GOD does he really care about me???

Teddygirl

Cathlete
I apologize if I am out of order, I truly..truly do. But, I need to know that NOTHING just happens, seems like the more I strive to do good, to do right, to seek his face, to become more intimate with him. I swear the worst things get for me. I just don’t understand it.

As I’m sitting here just thinking and asking GOD why…why…why…..why GOD why….trying so hard too fight and hold back my tears. He hasn’t answered me yet? :-( :-(

I know I'm wrong for saying this. But, I get SO mad at GOD that I have to "repent" over and over and at the same time love him, trust him, believe him and keep my faith that he is going to work things out for me. It just seems like he has turned his back on me. Always, unanswered prayers, again, I apologize, if I have offended anyone :) I guess, sometime you just have too encourage yourself. And yet, still try and hold on to the little faith that I have, you no what? its fadin away.

Why has he taken me out of my small comfort zone and place me in the fire. I have been here a long while NO peace and NO joy. Do you have a word?

Teddygirl~

Teddygirl {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I dont think you're out of line and I KNOW YOU!
The word that comes to mind is RELEASE. Sometimes we say and THINK we have really turned situations/lives over to Him (whatever you call Him/Her/It)but if we are still in turmoil and pain and confusion then we really havent truely turned it over. After all if you believe that God is all good and all Loving & all Powerful what are you stressing about? (easier said than done I know). A little trick that works for me (advice given to me by a wonderful spiritual teacher years ago) When you sit down to pray... Say Dear God- Here I am .... and STOP TALKING! ;-) and KNOW that you are being cradled and taken care of. Its hard to "hear" and "sense" the presence when we're complaining and crying.... I believe that we are all guided 100% of the time... its the % of time we listen however that needs the work.
I hope you find some peace today my friend. ;-)

Teddygirl, I don't post here very often anymore so I am out of the loop as to what is going on with you.

Everyone has their own views, beliefs, etc when it comes to religion so what I am posting is just me. I do believe that God loves each and everyone of us. I truly belief that he does love everyone but not everything that we, as humans, do. Everything does happen for a reason but we always do not know why and may never know why until our own judgement day.

You say that your prayers are not answered? God works in mysterious wonders and you may need to look deeper b/c you may be praying for one thing and He may answer it - but not in the way that you expect.

((HUGS)) to you.

Hi Teddy girl! I just want to say that I am sorry that you are going thru such a rough time right now. It seems, when it rains, it POURS at times. I KNOW God loves you and sometimes we just don't understand the "WHY" me? I also agree that our timing isn't necessarily God's timing but I do believe He loves you. Hang in there and I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Tracie, how did I know that you’d be the first to come to my rescue, Your words brought a flow of tears and an overflow of encouragement to my heart, I do trust him, even tho its hard at times. I truly thank you for what you said, it meant so much to me, I cant even express it at this time :) :)

You are truly my friend, thank you. Tonight, before my class, I’m going home to lay beside his precise feet and cradle myself. And I trust and believe he will give me more patients and more grace to go through, because when he is done I will shine as pre gold.

Teddygirl,
Have you ever read Job? I was just reading about this last night so bare with me as I don't have my notes with me. I was reading I think chapter 36:21 (I'm not quite sure off the top of my head) but the verse that stood out had to do with the fact that Job did not trust God DURING his affliction. Instead of trusting God during the pain, he asked, "Why God,Why?" I don't think God was punishing him, He was allowing Job to be tested but He was with him the whole time and He was just waiting to POUR out the blessings on Job. If Job had trusted God during the time of affliction, he still would have experienced pain and hardship but he would have had the "peace that surpasses all understanding" during the hard time. Does this make sense? I don't understand why things happen the way they do but this I do know, God is not out to get you (in the negative sense). If you want your faith renewed, you've got to get in the Word (which is hard to do!). It sounds like you need some encouragement and it is in God's Word.
HTH,
Ashley

My mom always used to say to me when I was down, "what's the worst that can happen?" I don't know if that makes sense in your situation, but it always helped me!

I was in a situation once and basically pleaded for God to help me. I was stuck at a place where nobody could help me....not even my mom. I either needed my best friend or God. The next thing I knew, after desperately pleading, he helped. Maybe it was a coincidence, but maybe not.

