Growing Belly Check-in Week of Sept 20th

Just wanted to pop in and say CONGRATULATIONS to Mel2! I saw your name on the last post and was hoping you were pregnant. How exciting and good luck!:D

Bethany! I was hoping you were going to join us........when I saw your name over here. Hang in there, your time is coming, Sweetie!

Mel (2) Spring is the perfect time to deliver! My eldest was born in April....and it was really nice,...you're never really hot & uncomfortable... I can relate to your twinge/aches and worries over m/c. *sigh* Like you said, you're not going to be able to breathe a sign of relief until you have your u/s. One note though, I did bleed during my first trimester. Quite a bit too. I had to wear a pantiliner daily (it was brown, and scanty).

Allison, the fb link didn't work for me either. I'd love to be your fb friend though! Here's my name: Melanie Gapen Monnie if you'd like to befriend me. Hemmrhoids? They're kind of my specialty. LOL I would get some hemmrhoid anestetic from either your doctor or pharmacy and keep them moist with the ointment. When you put a new pad on, cover your pad with Witch Hazel Pads...it will offer a cooling effect. You can also use hydrocortisone ointment... either 1% over the counter (or ask your dr to write for 2.5%) this will help with swelling. Lastly, prevent constipation at all costs. Use docusate daily, if needed, so you won't have any straining. I'm sorry the nursing isn't working out. Maybe your milk will come in today?

Susan, laying low with workouts?

Jen, sorry you're not getting full night's sleep. :(

I'm sore & fatigued today. I plan to do laundry (I'm behind on this) & clean the bathrooms. That's as physical as I'm getting today. I have a long 3 days ahead of me.

I'm excited about my new doctor's appt on Thursday (Mel, it's acutally 20 minutes farther than last one). I"m not making any decisions at this point.... but I'm leaning towards alternating my care b/w this new ob/gyn (2.5hrs away) and the ob/gyn that delivered my last two babies (5 hrs away). The Level 3 NICU is 5 hrs away and I'm thinking that I need to prepare to have the best possible care for the girls if they need it. Otherwise, they'd deliver the girls, fly them to Level 3 hospital.......and I wouldn't see them until I'm discharged. That would break my heart!!!

Okay, enough babbling. I best get somewhat productive for the day. :)

Mel(2), I'm with Melanie -- spring is a wonderful time to have a baby!! DD was born in April, so we were able to go for lots of walks before the heat of summer kicked in. She started crawling in the fall, when she was wearing long pants or tights, so her little knees had some extra padding too :)

Susan, sending you "progress vibes" for today! I know you're anxious to meet Kara :)

Jen, sorry you didn't sleep well. Do you guys have a recliner? Some of my friends found it easier to sleep in a recliner than in a bed.

Melanie, thanks for the roid advice. (What a strange thing to thank someone for LOL!) I couldn't imagine having to drive 2.5 hours for an OB appointment, let alone 5! Are you planning to have delivery scheduled, so you can be with your OB for delivery? I would imagine it would be a big gamble to go into labor and try to get to his/her hospital in time.

Sorry the link didn't work. My name on Facebook is Allison Muccilli Cofone. :)

Allison, just added you on facebook. Your family is beautiful!!!!

I will have a repeat c/s......just have to "make it" to the scheduled date (which hasn't been given yet). I'm hoping that my platelets will cooperate,...I haven't seen a hematologist yet (Oct 6th). Basically, a c/s will be scheduled b/w 35-37 weeks depending on my platelets, babies lung maturation and whatever else may come up b/w now & then. LOL

Melanie and Allison -- My family said the same thing about the time of year I will deliver. I live in the south (NC) so I am sure that missing the heat will be a blessing.

Melanie -- thanks for the encouragement

Bethany --if you are still ocassionally reading...thank you so much for the kind words!! I hope, maybe one day soon, that you can join me/us here.

Hey ladies! I'll tell ya what, we are planning the second child during Florida's "winter", whatever that is. This heat is just too much for me. I am doubly wiped by the end of the day not to mention just the overall feeling of "not so fresh."

Allison- I am starting to consider the recliner at night now. I woke up around 5am and just stayed in bed until the alarm went off at 615 am.

Well DH and I just got back from pre-registering at the hospital. I'm glad that is done so I don't have to worry about insurance paperwork while having contractions. It was fun to see the new mommies leaving with their brand new babies. We both are getting more excited!

Back from dr. I am still 2-3 and all is well. We will induce at 39 weeks if it doesnt happen before. I am 37 weeks....whew!

Jen-glad you got pre-reg...Im glad to have that out of the way too! My friend who is a week behind me sleeps in the recliner every night and swears by it!

