Getting Our Licks In!

Read everyone's post. Time does get away with me. Been walking the beach with Rolly and doing easy jewelry making. Can't do much more than that. Found out I can play my guitar. YaHoo!

So glad we will be hearing about a little puppy. And so glad Kathy Sis, you are feeling better. And for all the continued exercises you all do.

Take care,

Janie

Hi Ladies!

I wasn't able to workout Tuesday night due to working late at the office. Last night I did KCM's weights (chest/legs/back). This also had ab exercises thrown in after you did a chest exercise. Ab work was just all right nothing special.

Janie Sis: Those walks of yours on the beach w/Rolly must be so soothing. Makes you feel great all over. What jewelry are you making now? Have the Gallerias sold your jewelry yet? At least you can play your guitar. Yipee!

Waves to Michelle & Cindy!
Kathy

We had a nice weekend with family and friends. Dave got 4th in his age group and really enjoyed the triathlon so he'll probably do it again next year. This week I've done metamorphosis and RWH upper body circuit, I'm not sure yet what I'll do tonight but starting to clean the house is on my list. This weekend we have Lily's t-ball opening ceremony and a game I am then leaving for a hotsprings resort with 4 girlfriends for a night of soaking with a delicious meal at their restaurant. It will be fun!
Michelle - I'm so excited for you to get your new babe! How wonderful to buy and plan while waiting for the arrival :)
Kathy - Yeah on finally feeling better, so happy you found a good doctor :)
Janie - Time has been getting past me lately too, going so fast right now! Keep healing!
Cindy

Geez, what happenend to me checking in this week. Last Sunday I did the plyo and firewalkder tabata premix from Crossfire--that was fun. Monday was a break day and I've been doing the Timesaver workouts from the Body Blast series this week. I haven't done the Timesavers in a very long time and it's fun to do an oldies series. Yesterday the puppies were one week old. They are up to two pounds and still just sleep, eat, go potty, and twitch like crazy. They are supposed to twitch during the first two weeks as this shows that their neuromuskulo-skeletal systems are developing correctly. Otherwise, it's just the regular work day schedule for me.

Cindy: great job with the workouts. Must be girlfriends' weekend. I have a colleague at work who is headed to Syracuse, NY for a girlfriends' weekend.

Kathy: welcome back to feeling 100 percent healthy!

Janie: take it easy and be sure your wrist is all healed up. Nothing better than taking walks with your pup. Give sweet Rolly a hug and kiss for me.

Michelle

Rainy crazy days. Had to use my climber machine to get in a cardio. Felt good to use it once again. Been learning to sing "Creep" and hoping to be able to play it as well. Love that song. Reminds me of the days in grade school and high school of being bullied mercilessly. Can relate to the song. Sad, but to me a beautiful tune. Of course going through that made me the person I am today. I like who I became.

Michelle, Rolly liked your kiss and hug and gives them right back at you. Great job on Sun. plyo and firewalker tabayta premix. For Mon. rest day. And for doing Timesave workouts from Body Blast during the week. Wow, puppies are getting older and one lucky one will be at your door in no time. Must be exciting!.

Cindy, Wow, 4th in the triathlon for Dave. How sweet! Great job on doing metamorphosis and RWH uppber body circuit and starting to clean (which I should be doing) to clean the house. Enjoy Lily's t-ball. AND for a HOTSPRINGS RESORT! Enjoy!

Kathy Sis, Just make Tues. a rest day. Great day of KCM's weight chest, legs, and back and abs. Yes, walks on the beach with my fur baby is soothing. There is always something different there and the water is amazing. I'm still making polymer clay jewelry and off the wall sort of things. The Galleries aren't selling too much yet, but when the tourist come during the Summer I'm hoping for a lot more to sell. Let's hope.

Take care dear friends,

Janie

Timesaver number 4 today. One more left and it's the leg workout.

Cindy: I glossed right over the 4th place finish for your hubby in the triathlon--good for him!

