Hardcore check in for January 2017

WD

Cathlete
I wanted to do Strong and Sweaty Cycle Sweat today but I started getting some upset stomach thing about 11 last night. I woke at 2:30 vomiting so, with lack of sleep and still a bit nauseated I have decided to hold off till tomorrow.

Today I walked on my treadmill or 3 miles. Been a lazy couple of days so needed to get something done today. I pulled my upper back and it was really hurting Saturday and Sunday, finally almost gone but didn't want to push it today. Tomorrow is back to normal with work and all, sad that the holidays are already over. :(

Walked for 60 minutes, went 3 miles, burned 318 calories and went 7327 steps. HR was 83 average, 108 maxe

Went to see Rogue One today, great movie. Seen Passengers last weekend and that was good too. Watched The Accountant at home last night and that was a REALLY good movie. Ben Affleck is in it.

Diane Sue - I sure hope you don't have the flu. Hope you are feeling better.

Roselyn - Nice job with Bootcamp, I need to watch that one and see if I can do it.

Jolie - Hi to you!!! Hope you are doing well!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

No workout yesterday, too tired from staying up late waiting for my kids to get home after their New Years Eve parties. Stressful!

Today I did Shoulders and just put my own workout together. My right foot is hurting so I am taking a break from walking.

Seated BB Overhead Press
35# x 15, x 12, x 10, x 8
25# x 20 BO S

1 Arm Lat Raise
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
2 Arm Lat Raise
8# x 15 BOS
5# x 20 BOS

Upright Rows DB
15# x 16, x 13, x 11
12# x 15 BOS

Rear Flies
12# x 12, x 11, x 10
10# x 12 BOS
8# x 13 BOS

Leg Extensions
40# x 25
50# x 16, x 13, x 12, x 11
60# x 10 TF

Diane Sue, I hope you feel better soon!

Debbie, Good job on getting the cardio in today! It isn't worth pushing it when something hurts or is bothering you.

Roselyn, I haven't done any of the new workouts yet, I have been previewing them as I walk on the treadmill. They look like tuff stuff!

Have a nice day! Cold here today, a high of 58 degrees! Burr

Back to early morning workouts. Yuck. Today I did Chest and Triceps from Giant Sets and Ramped Up Upper Body. I sort of mixed it up a bit. Not sure I like doing these this way but figured I would this week and see how I feel. Didn't feel that hard.

Chest
Chest Flys on the Ball:
20's - 12 reps
Incline Press on the Ball: 20's - 16 reps
Push Ups: 2/2 ct, 2 singes 4x's, 8 singles
Chest Flys on the Step: 20's - 12 reps
Push-Ups: 12/10/8 drop sets
Chest Press on the Step: 20's - 12 reps
Push-Ups: 2/2 ct, 2 singes 4x's
This was from both workouts

Triceps
Close Grip Bench Press:
20's - 8 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 20's - 12 reps
Dips: 32 reps/16 reps
Lying Extensions: 10's - 3 sets/different patterns
Standing Overhead Extension: 12's - 10 reps
Band Kickbacks: skipped
This was from Ramped Up only

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Going back to work today. :( Loved being off, it went so fast.

Jolie - Nice workout!!!

Diane Sue - How are you feeling today?

Today I did 25 minute on the Tread Climber at slower pace, 158 calories. I also did the warm up from SS Bootcamp since I was previewing the disc. Previewing a second time since I already previewed the downloads. I am previewing starting with the ones that will take a bit longer to actually use. I did not have my Fit Bit on for this. I finished off with Lower Body Leg Blast using 3# ankle weights for the single leg stuff, 17 minutes, 59 calories. Not a big workout. I still m feeling a bit weak this morning.

Debbie, I am feeling better, but still a bit of the nausea here and there. I hope I don't get the flu. I had the shot, but that doesn't always work. No fever or anything. Just extreme nausea and headache. The headache is gone today. I think that I have seen the accountant. I need to go look.

Jolie, waiting for the teenagers to come home can be nerve racking. It always feels good when they are home and safe. We watched the USC game last night and then the OSU game. My husband is more into college football than national leagues.