Got a few errands done, now Im gonna read some. Haley is riding home with a friend and going to gymnastics so I have a little extra time today.

Dawn? You having your baby?

Susan, 37 weeks eh? That's soooooooo close. :D

Jadon & I cleaned the bathrooms today. That was our big feat. LOL Then we took a nap together. He was such a big helper, reaching things off the floor for me & he even vaccuumed the steps for me. :) I have 3 loads of laundry to fold & a couple more loads to run through. I'm doubtful that I'll be able to finish them though. I'm thinking cereal for dinner tonight?

So, I am officially low on energy. Where is all the energy I had a month or two ago? I am thinking that it is in my abdomen and kicking with reckless abandon. This boy thinks that Halloween candy is the best thing ever. I am obsessed with Sugar Babies. I think my teeth will fall out my March if I keep this candy up.
I had a dr appointment last week. It was okay, not great. I lost weight, not gained, last month. No intention, just a lot of stress with my hubby gone during the week and trying to travel through airports to go see him with a three year old, etc. He is coming home this weekend, which is a relief. I fly to CHicago solo with my son the following week for a wedding. That is a long flight for a big tummy and small bladder, make that two small bladders.
Our house here is in excrow, which is good. We had the inspection this mornign. Go figure that my son had PROJECTILE vomit all day yesterday, so I had to get out the steam cleaner and do the whole upstairs. It was like he was a machien. There was barf everywhere. We actually ran out of sheets and towels he threw up so much. At one point we sat in the bathroom with a DVD player while we waited to puke. Swine flu is apparently going through his preschool. Awesome. He has had a fever of almost 103 for a few days. I am trying to keep it down with motrin. I am mostly nervous about getting it myself. We may not be back in prechool any time soon. Hopefully today he is on teh mend. He asked to eat toast today, so that is good.
We are hoping that we can move into the house up north after ecrow down here closes. The house that we found is a short sale, so it is close to foreclosure (great deal, wow!). So we may be in temoprary housing for a while> I cannot believe how crazy this is! I am not goign to be allowed to fly when we move, so we will drive up there.
Melanie - You are on the homestretch! I do not know how you are drivign and workign adn being a mom and all! Kudos to you. Clearly, I would need Mountain Dew too if I did all that!
Mel (2)- I delivered my son in the spring (March). WHat a great time of the year to be preggo. This summer has made me think we should have considered the weather before getting all knocked up! It is 104 out here today. Argh! I am happy for you! You will be feeling much better in a few weeks!
Susan- Kara is teasing you! She will be here so soon! How fun for Haley! And you lucky woman! What will you do first, sleep on yoru tummy or your back?
Wendy- Hope your dad is well...
Dawn- Are you next? Did your mom come into town yet?
Jen- I feel you on the heat. I hav eto get up at 5 in the morning if we run, or else it is too darned hot. I cannot wait to have some rain and a chill out here!
Hope I did not forget anyone, I am so sorry if I did. I have not been on here enough, and am tryign to get better about it!!!
P.S. Susan- you got me inspired to get a haircut. It looked great for a day and now i hav no clue how he made me look so cute. Whenver I try to style it, I think I look like a mushroom cloud.

Hi everyone,

I know I haven't been around much but things haven't been easy around here but it means soo much that you didn't forget me.

They moved dad closer but now it's been one bad thing after another. They had to take the feeding tube from his nose and move it to his stomach in the hopes he'd stop vomiting but it didn't help. Now he has pneumonia, the infection in his back almost exposes his ribs, he still has his trach but is soo much pain and the drugs for pain and nausea just knock him out. He can't breathe on his own and we just can't stand to see him suffer anymore. I wanted him to see the baby (induction is only 2 1/2 weeks away) but I can't stand to see him suffer that long. We've gone from wanting him to get better to just hoping God will take him soon. We meet with the doctor tomorrow. I just don't think I can take anymore. I should be happy that the baby is doing well but it's hard to enjoy anything right now. Thank you all for being so supportive and sorry I've been absent lately and I hope all is going well for all of you.

Congrats Allison!

Wendy,
Thanks for taking the time to write us. I know you're going thru some amazing stuff. I cannot even imagine your pain. Allow us to be here for you---during what might be the most difficult think you'll ever endure. (hugs)(hugs) (prayers)(prayers)

Morning!
Not much sleep here..yawn!

Christine-I hope your son is better!! Do you think its the flu?? Thankfully Haley has never had projectile vomiting!! I can only imagine the mess! Glad you get to see dh this weekend. You guys will be living together before you know it. Why is it our hair never looks as good as the day we get it cut??? Happens to me all the time! Oh..TUMMY...for sure I will sleep on my tummy!!!!

