Getting Our Licks In!

I've been MIA for quite a while. Sorry about that. I'm tired of telling you ladies about my sinus infections. Of course I have another one. It seems there's an epidemic of allergies w/everyone here in NY. The pollen is a huge blanket of green everywhere. I'm on an antibiotic again + nasal spray but still keeping up w/my workouts.

Last week was kettlebells w/KCM + low impact cardio + Turbo Fire EZ 45 Class + pilates thrown in too. This past Saturday was RWH LIHI (chest/shoulders/triceps). Sunday was RWH Low Impact #1 + KCM's Weights ab section & last night was Tracy Anderson's Precision Toning Legs + Tonique Mat "On Your Back." I can no longer do tonique's mat bridge work b/c during & afterwards my lower back is hurting. This is every time I do this particular workout. I much rather do Cathe's Great Glutes. Tonight will be Susan Chung's Rapid Fire 4 Sweat one of the premixes that contain ab work.

Work hasn't been pleasant lately either for me. I never know when I have to work late. Its always last minute. Two weeks before I did RWH's LB & UB Circuits dispersed within the week + some cardio but not much else. I figured I might as well get weights & cardio over with early b/c of the late nights. Depressing.

Cindy: That's tough that you can't have eggs. I feel your pain. Due to my kidney stone I practically can't have anything. All the foods that I used to love to eat contributed to my stones. My list is long. I know you'll persevere & get through this. Being sleep deprived comes with the territory of being a mom doesn't it? It gets soooo much better when the kiddies are older. Hang in there.

Janie Sis: Hope you enjoyed your time w/your family. Are you back home now?

Michelle: I'll have to think about some callnames for your new pup. Sounds like you had a very pleasant weekend visiting your parents & sisters. Give my regards to Renee.

Take care,
Kathy

I caught up on sleep this weekend so I'm feeling better and had energy last night to do Metamorphosis plus do some organizing down stairs. It felt good! I plan to keep getting at least some short workouts in this week because I do feel better afterwards no matter how tired I am beforehand! Brodie had his Tae Kwon Do Tournament on Saturday and got 2nd place in his group of 5, he did really well and was very pleased with himself. Today Lily has a music play and then I'll stick around and do lunch with the kids and tomorrow she has her cheer showcase and award ceremony so that will have us out late. I plan to do RWH Circuit Upper Body tonight, the burn will be nice!

Janie - Sounds like a fun week and I enjoy being disconnected now and then, it's not a bad thing :)

Michelle - Prince Charming is the first thing that popped into my head, how fun to have a theme. I made some muffins yesterday that were gluten free, egg free, and cane sugar free and they actually came out pretty good. I'll adjust but I'm sure a few favorites will be a little hard.

Cindy

Kathy - We must have been posting at the same time :) I swear there's a mourning with losing food we can eat, I just keep saying my body is healing and this is worth it. It could always be worse! Great job getting your workouts in, I hope the working late comes to an end for you along with that sinus infection. Misery!

Cindy

It's Tuesday; you know what that means--it's YOGA day. I did Yoga Relax this morning. Doing Yoga once a week is becoming my new standard routine. Kathy and Cindy--I think we all must have posted about the same time. It's funny I saw Cindy's post but not Kathy's.

Kathy: so sorry that the sinus infection is continuing to plague you. I'm wondering if maybe you are not completely getting over it and that is why it keeps coming back. Just a thought. However, despite it you keep powering through your workouts. I'm so impressed. I hear you on work and I can totally sympathize. A couple of months ago, one of my VPs (yes, I have more than one) counseled me that I needed to start saying no so that I'm not so over-committed. And I've been doing just that. I am still busy but somehow I feel like I have a little more control over my work life. Having this new puppy to look forward to is helping as well.

Puppy name update: Golden Dome's Magic Charm, call name Magic. This is the front-runner at the moment.
Michelle

I missed you guys so much. No computer at all while I was with my family, but I had a good time seeing everyone. I had missed them more than I thought. Today was Total Body Sculpting. Is so nice to exercise again. I missed that very much! LOL!

Read everyone's posts. I'm so tired of not doing normal stuff. Going to bed to catch up on my sleep.

Take care everyone, there's truly isn't a better place than home,

Janie

Work at least has been light & easy but I'm sure it will come to an end soon. :( Last night was a great workout w/Susan Chung's Rapid Fire #3 (warmup/steady state cardio/tabata/abs/stretch). Her choreo was easy & so were the tabatas. Nothing like Cathe's at all. Susan does do an excellent stretch.

Tonight will be RWH LIHI (back/bis).

My son, Craig graduated from college. Yea Craig! He also starts a new job w/OmniCare on Monday. He'll be a Triage working w/doctors, nurses, hospitals & nursing homes. He'll be entering grad school in spring of 2016 for pharmacy.