Today I did Chest, my own workout, then I walked on the treadmill for 36 minutes, 6.5 incline, 2 miles and I burned a total of 625 calories. I walked a little faster and that really helped with my calorie burn.

Warm up DB Press
15# x 15, x 12

Chest Press DB
25# x 15, x 12, x 11
20# x 15 BOS
15# x 16 BOS

Chest Flies
20# x 14, x 11, x 10
15# x 12 BOS
12# x 15 BOS

Incline Chest Press DB
25# x 13, x 12, x 8
20# x 10 BOS
15# x 12 BOS

My chest is fried! I burned 248 calories with the weight work.

Diane Sue, How do you like the Tread Climber? I saw that on TV and always wonder about it. Good job getting in your workout! I know what you mean about feeling weak after surgery. Your body uses all of its energy trying to repair so when you workout it is hard. It will come back slowly but surely.

Debbie, nice weight work! I'm sorry about you having to workout so early again. I actually like to workout early, the longer the wait in the morning the more I don't want to do it!

Roselyn, I hope your workouts are going great!

Have a nice day.

Debbie, Great workout!

Jolie, I really like the Tread Climber. It is much more difficult than you would think since you are walking. I have the one with the most functions and the highest mph. It goes to 4.5 miles per hour. Seriously this is hard. I pretty much have to hold on with at least one hand to go that fast. You have your feet on the two treadles that move as you step and move up and down. It also is at an incline. There are adjustments to make the tension harder. I had it almost to the max when it made my knee hurt so I backed off a lot on it. You don't get the miles you do with running but you definitely get the heart rate up and the steps. I got my HR up to 160 at one point this morning and I was only going 2.5 miles per hour, I started out at only 1.5 mph I am not supposed to hold onto or grip anything that makes me tense my arms so I am keeping it lower. Maybe that was because I wasn't feeling so wonderful. But is it is a great workout. I sold my Nautilus Treadmill to my daughter after I got the Tread Climber. I didn't feel like I needed both and one of the reasons I got the Tread Climber was because I was rehabilitating my knee after surgery.

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had a great workout. Still hard to do running workouts so early, but I did well with this today.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 299 calories (TM said 365), ran 2.76 miles and went 5626 steps.

Also did the ab work from SJ&P. Love that one. Didn't do the planks, though, because my upper back is still a bit tender.

Diane Sue - Glad the headache is gone, hope your stomach is better today. I hate being nauseated.

Jolie - Nice workout! Do you workout at 5:30 a.m.? I don't mind getting up early, I'm a early bird, but working out at 5:30 is hard. My body and muscles are tight and all that. I've done it for years, though, so no biggie.

Roselyn - Are you doing one of the rotations? Nice job yesterday, how did you like Ramped Up?

. Today I did Piyo Strength Strong Legs with the gliding discs and skipping the plank moves, 24 minutes, 80 calories. I then did Strong and Sweaty Cycle Sweat timesaver 1, 36 minutes, 248 calories. Total time was 60 minutes, and calories 333. I felt like part of my day was wasted running errands that I could have done closer to my house. I went to the bank to activate my new card and apparently I do not know my pin number. I never use the atm. Only to activate the cards. So, I had to come back home and call them. I had a bad experience with some old guy talking about his wife and seeming nice that turned ugly. Gross!! I hate Walmart! It got me out of the candy isle fast.

Deb, best to forgo the planks if it will bother. I am feeling good today :)

I am doing the S&S rotation in the user guide,
I loved ramped up upper body, Debbie, today was cardio slam, another good one and tomorrow on tap is PHAT will let you all know!! I will try and post weights tomorrow

Roselyn, everyone seems to love Ramped upper. I am looking forward to when I can do it.

Today I did Back & Biceps from Giant Sets and Ramped Up Upper Body. I mixed it up a bit again. Had a pretty good workout, love the bicep work in that is in both of these workouts and I'm SO GLAD Cathe didn't do any concentration curls!!!

