**H*A*T*E** 8/31

Miss Lee

Cathlete
[font color=orangered size=+3 face="cursive"]Happy Labor Day Weekend!![/font]

Let me start by saying that I made DH take the (few) remaining cookies and brownies right back to work with him this morning (see my post from last night) -- that old dog!! I could not stop eating them last night. Every time I turned around I was breaking off a piece from a brownie or a cookie. I could not even believe he brought that whole tray home with him last night -- that...that saboteur!! x(

Of course, I just love brownies and hadn't had one in AGES:9 :p

What plans do y'all have for the weekend?

We're just planning to hang out. There's a chance DH won't make it home tonight. He has a really sick patient and he asks for prayers. I have no particular plans for my day other than to do a CC workout and finish a book I've been reading for eons -- Robin, you know the one -- lol! I'm almost done with it. My brother's birthday is tomorrow and we're going to see him at some point over the weekend. That's about it.

I was doing so well with diet and exercise at the beginning of summer and I've been in a downward spiral on both counts ever since we went to that MMGHHx( . It started with all the fried foods and desserts. I mean, that stuff is more addicting than heroin, IMHO x(. It's time to slay this dragon once and for all. Who's with me!? I'm starting today by going through my fridge and pantry and tossing everything that doesn't pass the clean test....okay, well maybe not EVERYTHING, but almost everything :p

Edited to say Happy "Labor" day, NOT Memorial day -- lol!

Hi Michele!

You spelled Labour wrong ;)

Your weekend sounds nice and quiet. I'm sending lots of positive energy for your DH's patient.

I have the Poodle coming on Sunday. Please send me some patience vibes.

Robin - yes, I think we're still doing workouts. I ran 6 miles last night and PR'd at 56:44. I was so thrilled!

No Shelley, YOU spelled Labor wrong. LOL. I'm so impressed with your running. I keep thinking I'd like to do more of that, but it's either raining or too hot. Or too cold. Or too sunny. Or too dark. I can always come with an excuse to step instead of run. Much patience being sent for the Poodle visit.

Michele, I'm planning on a picnic tomorrow. I'm going to make brownies for dessert, since I have no trouble avoiding them. Now chocolate chip cookies or a cake would be a different story. I'll be sure to pray for your DH's patient.

I'm hoping to do a step workout this afternoon. Tristan will be home and we are planning on going to a ball game this evening, so it may be tight timewise. We'll see.

Later haters.

Hey ho!

I hate being out and away from my squirrels. http://bestsmileys.com/love2/21.gif

Tonight Mooch and Cham were being extremely frisky on my return home, going places they'd never been going before -- at least not in my presence. I'd be doing something, and then suddenly it would get quiet, and then I could hear strange rustling, so I'd go and check, and somebody'd be way up high on the ledge of something LOL.

I can officially say there is absolutely no place they can't get to now.

http://bestsmileys.com/panic/2.gif

MICHELE - Man, I haven't had a good brownie in ages. And it's not like I've been avoiding them...they've been avoiding me. I remember when I would make brownies fresh in the oven..back in the day when I had an oven LMAO.

>Who's with me!? I'm starting today by going through my fridge and pantry and tossing everything that doesn't pass the clean test....

LOL! I haven't been eating super clean, but would you believe I think the worst thing in my apartment right now is Bran Flakes. I'd like to say the worst thing is brownies. I really, really would.

I'm sending good vibes to your DH's patient.

>FRIDAY NIGHT PIZZA NIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

LMAO.

SHELLEY - Poodle...Poodle........that's someone's mother, isn't it?

>I ran 6 miles last night and PR'd at 56:44. I was so thrilled!

http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/4.gif

COOL! Congrats to you!!

ROBIN - Wait, I'm sorry, I can't seem to understand part of your post.

>I'm going to make brownies for dessert, since I have no trouble avoiding them

What exactly do you mean?! Is this some kind of strange code?

There was a long period of time when I'd want to eat brownies but didn't have an oven, so I'd buy brownie mix and put a tiny bit of water in it, and then I'd eat liquid brownies. :9

Liquid brownies sounds like chocolate sauce. I like chocolate sauce. I think it's the texture of brownies that doesn't thrill me. I like a softer texture like cake or a harder texture like cookies. Or a smoother texture, like chocolate. But brownies - nah, can take them or leave them.

Yes, August. The Poodle is Shelley's SO's mom (or is it stepmom?) She is wild about Shelley (true) and shows it by buying her marvelous gifts (not so true.)

I like brownies. Yes I do.

Yes, Robin is correct, the Poodle is my SO's stepmother. Apparently she loves me but has a strange way of showing it. The first time we had them over for dinner (Christmas Eve) she showed up 4 hours late. And she does buy me the most beautiful gifts *gag*

AUGUST!! -

>Tonight Mooch and Cham were being extremely frisky on my
>return home, going places they'd never been going before...
>...so I'd go and check, and somebody'd be way up high
>on the ledge of something LOL.
>
>I can officially say there is absolutely no place they can't
>get to now.

ROTFLMAO!!! Oh yeah, Johnny likes to go high. I often find him on top of my refrigerator sitting next to my salt glazed pottery jugs -- he looks like part of the grouping -- LMAO!

>I'm sending good vibes to your DH's patient.

Thanks to all of you for that. I'll be sure to tell him because I know it will ease his mind.

>>FRIDAY NIGHT PIZZA NIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER
>NOTICE
>
>LMAO.