Cindy: Great job on the muffins. It takes a little bit of practice but I can generally take any recipe & change up the ingredients to make it gluten free. I just miss eating my nuts, beets, chocolate. These were my favorites. You get used to it after a while. Glad you were able to catch up on your sleep. ^^^^^5's to Brodie on taking 2nd place. Yea! How was Lily's music play? Have fun today at the cheer showcase & award ceremony.

Janie Sis: Glad you enjoyed your time w/your family. I know your enjoying being back home. :) Great job on working out.

Michelle: I had thought of the name Prince Charming too just like Cindy. But Magic is cute. The allergies are terrible here in NY. Everyday there's a huge blanket of green pollen on houses, cars, just everywhere. Everybody is sick on the trains, walking outside on the streets. I've never been this sick ever. Hopefully it will pass. As far as work is concerned, there's no one can pick up the slack. I have no choice but to do the work. We had 2 people layed off last week. Down to skelton crews. I just hope I won't be next. Pretty soon you'll have your little fur baby. I'm so excited for you.

Take care,
Kathy

I was beat last night and opted to get 8 hours of sleep and not exercise, I do feel a little guilty about that because I'm certain I won't get exercise in tonight since we won't be home until 9. Lily's play was really cute and I then hung out with her in class for a bit before having lunch with her. Tonight will be non-stop with rushing to cheer but it will be fun. I've noticed that I'm not feeling the desire to snack (nonstop at times) since removing eggs, I'll happily take that :)

Kathy - I would struggle with not being able to eat nuts and chocolate, so hard! Congrats to Craig, such an accomplishment and he has so much to look forward to!

Janie - It's wonderful to enjoy your own place and bed after being gone :)

Michelle - I love Magic that's a great name. Can't wait to see pictures.

Cindy

Didn't trust the weather to walk on the beach, so I did the Wedding Video for 30 min.

Michelle, I think the name Magic is spot on.

Cindy, It's OK to take a couple of days off when you work out weeks on end. It's good for the body sometimes. Aww, I be Lily is very proud of herself.

Kathy Sis, Great job with Susan in Rapid Fire 3. Even though her workouts might be a little easier than Cathe's it's good to change it down some every now and then. Keeps the body guessing. Congratulations on your son's graduation, and his new job. YahOO!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Forgot to post yesterday--but I did exercise: Great Glutes. Today was Hardstrikes cardio only with no conditioning drills. Looking forward to the weekend. There was a possibility that the boat was going to be in the water but the marina didn't get that done, so I guess I'll have to go to the Mattaponi Kennel Club Dog Show instead--LOL! Not sure if my breeder will be there showing her crew of dogs or not. Guess I'll find out on Saturday. Probably do a little puppy supplies shopping.

Janie: welcome home. Hope you enjoyed a good night's sleep back in your own bed.

Kathy: Congratulations on your son's graduation. Very exciting. As far as work go--you've got to do what needs to be done; I totally get it. A little rain would help with the pollen. We have a chance for some rain this weekend; sure hope we get it.

Cindy: Nothing wrong with getting a good night's sleep; your body needs that as much as the exercise. Sometimes the exercise has to give; just the way it goes. BUT--you are getting the bonus of enjoying time with your kids!

Michelle

Weekend was pretty good. Took my son out for brunch to celebrate his graduation. He enjoyed himself.

Saturday was Gym Style (Back/Shoulders/Biceps) Timesaver #1 premix. I forgot just how hard this one is. My arms were shaking. Sunday was Low Impact Challenge. I haven't done this one in a very long time. I was keeping up pretty good w/all of the choreography but when Cathe started with combo #4? I was completely lost. Had to quit & move onto KCM's Weights ab section. Tonight will be Butts & Guts one of the premixes. Another oldie but goodie.

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.

Take care,
kathy

Nice weekend--warm and humid with a thunderstorm thrown in on Saturday. Exercise first: Muscle Max, first half plus core and stretch on Saturday; IMAX2 intervals 6-10 on Sunday; and Muscle Max the second half plus core and stretch today. Went to a dog show on Saturday not far from my house. I was hoping to do some puppy shopping but there were only three vendors and their prices were on the moon. Chewy.com and PetEdge have some of the best prices. I also have a gift certificate from my Aunt and Uncle from Christmas for the DogShowStore. Right now I "just" need to order a wire crate, a couple of dog beds to go in the crate and my varikennel, and a couple of new leads and maybe a puppy collar--I might have one of those. I have to go through Ripken's shelves this weekend and figure out what I already have. I will not use his collar and lead--those will remain hanging in the entry hall. I know that probably sounds silly but the lead and the collar are too big for a golden retriever puppy anyway. I also spent about an hour is Petco yesterday looking at toys and chews. Very disheartening. Most dog toys are made in China; Kong has a few chews made in the USA and then all their treats are made in the USA. Nylabone is made in the USA but they just had a recall so I'm a bit leary of their products right now, even though the recall was on a specific lot of items. Fortunately, many of the dog treats and dog food are made in the USA or Canada. I'll feed our new puppy whatever my breeder is feeding him and then slowly switch him to Merrick which is sourced and made in the USA.