Back
One Arm Row:
30# - 16 reps
One Arm Back Fly: 10 - 10 reps
(Did this twice through, both sides)
Pullovers: 30# - 2 sets/10 reps
Rear Delt Flys: 10's - 2 sets/10 reps rest and then did it again
T-Band Pulls: Skipped
This was from Ramped Up

Biceps
Hammer Curls:
15's - 12 reps
Sweeping Curls: 15's - 12 reps
Isolation Curls: 12's - 4 reps of very slow pattern
Standing Bicep Curls: 15's - 12 reps
Band Crazy Eights: 2 times through
Seated W-Curls on Ball: 15's- 12 reps
Incline Hammer Curls on Ball: 15's- 12 reps
This was from Ramped Up and Giant Sets

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1.25 mile.

Diane Sue - Gross on that guy at Wal Mart. I hate Wal Mart too and only go there when I can't find something I need elsewhere. Also, thanks for posting that link, I will get one. I don't like popping the face off the watch too, it seems like it will wear out fast if you keep doing that.

Running very late, hope you all have great workouts today!!!

Today I wanted to check out Cardio Slam with the modifiers. I mainly wanted to see if it has pauses when it switched screens after the modifers and it does have a jump. Anyway, I did the workout with extra modification, no overhead arm stuff or to the floor stuff. I just repeated other segments that were doable or did something like the speed skater move. I was surprised how many calories I burned considering I modified so much. I bet the whole workout without modifications is an excellent calorie burner. This was 50 minutes, 332 calories, heart rate 126 avg/152 max. I then did Barre Amped Power Stretch, again doing modifications for bending over moves and overhead arm stretches. 24 minutes, 53 calories. Total time was 74 minutes and calories burned 385.

Debbie, I too, was worried about the wear on the watch snapping it in and out of the frame all of the time. I like the idea of being able to change out the whole frame and watch band that easily if I choose but not for charging. I just have the purple band I purchased it with though. They do have knock offs that are not bad priced. 99 dollars is an awful lot that Fit Bit wants. I like the look of their newer bands that go a little narrower. I kind of would like a leather one or something that would look a little dressier for going out than the one that I have. That was some workout that you did today.

Yesterday I went to the Chiropractor to get my back and neck fixed so I did not workout. Today I only walked on the treadmill because I am not supposed to lift weights for a couple of days. I walked 50 minutes, 2.75 miles, 7.0 incline, 3.3 pace and burned 449 calories.

Debbie, great Cardio Coach workout and you Back/Biceps workout! Currently my boys are still on vacation till next week so I workout at 8am. Once they go back to school I typically workout at 7 am. In the past I had to be to work by 7am so I did have to workout by 5am. I know what you mean about being stiff and not really going so early in the morning. It does make your day so much better though!

Diane Sue, great lower body workout. Your legs are going to be awesome from all this lower body workouts. That is my problem area and I avoid it because there is a dread factor for me doing legs, I guess because I am out of shape compared to my upper body.

Roselyn, great job on getting these new workouts into your rotation. I have previewed most of them but have only done Giant Sets. I am working one body part per day right now and trying to get on the treadmill each day as well.

I have to get something off my chest. I am closing my insurance business right now. I am sad but almost relieved. I cannot come up with enough customers to make it worth my time and effort. I am so sick of working for free some days and then dishing out a lot of money to fund the business. It is something I want to do but now just isn't the right time. I am going to get a full time or or even part time job doing something that pays me every time I go to work. I had to say it out loud and put it on paper because this is very hard for me accept.

I hope you all have a nice day.

Jolie, I am sorry that the business is not working out for you right now. I have thought about you and what you were doing since I have Medicare coming up this summer to make decisions on. Insurance is so costly and as we get older we cannot afford to not have decent insurance. My daughter in law works for an Insurance Company. I am not sure what type of work she is doing exactly. She left the doctor's office to do it for higher pay. She told me AARP has some better plans. My daughter that is a Doctor says not to take the Medicare Advantage plan because it is like the HMO I just got rid of this year. So, I need to do some research. It is too bad that you couldn't get enough work to keep it going. I could see it being something needed. I guess advertising is not so easy . I hope that you find something that you can enjoy and that pays well.
I think my legs are in better shape just from what I have been doing. Since I cannot bend over to pick things up and do things I am using my legs a lot to squat and get up. At first I couldn't figure out why my legs were sore. They get sore on the spin bike since I am lifting up and down off the seat without any assistance from my hands and arms. I hope that your neck and back feel better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.