Okay -- I've mad a slight change to the above edict. I will allow WW pita pizza with roasted veggie topping:D :9

>...so I'd buy brownie mix and put a tiny bit of water in it, and then >I'd eat liquid brownies. :9

OMG that sounds so YUMMY!!!!:9

ROBIN -

>Liquid brownies sounds like chocolate sauce.

The trick about liquid brownies is to put in just the right amount of water. It's actually quite a small amount. Just right for me would be so that the consistency is like slightly warm Play Dough.

When you eat the brownie mix like this, there are tiny magical crystals of fudge sugar in a delightful comforting goop that covers all the walls of your mouth. It's really quite ecstatic.

SHELLEY - Four hours late. Wow. That's kind of....late. I guess better than now showing. Or is it. And gifts. Better than no gifts. ?

MICHELE -

>Johnny likes to go high. I often find him on top of my refrigerator sitting next to my salt glazed pottery jugs -- he looks like part of the grouping

LMAO! It sounds like ET sitting amongst all those stuffed animals! Cute!

Mooch just finished a spaz-out session where he got under the sofa upside-down and dragged himself all over the place at high speed by grabbing hold of the lining from the bottom of the sofa. I tried to film it but it was too dark. It was a riot.

I would have preferred her not to show ;-) No no... trust me when I say that no gifts would be infinitely better than gifts. Last year I got a fake wreath covered in pink glittery poinsettias, bunches of plastic grapes and a big white fluffy angel. It scared the dogs.

For some strange reason I am craving brownies now... not sure what that's about! ;-) I LOVE brownies too but since it's just me & the cats I do what August does and just don't bring them into the house. Well, that's a lie too I guess- the only brownie mix I keep is the No Pudge brownies, have you guys ever tried them? Robin you'd like them too if you do the single serve like I do... instead of baking the whole batch, you take 2 tbsp of the mix and then mix in yogurt and microwave for about 1 min, they are SOO good! I actually will use a tiny bit of fat free sour cream and then less yogurt and it makes it a little thicker and then eat with a spoon! They are so good & FAT FREE!!!!

I am off work today, YIPPEE! I have decided that it is ME day and I am going to do NOTHING but watch TV, play on-line, shop on-line, nap, etc... I was up at 7 though and I've got Drill Max & upper body work of BM2 out of the way... so heading to the shower shortly then going to "make" lunch... I think I'll do Kashi cereal, yum!

Michele- You said that the Kashi doesn't fill you up? I think you are getting a different type - is yours the crunch one? That has a lot less fiber & protein, I get the regular GoLean, which is 10fiber & 13 protein per cup... check your box & report back! :)

Okay, I'll BB in a bit!

>No no... trust me when I say that no gifts would be infinitely better than gifts. Last year I got a fake wreath covered in pink glittery poinsettias, bunches of plastic grapes and a big white fluffy angel. It scared the dogs.

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

AUGUST - OMG - you should do a TV commercial for Betty Crocker Brownie Mix or something -- LMAO!!

JEN!! - I missed you yesterday! Yes, I have the GoLean Crunch but I don't have the box (I put my cereal in airtight containers) so I can't look up the nutritional information. It might be listed online, though. It has a lot of fiber and soy protein but it still doesn't fill me up. I've wondered if it really doesn't have as much as they claim. Shredded Wheat and Bran fills me up, though.

What're you shopping for?:D

That is just too funny! I have got to send that link to a few of my friends and my mom & a few of her friends!!! I was cracking up, thanks for sharing Michele!!! I'm going to check out her blogspot the next time I'm in need of another laugh, I'll bookmark it for then!!

Oh, and you asked what I'm shopping for- anything really!!! }( I'm in the mood to shop- not at an actual store with annoying people, but shop from right here with my butt parked in this chair- at least I only have 2 whiney cats to deal with!! ;-)

Actually I think I am going to buy P90X... I don't want to do a rotation of it but I have been wanting KempoX and then I've read that the leg workout from the leg/back dvd is really good, and I would also use the bicep one quite often- for some reason my biceps are my favorite to work besides legs/butt and that is only b/c they are my problem area so it's more necessity than anything. So, that being said- if I'm going to purchase 3 I may as well buy the whole thing that way if I ever want to sell it I can... how much is it anyway? Beachbody is my next stop! BB!

Hey Jen!

I've toyed with the idea of getting P90X but who would I be kidding anyway -- LMAO!! I mean, I have at least a dozen workouts that are still in their wrappers:eek:.

Let me know what you think of BB's customer service. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews, and how BB has been known to charge your credit card multiple times, so BUYER BEWARE and report back, K?

I'm getting ready to do my workout now, and then I'm going to settle in with my book -- the one I've been reading for weeks :eek: . I'm getting close to the end and I want to finish it so I can start another one:)

SHELLEY -

>Last year I got a fake wreath covered in pink glittery poinsettias, bunches of plastic grapes and a big white fluffy angel. It scared the dogs.

LMAO!!!!!

JEN -

>Instead of baking the whole batch, you take 2 tbsp of the mix and then mix in yogurt and microwave for about 1 min

OMG. OMG.

MICHELE -

>you should do a TV commercial for Betty Crocker Brownie Mix or something

If it means that I might be able to lick a bowl, I'd be very happy to!

What funny link? What funny link?

Wait. It's past 3am now. I have to go to sleep. I've just spent the last few hours researching new premium cat foods LMAO.

Good night!

Haha, that was funny!

Yeah. I know. It's 4:15am and I'm going to attempt to sleep again now.

:* G'night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.