Keep your head up, keep pleading, praying, it can only get better!

Sara

Teddygirl my hugs to you. i myself am going through some personal issues lately myself. while i don't adhere to any religion so to speak i do believe in God and that there are reasons we go through what we go through. at times its just frustrating b/c we don't understand why or what is expected we do.

i don't think you are out of line, you can't help to feel what you feel and if anybody is offended by that then oh well, who are they to judge you anyway. nobody knows how you feel or what you go through and whatever choice you make is between you and God.

i can't really give any set advice, just know i understand. i try to keep in mind that things will work out, its been hard not to be angry, confused, sad, but we have to keep pushing foward. you also may be pressuring yourself to much to do things that appease God and even others. God loves us for our efforts, forgives for our mistakes when we admit wrong and try to make right. as somebody mention, your prayers may be answered, but just not in the way you expect them to. i do believe that to be my case over the few weeks here myself, but the more i try to seek it out, the more frustrating and blinded i become. we just have to take a step back and see what has been given to us and how we can use that to help our own situation while knowing we are being guided along the way.

i hope this helps, b/c i have been crying most of the morning about my situation b/c i am so frustrated and angry that my emtions have over poured me, so for whatever reason, i am glad i ran across your post this time, and believe i had to know i wasn't alone either, and neither are you.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

Hi Teddygirl! I'm sitting here in tears w/you. I am going to pray for you diligently because as we strive in our everyday lives to seek God more and more Satan is going to try harder to pull you away. Keep your faith!!!

I just finished a Beth Moore - Believing God bible study that was awesome!! Last night was the last night in which we were studying faith. A passage that may help: Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

It is so hard when we are in "the pit" and we want an answer now. Our time isn't God's time, but keep that faith and hope in God - he is an awesome God. My mother passes away a couple of years ago and I made it through with constant prayer. It was when everybody went on with their lives that I become depressed. I remember telling my husband I knew God was right beside be but I just couldn't feel Him. I really gave myself to God - whole body, mind and soul - my life is so wonderful now and I'll never let Him go again!!!

Do you remember when Jesus was hanging on the cross and He said "my Father, why hast though forsaken me?" (not a quote) He also questioned His Father but He had the faith and hope of God's promises. I guess that's the human side of us, to question.

I don't know what you face, but BELIEVE God! Think about Noah when God told him to build that ark.....can you just imagine how "looney" people must have thought he was, but he had faith in God and done what God told him to do.

Teddygirl, I definitely am not "experienced" in alot of areas of the bible, matter-of-fact I'm just learning. But what I do know is that life is easier w/Him than without Him.

I like this saying: I would rather live my life believing there is a God, than die to find out there is not.

Again, I don't want to step on anybody's toes but my heart goes out to you. If you want to talk email me at [email protected] I will try and help out all I can.

May God Bless You. :7

Thank you ladies! I’m going to restraint from my own post at this time I can’t take it, I am so there this day. I have lost it already and needing to get though today and my H&R Block Final today eek!!

I know he loves me. What I truly believe, is this firer he has placed me in, has much to do with my Purpose in life; his purpose for my life is what I meant to say. No this, I’m going though, even tho, it seems much for me to bare one thing after another after another after another, it don let up(i'm losing my hair) I get so emotionally overwhelmed at some point I break down, all the way down to my knees that I have too look up to him and cry out. It doesn't matter where today, it just happen to be here, I felted I could I consider you my friends.

I keep telling myself that “Nothing Just Happens” God knows everything, I don’t. But, I’m going though I will continue to find strength. Because he told me that his grace is sufficient Thank you

Teddygirl~

Hugs and Prayers

Teddygirl:

Yes, He loves you. Yes, He cares. I encourage you to stop striving. Rest. Listen. Be still and know that He is God. It is possible that you are asking God to calm the storm around you when what He really wants to do is calm you in the midst of the storm. My favorite Bible study of all time is Breaking Free by Beth Moore. Beth said something in a video lesson that still resonates with me. God never allows a fire unless He can bring beauty from the ashes. I can testify that this is true. He is always faithful.

