Getting Our Licks In!

Had a great 3 day weekend with the family. 2 bike rides, Tabatacise 1-4 (Lily joined me for some of it), Afterburn single intervals, and RWH Circuit Upper Body. My legs are talking to me! The 4th was a fun BBQ with friends and yesterday was cooler (lots of smoke haze right now) with a little rain in the evening and I started prep work for Lily's party on Saturday. I plan to do LIHI Back/Bi/Shoulders tonight.

Janie - So glad you caught the beautiful fireworks, worth the lack of sleep the next day!

Michelle - So glad Toby is doing better and you all are getting sleep again!

Cindy

I'm back at work after a week's vacation. Bathroom turned out well. The wallpaper came off easily but painting the ceiling was awful. My neck is killing me. Other than that all went well. After each day of painting I was keeping up w/KCM's rotation. My poor body was hurting. Can't remember last week's workouts but will just start w/Saturday. Saturday was Your Best Body, Sunday Kickboxing #1 & tonight will be Lift #2 which is a total body workout + abs.

The 4th of July in Oceanside was just gorgeous & the best I've ever seen for my neighborhood. I could look out my upstairs bedroom window & have a clear view of everything. Jones Beach didn't have fireworks in 5 years but this year the beach was ablaze!!! I could view some of it from my window. Jones Beach is only 15 min. away from my house. DH & I went to the beach Lido Beach on Sunday.

Cindy: Happy Belated Birthday. Happy to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves. Your workouts are great as usual. Sounds like a great Pilates instructor you have there.

Michelle: Poor Toby. Thank goodness he's feeling much better now. Glad your getting your much needed sleep. You seem to never slack on your workouts no matter what you have going on. Great job.

Janie Sis: I was laughing when you mentioned that the picture of you w/the guitar was just a backdrop of a beach. Too funny! I'm sure your family enjoyed your strumming on the guitar & singing. They might've even been singing along w/you. :) Glad you enjoyed your 4th.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

I'm doing 21-day fix workouts this week. Yesterday was cardio fix and today was pilates fix. These are good workouts for me right now since they last about 30 minutes which is about as far as I can stretch Toby's willingness to be a good puppy in his crate in the morning. He has graduated to being out of his crate when I exercise on a work day--we'll get there as he matures.

Janie: so happy you spent some time with your family on the 4th. We just stayed at home and quite frankly I was in bed (and so was the puppy) by 9:30. The neighborhood fireworks did not phase us one bit.

Michelle

Last night was KCM's Power Sculpt which is the 2nd workout in the Lift dvd. I'm all achy today due to the workout. Its been quite a while since I've done this one. Tonight's her Shape Up cardio only premix which is all tabata drills. Wish me luck on this one b/c its hard.

Cindy: We must have been posting at the same time yesterday. You had a wonderful weekend between bike rides & workouts & BBQ w/friends. Can't get any better than that. DH & I still haven't taken out our bikes. :( Soon I hope. Will you be doing a theme party for Lily on Saturday?

Michelle: Glad your doing 21DF & 30 min. is perfect for you right now. Are you working from home these days working on your paper in order to take care of Toby? Its no wonder that your exhausted every night.

Waves to Janie!
Kathy

It felt great doing a weights workout last night and tonight I'll do Hiit 40/20. We did get a short bike ride in before dinner but with little's in tow it's more leisurely. I had a good food day yesterday and am trying to focus this week on no can sugar, it's such a struggle for me!

Kathy - Great job sticking to those workouts while painting, aren't ceilings the worst!?! Lily's theme is roses, she pictured roses falling from the sky all around her and I said that won't happen. I do have some rose cupcakes and decorations planes as well as I could. She'll do water play in the back yard along with a sleepover and we have glitter bracelets to make, foam flowers to make, and painting boards so the girls can paint. It will be fun.

