168. Workout from start to finish was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 675 calories.

Standing DB Bicep Curls
12# x 15
15# x 12
20# x 8
20# x 8
15# x 12
12# x 15

Preacher Curls
15# x 12, x 10, x 8
12# x 17 BOS
10# x 12 BOS

Conc. Curls
20# x 12, x 10, x 8
15# x 18 BOS
12# x 20 BOS

Standing Hammer Curls
10# x 15
12# x 12
15# x 8
15# x 8
15# x 12
10# x 15

BB Crazy 8's
20# x 24

Biceps are fried!:)

Diane Sue, I am sorry you are not feeling well! I hope you are better soon. I am so tired today. I have a rat in my attic that the exterminators are having a hard time trapping and it is keeping my up all night scratching. I am worthless when I do not get a good nights sleep.

Debbie,
awesome workout today! 30# DB on chest press are tough for me. Sometime I hurt my right shoulder so I keep it to 25#'s and I do more reps. Good job!!!

Roselyn, I hope you are do well.

Have a nice day!

Today I did All Out Low Impact Hiit, 39 minutes, 260 calories. I had to make myself go out and get some shopping done and hit the UPS store. I would really rather have just sat at home. I am somewhat better today. Tired though. I woke up at 3 am coughing like crazy so I moved to the couch in the living room so my husband could sleep since he had to be up early.

Roselyn, Good to see you back :D

Jolie, we had a squirrel in our attic in our last home. I would wake up in the middle of the night hearing it scratching around. We had such huge trees and it doesn't take much for them to jump from limbs to the roof. My son in laws parents had to spend a huge amount of money for new wiring because they had squirrels in the attic chew up the wiring.

Debbie, great workout. I have always liked burn sets and the fact that you could do it just as one body part per day if you want to.

Today I had to go into work early again but got a walk on a 3% incline in, worked up a good sweat.

Workout was 42 minutes , went 2.1 miles, burned 217 calories and did 5076 steps .

Hope you all have great workouts!

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Boot Camp no upper mix with some modifications, 36 minutes, 251 calories. I then did S&S PHA lower body mix #2, each exercise done 3 times then move to the next, 27 minutes, 148 calories. Total time was 63 minutes, calories burned 399.

Debbie, nice job considering you had to go in to work early.

Today I had a short workout because I had to paint my boys bathroom. I hate painting but my new years resolution is to repaint my whole house inside! 3,000 square feet! Today I did Triceps and Abs.

Lying Triceps ext.
15# x 12, x 10,x 8
12# x 12 BOS
10# x 13
8# x 15
5# x 20

Cross Body Ext.
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
10# x 20 BOS
8# x 21

1 Arm Kickbacks
10# x 12, x 10, x 8
2 Arm Kickbacks
8# x 15 BOS
5# x 12

ABS- P90X Ab Ripper ( I had to modify a few of these exercise because they hurt my lower back)

Workout was 35 minutes and I burned 241 Calories. Max heart rate was 143.

Debbie and Diane Sue, great workouts! I hope you are feeling better Diane Sue!

Have a wonderful day!

Jolie, 3000 sq foot is a lot of house painting. I would like to paint ours but once you start most of the walls just keep going. Plus the livingroom goes all the way up to the upper level with height and there is the spiral staircase that goes all the way to upper level as it circles. It will be a tough job. I have so far painted one bath and when we remodeled the kitchen we painted it. That is it. Nice workout even if it was short. Painting counts for something.

so, i just got home from the er I sliced my hand open with one of those slicer things, and ended up with 10 stitches and we are hoping the skin reattaches and is viable if not I need to see a plastic surgeon, :( everything numb right now, I am sure tomorrow it will hurt.

Anyway I did do shoulders today and cardio.

Today I did Xtrain Burn Sets - Back & Biceps. Had a great workout. I really like this workout series.

BACK
One Arm Row:
30# 2 sets/10 reps
One Arm Row: 30# 12 reps (to failure)

Double Arm Row: 20's - 2 sets/10 reps
Double Arm Row: 20's - 12 reps (to failure)

Seated Rear Delt Flyes: 15's - 2 sets/10 reps
Seated Rear Delt Flyes: 15's - 12 reps (to failure)

Burn Set: Band Rows - 24 reps

BICEPS
Standing Dumbbell Curl:
15's - 2 sets/10 reps
Standing Dumbbell Curl: 15's - 12 reps (to failure)

Simultaneous Rotational Curl: 20's - 1 sets/10 reps
Simultaneous Rotational Curl: 15's - 1 sets/10 reps
Simultaneous Rotational Curl: 15's - 10 reps (to failure)

Concentration Curls: 20# - 2 sets/10 reps
Concentration Curls: 20# - 10 reps (to failure)

Burn Set: Crazy 8's Hammer Curls - 12's

I also walked on a my treadmill for 1 mile.

Great workouts everyone!!! Hope you have a great workout today. I'm sorry I haven't had time for personals. Been a crazy week.

Jolie - Nice workout girl!!! I hate painting anything, have fun with that!!!

Diane Sue - How is the Bootcamp workout? Is it high intensity? Nice workout!

Roselyn - OMG, I'm so sorry to hear you did that!! Ouch. My brother did the same thing last Saturday, I had to take him to the Urgentcare to get his stitched up. Hope it heals well and be prepared for some pain. :(

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit 2 mix 2 both workouts, 50 minutes, 360 calories. I did not do the plank stuff like kick outs and substituted football runs. I then did Intensity low impact Hiit with the stretch, 18 minutes, 102 calories. Total time was 68 minutes, calories burned 462.

Debbie, nice work on X Train burn sets today. I have only done the lower premix on Boot Camp. Cathe does show some modifiers to take down the jumping on Boot Camp. They are not in a pop up box like they are on Cardio Slam. To me it is not really too intense though. I adjust to modify what I need to modify post surgery. She does have a could of places where you are down in plank position , like plank jacks and a burpee move. I can't do those yet so I just repeat one of the other moves for the cardio portion. I believe there is a mix that skips the cardio segments. It works a cardio, a lower body, and a upper/lower combined, and an upper each round. The lower premix still has the upper and lower combined so I have to modify.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.