Kathy: Great job on GS back, shoulders, and biceps--not an easy one, for sure. LIC is fun but I know what you mean, if you haven't done it in a while you can get a bit lost on the choreography. Sister and I did Step Moves last week and we both experiences the same thing but just pushed through since it was on the last combo giving both of us a go.

Hope everyone has a great week. Hi to Cindy and Janie.
Michelle

Sorry I've been MIA. Been doing my workouts like cardio one day and weight lifting the next. Been busy with my jewelry (a friend photographer) has been taking photos of my work. And playing the guitar so I don't look like such a beginner when we have jamming sessions. ugh... I'll be better. Been going to sleep early 10:30 OR 11:00PM and don't know why and getting up at 8AM. Must be the exercises from not doing them for so long.

Michelle, Great job on Muscle Max, first half plus core and stretch on Saturday; IMAX2 intervals 6-10 on Sunday; and Muscle Max the second half plus core and stretch. Enjoy getting things for your new puppy to come home to. Leaving a memory behind from Ripken is just honoring him.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Saturday was Gym Style (Back/Shoulders/Biceps) Timesaver #1 premix. And Sunday was Low Impact Challenge. Partly with KCM's Weights ab section. Sounds like something I would do.

Take care,

Janie

Did yoga last night. Have to keep myself oiled up. LOL

A friend of mine wanted to donate crematory ashes for me to experiment with. She said this person would want to. She felt this would allow people to deal better with their grief when the person they loved could be close to them. I've learned much with these 4 pieces. There is NOT a lot of information on the internet, so what I know of glass and how it behaves in my kiln is how these results happen. Every time I fire up the kiln, I learn even more. There are a few more ideas I will try and think it will even be better. Will keep you posted on my process.

Janie

Hi everyone. Back from my trip to Camp Lejeune, NC as of yesterday. Managed to do all of Yoga Relax on Tuesday and TravelFit on Wednesday. No workout yesterday; Bootcamp (the original from the Intensity Series) today. Whew! If you are on Facebook and want to see puppy pictures, search for Golden Dome Kennel and you can see pictures of the puppies, age 1 day old through 4 weeks. They are really getting so stinking cute--and I have no idea which one will be mine. DH and I are going to see the puppies tomorrow. They are now just over 5 weeks old. And if that isn't enough, the boat is in the water and we'll probably head over to Solomons to start opening it up on Sunday.

Janie: I've been following your jewelry posts on FB--very interesting work that you are doing with the ashes. Very happy to read that you are get your licks in every day too!

Hi to Cindy and Kathy--happy weekend to all!
Michelle

Today we went to hear a local band here in North Cove. It was fun and danced the night away. That was my cardio today. LOL

Michelle, Hope you had a good trip to Camp Lejeune, NC, and glad you got home safely. Great job on Yoga Relax on Tues andTravelFit on Wedn. Hope you enjoyed your rest time yesterday. And for doing Bootcamp (the original). I saw the photo of the Golden Retriever and her pups. Beautiful! I would have thought you would have picked one by now. How exciting to be having a brand new fur baby.

Take care,

Janie

RWH Plyo HIIT 1 today. No exercise yesterday, just too busy. DH and I went to see the puppies. They are too cute for words. Very consistent is size and color so very hard to know exactly which puppy you are looking at. My breeder has spent alot of time watching the puppies so she knows how their personalities are developing. Still do not know which male pup will be ours. They will be "graded" for conformation and structure on June 11 and we will go to pick up our puppy on June 12th. At this point, it could be any one of the three males: purple boy, teal boy, or gold boy (the colors of the ribbons around their necks). We get pick male; that means the male that grades the best in the litter for structure and conformation. I took about 20 pictures which I can't download from my camera to computer until I get an interface cable. Seems like you have to buy the peripherals to everything these days; very little comes with a new digital camera. These technology manufacturers get us coming and going.

Janie: fun cardio is good cardio. Nothing wrong with dancing the calories away. Sounds like you had a good time.

Still working on a puppy name. My breeder has already named the little girl: Golden Domes the Charmed One, callname Phoebe. Assuming that Phoebe grades out well, Diane will be keeping her.

Michelle

Rest day today.

Michelle, Awesome about your puppies. Technology sometimes...I can't wait to hear the puppies name. I bet he will have a unique name.

Take care,

Janie

Low Max yesterday and a stretch max today (rather than yoga today). Just two weeks and 3 days until we bring home our puppy. Still no name for the puppy.

Michelle

Ripped with HIIT Upper Body Circuit this morning. Definitely much more of a cardio strength endurance workout and for me, it sure packs a punch. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day but I'll either do a light cardio or a yoga practice. The countdown is on: two weeks and two days to puppy. Still no name. I'm thinking we won't settle on a name until we bring our new puppy home.

Hope everyone is getting their licks in.
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.