Michelle - It's nice to have shorter workouts so you can get something in during this phase, he's a good pup for being able to do 30 min :)

Cindy

21-day fit Dirty 30 yesterday. I think that one is one of my favorites from the 21-day fit series. Long day yesterday. I am mostly back to my regular work schedule--going in to the office M-Th, work at home on Fridays. Usually, I work at home another day of the week because I end up having meetings at Quantico and it is just more efficient to work at home than drive the hour up to my office after a meeting at Quantico. For example, I have a 1-2:30 pm meeting today, so I'll work at home this morning, go to my meeting, then come back home to finish my work day. And I think I sleep so well at night of late because between work and keeping up with the pup, I'm ready to go to sleep by 9 pm. Mind you, my little furry alarm clock usually wakes me up around 5 am. There's no leisurely wake up right now either--it's up and let's roll! But it's all good--before I know it my little puppy will be a big handsome golden retriever. Got to enjoy this phase while it's here. It really doesn't last that long.

Cindy: the rose theme birthday party sounds like it is going to be great. Roses falling from the sky? Oh boy--I wonder what Lily is going to want when she gets married--LOL! I wonder if you could find rose petal confetti that you could throw up in the air. That might get expensive though if its real rose petals.

Kathy: that's a good sounding rotation that you are doing. Isnt' KCM located in N.J.? I think last year a group of Cathletes went to her studio on Friday morning. They said it was about an hour drive from where Cathy is--if I'm remembering correctly.

Waves to Janie!
Michelle

Last night was Shape Up cardio only premix. Whew! Glad that one's over with. Its all tabata drills 20 sec. on & 10 sec. off doing the drill 8 times!!! Thank goodness I breezed right through it w/out any breaks b/c I didn't want to go longer than 32 min. :) Tonight's Total Body Kickboxing #2. Nice & easy. I need something easy after last night. This rotation has you doing circuit, heavy & moderate weights 2x a week & then cardio. I really enjoyed her Body Training. Still haven't done the 2nd workout which is Pilates/Stretch I think. It comes into the rotation next week I believe.

Cindy: Oh my Lily wanting rose petals to rain from out of the sky? Your child has a wonderful imagination. But I can't see that happening. Your going to be tired after all of their water games & the sleep over. Sounds like such fun. You always come up with fantastic themes for your children's parties. Your amazing. I realized that I had all this hidden sugar in food that I was eating. Such as a waffle topped with Greek yogurt, blueberries & maple syrup for instance. Its all sugar. Even in my rice milk it contains 12g of sugar! Trying to cut all of this out. Its not easy but both of us will do it.

Michelle: Enjoy your puppy days b/c you know that animals grow up much faster than humans. :) I feel you on the waking up at 5. I have to wake up at 5:30 every morning just to get everything accomplished in the morning before I head into work at 7:05 a.m. Dirty 30 is my favorite too out of the bunch. Its nice that you get to work from home. Makes it much easier for you when traveling. Kelly is located in NJ. It takes me over 2 hours to get to Cathe's gym in Glassboro. If I had to travel over 3 hours to get to Kelly's its not happening. I wish I could meet her. She's equally as nice as Cathe.

Waves to Janie! What have you been up to sis?
Kathy

Last night was Total Body Kickboxing which is a sculpt workout. I forgot that this one uses 3#dbs which I don't have. Had to put on my 1# weighted gloves instead. Still had a good though. Now I know I never do this one. Tonight's Weights #1 I think. Can't remember. My sugar intake is far better this week so far. Yipee!

Hope everyone has a good day.
Kathy

Last night was Weights #1 which worked my back/chest/legs & the active rests in between the sets Kelly works your abs & waist standing using a towel behind your head. Today's my rest day. Thank goodness b/c I'm tired. DH & I are going to a party at our friend's house where DH will be performing. Sunday will most likely just relax & recuperate from the party. :)

Michelle: Between work, little Toby & exercising I think your exhausted.

Cindy: I know your busy preparing everything for Lily's party on Saturday. Hope you have good weather.

Janie Sis: Are you walking on the beach w/Rolly?

Take care everyone & have a great weekend!
Kathy

Yesterday my neighbor, Rolly and I walked 4.3 miles in the wilderness near the ocean (couldn't see it though). And a welcome stretch. Today was Basic Step plus Ab routine add on. Thinking about a leisure walk on the beach with Rolly. It's been a few days since we did that. He knows he is missing out.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Weights 1 doing back chest legs and the active rests in-between rests. Hey enjoy the rest day, you deserve it. Wish I could be there when your DH performed. Enjoy Sunday's recuperation.

Michelle, Great job on 21-day fit Dirty 30. Glad that your days are mostly back to normal. Fur baby wakes up...LOL...it's up and let's roll. Yep. I agree, enjoy the phase, it does go by fast.

