Growing Belly Check-in Week of Sept 20th

Christine- I am hoping and praying that your life will be uneventful after your little guy is born. It HAS to be, seeing all that you have had to endure that last few months. You are a strong woman. Hang in there!

Priscila- Well, I need to make sure someone else is eating the same stuff I am. If we lived closer, I would be calling you to go eat ice cream with me. :) I am 99% sure we have chosen a pediatrician. We are going to a Meet the Pediatrician meeting on Oct 15th but two of my girlfriends go to the one we have chosen and like it. I just want to go myself before making a decision 100%. It's close to our house and they have emergency weekend hours and a walk in time from 8-9am M-F which should prove to be helpful.

Susan- Glad you slept good. I did too, it just wasn't long enough.

Hi to the other preggos! Hope you are doing well!

Mama's where are you??

Another OK nights sleep. I needed it! Haley has a game at 9, so we're getting up and at em early this Saturday.

Melanie-I hope you have gotten a good rest and your plalelets are under control. You'll have to explain "shortened cervix" to me though!!!

Mel2-hope you are doing ok.

Christine-hope you are feeling better!!

Waves to everyone!

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday. BBL to see if anyone else is around!

Hey Susan! I slept like I took a sleeping pill! Don't know where that came from....But it felt nice! I must have needed it. Have fun at Haley's game! Hope they win!

We have my maternity pics today with my mom's friend at the house. I feel bad because I am not looking forward to it. I don't know why....maybe cause I just want to relax today and not stand around and pose. Hopefully it won't take too long and I'm sure I will look back and enjoy the pictures.

Hey to everyone else! BBL!

Hi All,
Sounds like you are all doing well. Where is Dawn? Would her absense mean baby is here? Susan, you are coming up too! Jen, I remember getting real tired at the end. Enjoy all the sleep while you can! Melanie- I am thinking healthy thoughts for you and am glad that you are in good hands. Priscilla- what kind of back belt did you get? Mel2- hope things have turned out alright for you. Raciela- How have you been? Wendy?
I am really tired. Swine flu is confirmed in out community. I am fighting it, only getting a few symptoms. My son is still really grouchy and sick. Part of me thinks that I have beat this because I keep exercising. I have been much healthier than with my first pregnancy. Who knows. My husband is home, so that is a relief. I am not a very relaxing person, but today I am handing off Jimmy and sitting in the family room to catch up on shows. Both of the houses are closing escrow at the end of the month. I am trying to give away all the furniture that we will not be able to use up there. So, there will be many people around this weekend. The house we are moving into is half the size. We leave for Chicago next Thursday for my sister's wedding. Long flight. I am feeling glad that all the uncertainty is gone from our future, but it has caught up to me. I am pooped! I cannot sleep at night, though!!!! GRRR!
Off to change, we are going on a family run this morning and out to breakfast!
:)
C

Hospital Bedrest

Hi ladies, if you hadn't heard....I'm in the hospital. I'm so glad I went to another doctor.....and I'm a bit irriated that some of my issues could have been prevented with proper care.

The girls are doing great, no contractions since I've been here, and heartrates are regular and strong. :D

My platelets dropped really low to 40K (normal is over 150K), so ob/gyn is working with hematologist to get them higher than 100K. Yesterday they rasied to about 65K, but they dropped to 55K today. They are giving steroids to boost them... if they don't stabilize, or drop more I will be transported to University of Minnesota (7 hrs from my home).

I've been given two shots of bethamethasone in case the girls decide to come early. My cervix has shortened to 2.3 cm.....which is one of the reasons for the bedrest. My doctor measured my uterous @ 37 weeks and my cervix thinks that means I should be in labor......thus the cramping I've had all week at work has been contractions. :( I will be on bedrest for remaining of pregnancy (hopefully not in hospital entire time)!!!

I am looking at ordering a laptop so I can keep myself busy online while in the hospital and on bedrest. The intranet at the hospital here won't let me on facebook and my doctor only granted me 1-hr per day in guest's lobby computer ...he doesn't even want me at 90 degrees on desktop.

The work has confirmed that I get paid short term disability until delivery, then 8 weeks paid off for c/s delivery. :D

Gee..... I think that is it. I haven't read many personals b/c I"m timed here!!! LOL

I did quickly read Mel (2)'s comment. When I first had my u/s @ 5weeks they couldn't find anything......sent me home with m/c pamplets. At 7 weeks twins were found on u/s. It might have been too soon to read it. I will keep you in my prayers. What are your HCG levels?

Alrighty, until next time......waves to all!!!!

Thank god you went to another dr Melanie! I would hate to think what might have happened if you continued working the way you were! I am so glad that you and the girls are getting the proper treatment now. Now that momma is resting, they are going the rest of the way, growing big and strong!

Christine- I'm glad your DH is home with you. Must be a nice relief and comfort for you. I'm glad things are coming together for you guys. (I will get the DVDs out this week)

Well, maternity shoot is over and I'm pooped but it was fun! DH was a good sport and even had a few great ideas too. The guy is going to put the pics on CD for us and we can do what we want with them so I will post a few when I get them. Now I'm just resting while DH builds a little cube/table things for James's room to put next to the rocking chair. Waves to all!

Hi!
Melanie-good to hear from you. LIke others said...Im sooo glad you changed dr's!!!!! And so happy you don't have to work..yayyyyyyy. Keep us posted!