Beloved, hang in there. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God, so please keep feasting on God’s Word. I am sending hugs and keeping you in my prayers. It sounds like you are being refined by fire. It hurts now, but blessings await you on the other side of this refining season. You will come forth as gold. Keep the faith. Keep believing God. He has a purpose, and He is a preparing you to fulfill the hope of your calling.

It is also possible that you are dealing with an element of warfare. Take time during this Thanksgiving week to count your blessings, praise God, and thank Him. God inhabits the praises of His people, and the enemy will flee. Feel free to send me a PM anytime.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Hugs and Prayers

well after my post and worrying,my "angel" came in the form of a conversation with my MIL, and a solution to the problem. see as somebody stated, your prayers may be answered but not in the way you expected, and this was it.

heather-i love that point, that he wants to calm us in midst of the storm. its one that i have heard over and over(in many different words) but one that always seems to hit me in the face when i am in need of answers.

bless you all
kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

RE: Hugs and Prayers

Just wanted to say I am also praying for you. I agree a lot with what has already been said. Don't try to earn God's love, but try to be in the spirit. Pray without ceasing. This will help you be closer to God and shut out the doubt. Sometimes when times are tough the only way to get through is to pray ALL day. It's also important to remember that sometimes God allows the difficulty (as someone else posted) but He may not have caused it directly. He want you to draw closer to Him at this time and as someone else pointed out satan does not want this so he will fight by encouraging you to doubt.

Also, along these same lines, other people have free will. I am in a difficult personal situation and I have been praying about it for 8 years!! The situation has not improved!! I am closer to God and I know He has not caused this situation. Another person in my life is choosing to turn from God and follow Satan. That is his choosing. This is causing me pain and difficulties but it certainly is not what God wants. He wants this person to turn back towards Him.

Also, the old "count your blessings" helps. I think I heard this was in "Simple Abundance". But maybe you could commit for the next 30 days to write 10 things you are thankful for every evening. I know this helps me a lot sometimes. Sometimes, though, I am stubborn and don't want to do this exercise , although I know it will help my perspective. This is because I want to indulge in a pity party :p I love to do that :7 Marnie

Teddygirl, I'm so sorry for your pain. I have no advice beyond what you've already been given, just know that I'm praying for you. And yes, God cares about you--He loves and cares for us all.

Heather--your remarks were beautiful and right on!

First {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}} and He is still there.

>>It just seems like he has turned his back on me. Always,
>>unanswered prayers,

Second, our prayers are answered...not according to what WE want the answer to be, but God's answer...sometimes we have to look beyond what we want to see what God has planned for us. And this is not always easy, I know.

Keep faith and take care.

It was explained to me that the closer you are to God...the more you will be tested...I don't know your situation...but you must be living right...Hang in there...I know God loves and cares about you. The trouble your having now will only help you grow closer to God.

I know you're Christian, but what helps me comes out of Buddhism. Do right for its own sake, then do nothing. Sometimes the more you strive, the farther out of reach the goal becomes. When you've done all you can, it may be time to let go. Good luck and ((hugs)).

Hi Teddygirl,

I think that we all have felt the same way you do at some point in our lives. I don't know if you are Christian, but even Jesus felt God had forsaken him when he was being crucified. I think that feeling is just a part of the trials of life.

In order to stay encouraged and keep my faith,I have learned that you have to take the time to appreciate and thank God for His small blessing and the things you take for granted--for allowing you find your missing car keys, stopping you for falling all the way on down when you stumbled on a leaf, getting an unexpected phone call from your best friend exactly when you needed someone to talk to.

It wasn't until I started doing this that I started seeing more immediate answers to my prayers. That doesn't mean my life is perfect and that I get everything I ask for as soon as I ask Him, but I felt like I was rewarded for my actions.

I don't know your situation, but things happen not only to make you stronger, but also to help make those around you stronger as well. It's happened to me. At the time, I thought I was living a nightmare, but my siblings and I are now better people for enduring it.

I wish you great blessing with your spiritual journey.

Lorrie

Teddygirl, I don't believe that anybody is going to "work things out" for you. I think you have to do that for yourself. Is there anything we can help with? We're really good at giving out advice, if you hadn't noticed. ;)
Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.