Cindy, Great job on the weight workout and a leisure bike ride before dinner. Congrats for a good food day. I know the struggles of sugar. ugh...

Take care my friends,

Janie

Hi everyone. Took a couple of days off from exercising. I've been doing 3 days on and then a break, but took two days off because I didn't get much sleep one night. Today was 21-day fit upper body workout. I like this workout too. It a good quick upper body workout. Took a nap this afternoon while my pup was taking a nap. Boy--I sure did need that.

Janie: is there anything better than a long walk with your pup? One of my favorite things. Right now, my walks with Toby are short but we will get there.

Kathy: 3 pound DBs with a KB workout--that sounds like a bit much to me. I probably would have just opted to wear my weighted boxing gloves. Do you have a pair of those? Three hours would be a long way to drive to do a workout. I honestly don't remember though if KCM's gym is north or south of Cathe's. If it was north, then it would be closer to you. I think we all struggle with sugar. Enjoy our evening out with your DH.

Waves to Cindy.
Michelle

Saturday was Lean Body Circuits #1 & Sunday was Kickboxing #1 + kickboxing abs. Tonight's LBC #2. When I painted the ceiling in the bathroom the right side of my neck was bothering me. Now its gotten worse & I believe its from all of these workouts which have aggravated it. I'll see how I do tonight w/LBC but may have to switch to some leg work on the floor instead. It may have to be Body Training which is standing w/balance work & then switch over to Pilates. I don't want to strain my neck. I'm putting Bio-Freeze on it + taking Aleve.

Michelle: Fur baby Toby sure does have you hopping. Glad your able to get in a workout. Short but sweet works for me. I'm not crazy about KCM's kickboxing sculpting one using the 3# dbs. I used to do it using my 5# dbs which for some of the moves were difficult to say the least.

Janie Sis: I was wondering when you were getting back into your walks w/Rolly & it looks like you did. :) That was some walk you took 4.3 miles. Good going. You & your friend had quite a lot to talk about didn't you? Great workouts you had.

Saturday was fun watching DH perform. Quite a bit of musicians & young people there so cut out early. DH & I took separate cars. Sunday we just relaxed.

Waves to Cindy!
Kathy

No official exercise to report, lots of running around though! Tonight I plan to do Circuit Upper Body.

Lily's birthday party was a lot of fun, she was in heaven with her friends. It sprinkled off and on but the girls didn't let it hold them back, we had painting, bracelet making, flower making, and nails to keep them busy between water play. Those girls ate more than the boys at Brodie's party, I was surprised!

On Wednesday I had a follow up with my Naturopath and we talked about getting my body to lose weight, I feel like I've been at a stall. She's put me on a fairly strict paleo diet for 3 weeks (no alcohol, no coffee, no sugar, no fruit, no grains) and then I can transfer to a clean paleo diet after that. She thinks my serotonin and leptin levels are probably off so this diet will get my body from burning sugar to burning fat. It was so hard not tasting the frosting as I made the cupcakes but I stayed 100% on top of my diet this weekend. We did measurements and weight so I'm interested to see where I come in after just 1 week. I was struggling on Thursday and Friday without coffee but am doing much better now, that was rough!

Michelle - I've worried about what that girl will want for her wedding, I may be in trouble! She was happy with the 2 dozen roses I bought for her, Costco had a great deal at $14 for all of them :) Enjoy that puppy while you can, they grow way too fast!

Kathy - I have such a sugar addiction so I hope this diet plan helps me cut it. It's in everything! I'm not hungry but I do have desires for sugar and carbs, hopefully they get less and less. Awesome work on your exercises and glad you had a fun weekend.

Janie - Walking the beach sounds like heaven!

Cindy

Last night b/c of my neck bothering me I decided to do KCM's Body Training #1 which is standing legs. The 2nd half of the workout is balance. Enjoyed the workout. Tonight will do KCM's Cardio Fix #1 which is low impact. I'm laying off the weights for now in hopes the neck will get better.

Cindy: Glad Lily had a blast at her birthday party. What cute ideas you come up with for the girls to do. Both of us will lick this sugar addiction we have. We can do it! Its hard at first but I hear it gets easier with each passing day.