Jen-glad the shoot went well and your dh even enjoyed it! Can't wait to see your pictures.

Christine-glad you dh is home this weekend. Keep fighting that swine flu off!!!! Hope Jimmy is on the mend.

Well, the Jets suck, but the cheerleaders Rule!!! All our players are new and in the 3rd grade while most of the other teams are 4th grade. They give it their all though! I have become obsessed with Goobers...I'll be glad when they are gone! Ijust keep eating them! I did recieve all my new workouts..so I am armed for business soon! Only one I don't have yet is Jari's new one. Im trying to eat a lot of fiber these days too.....I want to be as "cleaned out" as possible before labor!...don't think Goobers are good for that though!
I betcha Dawn will have good news for us soon!!

Waves to everyone

Christine~ enjoy time with DH. Do you have a closing date on your house?

Jen~ I can't wait to see the pics!

Susan~ sounds like you're all ready for the big event

Mel (2)~ any new news?

Dawn~ where is Dawn?

My platelets came back today @ 2K under what they were yesterday. :( Which is about the same...but with the 10K deficeit yesterday, I'm not sure what the doctor is going to recommend? I don't know if my body is stabilizing on the steriods? I'd like to see them shoot up. :(

So far the bedrest hasn't been driving me nuts. I have magazines, and television. I don't normally watch t.v. so there's no re-runs! And I've been resting ALOT. I think I was pretty worn down. DH brought kids up to visit yesterday....but with a 5 hour drive I don't expect him to come everyday. Every other day would be nice though. ;)

Susan, the shortening of the cervix/funneling....this is newer terminology for me too. I don't really understand it all....and haven't had much time to research it from my bed. It's more of an issue with twins.....and the cervix shortening has to do with the weight on my cervix from my "at term uterous".

Waves to all!

Hey Melanie! Sorry your platlets are still low...grrrrrr!!! Surely the dr will figure something out for you! Do you know how long you'll be in the hospital?? Hang in there! Rest Rest Rest! Thanks for explaining the cervix problem.

I think Dawn is with her baby girl!

Another good nights sleep! I have a routine now. I usually get in bed about 10...pee at or before midnight...then at 1 or 2...when I get up at 1 or 2 I prop up on pillows kinda upright because my hip has started to ache by then. Then I sleep til about 4 then lie back on my side til 5 or 6. I was actually in bed 8 hours last night!
Im getting my house clean today and making some soup. Nothing too exciting.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

I'll be in the hospital until my platelets stabilize AND there's proof that my cervix isn't continuing to shrink (or show tunneling).

At this point I'm thinking at least until Tues/Wednesday. :(

Hi just a quick mini update...My OB/GYN called my husband on Friday night ( I was out of town), so he said, my HCG levels looked good so far and he was "optimistic". So, some good news. However, we still have to see how the tests turn out this week. Thanks for the prayers and support. Be back later w/personals, I haven't had time to see what's been going on, going to take a nap now.
Melanie

Oh, I just read updates on Melanie --- I am so thankful that you went to the other doctor!!! Sorry for the bedrest and platelet problems. You have been on a rollercoaster girl.. The most important thing is that the girls are OK. I hope things improve so you can at least be at home on bedrest!!

Dawn -- I hope you and maybe baby are well???

I hope all the other preggo's out there had a good weekend. Ok now off for a nap!

Mel2

Holy cow! There is so much activity with the group this week.

Mel2, continuing to send sticky vibes to you and the baby.

Melanie, see that? We all knew, as did you, that work was NOT a good idea anymore. I'm glad you listened to your body and advocated for yourself by going to another doctor. Hopefully your "team" will figure out what's going on with you quickly, but the good news is you're being taken care of now. Enjoy the rest. Bed rest at the hospital is very different than bed rest at home with 3 boys and a stay-at-home husband!!

Christine, what does your OB say about your increased risk of contracting swine flu due to Jimmy having it now? I hope you're starting to feel better physically. You've really been through the ringer these past few months.

Dawn, is Baby Girl here yet?

Susan, how are you feeling? Do you have another appt tomorrow?

Hello to everyone else!!!

Life here has been a bit hectic this week. Having a baby with a 3 year old in the house is very different from having just a baby!

New Baby!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I have some news. :)

Morgan Lorraine Bailey was born at 10:48 pm on Friday, September 25. She weighed 7 lbs, 14 ounces, and was 20 inches long. Everyone is fine and adjusting to life with the new baby. A few photos are attached.

She arrived at exactly 39 weeks. We just got home from the hospital yesterday, and it's amazing how scattered brained I am (I made a pot of coffee this morning, but forgot to actually add the coffee)!

My water broke at home in a light trickle that did not stop. I had no contractions when I got to the hospital, but once they confirmed that I was leaking amniotic fluid, the doctor said let's have a baby today! They started me on pitocin to start the contractions, and things progressed pretty fast. I did have an epidural (and was very pleased with it!). For the majority of the 7-hour labor, I was in no pain and the baby was pushed out pretty easily (well, that's due to the epidural).

More updates soon. I hope everyone is doing well! Once I get myself together, I'll send more personals and look forward to reading about more babies!

Have a great day,
Dawn

Attachments

• Baby photo 1.jpg
    Baby photo 1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 15
  • morgan1.jpg
    morgan1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 16

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.