Got my TIMESAVER DVD

So you posted these posts as a wake-up call for those of us who have our heads buried? Did I get that right? Or were you looking for reassurance that are world is going to be OK?

Both!!!

I"m fully awake. I am very excited about the future of this country. For the past eight years, I was horrified. Now I'm hopeful. That's my bit of reassurance. Somehow, I don't think it is what you were looking for though.

Well I'm still horrified and still looking for hope.

I really just don't see how the Timesaver DVD has anything to do with what is being discussed here. ;)

Because I was upset about receiving a booklet in spanish when Cathe is an american based company and I am a citizen of the USA.
Why a spanish only book? Why not a booklet that is 1/2 english and the other 1/2 translated in other languages like I got with my a sony Ipod docking station for instance.
I like the idea of getting little surprises with DVD's like the cookbook like we used to get with the Firm workouts.
And then well i got off on a tangent. k?

Why didn't you just ask customer service? It's probably all a mistake, and they'll send you a nice English one to replace it. Really, calm down; if that's the worse that's happened to you lately, you should consider yourself very lucky.

Heck, I'd be more pissed at the EgglandsWorst crap that came with it.:p

Well, for starters, throwing out the Alex Jones DVD should help with this.

Seriously, look into the decent news/info sources that were presented in the other thread.

Gayle thank you I will look into it. But even before I ever heard of Alex Jones (2 days was the 1st time I'd heard of him) I had heard of the theories surrounding Kennedy's assassination and I have always wondered. So some of what he is saying is not new.

Many will consider that Alex Jones is not reputable and that may be but that does not necessarily make the things he's saying false.

Even a liar can sometimes tell the truth but it's just not expected.

"Even a liar can sometimes tell the truth but it's just not expected."

Expecially when they make a living at it.

Sorry to keep beating this dead horse. I've wasted WAY too much time on this thread, but it's like a train wreck. I can't look away....

I just don't get how receiving a booklet about eggs written in all Spanish means the country is going to hell in a handbasket (or egg basket, huh huh). I mean, the Timesaver DVD (which was all you ordered, right?) was in English... The egg booklet was just bonus anyway, right? I just think that there are other things to worry about in life than an egg booklet written in spanish and a truck driver donning a mexican flag.

I think you should just CALL egglands best or email SNM and find out what's up with the booklet instead of comparing it with the downfall of the entire country.

ETA: Sorry to repeat you TeTe. We must have been posting at the same time. Great minds...

Sorry to keep beating this dead horse. I've wasted WAY too much time on this thread, but it's like a train wreck. I can't look away....

I just don't get how receiving a booklet about eggs written in all Spanish means the country is going to hell in a handbasket (or egg basket, huh huh). I mean, the Timesaver DVD (which was all you ordered, right?) was in English... The egg booklet was just bonus anyway, right? I just think that there are other things to worry about in life than an egg booklet written in spanish and a truck driver donning a mexican flag.

I think you should just CALL egglands best or email SNM and find out what's up with the booklet instead of comparing it with the downfall of the entire country.

ETA: Sorry to repeat you TeTe. We must have been posting at the same time. Great minds...

Whoa, Stephanie! You're making way too much sense here...my brain can't handle it! :p

Well before the EB thread I never would have given it a thought to buying EB eggs. BUT, since reading that thread, it woke me up about abused chickens and EB's practices and such. And I've changed my mind about EB because I was able to open my mind and see. And so now I must boycott EB. I guess I just thought I would post that anyone ordering the Timesaver DVD you will be getting some surprises with it. Not everyone will find these pleasant.
So it will be pointless to call Cathe or EG to send me a english pamplet when it is about a company I am now boycotting anyway.

And really to be fair I did mark both threads with a warning. In the other thread it is clearly marked political in the title so that people would not go in if they didn't want to.

In my o/p in this thread I did warn you not to read further because I was going to vent.

So, you're writing threads, but you don't want people to read them. Hmmm... But, really, you never said "don't read this, I'm going to vent." You said, "I'll probably get flamed, so be it." (Oh, you did warn that if you're faint of heart, to stop reading. Well, I doubt many of us here consider ourselves faint of anything!)

So, see, you were right; you got flamed. And, according to your o.p., you wouldn't care if you did, so why go on about it?

Last edited:
So, you're writing threads, but you don't want people to read them.

No, go ahead and read but for the people that upset easily then I posted that for them and maybe some opted out at that point. That is all.

Hmmm... But, really, you never said "don't read this, I'm going to vent." You said, "I'll probably get flamed, so be it." (Oh, you did warn that if you're faint of heart, to stop reading. Well, I doubt many of us here consider ourselves faint of anything!)

So, see, you were right; you got flamed. And, according to your o.p., you wouldn't care if you did, so why go on about it?

I feel that if a person posts a response then that person may be expecting a response back.

I hope so too. I'm tired of worrying, having bad dreams, and having my stomach in knots, and feeling like the ax is poised over me getting ready to fall.

Tami, is this feeling coming from stories you're watching on Fox News? I'm serious, not teasing you. I sometimes flip to FN and notice that their stories are almost always aiming to inspire fear and anxiety, feeding on any and all bad news (and there's always bad news) to whip up bad feelings.

There's reason to "investigate" as you say. Like you, I don't trust the government (or anyone for that matter) to always to the right thing for the right reason. Just be careful that your research isn't totally skewed.

It's also ok to take a break from your investigating for your own sanity. I know that I can make myself feel very dark feelings of anxiety, fear, and despair if I research the holocaust, for example. It's important that the holocaust be researched, but I know that it is not something I can do, so I don't. If the anxiety is affecting your sleep and making your feel sick, stop feeding the anxiety and start focusing on ways to feel better.

Amy

Tami, is this feeling coming from stories you're watching on Fox News? I'm serious, not teasing you. I sometimes flip to FN and notice that their stories are almost always aiming to inspire fear and anxiety, feeding on any and all bad news (and there's always bad news) to whip up bad feelings.

I've never mentioned Fox-we mostly watch CBS nightly new with Katie Couric but my DH does listen to radio talk show hosts like Savage, Hannity, and a few others I forget who all else I guess Hannity is affiliated with Fox???:confused:. But he's never heard of Alex Jones.
I almost can't watch ANY news anymore but then I feel guilty like I'm burying my head in the sand. It's almost always the dreadful stories that receive the attention. And I have to wonder if it's by design. Actually with the exception of the Alex Jones DVD that was given to me yesterday, most of the info I receive is my DH and here on the open forum.

There's reason to "investigate" as you say. Like you, I don't trust the government (or anyone for that matter) to always to the right thing for the right reason. Just be careful that your research isn't totally skewed.

I'll try.

It's also ok to take a break from your investigating for your own sanity. I know that I can make myself feel very dark feelings of anxiety, fear, and despair if I research the holocaust, for example. It's important that the holocaust be researched, but I know that it is not something I can do, so I don't. If the anxiety is affecting your sleep and making your feel sick, stop feeding the anxiety and start focusing on ways to feel better.

I don't know why I'm so wound up about this lately. I'm practically in a panic. I'm just scared of the unknown I guess. I was talking about it earlier today with my husband and I started crying.:eek: Maybe your right I need to step back. Then I feel I'm in denial.
I feel I'm in a vicious circle :eek:.

Amy

Thank you Amy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.