Janie: good for you getting some cardio in on your climber machine. The song "Creep" is not jiving with my memory. I'm going to have to google it. I was bullied by one boy during my freshman year in high school. Teachers saw it and never stepped in. I'm glad the times have changed (at least I hope so) in that regard. But I do think dealing with the verbal bulling made me a stronger and better person too. Hopefully your jewelry will start selling soon. Let us know if the sales take off!

Waves to Kathy.
Michelle

Finished the last of the Timesaver workouts today: timesaver 5, legs. I actually think that it is almost as long as Great Glutes. Not a whole lot going on. Need to get motivated and run some errands.

Janie: thanks for the YouTube link to Creep. I don't think I've ever heard that song before. It is a sad song.

Waves to Kathy and Cindy.
Michelle

Body Fusion today. Good mix of cardio and weights, circuit style. After a gloomy rainy Saturday, we are having a nice bright sun-shiny day with temps in the 60s. Sweet! Bought 3 new pairs of shoes yesterdays: a pair of Keds and two pairs of Earth shoes. I couldn't pass up the Keds. They remind me of my youth but my sister says they are old lady shoes--what?!!? They are very cute, white with little blue flowers on them. The Earth shoes are just super duper comfortable. Now I have to make room in the closet for them which means a serious look at shoes I have not worn in a while.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.
Michelle

My wrist is so much better now. I still can't do push ups (LOL!) But eventually, in time. Climber today for 30 min. Boring compared to the beach. Plan on getting my microwave kiln out and doing fused glass today.

Michelle, Great job on you finishing the Timesaver today and doing timesaver 5, legs.

Michelle, Great job on Body Fusion today. Love circuit training. Sounds like your shopping was ideal. Mmmm, I'm going to look up Earth shoes. I need to get rid of all my shoes that don't have some kind of traction on the underside. Don't want to slip again.

Take care Sweet Pea,

Janie

Went to a friends to do craft projects (felted soap/dryer balls) and made more fused glass when I got back home. Did use the climber late tonight, had to.

Janie

We had a great weekend but Lucas is making me pay for not being around for 1 night, he's also a little under the weather with sinus funk so that may be playing into it also. Got some great relaxation time and Lily's t-ball opening ceremony got postponed due to rain so we'll do that on Saturday. For workouts I did RWH Plyo 1 on Monday, Metamorphosis last night and have Afterburn 1-20 singles planned for tonight. I need to get my stamina built up again because Plyo 1 was not easy and I was not able to keep up!

Janie - I love that version of Creep, I'm a Radiohead fan and really love belting that song out in the car! Fun that you're learning it :) Isn't youth so hard, amazing how it really molds us good and bad. Hooray on the wrist getting better, pushups are bound to take a bit of time!

Michelle - I can only imagine how cute those pups are! Sounds like you're doing some fun workouts. I love new shoes and got a pair made out of yoga mats (Sanuk slings), they took me a good 30 seconds to figure out how to put them on but I do like them! The Keds sound very youthful to me and fun, great for the summer.

Kathy - Hope you're enjoying some spring weather!

Cindy

Shifting to Autumn Calabrese's 21-day fit workouts this week. On Monday, I did Pilates Fix, Tuesday was a break day, and today I did Cardio Fix. Very excited: the puppies are starting to open their eyes and continue to do well. Tomorrow they will be two weeks old! Just 6 more weeks and 2 days before we bring home our new baby. The next 6-weeks are going to be super busy at work so that will help the time go by fast. Puppy-izing the house won't be too big of a deal because the baby-gates will come out and during the day he will be in the kitchen with my DH or with me. I'll be taking some leave and mostly working at home for the first few weeks--sigh. On a more serious note, my heart just hurts for the people in Baltimore right now. It is such a wonderful city full of good people. I'm glad the residents are asserting themselves in positive ways to help restore order to their city.

Cindy: I've noticed that if I don't do at least one RWH cardio workout each week, my endurance falls off. You wouldn't think that would be the case, but it is. Hope little Lucas is feeling better. Go Lily!

Janie: good news that your wrist is feeling better. The push-ups will come ;).

Waves to Kathy!
Michelle

Rolly and I walked on the beach. Glorious day!

Michelle, Great job on Mon. Pilates Fix, Tues. a rest day and today Cardio Fix. Awww, puppies update, love it. Great job as well to puppy-izing the house. Yeah, I'm so saddened for Baltimore.