Waves to Michelle & Janie!
Kathy

I've adjusted my workouts to be shorter because I just do not have the stamina right now to do a lot, I'm guessing it's the diet change. Monday night I did Tabatacise 1-2, I wanted to do 3 but just didn't have it in me. Last night I did Athletic Training Express and tonight I'm going to try Hiit 30/30. The weight is still dropping off, I'm at about 1 lb a day, amazing what no sugar, no fruit, no alcohol, and no grains will do!

I've scheduled myself for a massage this afternoon and am really looking forward to it :) Last week my chiropractor told me my neck and shoulder muscles were really tense and that I needed to get them worked on, that's motivation enough for me!

Kathy - I hope your neck is back to 100% soon, maybe you need a massage too! I'm doing better every day with the sugar and I'm finding that things taste sweeter to me than they used to. How is it going for you?

Cindy

Last night I just was too tired to workout. Plus KCM's Cardio Quick Fix is not a favorite of mine. Tonight I'll do KCM's Muscle Up #1 + abs which is on the rotation. I'll try it & see how my neck feels.

Cindy: I'm so happy to hear that your weight is finally coming off. I know you've struggled w/this for quite some time. Yipee! For me not so good. I'm losing any weight. :( I believe its due to being post menopausal. Women tend to get round around their middle & hips. I never used to have a pooch but now I do. I'll try what your doing & will tweak the diet again. Its going to look exactly what a competitor body builder or bikini competitor do. Because that's what your doing. :) My DS (Craig) wants to take me out on a Friday for a son/mom day. Isn't that sweet of him? I'll tell him to book a massage for me real soon. :) Enjoy your massage.

Waves to Michelle & Janie Sis!
Kathy

My massage was wonderful and I'm going to start scheduling a massage every 2-3 months. As of July 1st our health insurance will pay for massages so why not? ;) I wasn't feeling up to hitting it hard last night and did Slide & Glide Muscle Conditioning, I could have used something with a little more umph but it worked. Tonight is X10 Step for something quick.

Kathy - If I'm tired and don't really "like" what I'm supposed to do I have a tendency to not do it either! I'm sure your body needed the rest. I was thinking that my diet right now is a competitor's diet, after 2 days it really gets easier! That's so wonderful your son wants to take you out for a day together, so nice! Enjoy it!

Michelle & Janie I hope you're both having fun :)

Cindy

Neck is still bothering me. I'll try using a heating pad on it tonight. I have no idea why it isn't feeling better.

Last night I continued w/KCM's rotation which was Muscle Up Lift 2 Be Fit (chest/back/shoulders/abs). Tonight's the 2nd half of that workout which covers (legs/bis/tris). Felt good to lift heavy again. Neck didn't bother at all.

Cindy: That massage must've felt great + your workouts were great too. I'll have to book my massage soon too. Can't wait. I'll have to look into my insurance plan. Didn't realize that some companies pay for it. You definitely are doing a competitor's diet. Starting on Saturday mine will look like this:

M1: egg white omelet w/mozzarella cheese + salsa
M2: egg white omelet w/pepper, onion & tomato
M3: tuna or chicken w/mixed salad
M4: hummus w/peppers or carrots
M5: chicken or fish or turkey & veggies

Does this sound about right to you?

Have a great day everyone,
Kathy

Been keeping up with my workouts and now I feel I can start with Week 4-6 on Mon. YaHoo! Been crazy busy with the 3 galleries this year with my stuff in them. Selling OK I think, haven't heard from anyone. Guess I better contact them to see what's going on.

Michelle, Sounds like you are doing good on your workouts. Very proud of you. There really isn't anything better than walking the beach with my Rolly.

Kathy Sis, Glad your neck is feeling better. Great job on KCM's rotation Muscle Up Lift 2 Be Fit chest, back, shoulders and abs.

Cindy, OOOOO, glad your message went well. Everyone should have them from time to time. Great job on Slide & Glide Muscle Conditioning.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Started doing the same rotation of KCM but using all Cathe's workouts instead. Saturday was Cardio Supersets Express #1. I should've done the entire workout. This premix was too easy. Sunday is PRS #2.

Janie Sis: No wonder why you haven't been posting. You sure have been busy w/3 galleries. What's up for weeks 4-6?

Waves to Michelle & Cindy! I'm off to the beach today.
TTYT,
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.