Wendy-I"ll be thinking about you. Im so sorry you are going through so much! Hope your dad gets some relief soon.

Melanie-hope you have a fast work day!

Morning Jen, Pricilla, Mel2, Kristine, Dawn (where are you?) Allison--how is Andrew sleeping?

Hi everyone!

I'm so sorry I have been AWOL. I wish I could say I've been spending time with the new baby but not yet. My family arrived in town and we're doing lots of things--eating spicy foods, walking, but I haven't gone for the castor oil yet (just kidding)! Baby is hanging in there. I am having some contractions in the evenings but they are irregular and go away. I'm also having some back discomfort and very minor menstrual-type cramps but nothing too serious. All the signs are there but the baby. :)

I have my 39-week apt tomorrow, so I'm hoping for some news. But again I'm trying to remember that it's most healthy for this baby to make it to 40 weeks and make her appearance when ready.

I quickly read the other posts but will send some personals soon. Wishing you all a great day and lots of great baby vibes. And thanks everyone for the support. I will be back soon to return it all!

Dawn

Wendy, I am so sorry for you and wish I was there to give you a hug. You are bringing part of your dad back to the world in your baby. THere is always some light in that.

SWINE FLU. My son has swine flu. So, my OB has me on watch for my fever spiking. Super. DH home in two days. Today is going to be crafts in the house all day. It is supposed to be 109 degrees outside. My poor boy. He is miserable. Maybe we will build a fort in the living room. The upside of escrow is that the house no longer needs to look like a museum.

Dawn- Get ready, baby is coming soon!!!! So, tummy or back? Or a cocktail! What have you missed the most?

Oh Christine!!! Your poor guy! You better be extra extra careful!!

Dawn-wont be long now for sure!!

I did LIS this morning and it helped with my energy level some. Dh's neice is coming for dinner tonight so I need to think of a dessert to make...chocolate for sure! Off to shower and get some chores done. bbs

Wendy- Thank you for taking the time to update us. We are here for you and know that we understand the difficulty in being excited for the new baby. It does not make you any less of a mother. Unfortunately life gets in the way. But someone said it perfectly on here: You are bringing back a piece of your father when your child is born. They will always have that link.

Christine- Swine Flu???? I am so sorry for what you are also going through. I will pray that your DS recovers quickly and that you and baby stay safe. BIG HUGS to you! Sugar has become my craving....sour patch kids are heaven! Never used to eat them either.

Dawn- Yay! It's almost time for that precious bundle to arrive! I can't believe we will have two poss three (with Susan) babies soon! Please keep us posted. I am living vicarously through you and your symptoms until your bundle arrives!

Hello to everyone else! How are all the babies in the bellies?

Wow, now there is a fire headed towards us. Was I bad in a former life? We are going to bake all day, since the air is bad and we cannot go outside till the fires go down, jimmy has swine flu, and I am a whale. So, let's eat buttery sugar things. Oy.:(

Hi everyone

Christine, I'm sure nothing else possibly could go wrong, right??? And once your son is fully recovered, then he'll be immune from the flu, which would be great for family and baby. :) I'm all about happy thoughts!

Susan and Melanie and Jen and Pricilla and Mel2 and Wendy and everyone else, sending you good karma and wishing you all the best. Thank you for sharing stories and support. And get some rest . . . oh and chocolate, too. :)

I am off workouts to be honest, with the exception of walking. I have great plans for post-baby though. I'd like to start with a premix of Imax 2, then maybe Cardio and Weights, and then Boot Camp . . . :)

Feeling some pressure down below. So who knows. Every night I wonder if this is the night????

Allison, congratulations on baby Andrew! We're so happy for you!

Take care,
Dawn

I'm singing praises today for the new belly belt I got me yesterday, I was almost in tears and now my lower back feels relieved...

Allison, your baby is just adorable!! I just saw the pics in FB. and Ella looks like a little princess!

Dawn, I'm sure you'll get good news tomorrow. I love your actitude!

Susan, just two more weeks!!!! How exciting, this is the best time ever, one baby after the other... makes me think mine will be here in no time as well

Christine, I hope your boy is recovering fast. With the cold days approaching it seems like that flu is just spreading everywhere. My coworker's kid has it and she is pregnant, her dr put her on Theraflu, you may want to ask your dr if you need to be medicated as well.

Wendy, what a rollercoaster this has been for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melanie, I may try something for the roids as well, I tinkd it doesn't help the fact that I'm dealing with constipation like I haven't before. I will get some Metamucil as well. I hope you like the new dr. When is your next sonogram? Are you getting a 3d or 4d?

Mel2, how is everything? Has MS made its apprereance yet? Hopefully not

HI everyone else, I hope you all have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.