Cindy, Aww, poor Lucas, hope he gets better soon. Glad to hear you got some relaxation in. Great job on RWH Plyo 1 on Mon, Metamorphosis last night and plan on doing Afterburn tonight. Stamina is hard to predict. Could be you didn't get enough rest...well, you know the drill. Hang in there.

Take care,

Janie

21-day fit Upper Body Fix today. I really enjoyed this workout--nice change of pace this week. I love my Cathe workouts but sometimes a gal has to mix things up a little. Happy tomorrow is my telecommute day and hoping that the email stream is low and uneventful so I can get

Janie: a walk on the beach with your pup does sound like a glorious day.

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

21 Day Fit Dirty 30 today--a total body weight and conditioning workout is probably the best way to describe this workout. Easy to make more challenging, just up those weight amounts. Looking forward to a really nice weather weekend. Hope everyone has had a great week and been getting their licks in.

Michelle

Gardening yesterday. Hard on the wrist, so did it only for a short time. On my out the door to walk the beach with Rolly and a friend. It will be a long walk if I know my friend. Yea!

Michelle, Great job on a total body weight and conditioning workout. It's beautiful outside here in the Pacific NW.

Michelle, Great job on the Upper Body Fix. Mixing things up is mandatory for sure. Enjoy the day.

Take care dear friend,

Janie

I think I'm sleep deprived, taking all my vitamins and just exhausted all the time. I really need to focus on catching up on my zzz's soon! Things have been hit or miss for me with exercise, I need to just do it because I will feel better and have more energy afterwards. I'm a little down right now, I went to my naturopath doctor and found out I'm intolerant to eggs, I can't have them at all in any way. This really hit me hard because I love to bake and I know there are alternatives but I'm having a pity party for myself! If it means my cycles will go back to normal and I'll feel great then it's worth it but right now it's just sad to me! I'll pull out of this but it probably doesn't help that it's rainy/dreary outside! I also have to avoid cane sugar and fruit within 8 hours of each other so I'm working on avoiding sugar since it's a hard combo when coconut, cashews, and olive oil are considered fruit. Lots to wrap my head around!

Janie - Glad you got to do some gardening, it is work on the body! I have some weeding to finish up and I'm going to harvest my spinach soon then move my plants under the greenhouse, it will be nice to have them outside :)

Michelle - Great work on the 21 day fix and making it work for you!

Cindy

Visited with my family East of the mountains for almost a week. So sorry about not posting. Didn't have a computer handy. Read all of the posts and seems everyone is doing great. Did some heavy gardening and planted six asparagus roots. Thanks to my neighbor. I'm pooped!

Janie

Got through a week of 21-day fit with Autumn and now I'm back to Cathe. Went to visit my parents over the weekend for mother's day and my dad's birthday. Also spent time with my sisters, mostly with Renee. We exercised together Saturday and Sunday morning: did PUB, pyramid up premis on Saturday, and Step Moves on Sunday. Couldn't figure out what I wanted to do today after I got back home so I finally settled on TravelFit--yoga day tomorrow. My breeder finally settled on a theme for the litter: it is the Charm Litter. So my pup's AKC registered name will be something related to the word "charm." I'm thinking Golden Dome's Lucky Charm (Golden Dome is my breeder's kennel name and that comes first). His callname can be anything we want. DH and I are stilling discussing the puppy's callname. If you have any suggestions for a "charm" name, please feel free to pass them along.

Janie: You are so far west, isn't everything just about east of you? LOL! Hope you had a fun time visiting your family.

Cindy: I feel for you. I would not want to be egg-intolerant. We don't eat eggs alot, usually just on the weekend for my husband and about once or twice a month for me, but not being able to have eggs (in anything) is really hard, especially if you bake. Of course, I don't bake either. It is no wonder that you are sleep deprived--when do mothers really get to sleep? If you are having a hard time doing exercise, just try to do something short--maybe 20 or 30 minutes--hopefully the good exercise endorphins will get you feeling better and more motivated again.

Hi to Kathy--hope you are doing okay.
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.